AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-20, 10:58   Link #121
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While Arc hasn't pondered too hard on the killing thing, I appreciate that he did stop to considering the ramifications of resurrection magic. He still did it. But at least he paused for a second to think about it. Not that he had the luxury of thinking too long about it since that would raise the odds of the magic failing. So it was a "move or don't" kind of thing.

No question resurrecting that Princess will have massive ramifications. All the more so since it gives her a sense of divine justice behind her path. But to be fair...she's not a bad person. And she seems the least corrupt out of her siblings. Presumably the pretty boy one did it since it's pretty standard twist kind of thing. But regardless she is trying to do the right thing and took her chances because of that. So helping her out probably will pay off in the future.

Even got to meet up with the furry-ear ninja girl. She's bound to join the team eventually. And this is a good chance to move towards that.

Good for Arc to realize what he's got to work on. Of course I think getting wrecked by Ariane's mother hammered that home anyways. He's got a lot of great stats and skills. But it's about getting used to real combat and using them. And on the topic of the curse, I'm surprised he didn't try to use it on his face/head to get a look at himself. But maybe he wanted to play it safe. Who knows what impact regenerating his brain and having it turn into just a skeleton again might have on him. Of course regenerating his arm didn't make blood spill everywhere that wasn't uncursed so maybe it wouldn't have been too risky?
Old 2022-05-20, 12:46   Link #122
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Btw,.is any other LN/WN reader there? I got much more serious vibes when reading the WN for some reason, but the anime is clearly mainly comedy, so I wonder whether it has changed or I just misread the atmosphere or am mixing it up with other series (it's been long since I read this).
I read it like six years ago until vol4 ch2 and then skimmed it to vol5 ch19. I might be remembering it wrong because it was so long ago, but I remember the story feeling not too serious or comedic. I remember it feeling somewhere in between. It did have a number of comedic parts with Arc though. I think it became more serious as it went on.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 15:38   Link #123
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
He created his character and then applied cosmetic skin that make it look like skeleton. Unless his transportation changed his race, it's still same as his game character and he know exactly what kind of race he is.
Like I said, he's an isekaied human. Nothing about his state is natural, so what if taking away the "curse" took away the whole avatar, leaving only the real him behind?

But like I also said, he just didn't think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Btw,.is any other LN/WN reader there? I got much more serious vibes when reading the WN for some reason, but the anime is clearly mainly comedy, so I wonder whether it has changed or I just misread the atmosphere or am mixing it up with other series (it's been long since I read this).
I don't really feel that way, but it's also been a while. Bad things happened, but it didn't feel like the story really dwelled on it. It got more serious toward the end, though.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 15:45   Link #124
Frontier

I feel like there's kind of a whimsical air to Arc's adventures (especially with Ponta) since he's a dashing hero of justice, but there's a more serious undercurrent underneath everything (what with the elf sex-trafficking and the political maneuvering/attempted murder).
Old 2022-05-21, 06:04   Link #125
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Like I said, he's an isekaied human. Nothing about his state is natural, so what if taking away the "curse" took away the whole avatar, leaving only the real him behind?

But like I also said, he just didn't think about it.
"Didn't think about it" wouldn't cut here. In matter of fact, it would require ridiculous amount of overthinking to even consider such outlandish idea.
Old 2022-05-21, 08:48   Link #126
moridin84
Custom User Title

I like how when Arc gets into complicated situations on his own he doesn't bother to explain it to Ariane because it would be a hassle.

Like with the princess now and the ninja before.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-21, 12:54   Link #127
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
"Didn't think about it" wouldn't cut here. In matter of fact, it would require ridiculous amount of overthinking to even consider such outlandish idea.
It would take a massive brain fart for Arc to forget the race he picked for the character he played for, most likely, years. Being shocked by his skeletal appearance at the start was understandable as he just got isekaid.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 15:54   Link #128
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
It would take a massive brain fart for Arc to forget the race he picked for the character he played for, most likely, years. Being shocked by his skeletal appearance at the start was understandable as he just got isekaid.
It depends how long he's had that skin, and how much race matters in the game he was playing.

Besides, he spent even more years thinking of himself as a human, so that's what he still thinks of himself as now that he's not in front of a keyboard.

Quote:
My point wasn't that he thought that way. Like I said, he didn't think about it. He didn't think about the exact mechanics of him finding himself in a skeleton body. He was more concerned with tasting the local specialties.

My point was that his situation was absurd to start with, so anything goes. Why wouldn't an anticurse turn him back into his real human body? There is no known law of physics that says it can't, because there is no known law of physics governing getting isekaied into a game character.
Old 2022-05-23, 09:59   Link #129
Tenzen12

Because that's not how brain in works. If we see something that looks like duck and quack like duck we will automatically think it's duck. Human are being that by default judge book by its cover. MC looks like his character and have skills like his character then very first conclusion will be he became his character.

Then there are associations. He is big armored paladin, which basically exclusively human thing in games. Elves are Archers, druids or magicians. They don't wear heavy armor. Don't use holly magic and do not have strict hiarchy akin knight orders. If he was small, bearded and had big axe with himhe would conclude he became dwarf instead. He wouldn't think he is hobbit. That's racial stereotype and you don't have to think about it as that comes with experience and is basically imprinted.
Old 2022-05-23, 10:32   Link #130
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

1.) Arc isn't a Paladin, nor was he ever. He's a Holy Knight with a priest subclass. Sure, other games might call it a Paladin.

2.) Your logic of Elves can't be Paladins makes no sense. It's not even a generic thing in games anymore. Hell we even had a
Spoiler for other series:

Whether or not Elves can be a Paladin is up to the Devs/Author. And even Ariane in this series is a Mage Knight.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 11:02   Link #131
Tenzen12

It doesn't matter if there are exceptions. Stereotypes is what matter when it comes to "not thinking deeply".

As for Ariane her class may be called magic knight but she doesn't wear knight armor and is not part of order.
Old 2022-05-23, 11:17   Link #132
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if there are exceptions. Stereotypes is what matter when it comes to "not thinking deeply".
You still make no sense. If he's supposed to think of himself as his character, then stereotypes from other games matter even less.
Old 2022-05-23, 11:33   Link #133
Tenzen12

It's just your understanding is lacking. First paragraph was concrete and second was more general to illustrate how human brain works.
Old 2022-05-26, 10:05   Link #134
Frontier

We finally get to properly meet the furry-eared ninja girl, Chiyome, and it turns out she's a lot like Ariane, being an elite warrior who set forth to free her beastpeople kin from being enslaved and trafficked. And of course she ran into the perfect partner to help her quest in Arc (and Ponta) .

So Arc may not be the first Japanese person who ended up in this game world and had to make a life there, since thousands of years before a guy going by "Hanzo" ended up becoming a liberator for the beastpeople and teaching them how to be ninja's and naming their elite as the most famous of Japanese ninja's. So was Hanzo a player too? Was he from Arc's present-day but transported back at a much earlier period than Arc? Did he die in this world or did he get to go back? And why were both he and Arc transported to this world ?

I guess the only thing that turns Arc on more than fantasy and elves is ninja's and seeing his own culture reflected in this world, although he's also insanely jealous that another guy got to form an entire ninja culture of beastpeople in this world .

No surprise Ariane would agree to go along with Chiyome's plan to attack a big slave market. Not only is Chiyome a kindred spirit, but there's no way she would lose an opportunity to free other elves and people enslaved by evil humans. And that lets Arc wholeheartedly agree to it as well .

If we didn't need any more evidence that Dakares is a piece of trash, not only is he trafficking in people but he also attempted to murder his sister. I'm only disappointed that he's running from the capital with his tail between his legs before he fan face proper justice as his operations fall out from under him, but I don't trust his advisor Cetrion .

So it's not just a simple one-and-done op, Arc and Ariane are now involved in a fairly sizeable operation to take out all the slave markets in the capital. Guess it's go big or go home when it comes to dealing with such an evil .

Can't fight evil on an empty stomach (Ponta in the ending tag even agrees) and Arc and Ariane look pretty cozy eating dinner together, even if it also lead to Arc unknowingly eating dragonflies .

Arc thinks they need to stand out more as decoys so he puts on the most ridiculous costume over his armor. Even Ponta doesn't think it works .

Arc meets Goemon, a stoic, burly, ninja man with Earth magic/ninjutsu who becomes buddies with Arc after a test of strength (the true path to manly friendship) and together they make quick work of the guards and inadvertently basically destroy the whole front yard when their magic coalesces together. I guess if it gets the job done ...
Old 2022-05-26, 14:29   Link #135
grecefar

Besides the info about that there was another player and a ninja fanboy too, this is a replay of what happened with ariane.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-26, 17:18   Link #136
magnuskn

Damn, this series is fun, over the top "for mature audiences" stuff aside.
Old 2022-06-01, 17:40   Link #137
Strahan

At the end, Ariane said "a certain cocky skeleton". I don't recall them ever telling Chiyome about his true nature; you'd think she'd be like... what did you say? lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 10:03   Link #138
Frontier

Ponta is the best guard dog ever !

I guess you can't be a ninja in a fantasy setting without some cool ninjutsu, as Chiyome demonstrates. In fact both ladies demonstrate some awesome magic in this episode, tearing through the slaver guards en masse. Of course Ariane is just as deadly with the blade .

Of course Arc and Goemon arrived...partially through the power of muscles .

The group are able to free those imprisoned, but the sad fact is that the infirm and sick were grouped together and left to rot as corpses. As if this wasn't inhumane enough. Poor Chiyome has to witness this and blame herself for not being strong enough to save them .

Man, Arc's teleportation really is the most convenient thing ever .

Nothing settles Arc and Goemon as bros quite like a mutual thumbs up .

Arc takes the dead beastmen so personally that not only is he going to leave nothing of the slave market left alongside Goemon, but he even brings back the corpses so that Ariane can give them a proper burial by fire and allow their souls to ascend to the sky as flames. It was a surprisingly beautiful scene .

I see the "maiden's oath" was Chiyome vowing to become stronger to help her people. It's kind of sad seeing her go again, but I hope she, Arc, Ponta, and Ariane can reunite in the future .

Watching Dakares squirm as his entire operation falls apart is pretty satisfying, as is seeing him get betrayed and killed by Cetrion, but it turns out it was Sekt who was really manipulating everything behind the scenes. And he was the one who sent the assassins to kill Yuriarna. I guess the one silver lining is that Yuriarna is really alive and seems to have figured out his plot, so he unknowingly still has competition for the throne (and Arc might end up messing with his plans too)

Well, besides her brothers trying to kill her, it's nice to see that Yuriarna still has a good relationship with her big sister. And she wants her survival to still be a secret as she makes peace with the elves...will that plot go anywhere in the next few episodes ?

So it's off to the Holy Revlon Empire to free more imprisoned elves! I kind of wonder why it's got Ariane spooked. Does she have history there? Does she know how bad they are? Their Emperor Domitianus definitely seems to have his own plots brewing, and has a monster in the sand at the command of his man Fumba waiting in the wings. Looks like that'll be the next major threat for Arc and Ariane .
Old 2022-06-02, 13:23   Link #139
Marina2

The political part of the story give this series some good world building and depth. Without it the whole plot will be just about Arc following Ariane around to destroy slavery business.

Unlike Wein's family in The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt, the relationship between sibling in royal family here are pretty bad due the the competition for the throne. At least Yuriarna is the type who prioritize her duty and her kingdom before the throne.

I think "Maiden's oath" also refer to Yuriarna speech about she want to speak with the elf for the sake of both race.

Last edited by Marina2; 2022-06-02 at 13:34.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 17:49   Link #140
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Unlike Wein's family in The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt, the relationship between sibling in royal family here are pretty bad due the the competition for the throne.
Just to note,
- Yuriarna & Seriarna are daughters of the Queen
- Dakares is the son of the First-class Wife (2nd after Queen)
- Sekt is the son of the Second-class Wife (3rd after Queen)

Seriarna & Sekt are the Eldest (not clear who in the older of those two)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think "Maiden's oath" also refer to Yuriarna speech about she want to speak with the elf for the sake of both race.
The title also refers to Chiyome and her Oath to become powerful so that she could save more of her people.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote