AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-13, 10:27   Link #41
stray
Classic Tsundere

Show isn't bad per se but its really sort of generic -- I kind of struggled to make it through episode 2. Not sure I can make it through 12 episodes. I'll give it another week at least.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-13, 16:23   Link #42
grecefar

It didn't take the route I wanted of him sucking at making friends and instead became popular and now friends are like a second thought.

Still the MC is funny on his own and if he keeps that humor I won't drop it.
grecefar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-13, 21:14   Link #43
Tenzen12

Finally reincarnated OP Maou in magical school done right! Ard certainly has just enough swag to make it work, even better that comedy is actually funny here.
Old 2022-04-13, 23:14   Link #44
Random14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
There's some backstory about Ard's family life that might be revealed in the next episode. What he thinks is the "normal" way to behave, well, isn't.
So that's what you meant. And I thought he was oblivious at 10 but he's even worse now (given more time has passed). Though doesn't help that his main (only?) frame of reference for "normal" is Ireena (and his parents probably are no help either in that department). He's basically an alien with how little he understands of human thought (well, that is part of why he abandoned his previous life).

At least Olivia is cool, not just for her design but looks like she actually has some common sense. Maybe Ginny will help balance things out too, harem cliches sound better than Ard failing miserably at not standing out. Probably one more episode, if just to see Olivia make Ard sweat more.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-14, 09:57   Link #45
moridin84
Custom User Title

I like Ireena a lot. Firstly, she was the one pushing forward trying to help Ginny every time, which is nice. And secondly, I really appreciate that she's trying to avoid being shocked at Ard doing crazy things. That type has gotten boring.

Ard is an interesting MC. He is neither arrogant nor humble. He doesn't really have any major personality problems either.

Quote:
Ireena wasting no time when another girl grabs Ard's arm and shoves it into her cleavage by matching that in turn.
It was interesting watching her face being frozen in the background for 5 seconds before she reacted. I went back and watched it another 2 times.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-14, 11:28   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I like Ireena a lot. Firstly, she was the one pushing forward trying to help Ginny every time, which is nice. And secondly, I really appreciate that she's trying to avoid being shocked at Ard doing crazy things. That type has gotten boring.

Ard is an interesting MC. He is neither arrogant nor humble. He doesn't really have any major personality problems either.

It was interesting watching her face being frozen in the background for 5 seconds before she reacted. I went back and watched it another 2 times.
I love how she's all "Ard's awesome!" and then she's like "wow...maybe Ard is a little too awesome" .
Old 2022-04-14, 11:29   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

Basically that "Greatest Sage" show from last season, no dragon loli yet though.
Old 2022-04-20, 09:18   Link #48
Frontier

Ard's so special now he's getting stuck with all the jobs of getting right up in front of people for the sake of the school, when he just wants to be a typical commoner, and Olivia's enjoying every minute of it as she's trying to ascertain even deeper whether he's her "little brother" Varvatos .

"Ardy?" I mean, okay, "Ireeny" is okay, but I'd have just as rather them keep "Ard-kun..."

Wow, Ginny wasted no time asking Ard out on a date. And unsurprisingly Ireena's not about to let Ginny steal her man from her, but Ginny is surprisingly okay with Ireena joining them because she doesn't plan on monopolizing Ard to herself. In fact she thinks Ard should have a full-on Harem, and she seems surprisingly into that idea! I don't know if that's succubus logic or what, but it helps keep things balanced between the two Heroines and their love for Ard .

Ginny and Ireena both looked great in their dresses, especially Ginny because she's showing off even more cleavage .

Must be pretty surreal to watch a play about your former life...but more frustrating when they get the relationship dynamic with your past love completely wrong. Lydia wasn't some sweet, sentimental, and worried love interest, she was a rough, aggressive, leader who jumped straight into battle ahead of Varvatos. It also seems like she wore the pants in the relationship .

Ard already getting two girls shoving their cleavage into his body and wrapping their arms around him in public, lucky dog .

Gotta love how a succubus knows a good place to eat that goes through a red light district and a bunch of sexy hookers. I loved Ard covering Ireena's eyes to maintain her innocence .

Not often a date gets interrupted by overhearing a plan to kidnap someone and then diving into the sewers...of course it was apparently a trap to snag Ard from the very beginning, not that he's surprised or all that worked up about it as he makes quick work of the baddies. Even when one transforms into a demon, Ard heroically flies off after it and finishes it off with no sweat .

"Are you hallucinating that you had a hostage now?" That's such an Anos line .

So much for being a typical nobody when Ard's just declared his lineage to the general public and become a hero to the people .

The queen is quite the looker! A little haughty and frivolous too, but I can't deny her beauty either. And she's also childhood friends with Ireena, which is interesting. Is she descended from Ard at all or whoever took over the throne after he reincarnated ?

Ard just wants to ask for the school budget to be increased so he doesn't have to do the magic show...but he gets that and also him and Ireena upgraded to Pentagon-class mages and assigned to the Queen's special forces. So much for being a typical nobody .

How much of it was a joke when the queen said she wanted to marry Ard and make babies with him? I think she is genuinely interested in him in her own way at least, not that Ireena appreciates the attention but Ginny is willing to let her be another girl in the Harem .

Is the woman this evil group working with the redhaired girl? Is she trying to upend the status quo in honor of Varvatos ?
Old 2022-04-20, 09:47   Link #49
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I think Olivia knows or at the very least strongly suspects but wants Ard/Varvatos to be the one to admit it. She is too specific to be fishing.

This looks like with every thing that Ard does is going to blow back on him. He does not know moderation or rather he has not moderated his power downwards enough for the times that he is now in. What used to be common during his time is exceptional or a lost art.

At the rate that Ard is stumbling with this, I wonder by which episode will Olivia call him out as the reincarnated Varvatos. Or she just wants him to squirm?
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-20, 10:50   Link #50
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
I think Olivia knows or at the very least strongly suspects but wants Ard/Varvatos to be the one to admit it. She is too specific to be fishing.

This looks like with every thing that Ard does is going to blow back on him. He does not know moderation or rather he has not moderated his power downwards enough for the times that he is now in. What used to be common during his time is exceptional or a lost art.

At the rate that Ard is stumbling with this, I wonder by which episode will Olivia call him out as the reincarnated Varvatos. Or she just wants him to squirm?
The way she was laughing at the meeting with the head of the school...probably .
Old 2022-04-20, 10:51   Link #51
Marina2

.....Hmm
https://imgur.com/a/OJtRQUo
Old 2022-04-20, 13:13   Link #52
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Yeah, I would've preferred they'd just kept the -kun.
Old 2022-04-20, 13:47   Link #53
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
We need to bring back all those very long TL notes from when people were still doing fansubs How can we ever know why using -kun instead of -san is a big deal?

This is too generic but it's ok enough for me to keep watching.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-20, 14:17   Link #54
Lex79

Yeah, I too would have preferred that they kept the Japanese honorifics, but I can understand that adding a note about their meaning would be far less practical in a subbed anime rather than in a manga or LN.
Anyway, looks like this is one of the series where the protagonist wants to keep a low profile but keeps gaining achievements against his will. Since the matter of making friends was solved in the first episode, it seems this is what is going to cause troubles to Ard.
I'm glad that the heroines aren't wasting time in making their intentions clear, and Ard is conscious of them as members of the opposite sex. Of course I'm rooting for the harem end.
Old 2022-04-21, 06:27   Link #55
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The subs are probably the same lines they will do for the dub. Putting -kun in the dub would be cringe but I bet they want to keep the script the same.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-21, 12:37   Link #56
Strahan

"Ardy" is plenty cringe too so I guess it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-21, 19:09   Link #57
grecefar

Lydia personality coming out like that was hilarious.

I love the Queen and I have a weakness for drill hair.
grecefar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 09:17   Link #58
Frontier

A love confession straight into the third episode! Although Ard doesn't have time for romance, so he has to turn her down. Not that it stops her from trying to jump him in broad daylight and make him hers, but luckily Ireena is there to ward her off. She's definitely not joining the Harem plan .

We meet Jessica, a busty twintailed blonde, who seems like a normal, enthusiastic, professor at the academy going along with a plan to make Ard a teacher...but there's definitely more to it .

It takes Ginny, jealous of other girls giving Ard attention, going into his room in a sexy negligee that shows off her body and preventing him from moving with her evil eye so she can make her move and take his virginity that really emphasizes that she's a succubus. And then Ireena walks in with a night dress because she wants to make up with Ard and sees her on top of him leading to full blown war .

Ireena has been holding her feelings back for Ard since probably they were kids, and then Ginny comes in and is all over him and open about forming a Harem and other girls start clamping on to him, and Ginny sees Ireena as too naive and mature as a love rival. And they're having this argument while evening clothes, which makes it even better .

Ards' mom think boys are more likely to listen to girls dressed sexily? I mean, she's not wrong, but still .

Ard's not going to let his girls duel over him, but entering a competition is fair game isn't it? Especially if it means getting their man to wear a fancy outfit .

I shouldn't be surprised that Ireena and Ard's parents would be the judges, but Ard's dad being bored with all the girls and wishing for something more "beefy" while the mom keeps ogling the young female students...makes me really question these parents' preferences .

Olivia still trying to pull a "gotcha" on Ard by mentioning someone they both knew in his former life, but Ard isn't biting .

I love how Ard is praying that they lose without any injuries and Ireena takes it to mean he's praying for their success and feels emboldened to win .

Of course the main characters make quick work in the tournament and end up paired against each other, but before Ireena and Ginny can finish their match, the demon terrorists attack the stadium and make a real mess of things .

So "Jessica" was really Elzard, King of Dragons (which I guess explains why she keeps using "Boku"), but does that mean the real Jessica is dead? And what does she want with Ireena? If only Ard had followed his suspicions regarding her .

The episode had been all about the rivalry between Ireena and Ginny, but in the end it's all about their friendship as they stand up for and try to protect each other, even if their efforts against Elzard were fruitless as she successfully kidnaps Ireena. Looks like we're getting a rescue next episode .
Old 2022-04-27, 14:25   Link #59
stray
Classic Tsundere

I forgot hearing somewhere that Ard's parents were actually beards, I guess the series is going to be indirect about it.

I'm really not sure how to feel about this show... its not even close to original but its sort of entertaining. I guess I'll stick around until it gets boring.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 15:42   Link #60
Huh...?

So, they changed the dress those girls wore when they entered Ard's room
Spoiler for Warning "NSFW":

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote