2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-01-24, 06:26   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 06:29   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep, in Gundam, when an episode is named after a side-character’s name, that is a major death flag for the said character. But when the said character said “goodbye” in the preview, his/her death is pretty much guaranteed. That’s what happened to Fumitan. I guess her character is not as strong as Rosamia from Zeta who can avoid death in her first character-titled death-flag episode (but not the following). Anyway, RIP Fumitan. Your sacrifice will be remembered and hopefully won’t be in vain.

As for the plot itself, well it turns out just like what I predicted last episode. Gjallarhorn’s Regulatory Bureau set the Union up with the self-inflicting explosion and proceed to massacre the workers, Savarin can only watch in despair, and Tekkadan is forced to stay in the colony looking for Kudelia. Oh, and McMurdo from Tewaiz is pretty much cool with playing Gordon’s game like I said in episode 13 thread or so.

Now the media pretty much have the proof of Kudelia’s involvement with the uprising and I think that’s gonna effect the meeting she’s supposed to attend, unless the old man who invited her approves of “what she’s done” in the Dort colonies.

Notes:
  • Next episode: Mecha fights! Oh boy I love it how this show did not force a mecha fight into the story. Instead, they appear naturally now that Tekkadan can go back to Isaribi and tried to escape from Gjallarhorn.
  • Now, I wonder, do Naze & the Turbine knew about McMurdo’s intent to allied himself (and his Teiwaz) with Gordon? I can’t wait for it to be revealed, but I guess we need to have mecha fight first.
  • Is the girl in the book’s illustration supposed to be Jean d’Arc? I don’t think so, but it’s possible.
Old 2016-01-24, 06:39   Link #3
Tenzen12

I don't have to look into it see this episode was written by Okada, especially Fumitans death was heavy handed as hell, despite of that it managed deliver and I enjoyed it a quite lot.

PS: If this episode actually wasn't written by Okada, please pretend I didn't tried make myself look smart...
Old 2016-01-24, 06:44   Link #4
ReddyRedWolf

History of Evolution shows Jean D'Arc as leader of a revolution... I know this could be far into the future after some dark ages but that is mixed up.

Who is playing who? Gjallarhorn? Gordon Nobliss? Teiwaz? Guy in the weird mask?

All this to maintain or change status quo... For better or worse.

And Kudelia Aina Bernstein right smack dab in the middle of it. Can she find the strength to change the course of history without falling prey to these devils?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 06:47   Link #5
B214

I guess this means war for them now. But still Gjallarhorn's action was kinda predictable from the start and Fumitan finally dies, no surprise there. Aside from the minor details i think most of the major events wasn't really unexpected at all.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 06:50   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
History of Evolution shows Jean D'Arc as leader of a revolution... I know this could be far into the future after some dark ages but that is mixed up.
The book is titled "History of Revolution", not Evolution. Just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
and Fumitan finally dies, no surprise there.
Many people (me included) already thought Fumitan being "fishy" as early as her "survival" scene in episode 01. Also they predicted Fumitan being a spy after a weird glance that she gave in episode 05/06. And then her death-chance rose exponentially after Kudelia gave her that necklace. And her deal was sealed after the preview in last episode. So yeah, we already saw it coming from a mile away. In fact, we kinda expect it .
Old 2016-01-24, 07:04   Link #7
FerrusManus

Boy, that was brutal. I bet the A-LAWS did similiar things in Gundam 00.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 07:12   Link #8
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Many people (me included) already thought Fumitan being "fishy" as early as her "survival" scene in episode 01. Also they predicted Fumitan being a spy after a weird glance that she gave in episode 05/06. And then her death-chance rose exponentially after Kudelia gave her that necklace. And her deal was sealed after the preview in last episode. So yeah, we already saw it coming from a mile away. In fact, we kinda expect it .
True, while i know i shouldn't i was actually laughing when i saw her dying cause it's like you said expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
Evil/corrupt organization SOP as one can say.
Old 2016-01-24, 07:21   Link #9
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
Take that back a bit further to the Titans plx, they're the OG guys in the trade of suppression and "peacekeeping"

And that girl is definitely Jean ppl, how many other well known historical female revolutionist leaders do you know? Even if you DO know of others, Jean is the first one to spring to mind. Reinforced further by her holding a sword as she usually is in romanticized depictions

Also this is an episode where DuelGundam's usual complaints will hold true, You can cut/shorten most things and literally nothing much changes, thats a first

NEXT WEEK: Gundam Barbatos Vs Gundam Kimaris!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Gundam Gusion Rebake too!!!
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 07:25   Link #10
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
True, while i know i shouldn't i was actually laughing when i saw her dying cause it's like you said expected.
Doesn't mean that it's bad though. I mean, people can see King Kong's death from a mile away after he was brought to NY but his death is still a good scene. In fact, I like how IBO gave us small hints about Fumitan throughout the series which then culminated in her reveal and death scene instead of dropping the bomb that she is a spy outta nowhere.

Oh, and for all IBO-fans. Since this show is nominated as one of the “Best On-going Series” in Animesuki Choice Awards, please vote for it if you really like it. Even if you want to vote for other show, I still encourage you to participate coz the merrier is really the better in this case. So far, there’s only two-pages worth of people voting. We could use some more voters. Let us all help to keep this community/forum active, alive and well. But the most important of them all: let’s all have fun participating in the awards.
Old 2016-01-24, 07:34   Link #11
Gundamx

If only she had just half of Kira surviving luck skill points......
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 07:35   Link #12
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Gotta say, that was a cruel way for Fumitan to die right after Gjallarhorn planned this massacre on those union workers!

Speaking of Kudelia, I feel that she's now at greater risk now that Nobliss and Teiwaz joined forces to snuff her out to spark a greater revolution (which would not work) apart from Gjallarhorn.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 07:39   Link #13
Key Board
Carbon

Mikazuki's an interesting take on Gundam's child soldier protagonists..

There's actually a lot of emotion stirring about in him.. both anger and kindness.. Interesting, surprisingly human.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 07:41   Link #14
Tenzen12

Well, that depends what McMurdos proposal is. It's entirely possible both he and Nobillis might profit if she is alive a bit longer if they played it right.
Old 2016-01-24, 07:42   Link #15
Skye629

Oh another thing I forgot:

Mika, you could have AT LEAST Princess carried Kudelia, because you know, slinging her over your shoulder like a sack isn't winning you any points
Old 2016-01-24, 07:43   Link #16
Key Board
Carbon

it's winning points for me. It's just so.. Mika
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 07:43   Link #17
justpassingby

Even Yaraon mentioned how laughable it was for Kudelia to survive that massacre.
Well, it was laughable when the media did not recognize her but the worker girl did (but the workers from the previos episodes did not)

I guess being the main character has the benefit of a plot armor. Let's see if Kudelia has the same amount as Asshime.
Old 2016-01-24, 07:45   Link #18
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Mika, you could have AT LEAST Princess carried Kudelia, because you know, slinging her over your shoulder like a sack isn't winning you any points
Well, it’s very possible that Mika only know how to carry a person that way. Also, Mika didn’t want to win any points, he just wanted to get the hell outta there ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Even Yaraon mentioned how laughable it was for Kudelia to survive that massacre.
Didn't the worker-girl brought her to safe place after the explosion but before the massacre took place? And she wasn't seen anywhere when the massacre is on-going? What so unbelievable about her not getting massacred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Well, it was laughable when the media did not recognize her but the worker girl did (but the workers from the previos episodes did not)
That I agree with you (unless that worker knows some underground info or maybe just guessing after he saw her fabulous hair ). I also complained about that in the previous episode about G-soldiers not knowing the face of Kudelia.
Old 2016-01-24, 07:52   Link #19
B214

Quote:
Doesn't mean that it's bad though. I mean, people can see King Kong's death from a mile away after he was brought to NY but his death is still a good scene. In fact, I like how IBO gave us small hints about Fumitan throughout the series which then culminated in her reveal and death scene instead of dropping the bomb that she is a spy outta nowhere.
Agreed they did good on hinting her allegiance from the start, i kinda dislike those last minute bombshell that is done just for the sake of moving the plot or for the sake of dropping a bombshell only.

Quote:
That I agree with you. I also complained about that in the previous episode about G-soldiers not knowing the face of Kudelia.
Maybe they don't have news reporters on Mars.
Old 2016-01-24, 07:56   Link #20
Skye629

Quote:
Agreed they did good on hinting her allegiance from the start, i kinda dislike those last minute bombshell that is done just for the sake of moving the plot or for the sake of dropping a bombshell only.

Maybe they don't have news reporters on Mars.
Im pretty darn sure the first episode showed news report footage on the protests on Mars