AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-05-22, 07:31   Link #81
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And Megane hanging upside-down like a ninja
Yet, miraculously, her glasses never fall off. Reminds of those magic skirts in shounen series like Magi where girls tumble upside-down in the air yet never reveal their panties.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 11:07   Link #82
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Yet, miraculously, her glasses never fall off.
As a long-time glasses wearer, it's possible. Certain frames will slip off with ease but some will fit around your ears and pretty much hook onto them.
__________________

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 06:42   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Yet, miraculously, her glasses never fall off. Reminds of those magic skirts in shounen series like Magi where girls tumble upside-down in the air yet never reveal their panties.
I was more "concerned" about her boobs spilling out of her top.

But to stay on the topic of glasses, mine don't fall off. Yes, I actually just tested it.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 16:54   Link #84
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 41
Saw an article saying there's a new OP for the second half. Wonder how that will be compared to the current one. But what surprised me more is that it said 2nd half in July. There's no break between halves? Hope the staff can handle such a schedule. And I'm guessing that Disney ain't showing it until the whole thing is over.
__________________

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 18:01   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Saw an article saying there's a new OP for the second half. Wonder how that will be compared to the current one. But what surprised me more is that it said 2nd half in July. There's no break between halves? Hope the staff can handle such a schedule. And I'm guessing that Disney ain't showing it until the whole thing is over.
There was no reason to believe there'd be a break. An anime with such a title taking a break during the summer season would have been quite ironic.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 20:01   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Saw an article saying there's a new OP for the second half. Wonder how that will be compared to the current one. But what surprised me more is that it said 2nd half in July. There's no break between halves? Hope the staff can handle such a schedule. And I'm guessing that Disney ain't showing it until the whole thing is over.
Anime used to usually do 2-cour without taking a break
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 20:53   Link #87
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
I just assumed based on the title it was timed to finish in the summer.

But yeah, we’ve reached a stage where non-split cours inspire bafflement, lol.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-26, 10:57   Link #88
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Speaking of summer......

https://furaba-animeseichi.blog.jp/a.../30343558.html

IRL Wakayama settings of the story. Wonder if fans will swarm the locations when the summer holiday starts
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 05:34   Link #89
EroKing
Version Nightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wherever the fanservice is
Age: 36
Episode 7



Well, that's a pretty significant change
__________________
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 08:44   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Spoiler for episode 7:
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 17:44   Link #91
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
Every chapter it seems that there are more a more weakness to the shadows and they can bring the fight to them and have a chance to win.

Right now Hizuru/Ryunosuke is the best character.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 22:26   Link #92
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Every chapter it seems that there are more a more weakness to the shadows and they can bring the fight to them and have a chance to win.
Parasyte, Shiki... All of those monster vs. human stuff give them obvious weaknesses so that the humans can win in the end.
Stuff like B-Horror movies like zombie ones don't on the other hand, because they don't care about happy ends.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 06:14   Link #93
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 41
Episode hits all the right notes as usual. Hizuru being calculating and clinical (Yoko Hikasa needs more roles like this, she is in her element right now). Shadow Shiori being an utter little devil (Rie Kugimiya was stellar in that scene). Mio sending half the planet into the fetal position with that look. And just when you think Shinpei probably had five near heart attacks this episode alone, Shadow Ushio appears to leave things on a great cliffhanger.

There is one subtle change I noticed this episode. Hizuru stabbed herself in her side when in Nagumo mode in the anime. In the manga, the stab wound was in one of her breasts. There was a real sense of 'The Shadows must pay for this unforgivable crime!' in the aftermath of that chapter. So it makes me wonder whether a certain moment that will happen next episode gets altered or not.

I'm more concerned about the pace, though. This episode ended with Chapter 31. Next episode is around 1/3 of the way. Feels about 20 chapters off on pace. Wondering how they will make it up.
__________________

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-03, 17:07   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Spoiler for episode 8:
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-03, 21:14   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Wow, all of a sudden, everyone is making facial distortions
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-05, 02:56   Link #96
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 41
And now, it is time for Ushio to get the airtime she deserves. Seriously that moment where she blocks that stab that would have killed Shinpei never gets old. I'm also relieved the bloodiness of that scene remained intact and the sudden nudity was hardly altered (there was one front-on panel in the manga but that would likely incur some issues for that episode, so no big deal). Getting the 2 for one deal this episode with the kick to Sou as well as the punch to Shinpei is also very welcome.

What was best about this episode (exactly as it was in the manga) was that Hizuru has to concede Shadow Ushio is not like other Shadows and that she is acting about as opposite to them as possible. While she can't abide by being in Shadow Ushio's presence, Hizuru can understand that it means them no harm. Which is some integral character dynamics. You can't expect them to agree on everything. Given everything Hizuru has experienced from Shadows, her reactions are very relatable. But for her to concede that in this specific instance, she might be wrong and will let it go. Certainly the somewhat loss of Hizuru as a bodyguard is a hindrance, but they're still on the same side.

It also opens things up for Ushio to now be the focus. She's been waiting in the shadows long enough. Time for her to show everyone what she can do and what really happened that day. Have to say the pre-order timing for the Ushio nendoroid was very appropriate.
__________________

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-05, 06:51   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
What was best about this episode (exactly as it was in the manga) was that Hizuru has to concede Shadow Ushio is not like other Shadows and that she is acting about as opposite to them as possible. While she can't abide by being in Shadow Ushio's presence, Hizuru can understand that it means them no harm. Which is some integral character dynamics. You can't expect them to agree on everything. Given everything Hizuru has experienced from Shadows, her reactions are very relatable. But for her to concede that in this specific instance, she might be wrong and will let it go. Certainly the somewhat loss of Hizuru as a bodyguard is a hindrance, but they're still on the same side.
Hizuru not wanting to work with Shinpei anymore is understandable too. While she admits that Shadow Ushio means them no harm, she brings up a good point: Ushio is an anomaly and there's no telling when she might be "fixed". Staying with her is therefore dangerous.

I've been reading the corresponding manga chapters after watching each episode, and they cut a lot of critical information this time. I'm sure they'll land on their feet though.
By the way, Ryunosuke/Hizuru did stab herself in her side in the manga too. Checked out the first page of chapter 29.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-05, 10:04   Link #98
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hizuru not wanting to work with Shinpei anymore is understandable too. While she admits that Shadow Ushio means them no harm, she brings up a good point: Ushio is an anomaly and there's no telling when she might be "fixed". Staying with her is therefore dangerous.

I've been reading the corresponding manga chapters after watching each episode, and they cut a lot of critical information this time. I'm sure they'll land on their feet though.
By the way, Ryunosuke/Hizuru did stab herself in her side in the manga too. Checked out the first page of chapter 29.
It's a necessary tension. If the reader knew Ushio was no threat for certain, it removes a necessary element. If believing in Ushio occurs without risk, she is a less potent character.

And yeah...Chapters 34, 38 and 39 really got skipped over. However, almost all of it centred around a certain reveal. I think they intend to work this in at a more appropriate time. Could happen in Episode 9, maybe a bit later. It could be so that what happens in the next couple of episodes has more impact, because that reveal did feel a bit early in the manga.

As I said before, my one main concern is 25 episodes seemed a bit lower to cover every single thing in the manga. They're reaching the point where they need to be a bit pragmatic in order to cover all the core bits in 25 eps. That said, I hope they don't cut out any critical linking information.

Looking at that panel again, it was hard to tell without looking closer. There was a lack of definition because of the way that dark clothing was drawn.
__________________

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-05, 12:37   Link #99
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
Well now I know why there will be 24 chapters, the team were doing great but now that shinpei side with ushio now it comes the path of stupidity and he just will complicate things to try and find a way to "save her" or something.

Yeah things can be that easy.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 21:03   Link #100
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for ep9:
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mystery, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.