Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-02, 15:28   Link #1
Keit
타.파.피.카

"Feel Good" Anime

Hello, I recently watched GTO Live Action, and it was a anime that made me feel good when I watched it. Do you know any animes that make you feel good everytime you watch it?
Old 2004-04-02, 16:38   Link #2
KojiroHyuga

GTO live action is not really an anime or maybe iam wrong

i had the same feeling with the GTO anime (43 episodes) liked it very much, made me laugh and i enjoyed it really . but the live action was not as gooad as the anime ...

other animes that made me feel good were Naruto, very funny ... hm maybe Gokusen ,k it has the same background as GTO .. there is a women , she in a yakuza family and she wants to become a teacher .. i like it .. maybe you try out ^^
Old 2004-04-02, 17:40   Link #3
Keit
타.파.피.카

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiroHyuga
GTO live action is not really an anime or maybe iam wrong

i had the same feeling with the GTO anime (43 episodes) liked it very much, made me laugh and i enjoyed it really . but the live action was not as gooad as the anime ...

other animes that made me feel good were Naruto, very funny ... hm maybe Gokusen ,k it has the same background as GTO .. there is a women , she in a yakuza family and she wants to become a teacher .. i like it .. maybe you try out ^^
Maybe it aint a anime, but it made me feel good anyway

In Gokusen I dont like the looks of the main character in the picture in animenfo.com
Old 2004-04-03, 00:41   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Anime that makes you feel good, there are some:

- Rumic theater - this series done by Takahasi Rumiko, the creator of Ranma and Maison Ikoku. good stuffs. ^^
- One Piece - this is a good series, interesting story, heart inspiring and memorable characters. I recomend to watch this one. ^^
- Touch - about a relationship of two brothers and a girl. A touching story about brotherly love.

Also I was going to recomend Hajime no Ippo, really inspiring series about a boy dream to be a boxer. But this series is licensed and it should be out on DvD soon. The character design is old school and not look too pretty, but the story is good and you get drawn in and at one point you might actually cheer when they make a good punch.
Old 2004-04-03, 00:56   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I guess the answer to this question will be really different for everyone. I know for me personally Onegai Twins (fansub) and Ai Yori Aoshi (DVD) were really fun "feel good" animes - enough seriousness to keep things interesting, but enough comedy to keep you laughing. As I said, though, to a certain extent, it'll probably be different for everyone.
Old 2004-04-03, 01:50   Link #6
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu? This anime will make you smile whenever you think about it.
Azumanga Daioh [licensed]. Not as side-splitting hilarious as FMP: Fumoffu, but very amusing and honest.
Old 2004-04-03, 02:54   Link #7
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Slam Dunk!

Feel good... I'd suggest that you hit up most Sports-based anime. The first to see is of course the immortal and legendary Slam Dunk--It is said that you are not Asian if you don't know the OP Theme of said series by heart

Of course if you have the money, time, and/or the language skill, I suggest that you pick up the Manga series. The animated series of Slam Dunk was cut short (like most Mangas animated) and since I read the entire 40~ vol. Manga series 7-8 years ago through the Taiwanese (Chinese for the Language, if you are wandering) License, I'm naturally inclined to say that in this Franchise, Manga > Anime.

But the anime is just as nice . The game rules may be horribly outdated, but it was never about that. It was one of those series' .

Ah... this takes me back....
Old 2004-04-03, 08:41   Link #8
7thMethuselah

try Stellvia of the Universe : It's a science fiction feel-good anime since it has a very very positive attitude towards humam behaviour. instead of humans cheating, decieving each other, most of the time they're helping each other out towards a common goal, or engage in friendly competition. Compare this to the "each to his own" aspect we get in almost any anime/book/movie/manga... it's very refreshing and fun to see. Leaves you with (a little) hope that fundamental human behaviour ain't so bad afterall.
Old 2004-04-03, 13:02   Link #9
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
i only thought it was ok it didnt hold my interest throughout... but i suppose it was worth watching.
Old 2004-04-03, 13:08   Link #10
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I like the scene in Stellvia when they were doing the ceremonial welcoming party and burst all their ships out to welcome the new student. I tought to my self, "woah, I want to go study there!!"

That was such a memorable scene. ^^
Old 2004-04-03, 15:27   Link #11
perth

definatly watch NaruTaru it is the best feel good anime out there

oh wait no it aint i suggest that you don't watch it
Old 2004-04-04, 16:12   Link #12
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Read or Die TV, Full Metal Panic, Angelic Layer. These have moments that are very suspenseful, even when rewatching but end on a (relatively) positive note.
Old 2004-04-04, 18:38   Link #13
Weirdanzeige
Anti-You

Quote:
Originally Posted by perth
definatly watch NaruTaru it is the best feel good anime out there

oh wait no it aint i suggest that you don't watch it
why not? I like how you know...you're just sitting there watching thinking "ohhh noo, this is one of those kiddie like animes"...but then you get to when the girls all cutting herself and when they kill that guy and you start thinking..."sweet!!!"
Old 2004-04-04, 18:38   Link #14
Cruzz
Europeon

Full Metal Panic!? Fumoffu
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magikarte
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
Old 2004-04-06, 10:37   Link #15
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Watch Evangelion, it will make you feel all warm and cuddly inside.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-06, 11:25   Link #16
luniz

Fruits Basket
Hikaru No Go
Old 2004-04-06, 11:44   Link #17
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by luniz
Fruits Basket
Hikaru No Go
Guess I'm alone on the Evangelion thing :P
Old 2004-04-06, 15:56   Link #18
luniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrz
Guess I'm alone on the Evangelion thing :P
I felt more angry and bewildered than warm and fuzzy, that's for sure.
Closed Thread