AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-18, 08:04   Link #81
EroKing
Version Nightmare

Episode 7

Old 2022-05-18, 09:04   Link #82
Frontier

Ard and Ireena are "patrolling" the festival, although it's more like a festival date than them actually doing their jobs, despite Ard's protestations to the contrary .

When you find out one of your top four generals has a thing for potatoes and apprenticed under a cook to learn how to make French Fries .

Why am I not surprised that Olivia would force Ard to participate in a swordfighting contest so she could fight him and truly test his mettle in his new life? Because she definitely knows he's Varvatos at this point .

"Erotic maid cafe?" What happened to the skimpy maid outfits? They're just normal maid outfit! Which, yes, are still sexy but I feel like they set my expectations too high. I guess the school wouldn't sign off on Ginny's uniform idea .

I love how every maid in the cafe wants to personally serve Ard (and get into his pants) other than Sylphy who is just trying to do the job even if she has to attack a groper (and she almost killed a dude earlier). Of course Ireena won't let Ginny get her way because only she can serve Ard, complete with her own maid costume !

All Ginny needs is some positive reinforcement from her Ard-kun and she can win this .

I love how Olivia's opponent just ups and surrenders because he knows he's screwed otherwise .

Ginny basically bails on her maid cafe so she can enter a popularity contest with Ard, girl wastes no time, and of course she wins it. Ginny has come a long way since her debut and is starting to realize how many people like her! But all the attention she wants is from her beloved Ard .

Wow, Elrado...sure let himself go. And he's also much more self-reflective and aware of how he screwed up with Ginny, even if he hasn't quite worked up the courage to bow his head and apologize to her. But it seems like he's planning to do it, so good for him .

Ard vs. Olivia! Ard can't go easy on Olivia, who isn't holding back against her little brother Varvatos, to the point where he has to send her flying with a barrier that makes them both lose .

Ireena vs. Ginny, round 2! And, of course, their fight devolves into them basically bickering over Ard and who gets to be with him, but Ireena actually manages to win .

Of course it's still all fun and games up until Lars Al Ghoul remarks that things aren't going according to plan...which is why he'll have to intervene to make sure they do .
Old 2022-05-18, 17:28   Link #83
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"Erotic maid cafe?" What happened to the skimpy maid outfits? They're just normal maid outfit! Which, yes, are still sexy but I feel like they set my expectations too high. I guess the school wouldn't sign off on Ginny's uniform idea .
Maybe the "skimpy maid outfits" would be used in the Blu-ray version?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-18, 19:56   Link #84
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Maybe the "skimpy maid outfits" would be used in the Blu-ray version?
Considering they toned down the girls' evening wear in a prior episode, I'm guessing they also toned down the fanservice here.

Spoiler:
Old 2022-05-19, 01:11   Link #85
Lex79

Well I wasn't expecting Eraldo to be something more than a monodimensional oneshot villain and have some actual character development instead.
Old 2022-05-19, 23:43   Link #86
leongsh
Daijoubu!

This episode confirms that Olivia knows he is the reincarnated Varvatos. She just wants him to admit it to her. Other than that, the rest of the episode was just ho-hum to me. It is sliding towards boring and tedious.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 11:59   Link #87
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Well I wasn't expecting Eraldo to be something more than a monodimensional oneshot villain and have some actual character development instead.
Surprised me too. He's starting to look like my current favorite Isekai hero (I still hope Slow will get his own anime soon).
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 13:36   Link #88
stray
Classic Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Surprised me too. He's starting to look like my current favorite Isekai hero (I still hope Slow will get his own anime soon).
You and that Piggy Duke... I got around to giving the manga a chance and it sort of bothered me how into the maid he was after supposedly being isekai'ed.
Quote:
Considering they toned down the girls' evening wear in a prior episode, I'm guessing they also toned down the fanservice here.
In the manga Ireena was naked on the altar (before being sacrificed) as well.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 15:48   Link #89
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
In the manga Ireena was naked on the altar (before being sacrificed) as well.
I wonder if there's any reason to downplay the fanservice in this kind of show.

Not that it necesarilly needs it (I don't even think Misfit had that much overt fanservice) but for the kind of audience this is aiming for, you'd think they'd keep as much of it as possible unless they feel like more people will give it a chance if it's not as overtly fanservice-y compared to other shows (even if there's still that element there).

What gets me though is when it doesn't even make sense from a plot standpoint when they show everyone agreeing to the skimpy maid costumes and then...don't even have skimpy maid costumes with no explanation .
Old 2022-05-20, 16:59   Link #90
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
I wonder if there's any reason to downplay the fanservice in this kind of show.

Not that it necesarilly needs it (I don't even think Misfit had that much overt fanservice) but for the kind of audience this is aiming for, you'd think they'd keep as much of it as possible unless they feel like more people will give it a chance if it's not as overtly fanservice-y compared to other shows (even if there's still that element there).

What gets me though is when it doesn't even make sense from a plot standpoint when they show everyone agreeing to the skimpy maid costumes and then...don't even have skimpy maid costumes with no explanation .
Perhaps the anime people just thought the fanservice in the LN was too tasteless.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 17:13   Link #91
stray
Classic Tsundere

Its got a pretty early timeslot I think? I don't think anything would really need to be censored though...

Its odd because its a mediocre show that's not exactly better off for the lack of ecchi. Maybe China is taking to it but its got 6.5 on MAL and I can't imagine its doing better in Japan. Its been decent mindless fun up until now but I'm losing interest rather quickly myself.
Old 2022-05-20, 20:40   Link #92
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Perhaps the anime people just thought the fanservice in the LN was too tasteless.
I dunno, I feel like it would be pretty on-point for the kind of series it is. I wouldn't call it "tasteful" when one of the Heroines is literally an aggressive succubus .
Old 2022-05-25, 09:02   Link #93
Frontier

It's time for the play of the school festival, and of course Ard is playing himself as Varvatos, but we've also got Sylphy playing the bad guy (which honestly works surprisingly well) and Ireena in Lydia's armor with the mini-skirt and exposed boobs which she wears phenomenally .

That was a nice flashback with Varvatos and Sylphy. Sylphy just wanted to help out her big sis, who was stern and resistant towards her, but Var was able to help her realize that it was because she cares and give her a pep talk that led to her helping turn the tide of the battle in their favor. Even if it also led to the traps she used hitting them too, so she kind of earned that punch, but it's the thought and the outcome that counts. Also nice and sentimental Lydia is kind of surreal to see at this point .

Oh, so Koyasu was actually there with them? He was the long-haired mage who was one the friendly fires of Sylphy's explosion trap ?

I love how Ginny thinks everything is part of her Harem plan so she assumes every girl is going to fall for him. Although rather than a confession, we get attempted murder instead .

Sylphy was actually starting to get fooled into thinking Ard wasn't Varvatos? Man, she really is dumb .

So Sylphy was half-brainwashed, half-turned against Ard when Koyasu's character shows her what happened to Lydia (without the proper context) and she's left thinking Varvatos killed Lydia. Which is enough to get her to dual-wield her sword and Lydia's sword against Varvatos and go on a rampage, while also wearing Lydia's armor. She really likes wearing her big sis' clothes .

I knew Ard wasn't actually down and out, he just needed an excuse to slip out and change into Varvatos, but it's Lydia's spirit that manages to get through to Sylphy and save her .

This guy was really biting off more than he could chew thinking he could take on Ard in a swordfight and with a sword that wasn't even really his, and Ard makes quick work of him .
Old 2022-05-26, 04:05   Link #94
Lex79

So the spirit inside the sword is actually Lydia's and not simply a copy made in her image. We still don't know how she died but looks like it wasn't directly Varvatos' fault.
Now that Silphy's grudge has been cleared I guess it's time for her to officially enter the harem.
Old 2022-06-01, 09:04   Link #95
Frontier

Time for a medieval fantasy school trip! And on the way there by carriage, Ireena keeps beating poor Ginny and cards. Does even Elzard deserve to have Ginny stomp on her card so furiously ?

And just when you think this is going to be a fun school trip episode, "God" picks up our main trio and tells them that the Demon Lord (AKA Ard) is going to have to have a climactic battle with some other being and transports them to the past. Kind of random, but okay .

I don't know what's better, two girls landing right on top of you or two girls competing in shoving their boobs into your body .

Sexy furry-eared ninja girl outfits! Olivia and her subordinate looked divine! Also look at that blush from ninja girl! Looks like she really looks up to big sis Olivia .

So is this going to turn out to be a stable time-loop where the trio were there in the past the whole time and now Olivia and Sylphie will remember it? Or will they all forget when they go back to the present-day ?

Ard and the girls get roped into joining Varvatos' army and he thinks the safest option is for them to join Verda's science and logistics unit...for a given definition of safety when she literally blows her lab up in front of them (and quickly repairs it in short order). The illustrations depict Verda as a busty, serious, science type, but in reality she's much more of a ditzy, energetic, mad scientist loli who is all over the place. They also definitely exaggerated her bust size, although I feel like that kind of shifted depending on the shot .

It must be pretty surreal for the girls to have this strong image of the Champion Lydia only to see how much of a crass, aggressive, and loud woman she actually was. And that's before she starts hitting on them. I thought despite everything she and Varvatos were still lovers, but it seems like Lydia is attracted to the ladies, the cuter and bustier the better. And then she cops a good feel on poor Ginny's butt .

Ard and Lydia clash and Ard can still hold his own against her, although she fights dirty too. Ard may be a little annoyed but it seems like deep down he enjoys fighting with Lydia again and the two bond over their equal power (which I imagine is the same for Lydia and Varvatos) and it seems like he's really touched to see Lydia again and to be needed by her. Also, cross-counter !
Old 2022-06-01, 12:13   Link #96
stray
Classic Tsundere

Oooh a time travel arc. That was more interesting than I expected, and Lydia was more of a character than I expected.
Old 2022-06-01, 13:30   Link #97
Lex79

Wasn't expecting the time travel...maybe it's to finally learn what happened in the past to Varvatos and Lydia.
Old 2022-06-01, 19:19   Link #98
Alchemist007
*Author

Could go somewhere interesting now...
Old 2022-06-03, 05:58   Link #99
Tenzen12

Quote:

It must be pretty surreal for the girls to have this strong image of the Champion Lydia only to see how much of a crass, aggressive, and loud woman she actually was. And that's before she starts hitting on them. I thought despite everything she and Varvatos were still lovers, but it seems like Lydia is attracted to the ladies, the cuter and bustier the better. And then she cops a good feel on poor Ginny's butt .

Ard and Lydia clash and Ard can still hold his own against her, although she fights dirty too. Ard may be a little annoyed but it seems like deep down he enjoys fighting with Lydia again and the two bond over their equal power (which I imagine is the same for Lydia and Varvatos) and it seems like he's really touched to see Lydia again and to be needed by her. Also, cross-counter !

I do think their relationship was only platonic, but Lydia being into cute girls doesn't really prove she and Varvatos didn't have any BST going on. We just know she's not exactly straight.

Either way I really wonder what author trying to do here. I know that Lydia is supposed be death and that Ireena is her reincarnation of sort or descendant which makes her main heroine. But why even bother, when she is downgrade in every way? (I don't think it conundrom would disappeare even if she was pure lesbian mind you).
Old 2022-06-03, 14:50   Link #100
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I do think their relationship was only platonic, but Lydia being into cute girls doesn't really prove she and Varvatos didn't have any BST going on. We just know she's not exactly straight.

Either way I really wonder what author trying to do here. I know that Lydia is supposed be death and that Ireena is her reincarnation of sort or descendant which makes her main heroine. But why even bother, when she is downgrade in every way? (I don't think it conundrom would disappeare even if she was pure lesbian mind you).
I wonder if they'll finally confirm Ireena's relationship to Lydia in this arc...