AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-20, 08:46   Link #1
night_sentinel

Rwby

Hopefully this is the right section to post this. If not you guys can punt it to whatever section its supposed to be.

RWBY is a web animation produced by Rooster Teeth. It has four main characters color coded for our convenience in the persona of Ruby(Red), Weiss(White), Blake(Black) and Yang(Yellow).

It also has a killer soundtrack and amazing fight scenes. But, don't take my word for it watch the trailers.

RED Trailer

WHITE Trailer

BLACK Trailer

YELLOW Trailer

Episode 1 is also up now.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=7872

Many of the characters are also inspired by fairy tales motiffs. I had a lot of fun guessing who they are based.

Ruby - She's obviously Red Riding Hood. With the red riding hood and the wolves in the trailer. But, I also feel that there is something of Maka from Soul Eater in her as well with the badass scythe in all.

Weiss - She's Snow white. No seriously her full name is "Weiss Schnee" She even has the lyrics of Mirror, mirror who is the loneliest of them all in her trailer. I have a feeling she's going to be our ojou-sama character.

Blake - Actually this time, I have no clue who she is based.

Yellow - She is based on Goldilocks. She even have the bear in her trailer and her opponent name is "Junior." ^^

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-07-20 at 12:13.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 09:38   Link #2
Shadow5YA

I can't say I really care for the voice and dialogue. Great animation and fight choreography from montyoum as usual... though he does have a habit of making all his characters either overpowered or complete fodder. They can either tank everything like Superman or they fall like ragdolls with little middle ground
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 09:39   Link #3
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
RWBY isn't an anime. This might get moved to fan creations (what Roosterteeth is) or general chat.

But anyway, I've seen the first episode. And after all the hype from four trailers I'm proud to say this series is off to a strong start. The fight scenes and the day-to-day moments didn't clash so this show is identifiable as RWBY regardless of what it's doing. My only concern was the fight scene at the end degrading into I'll stand still and use projectiles and superpowers. Hopefully Right Trigger RT can keep up their reputation for animating fights (ala recent seasons of Red VS Blue Blue VS Red), especially for a show advertised as an action series; the day-to-day alone wouldn't be enough to carry this.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 09:49   Link #4
night_sentinel

Sorry about that. I really have no idea what's the distinction between anime nowadays.

I'm actually interested in the setting. It feels like they're going to be doing something like SeeD from FFVIII. As for the voice, I think they did good with Ruby in the first episode. The soundtrack is going to be my favorite part though.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 09:59   Link #5
Nayim

You can say this kinda look like Avatar and Teen Titans's animation style.
Old 2013-07-20, 10:37   Link #6
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I loved it! Can't wait to see more

And I think Blake is supposed to be based on Beauty and the Beast.
Old 2013-07-20, 11:33   Link #7
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

If Weiss is as serious as she appears to be in the trailer, she'll be my favourite character out of the four. Though, I hope she doesn't act up as much as what her voice actress said about her on the wiki.

Anyway, two scenes which I liked enough edit into (avatar safe) gifs. There was one more but the floor became too grainy during conversion.

Crop before scale
Just scaling
New shooting animation for Ruby when looping, lol. If only the stick wasn't there.
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 11:34   Link #8
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

reminds me of black rock shooter in a way.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 11:39   Link #9
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
RWBY isn't an anime. This might get moved to fan creations (what Roosterteeth is) or general chat.
Actually it is.

Sources:
RWBY (pronounced "Ruby") is an original American anime-style web-series created by Rooster Teeth Productions' animation studio. (From Wikipedia)

"If there’s one thing Monty Oum wants his audience to know, it’s that RWBY is anime." (FEATURE: Inside Rooster Teeth's "RWBY")

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Sorry about that. I really have no idea what's the distinction between anime nowadays.

I'm actually interested in the setting. It feels like they're going to be doing something like SeeD from FFVIII. As for the voice, I think they did good with Ruby in the first episode. The soundtrack is going to be my favorite part though.
No worries since you did got it right. To be honest, i wanted to create a thread about RWBY until you made it already.

I'm impress after watching the 1st episode and have read there will be 16 episodes for the 1st season which run until November.

Also, here's a TVTropes page.

And RWBY has a nice OP.

Old 2013-07-20, 13:50   Link #10
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Actually it is.

Sources:
RWBY (pronounced "Ruby") is an original American anime-style web-series created by Rooster Teeth Productions' animation studio. (From Wikipedia)

"If there’s one thing Monty Oum wants his audience to know, it’s that RWBY is anime." (FEATURE: Inside Rooster Teeth's "RWBY")
Word of God does not a type of show make. American anime is an oxymoron. Art style doesn't make a show either, or Panty and Stocking would not be anime.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 17:02   Link #11
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Episode 1 was...interesting, to say the least. It's very different from the trailers but that was to be expected, Monty and others told multiple times that it wont just be action related, there will be story and drama etc. It concentrates a lot on Ruby this first episode and gives a fascinating introduction to the world of RWBY. We're introduced to a few new characters, one looking like a main antagonist of this series and his voice acting was good as well as his dialogue which I enjoyed listening too. Ruby's voice wasn't as bad as what I first thought of it back in Yellow's trailer which is good to know. What little action there was, was impressive.

The opening credits were really good, I liked both the audio and the visual aspects of it.

As a whole, I expected a little more from the first episode. From what the trailers gave off, I expected more of a natural environment but it started in a city with some henchman instead, I'm guessing it was taking off where Yellow's trailer left though. Nonetheless, still a good first episode that I enjoy and I look forward to next Thursday for episode 2 Smile

Red is still my favourite <3
Old 2013-07-20, 17:20   Link #12
Nayim

Okay.......

It seem this thread move into current series and yet I kinda surprise this is first and only web animation in Animesuki ?
Old 2013-07-20, 17:36   Link #13
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

me I love this serie I love Yang <3
Old 2013-07-20, 23:19   Link #14
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Okay.......

It seem this thread move into current series and yet I kinda surprise this is first and only web animation in Animesuki ?
It's made in Texas, USA. I'm surprised that this is considered "anime".
Old 2013-07-21, 00:11   Link #15
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I'm intrigued how this project will do in the long run. Did they mention how many episodes are planned?
Old 2013-07-21, 01:32   Link #16
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's made in Texas, USA. I'm surprised that this is considered "anime".
true +1

japanese style for charactere ok but is not a anime because is not product in Japan...
Old 2013-07-21, 02:00   Link #17
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I'm intrigued how this project will do in the long run. Did they mention how many episodes are planned?
16 episodes. The 1st season will be released on DVD this November.
Old 2013-07-21, 02:03   Link #18
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
true +1

japanese style for charactere ok but is not a anime because is not product in Japan...
I wouldn't call the characters that much Japanese style. Really it looks like stuff from Avatar: The Legend of Korra except Avatar: TLGK looks better. Besides the actions that the characters do and the dialogue are Western.

It's like they went for the anime label to try to get more people to watch the videos.
Old 2013-07-21, 02:07   Link #19
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I wouldn't call the characters that much Japanese style. Really it looks like stuff from Avatar: Legend of Korra. Besides the actions that the characters do and the dialogue are Western.

It's like they went for the anime label to try to get more people to watch the videos.
We will say that the style is similar to the Japanese style for the character (big eyes, not possible hairstyle ect ect)

and yes it is style for attracted fan of Japanese anime, of course with its 3D animation will not attracted everyone because there will be some who will not like this 3D for this series
Old 2013-07-21, 02:11   Link #20
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
We will say that the style is similar to the Japanese style for the character (big eyes, not possible hairstyle ect ect)

and yes it is style for attracted fan of Japanese anime, of course with its 3D animation will not attracted everyone because there will be some who will not like this 3D for this series
Well the eyes are a Western version. It's not "normal anime" eyes. Hairstyle is just similar to what's in video games. Those anime trailers are just like what you'd see in a video game demo. You can definitely tell from Red and Yellow's weapon designs that they were inspired by Black Rock Shooter.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby