Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-01, 16:26   Link #1381
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. It's working out fairly well, but I can't do it alone and a few of the other DPS are slow to switch to the fast conflag. We've been having the MT step into the fast conflag so that we can allow the healers to help DPS it, but it's risky because it might blow up with the MT inside.
Old 2014-02-03, 21:44   Link #1382
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Ugh , I hate PuGs for Coil turn 4, I feel like I have the fight perfectly down as a drg, but every time somewhere between 2nd and 3rd Dreadnaught either a tank or healer fails and we wipe in numerous different groups in this past week.

Though I got the belt off turn 1 today at least.

Edit: Then I get lucky, and found FC needing a dps sub for turn 4, joined and end-up one shooting it, and got my str ring.

Though now I need an EX primal drop in order to figure out my best myth upgrade this week .
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2014-02-03 at 23:06.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 01:03   Link #1383
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. It's working out fairly well, but I can't do it alone and a few of the other DPS are slow to switch to the fast conflag. We've been having the MT step into the fast conflag so that we can allow the healers to help DPS it, but it's risky because it might blow up with the MT inside.
Actually, if the party cannot down the fast conflag quickly enough, you might have problems with the dreadknights later. Another reason we got tanks to step into the conflag is that if timed well, they can totally avoid the Death Sentence attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Ugh , I hate PuGs for Coil turn 4, I feel like I have the fight perfectly down as a drg, but every time somewhere between 2nd and 3rd Dreadnaught either a tank or healer fails and we wipe in numerous different groups in this past week.

Though I got the belt off turn 1 today at least.

Edit: Then I get lucky, and found FC needing a dps sub for turn 4, joined and end-up one shooting it, and got my str ring.

Though now I need an EX primal drop in order to figure out my best myth upgrade this week .
Pugging for t4 and 5 is always a major headache. Especially for T5, try to get a static grp; even with all the video guides out there, it takes time for a grp to adjust and make changes to their rotation, formations etc to down t5.

The transition into the twister phase is always epic: "LOOK, A FLYING MONK!!!!"
Old 2014-02-04, 10:26   Link #1384
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Valentines day Event is male/female couples only to get the stuff. Sorry Syn.

If anyone on Bulmung needs to do it and can't find anyone, just PM me and I'll hop on.. might have to patch since I haven't been on in weeks.
Old 2014-02-04, 17:36   Link #1385
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...I've lost... OTL

My first dungeon defeat (time-out) ... At the hands (claws) of f**king dragons... OTL
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 18:23   Link #1386
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...I've lost... OTL

My first dungeon defeat (time-out) ... At the hands (claws) of f**king dragons... OTL
Ah let me guess Stone Vigil Final boss?

Yea I wiped on it 1st time I did it and I was with a FC member tank even...
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 20:33   Link #1387
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Valentines day Event is male/female couples only to get the stuff. Sorry Syn.

If anyone on Bulmung needs to do it and can't find anyone, just PM me and I'll hop on.. might have to patch since I haven't been on in weeks.
I traded my pure heart chocolate to a gay guy in my company. The heart shaped firework items are not gender-restricted, though!
Old 2014-02-05, 01:16   Link #1388
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Ah let me guess Stone Vigil Final boss?

Yea I wiped on it 1st time I did it and I was with a FC member tank even...
It's not only that, even the trash mobs were pretty hard hitting, especially the Elvis (Aveis) >_< I could usually tank up to 3 dungeon mobs no problem but these guys wipe the floor with me 0_0
Old 2014-02-05, 08:02   Link #1389
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I traded my pure heart chocolate to a gay guy in my company. The heart shaped firework items are not gender-restricted, though!

Cool I didn't have to get on!

I thought there would be a part where you need diffrent gender, just didn't think it would be so easy.

I guess I'm used to FFXI's events XD
Old 2014-02-05, 10:14   Link #1390
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Cool I didn't have to get on!

I thought there would be a part where you need diffrent gender, just didn't think it would be so easy.

I guess I'm used to FFXI's events XD
that hasn't stopped people from accusing SE of being homophobic because the chocolate type is tied to character gender.

I'm all for equality, but some people are just.... /sigh

but then again, that IS the official forum...

Quote:
It's not only that, even the trash mobs were pretty hard hitting, especially the Elvis (Aveis) >_< I could usually tank up to 3 dungeon mobs no problem but these guys wipe the floor with me 0_0
It may help if you position all of them to your front, as you can't block/parry attacks from the flank/rear, and obviously dodge the red aoe attacks.

Doing those, and assuming you're not massively in undergeared, it would be a healer issue.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 10:44   Link #1391
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Stone Vigil is the first dungeon that really starts hitting hard. If the tank loses hate on a monster for more than like 10 seconds someone will probably die. I died on the last pull (3 Aevis) with full cavalry set and popping all my buffs as a Warrior. Died the moment the healer tried doing anything except a physick on me. Before even any of the lightning ball aoes appeared X_X
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 11:31   Link #1392
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
that hasn't stopped people from accusing SE of being homophobic because the chocolate type is tied to character gender.

I'm all for equality, but some people are just.... /sigh

but then again, that IS the official forum...

It may help if you position all of them to your front, as you can't block/parry attacks from the flank/rear, and obviously dodge the red aoe attacks.

Doing those, and assuming you're not massively in undergeared, it would be a healer issue.
Yeaaaaaa the chocoletes are tied to gender. who should really be offended are we men. Why do we get "Bitter" ? Oh because men don't love. they showed that in the quests apparently. =\ lol

Aaanyway

Old 2014-02-05, 14:57   Link #1393
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Second attempt went a lot smoother, but it was still the longest time I've spent in a dungeon- about 70mins.

It's kinda obvious at this point but having a good group really makes all the difference, heck I've 3-manned the first boss and 1/3 of the dungeon till another dps showed up to speed up the process. Bless those Japanese players lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post

Yeah, I don't want to pull the cliche "It's the healer's fault!" but it might just be the healer's fault. My second try I didn't have nearly as much problem till the 3 Elvis group before the last boss.

On my part I might have been reckless with the pulls, on my second attempt I was using every precaution I've learned from WoW back in the days. But those Elvis are still painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Stone Vigil is the first dungeon that really starts hitting hard. If the tank loses hate on a monster for more than like 10 seconds someone will probably die. I died on the last pull (3 Aevis) with full cavalry set and popping all my buffs as a Warrior. Died the moment the healer tried doing anything except a physick on me. Before even any of the lightning ball aoes appeared X_X
Yeah, us Warriors don't have anything that helps deal with sudden burst of damage, we could only hope that the DPS kills one of them fast.
Old 2014-02-06, 02:26   Link #1394
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
You should have Inner Beast that reduces damage by 25% (?) but it requires 5 stacks of Wrath to activate.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 00:37   Link #1395
night_sentinel

Quote:
snip
Stone Vigil Woes? Tell me about it. Its a good thing that I'm not the only one having trouble with this dungeon. ^^

For me, its not the mobs though. I absolutely hate the bosses. In the second boss fight, RNG plainly hates me, the tornado keeps spawning near the cannons making it hard to shoot the add with it.

Though, its not as irritating as Titan. Out of all the party members, he just have to encase me in rock. Throughout the fight, he only encased me 3 out of the 4 times he does so. lol
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 04:11   Link #1396
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Stone Vigil Woes? Tell me about it. Its a good thing that I'm not the only one having trouble with this dungeon. ^^

For me, its not the mobs though. I absolutely hate the bosses. In the second boss fight, RNG plainly hates me, the tornado keeps spawning near the cannons making it hard to shoot the add with it.

Though, its not as irritating as Titan. Out of all the party members, he just have to encase me in rock. Throughout the fight, he only encased me 3 out of the 4 times he does so. lol
For the second boss, for that reason, its best if you do not stand behind a cannon, nor anywhere in a way such that the tornado will hit the cannon. (I have no idea how the tornado works...)

When I am on cannon duty in one of the runs (As a bard), I will usually stand a little bit to the left/right of the cannon. (And have no idea of that will work or not...

Wait till you see Hard mode... Or Extreme mode, for a ride.
Old 2014-02-08, 21:59   Link #1397
Dark Wing

I'm think about picking this up for my PS3 to feed my MMORPG fix.

What should I expect or the first thing i should do?
Old 2014-02-09, 18:30   Link #1398
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I'm think about picking this up for my PS3 to feed my MMORPG fix.

What should I expect or the first thing i should do?
You should expect constant Free Company (guild) invites from presumably-well-meaning people as long you don't have a FC indicator next to your character's name. (And also, to blacklist at least a few gold spammers every day.)

That aside, the game works quite well on the PS3, but you should probably make sure to have a USB keyboard if you don't already. I personally play the game on my PC but with a PS3 controller, and quite like it that way.
Old 2014-02-09, 20:35   Link #1399
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You should expect constant Free Company (guild) invites from presumably-well-meaning people as long you don't have a FC indicator next to your character's name. (And also, to blacklist at least a few gold spammers every day.)

That aside, the game works quite well on the PS3, but you should probably make sure to have a USB keyboard if you don't already. I personally play the game on my PC but with a PS3 controller, and quite like it that way.
yes I do indeed have a USB keyboard but can't I just use my mic to talk. Also is there any real notable difference between PC and PS3 versions?
Old 2014-02-09, 21:24   Link #1400
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
yes I do indeed have a USB keyboard but can't I just use my mic to talk. Also is there any real notable difference between PC and PS3 versions?
There is no voice chat built-in to this game; my friends and I use our laptops or apps on our phones/tablets (like Skype, or TeamSpeak, etc.).

On the PC you can push the graphics performance a bit higher if your computer can support it, and loading times (between zones, etc.) are a little bit faster... but otherwise, it's essentially the same. It's mostly just whether your PC can handle it and preference.

Tags
mmorpg