AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 4 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-04-02, 22:18   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 15:43   Link #2
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Of all the spin-offs there are, why not "A certain scientific Mental Out"?

(Though if I had to pick, I'd still prefer "Great Detective Kongo".)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 16:29   Link #3
Tenzen12

Personally I would prefer watch adventures of Kanzaki and Jeans shop owner, but Mental Out could be fun too, especially if it started before main story and cover that flashback...
Old 2020-04-03, 16:59   Link #4
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Personally I would prefer watch adventures of Kanzaki and Jeans shop owner, but Mental Out could be fun too, especially if it started before main story and cover that flashback...
THAT is the only thing worth paying attention to and it would add a lot to things. This really hasn't been a great season at all

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 17:02   Link #5
Wandering Soul

"A Certain Scientific Mental Out"?

Didn't realize Kamachi was using the anime to advertise another Index spin-off?
Old 2020-04-03, 19:32   Link #6
Frontier

Misaki seemed to become physically strained when she used Exterior to part all the cars, so it seems like she does have some limits .

Mi-chan was totally Kozaku, right? Dolly even had the liquid that Kozaku's powers needs. Is that why Kozaku is doing this? To get revenge on Academy City for what they did to Dolly ?

So young Misaki ends up pretending to be Dolly's Mi-chan only to find herself becoming genuine friends with Dolly in-spite of herself, possibly the only friend Misaki ever allowed herself to have and one of the few people she cared about. Just to add to the genuineness, Dolly figured out Misaki wasn't really Mi-chan and still acted like friends to her, leading Misaki to tell Dolly Misaki's real name in the end .

I thought it was noticeable that she put in all that effort to dunk the bottle in front of Dolly when modern Misaki probably would have just zapped Dolly into thinking she did it in one long throw .

So Dolly dies and there's nothing Misaki could do about it, and it was all part of the kind of twisted experiments Academy City propagates. At least Misaki was able to get some revenge by using her powers to completely pull the rug out from under those doctors and take over the operation .

Last Order and Accelerator cameos! Although not under the best of circumstances .

Mikoto is "Aleister's favorite?" I never knew that .

So the real plot was to corrupt the Sisters Network and upgrade Mikoto into a being capable of becoming Level 6? As powerful as she is, I'm terrified of what she might be capable of as an uncontrollable monster .

"A Certain Scientific Mental Out?" I dunno, I'd probably watch it. Misaki trolling and controlling people as she merrily gallivants around Academy City? Could be fun .
Old 2020-04-03, 21:04   Link #7
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
That's obviously a lie. She's just a pebble among the pebbles. She's not a rock like the rank 1 and a thorny rock like rank 2. a pebble among a pebble. a footnote among footnote for the director. if you ask the director about her, he would remember her as the donor of the dna for the network and rank 3.
Old 2020-04-03, 21:09   Link #8
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hey, maybe she's her favorite pebble. We all have one right?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 21:11   Link #9
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Of all the spin-offs there are, why not "A certain scientific Mental Out"?
They made a manga for her, but even that just has her as a background character for the most part. It generally focuses on her right-hand girl; the one who likes Getoka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
That's obviously a lie. She's just a pebble among the pebbles. She's not a rock like the rank 1 and a thorny rock like rank 2. a pebble among a pebble. a footnote among footnote for the director. if you ask the director about her, he would remember her as the donor of the dna for the network and rank 3.
You don't have to be the best to be the favorite. She enabled a myriad of experiments, and she helps move Touma to the right places at times. Though I do agree he probably values Accerator and Touma more than her.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 23:47   Link #10
Side-streetdog

Quote:
Misaki seemed to become physically strained when she used Exterior to part all the cars, so it seems like she does have some limits .

Mi-chan was totally Kozaku, right? Dolly even had the liquid that Kozaku's powers needs. Is that why Kozaku is doing this? To get revenge on Academy City for what they did to Dolly ?

So young Misaki ends up pretending to be Dolly's Mi-chan only to find herself becoming genuine friends with Dolly in-spite of herself, possibly the only friend Misaki ever allowed herself to have and one of the few people she cared about. Just to add to the genuineness, Dolly figured out Misaki wasn't really Mi-chan and still acted like friends to her, leading Misaki to tell Dolly Misaki's real name in the end .

I thought it was noticeable that she put in all that effort to dunk the bottle in front of Dolly when modern Misaki probably would have just zapped Dolly into thinking she did it in one long throw .

So Dolly dies and there's nothing Misaki could do about it, and it was all part of the kind of twisted experiments Academy City propagates. At least Misaki was able to get some revenge by using her powers to completely pull the rug out from under those doctors and take over the operation .

Last Order and Accelerator cameos! Although not under the best of circumstances .

So the real plot was to corrupt the Sisters Network and upgrade Mikoto into a being capable of becoming Level 6? As powerful as she is, I'm terrified of what she might be capable of as an uncontrollable monster .

"A Certain Scientific Mental Out?" I dunno, I'd probably watch it. Misaki trolling and controlling people as she merrily gallivants around Academy City? Could be fun .
Some questions you should get answer before this arc end

"Aleister's favorite?" Likely Gensei got mistaken as Misaka got free after destroyed "Level-6 Shift" experiment, I doubt any normal people would notice "A certain level 0" if there a level 5 in the picture

"A Certain Scientific Mental Out?" I was wished about it too, but it would be hard to make a story interesting in long term with all Mental Out skills set
Astral Buddy already done great enough
Old 2020-04-04, 01:27   Link #11
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Rather than him telling a lie, I'd say Gensei is just outright mistaken and under the impression the Misaka is his favorite.
Old 2020-04-04, 01:30   Link #12
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Hey, maybe she's her favorite pebble. We all have one right?
Her? Alistair is genuine male.
Spoiler for lol:
Old 2020-04-04, 09:46   Link #13
Chosen_Hero

Touma and all of the level 5's are his favorites for clear and obvious reasons.
Old 2020-04-04, 19:07   Link #14
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Railgun's editor confirmed that the reason Gensei called Mikoto Aleister's favorite is because he figured out that the Level 6 Shift Project was a ruse to spread the Misaka Network around the world.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-05, 01:03   Link #15
Tenzen12

Strictly speaking Mikoto also only level 5 who isn't involeved with academy dark side without good reason (Gunha is gemstone and Aihana is ???). I think that alone could be good reason to consider her Crowley's favorite, even though I doubt she is.
Old 2020-04-06, 23:06   Link #16
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Railgun's editor also called out people who refused to watch Index and are later confused about certain details in Railgun that also happened in Index:

https://twitter.com/gouranga_/status...13243441553409

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouranga_
"Of course you're not going to understand every little thing if you only watch the spinoff. You have to watch the original too. And you know the original must be good, or it wouldn't have gotten a spinoff."
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 03:58   Link #17
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That scene of Misaki staring at her own giant brain never stops being ridiculously surreal even by AC standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Touma and all of the level 5's are his favorites for clear and obvious reasons.
Only Touma really. Level 5s and everyone else are pawns to him. Even Accelerator until before the very end

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-04-07 at 04:25.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 09:21   Link #18
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Only Touma really. Level 5s and everyone else are pawns to him. Even Accelerator until before the very end
Nope, all of them are, they just happen to have their own varying degrees of uses in his plans.
Old 2020-04-07, 10:14   Link #19
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Nope, all of them are, they just happen to have their own varying degrees of uses in his plans.
I'd say whatever fondness he has for them beyond utility is severely stunted until the end of his own arc though. Besides, since when does he let sentimentality like "favor" affect him when he's the head of AC?
Old 2020-04-07, 16:41   Link #20
VTHokiePride

So looking at the preview, is this show running towards a climactic battle between all the Level 5s and Touma? That would be one of the greatest battles this show will ever produce.

I really like how all of the seasons are tying together. Also, I used to think of Railgun as a small side story to Index. Not anymore.