AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2011-08-26, 06:11   Link #21
alquimio_125

"Plan B" is incorrect?
What does that mean with ''Plan B''?
You mean the movie will not have a ending B?
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 08:22   Link #22
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
-- the new story is after they came back to Mahora, Konoemon wants Negi to pick a permanent partner and erase the memory of others about magic, while Negi trying to make the difficult choice, Mars suddenly appear quite close on top of Mahora, a crisis for both the real world and the magic world...
I'm going to go ahead and say it now, but this plot is ridiculous.

So what, Asuna's heritage doesn't matter? What about Yue? She just has to forget about all her accomplishments as an ariadne knight? Or Konoka, who is working hard to be one of the most powerful healers in the world? And the same thing goes for everyone else, they've accomplished so much it's downright ridiculous to only now come out and say "hur no, pick one and we'll erase the memories of magic from the others."

This one partner plot has "will never happen" written in bright neon letters, which saps all tension from it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 09:36   Link #23
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I agree. Then again, look at the bright side! At least it's 'not canon' :P

But you know...that thing with 'Mars suddenly appear' makes it so that Negi will need everyone's help to resolve the incident and then everyone will become his permanent partner (or at least, the headmaster will then decide that it's unfair for everyone to forget about agic )

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 12:19   Link #24
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

So what, Asuna's heritage doesn't matter? What about Yue? She just has to forget about all her accomplishments as an ariadne knight? Or Konoka, who is working hard to be one of the most powerful healers in the world? And the same thing goes for everyone else, they've accomplished so much it's downright ridiculous to only now come out and say "hur no, pick one and we'll erase the memories of magic from the others."

This one partner plot has "will never happen" written in bright neon letters, which saps all tension from it.
Ding ding ding! This my friends is one of the main reasons why I'm calling foul when it comes to this movie: considering all the development that has happened in the manga (and the fact that a number of students have magic connections before Negi's arrival), the idea of only one student (most likely Asuna) being able to retain their memories of magic is only going to result in a major fan backlash. I'm sure Akamatsu-sensei would know better than pull this type of crap when he actually does end the Negima manga, as the last thing he'd want is fans turning on him for doing something that is the equivilent to a major hit in the groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
But you know...that thing with 'Mars suddenly appear' makes it so that Negi will need everyone's help to resolve the incident and then everyone will become his permanent partner (or at least, the headmaster will then decide that it's unfair for everyone to forget about agic )
Personally, if both Albireo and Rakan can be Nagi's partners in magic (with those Pactios appearing to be permanent), then I'm sure Negi can have two permanent partners himself (most likely Asuna and Nodoka).
Old 2011-08-26, 12:31   Link #25
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post

Personally, if both Albireo and Rakan can be Nagi's partners in magic (with those Pactios appearing to be permanent), then I'm sure Negi can have two permanent partners himself (most likely Asuna and Nodoka).
Never gonna let that one go, are we? Still, it's a good tactical decision as well.

Negi would like to have good advantages to himself, even as he progresses in life. Everyone know how wizards work. So, as Asuna would be his primary combat partner, Nodoka would compensate with having rather nifty Divination skills (I know I'm speaking D&D terms here, but cut me a break here).

So one shouldn't just look at things through a romantic perspective here, but also through a tactical one as well.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 13:18   Link #26
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
Never gonna let that one go, are we? Still, it's a good tactical decision as well.
Hey, even if Negi does end up with Asuna as his wife, if he can make two Permanent Pactios, it would likely go to Nodoka, who'd also probably be the godmother of Negi's kid (hey, she does have an outfit that somewhat says "fairy godmother" material ).
Old 2011-08-26, 14:53   Link #27
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

I hafta say that I agree with you - doesn't sound like a very interesting "track" to weave the story down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I agree. Then again, look at the bright side! At least it's 'not canon' :P...
Well ... that's one way to look at it!
Old 2011-08-26, 20:59   Link #28
chaosprophet

Crossposting from another forums, my thoughts on the movie development:

While temporary pactios may indeed always disappear after a certain amount of time, which should be one of the reasons it's called "temporary" someone could prob remake one after it goes out. Don't remenber if making a permanet pactio also cancels temporary ones.

I don't think we have to worry this memory thing would happen on the manga like the movie. It doesn't make any sense that a pactio being undone would result into it. I would bet that even on the movie, it's prob something on the lines of, as he wasn't supposed to make the girls unaware of magic aware of it, he will have to undo all of theirs memories. But he is given the choice of choosing one to keep as permanent pactio partner and not having to erase her memory about magic and him.

While Akamatsu said the mnive would be what was supposed to be the original enf of Negima, we don't knwo when did Akamatsu changed his idea. Considering so many unanswered question we have on the manga so far, I think he prob changed it a long time ago, so the question we still have today wouldn't exist on the original plan. Considering that, maybe the original plan for Negima, the girls wouldn't have deepened relation with magic and other magic aware people besides Negi as much as they did on the manga now, so it would make more sense for him to erase their memories.
Old 2011-08-26, 21:14   Link #29
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
While Akamatsu said the mnive would be what was supposed to be the original enf of Negima, we don't knwo when did Akamatsu changed his idea. Considering so many unanswered question we have on the manga so far, I think he prob changed it a long time ago, so the question we still have today wouldn't exist on the original plan. Considering that, maybe the original plan for Negima, the girls wouldn't have deepened relation with magic and other magic aware people besides Negi as much as they did on the manga now, so it would make more sense for him to erase their memories.
Well, if things were the way they were before the Mahora Festival arc (i.e. only 11 students were in the know about Negi's secret, only 4 pactios were made), then I could understand this ending (especially if something happens where in the end, all four Ministra Magi end up retaining their memories of magic existing). It's when the Mahora Festival storyline began to start (and things began to expand when it came to who was aware of magic before Negi's arrival) that the type of ending that the movie's summary is suggesting would become messy.
Old 2011-08-26, 23:34   Link #30
divinicide

I must say after reading the movie summary, I was disappointed. I was expecting a conclusion of the magic arc or at least follow events on the manga. I am still excited about the movie though. I am negima noob because I just picked it up recently and absolutely love it. This serie should get a proper remake in anime form just like how full metal alchemist and hellsing did.
divinicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 00:20   Link #31
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimio_125 View Post
"Plan B" is incorrect?
What does that mean with ''Plan B''?
You mean the movie will not have a ending B?
Akamatsu-sensei had stated that the Negima! movie would be the "Plan B" ending and had tweeted as such. He saw the SHAFT movie and they shafted that idea, so he was informing people that his original tweets about the movie were made null and void.

Basically, SHAFT changed a bunch of stuff (as discussed by folks above me in this thread) so there you go.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 00:31   Link #32
divinicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Akamatsu-sensei had stated that the Negima! movie would be the "Plan B" ending and had tweeted as such. He saw the SHAFT movie and they shafted that idea, so he was informing people that his original tweets about the movie were made null and void.

Basically, SHAFT changed a bunch of stuff (as discussed by folks above me in this thread) so there you go.
Thats what I am hearing too. From another a forum (I dont know if you can post links here), they said the movie had to cut 20 minutes of footage because of production issues. A tweet from Ken himself asked fan to know these before they watch the movie because some back story were omitted.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

I get the feeling that negima getting Shaft'd yet again.
divinicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 00:46   Link #33
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Another sign that the Negima movie may not be that great: I was checking the 2ch boards, and there was at least one post on the Negima movie thread that references an anime film from the late 1980's/early 1990's (I can't remember the name of the film) that was infamous for not being finished in time for its release date, resulting in the unfinished film being released in theaters (and people who paid to see this film receiving free VHS copies of the film once it was completed).
Old 2011-08-27, 01:39   Link #34
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Here's what the current plot looks like:

Negi is told to choose one partner ==> lots of stressy Negi moments and "time with the partners" ==> Mars appears ==> everyone works together to solve the crisis ==> headmaster decides that all the partners are good ==> status quo restored.

Either that, or they go along with the one partner thing and get the even worse ending of giving a good majority of the cast the middle finger.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 01:56   Link #35
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

if he doesnt end up with asuna or nodoka im giving up with this series.......hell he might even end up with the whole class
Old 2011-08-27, 09:10   Link #36
Hata
時の異邦人

movie spoiler

the first movie review is up, and unlike the groans of everywhere before the showing, it is a favorable review, a romantic comedy with lot's of actions+fan services and a happy ending to boot.

Spoiler for movie:
and according to early 2ch returns,
-- Hayate movie is better.
-- Negima viewers demo breaks down
around 20>late teens>after late 20>early teens>elementary school

of course Ken specifically said in his twitter, which others had posted above, the anime people forgot to put in the fact
1. the graduation is next day, (so the movie really is just 2 days long)
2. the ones who are not picked will have their memory with magic erased,
(thus the urgency, and the fight that ensued in the girls' battle for Negi.)

what is not say the the length of the movie? (40 or 60?)
movie time Negima 45 - XXXXXXX 3 - Hayate 60
and the movie according to Zero's end page ads will be bundled with Negima 37 LE as the OAD, no idea if it is going to be DVD or BD.

that article is at cartoonworld, (beware site including adult contents) together with many movie merchandise pictures, (that guy bought ALL OF THEM) and some Negima Zero pictures , go read it if you like, I will post on the seiyu stage show whenever a review is up tomorrow?

Last edited by Hata; 2011-08-29 at 03:02. Reason: clarify/correction
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 10:11   Link #37
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Here's the link that Hata was talking about:

http://cartoonworld.blog120.fc2.com/...ntry-2205.html (Warning: NSFW).
Old 2011-08-27, 11:36   Link #38
Sheep_

Does anyone know if the CD with the movie's theme song has been released already? Because I know the one for HnG has been released.
Old 2011-08-27, 20:49   Link #39
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
(thus the urgency, and the fight that ensued in the girls' battle for Negi.)
So, indeed of working together as a true Nakama to find a solution and getting all of them to keep their memories, the girls break down into a bunch of egoistic competitors only to save their own figurative hides?

This ain't Negima.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 23:13   Link #40
DKN117

...Kay. After reading all of the above, I have hereby decided to ignore the movie altogether and focus solely on the manga.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote