AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-09-10, 19:11   Link #1041
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
If I remember correctly, didn't Misaki say Mikoto is Piripiri? XD

Anyhow, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Misaki overtakes Mikoto in popularity one day...
Well depending on how events play out, I would be surprised if she doesn't overtake Mikoto in popularity eventually.

Anyway... the fact that Misaki called Mikoto Piripiri in front of him hmmm does Misaki look different from when she was a kid? Doesn't she look a lot different actually. Hmmm...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 19:40   Link #1042
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well depending on how events play out, I would be surprised if she doesn't overtake Mikoto in popularity eventually.

Anyway... the fact that Misaki called Mikoto Piripiri in front of him hmmm does Misaki look different from when she was a kid? Doesn't she look a lot different actually. Hmmm...
I am sure she is a middle schooler but with a huge oppai lol
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 21:33   Link #1043
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I am sure she is a middle schooler but with a huge oppai lol
Now that's funny
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 21:56   Link #1044
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Now that's funny
Mikoto = Tsurupettan

Misaki = Oppai
Old 2013-09-10, 22:38   Link #1045
Destined_Fate

Quote:
If I remember correctly, didn't Misaki say Mikoto is Piripiri? XD

Anyhow, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Misaki overtakes Mikoto in popularity one day...
I would. Mikoto is the main character and we have seen her ups and downs. Misaki is "newish", especially to Anime fans, but we don't see her ups and downs or know anything near as much as her as Mikoto. It takes a very powerful characters like Mikoto to have full exposure for such a long time without becoming "old" or "hated" by the fans or be replaced by all the other characters that have come after her.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 08:50   Link #1046
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm inclined to agree with Destined Fate... but then, Misaki is a special case herself.

She is insanely popular for a character that's shown up in one scene of one anime episode. (Well, unless she showed up over in Index)

The amount of fanart featuring her is just mind-blowing when you consider that. I think that Misaki's popularity reflects how a lot of people out there want a major Railgun character that's... well-endowed, shall we say.
Old 2013-09-11, 10:42   Link #1047
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm inclined to agree with Destined Fate... but then, Misaki is a special case herself.

She is insanely popular for a character that's shown up in one scene of one anime episode. (Well, unless she showed up over in Index)

The amount of fanart featuring her is just mind-blowing when you consider that. I think that Misaki's popularity reflects how a lot of people out there want a major Railgun character that's... well-endowed, shall we say.
She's very important in the current Railgun manga arc. She's also been in Index a couple of times lately and has been hilarious in all of her scenes. This kind of popularity would not be possible if she had just been in one episode for a minute.
Old 2013-09-11, 11:30   Link #1048
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
She's very important in the current Railgun manga arc. She's also been in Index a couple of times lately and has been hilarious in all of her scenes. This kind of popularity would not be possible if she had just been in one episode for a minute.
Thanks for the info. To be fair, even in that one Railgun scene, Misaki was very memorable. A very colorful character to be sure.
Old 2013-09-11, 13:07   Link #1049
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
The arc is centered on Misaki's character afterall.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 13:47   Link #1050
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
But fail fact is how until she actually came out in the anime, fanarts of her were barely existent.... TwT;;
Old 2013-09-11, 14:53   Link #1051
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think Misaki's growth in popularity has multiple factors, that being her ongoing arc in Railgun, her appearance in episode 1 of Railgun S, and at the time, her appearance in TAMNI NT7. Seeing how all of that happened well within the timeframe of one another she got a fairly wide exposure to the TAMNI fandom at large.

Still, unless they keep consistently using her in the various media and developing her character, it's unlikely she'll overtake Mikoto in lasting popularity any time soon. Mikoto's had exposure from the start, tsundere attributes, an attraction to the main character, and is shown to be very capable of handling herself, and above all she's had time to grow on fans, more time than Misaki's had. So I think it'll be a while before Misaki is more popular than Mikoto, and only if Kamachi keeps using her like he has with Mikoto.
Old 2013-09-11, 15:19   Link #1052
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think Misaki's growth in popularity has multiple factors, that being her ongoing arc in Railgun, her appearance in episode 1 of Railgun S, and at the time, her appearance in TAMNI NT7. Seeing how all of that happened well within the timeframe of one another she got a fairly wide exposure to the TAMNI fandom at large.

Still, unless they keep consistently using her in the various media and developing her character, it's unlikely she'll overtake Mikoto in lasting popularity any time soon. Mikoto's had exposure from the start, tsundere attributes, an attraction to the main character, and is shown to be very capable of handling herself, and above all she's had time to grow on fans, more time than Misaki's had. So I think it'll be a while before Misaki is more popular than Mikoto, and only if Kamachi keeps using her like he has with Mikoto.
Yeah, considering majority of the doujinshi and fanarts that exists for Index/Railgun are all Mikoto XD
Old 2013-09-11, 16:54   Link #1053
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

She will grow more popular than she is atm but Misaki topping Mikoto? I don't see that ever happening. Eventually Misaki will fade back into the background when the story moves in another direction while Mikoto will always be front in center or may become "Tired" as fans want to see others with Mikoto. Especially if they grow restless again over not enough Touma with Mikoto.

That and even though Misaki has grown in popularity so has Mikoto especially with the rise of so much Misaki x Mikoto x Touma or Mikoto x Misaki running around now. So even as Misaki rises she's also helping Mikoto rise even higher by capitalizing on Misaki's new found popularity and adding it to her own through the fanbase including Mikoto along with Misaki and Touma and not just Misaki or Misaki and Touma only. That ad Mikoto is also receiving fan art and the such as well despite her being around for so long.

Misaki also is getting on the "new" tide, due to her anime exposure as well as her currently being in multiple places outside the anime, and her interactions with Mikoto also helped her become more popular to viewers as she's already being connected to the established and well popular Mikoto to the Anime fanbase now while offering a unique personality and rival to Mikoto thus ensuring she could always show up again.
Old 2013-09-11, 18:58   Link #1054
Miraluka
Banned

^Its because people growth tired of Mikoto almost inexistent relationship with Touma that Misaki hinted past him with skyrockets her more and more each time she appears to the point that it totally overshadowed her involvement with a new Level 6 project. Just read the threads and lots of speculation.
Old 2013-09-11, 19:40   Link #1055
Destined_Fate

They will come around when the series finally comes to an end. It's foolish of anyone to believe that Touma would get with anyone before the series was coming to an end as the shipping fanbase is extremely profitable if you know how to exploit it. Such as how jjust a few scenes and Touma x Misaki grew in popularity even if it's still far behind Mikoto x Touma as many have accepted already that if Touma would get with anyone it's most likely going to be Mikoto or even Index or he'll be forever alone.
Old 2013-09-11, 19:56   Link #1056
Miraluka
Banned

That's why fans wants more of Misaki. Just a few times appearing has been enough to cause the spamming of fanarts, ff and lots of doujin that is getting close to that of Mikoto.
Old 2013-09-11, 20:11   Link #1057
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If it's still like this a year from now I'll be impressed. Otherwise to me it's just looking like typical ensemble darkhorse behavior from fans; other shows have this one character that is instantly popular for a little while. Yurin L'Ciel of Gundam AGE and Silica of Sword Art Online come to mind, being really popular for a relatively short while despite very, very little screentime. And Misaki fits the same mold.
Old 2013-09-11, 20:12   Link #1058
Goldzero

its funny how not so long ago misakixmikoto was pretty popular but ever since there has been hints(and now a fact) that misaki knew kamijou from the past, this pairing "toumaxmisak"i has already grown very popular and it was the most made doujini pairing this year of raildex. fans have been incredibly excited with this new possible pairing and hope misaki character might be used to give us more information of kamijou past. i can see why misaki character grown popular very fast and it satisfies me how people love her.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 20:21   Link #1059
Miraluka
Banned

AFAIK Yurin died and became more of a memory than a character.

Silica? Was she popular?
Old 2013-09-11, 20:28   Link #1060
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
AFAIK Yurin died and became more of a memory than a character.

Silica? Was she popular?
Yurin had maybe 15 minutes of screentime total. Some circles raged long until the end of the show that she was a better character than Emily. It was debatable but my point is that there was a much greater interest than normal in a character with very little screentime. Misaki's about the same--very little screen time in only one episode, instantly popular from the get-go with lots of people, and you can bet your ass not all of them had read the novels or the manga to know how big a role she'll have. And alternatively they'll get hyped about her from people who ARE aware of the impact Misaki will have.

But all that still happened in the time frame of the episode's airing and a couple other factors. It's significant but it remains to be seen if her popularity will be as long-lasting as the much-more-present Mikoto.

As for Silica, if we're going by fanart as a measurement of popularity, she gets way more fanart than, say, Lizbeth.