AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-28, 18:14   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode plain sucked. It definitely doesn't help that I hate rap, but the lack of Eiko on top of that just made it sting even more. Even Kongming only got one scene, albeit a great one.
Old 2022-04-28, 18:29   Link #82
Dextro
He Without a Title

Can't say I'm a big fan of the rapper they got to pair with 96neko on the ending song. Though I got to admit that having a second voice does suit the song quite a bit.

As for the episode I gotta agree with Kanon: it wasn't a great episode. Did we really need a full episode to tell us that this new character has gotten cold feet and retreated into his shell? Pretty sure that was fully established half way through the episode, the rest just felt like the runtime was being padded until Kongming finally got a scene in.

Hopefully next episode gets back on the right track.
Old 2022-04-28, 20:37   Link #83
grecefar

I'm not fan on were the episode ended, but seems like the next one we got EIKO singing and more kongming rap so there is that.
grecefar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-28, 20:49   Link #84
Shadow5YA

I have a feeling they intend to end the anime with the 100k Likes performance, since that would be the end of an arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Can't say I'm a big fan of the rapper they got to pair with 96neko on the ending song. Though I got to admit that having a second voice does suit the song quite a bit.

As for the episode I gotta agree with Kanon: it wasn't a great episode. Did we really need a full episode to tell us that this new character has gotten cold feet and retreated into his shell? Pretty sure that was fully established half way through the episode, the rest just felt like the runtime was being padded until Kongming finally got a scene in.

Hopefully next episode gets back on the right track.
Because it was padded. There was no reason for the flashback to be that long, or for Kabetaijin to have a flashback of Kongming literally right after he just talked to him.

I do appreciate Kongming's rap though
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-28, 22:35   Link #85
Wandering Soul

Can't really say I care much for the new rapper right now. Maybe I'll warm up to him later, but I still don't find his addition necessary.
Old 2022-04-28, 22:57   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, manga readers were warning anime-viewers that the rapper chapters sucked before this episode even aired, but it is unavoidable and here we are.
Without enough Eiko.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-28, 23:21   Link #87
Tenzen12

I sort of liked it though
Old 2022-04-28, 23:50   Link #88
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Take out the CGDCT, watch the audience implode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-29, 03:02   Link #89
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Take out the CGDCT, watch the audience implode.
From my end, it was mostly the taking out of our boy Kongming from the episode that did it. Cute guys doing cute things?
Old 2022-04-29, 04:53   Link #90
Tenzen12

Eiko is adorable and I love her, but it's my boy Kongming that carry show for me and he did great job at that this time as well.
Old 2022-04-29, 15:14   Link #91
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm so glad Kongming identified himself as Zhuge Liang. I wanted to watch the Romance of the Three Kingdoms anime to learn some of the back story, but there was no "Kongming" listed. Zhuge Liang appears third in the credits.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-05, 10:28   Link #92
Tenzen12

I might be adult man (at least age wise), but this episode made me giggle like little girl. Loved every second of it.
Old 2022-05-05, 11:46   Link #93
grecefar

what a battle but I think kongming had the upper hand, still it was great for the two of them.

kabetaijin is really popular, with him is not that impossible those 100k likes, and who doesn't love a comeback?, kabetaijin coming back and singin with an upcoming star like EIKO.
grecefar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-05, 18:10   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kongming played Kabe like a damn fiddle. And me at the same time. That he got Eiko to sing that particular song because he knew it was special for Kabe was obvious, but I genuinely thought Kabe had gotten over his stress because he managed to let everything out and had fun battling Kongming. Instead it was ancient Chinese potion mixed in his drink that allowed him to perform well

Kongming rapping was pretty fun, but I still think Kabe is a crap addition to the cast.

Love how expressive Eiko is. This time she was the one cheering Kongming on.
Old 2022-05-05, 21:29   Link #95
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kongming played Kabe like a damn fiddle. And me at the same time. That he got Eiko to sing that particular song because he knew it was special for Kabe was obvious, but I genuinely thought Kabe had gotten over his stress because he managed to let everything out and had fun battling Kongming. Instead it was ancient Chinese potion mixed in his drink that allowed him to perform well
It's because it wasn't stress that gave Kabe his stomach issues, but the other way around - he had gastrointestinal issues for other unknown causes that caused him to stress out.

He was always a nervous kid, but the stomach issues pushed him over the edge without him realizing it and mistook the pressure of being on stage as the cause instead.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 10:05   Link #96
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm so glad Kongming identified himself as Zhuge Liang. I wanted to watch the Romance of the Three Kingdoms anime to learn some of the back story, but there was no "Kongming" listed. Zhuge Liang appears third in the credits.
Zhuge is his family name, Kongming is his style name, while Liang is his given name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtesy_name

Liu Bei's style name is Xuande. He is thus also known as Liu Xuande.
Cao Cao's style name is Mengde; Cao Mengde.
Guan Yu's style name is Yunchang; Guan Yunchang.
Zhuge Liang's style name is Kongming; Zhuge Kongming.
etc.

Maybe this will help shed more light if you're interested in ancient Chinese names:
http://kongming.net/novel/names/

edit: Went to rewatch; he literally introduced himself in that form (family name/given name/style name) during his first reply, which is also how it was done in ancient Chinese during self-introduction (if one reads the original novel in Chinese).

Last edited by larethian; 2022-05-06 at 10:19.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 14:45   Link #97
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

The rap-battle itself was pretty good as the plan itself. But I really think they should not drag this story for whole 3 eps: 2 would be more than enough or even 1.

Still waiting for the rival group as they seem to be playing something more of my taste (unless the song in PV is just a tease and they turn out a generic idol unit).
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 20:15   Link #98
Wandering Soul

At least they got their rapper. I'm still on the fence about Kabe, but I guese we've got no choice but to let this play out.
Old 2022-05-12, 11:52   Link #99
stray
Classic Tsundere

The ED has evolved yet again. Not sure if we've reached final form though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 13:21   Link #100
Blaat

Yeah there are two seats left at the bar, will the other Azalea group members join EIKO?