Spoiler for Alice and Asuna.:
Spoiler for Asuna and Kirito Aincrad:
bdim310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 21:05   Link #4863
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdim310 View Post
Spoiler for Asuna and Kirito Aincrad:
More like teeth-clenching comrades. Until the middle floors, their relationship isn't all that good. They didn't even become friends until much later.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 00:01   Link #4864
TypeR
Fate X Destiny

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt but have a question between Manga and LN. I just came across both the manga and LN at my local bookstore and I was wondering which one would be better in buying and keeping? I don't know how much the manga deviates from the LN, if someone should shed some light, that would be great. I keep thinking Manga seems to have more value because of all the drawings and stuff, cost is roughly the same.

Also, I'm hearing the Progressive LN and Manga is sort of like a reboot of the original, so should I wait for that instead? Kind of confused. Note that I have only a little bit of the LN translated by Baka Tsuki, currently on Phantom Bullet arc.

Thanks
Old 2014-08-31, 00:24   Link #4865
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
Hey guys, sorry to interrupt but have a question between Manga and LN. I just came across both the manga and LN at my local bookstore and I was wondering which one would be better in buying and keeping? I don't know how much the manga deviates from the LN, if someone should shed some light, that would be great. I keep thinking Manga seems to have more value because of all the drawings and stuff, cost is roughly the same.

Also, I'm hearing the Progressive LN and Manga is sort of like a reboot of the original, so should I wait for that instead? Kind of confused. Note that I have only a little bit of the LN translated by Baka Tsuki, currently on Phantom Bullet arc.

Thanks
Definitely the LN. It fleshs out some plot details, game mechanic, and battles that are not present in the anime and manga.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 08:26   Link #4866
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-31, 08:41   Link #4867
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Spoiler for Kirito and Asuna:
At least for the kiritoasuna part, I think the web ver. end is
Spoiler for is already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Spoiler for Alice:
Then you can consider kirito being the most impactful person on the personality-shaping progress on the current alice.

Quote:
More like teeth-clenching comrades. Until the middle floors, their relationship isn't all that good. They didn't even become friends until much later.

My personal feeling is that SAOProgressive are reauthoring and changing those fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler:
I don't think she have done that in volume 15 and/or web ver.

Quote:
Spoiler:
you can't compare emotional development in web ver. against book ver., progressive is something that not exist in web ver.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 11:27   Link #4868
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
you can't compare emotional development in web ver. against book ver., progressive is something that not exist in web ver.
To add to this, before Progressive was a thing, the canon was that Kirito and Asuna really only got to know each other around the Murder in the Safe Zone incident, and had never interacted much at all, outside of front lines clearing, before that. Them meeting on the first floor was a result of Progressive

The web novel follows this route as well, seeing as progressive never existed in the web novel.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 13:31   Link #4869
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I don't think she have done that in volume 15 and/or web ver.
I don't know about volume 15 but she does that in the web novel.
Old 2014-08-31, 14:12   Link #4870
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Where do you see such content in web novel? i cant read that out from here.
Old 2014-08-31, 14:12   Link #4871
bdim310

Quote:
Spoiler for Alice and Kirito:
Old 2014-08-31, 14:58   Link #4872
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Spoiler for Alice and Kirito:
Nor do i see changes.....
Old 2014-08-31, 15:11   Link #4873
bdim310

Quote:
Nor do i see changes.....
What do you mean? I live in the US so I can't really say what exactly happens in volume 15 of the LN. Can someone explain what changes, if any, have been made between the WN and the LN? I'm curious.
Old 2014-08-31, 16:54   Link #4874
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
To add to this, before Progressive was a thing, the canon was that Kirito and Asuna really only got to know each other around the Murder in the Safe Zone incident, and had never interacted much at all, outside of front lines clearing, before that. Them meeting on the first floor was a result of Progressive

The web novel follows this route as well, seeing as progressive never existed in the web novel.
The bit with Kirito and Asuna meeting before the first floor boss battle in Progressive is apparently a reworked version of a short story that the author had previously published online.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 19:13   Link #4875
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
The bit with Kirito and Asuna meeting before the first floor boss battle in Progressive is apparently a reworked version of a short story that the author had previously published online.
It's not.
He wrote it when he was asked to write something for the anime (though the anime had to cut stuff out cause it was too long) and it was released in a magazine.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 22:40   Link #4876
Darthtabby

Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
got my hand on dengeki bunko magazine issue 25 today there is alot of accelworld and SAO goodies.

+this issue have 2 seperated book, the normal mangazine and a "all in one book: Sao x accel world.
+the all in one book include:
-SAO manga Aincrad (end this month)
-SAO manga Fairydance (started this month - Sugaha is now formally know as miss fan service, there isn't any page she appear that people focus on her boob rather than the story itself.)
-SAO novel - Aria of the starless night
-SAO 4 koma.

-Accel World SS novel.
-Accel world Manga
-Accel world 4 koma.

A SAO and Accel World fest
It's indeed a SAO and AW fest. Looks like Dengeki is trying to increase the popularity of both series further more eh.

It's also a good thing that the book also includes Aria of the Starless Night since the anime will include that story though.
I haven't been able to find confirmation that Aria in the Starless Night was published as a web story, but to me the quoted post suggests that it was published in some form before it was published in Dengeki.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 09:24   Link #4877
Parousia

Sorry for the interruption, but I'm beginning to get curious on how the Alicization arcs ends. I know that you guys might recommend me to just read it but I have almost no spare time to do that. So can guys kindly put a small summary of it?

Also in regards to the Fluctlights, is there a method of expanding its lifespan without using the method of Administrator?

Oh and, (this question might be far from my topic but) Does the high output scan done by Kayaba that somehow made a copy of his conscience managed to show in the later story arcs?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm always curious about how or what happens in the end every time a new story begins. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Parousia; 2014-09-01 at 16:42.
Parousia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 09:31   Link #4878
HasuMasu
*Artist

Kayaba's scan was shown or rather its completion was: the STL.
Old 2014-09-01, 10:01   Link #4879
Parousia

What I meant in that question was, is his conscience was somehow put into use or rather appeared in the Underworld(or in other VRMMO) in the form of a Human with the appearance of Kayaba himself. Simply put, I wanted to know if his Fluctlight was able to go into VRMMOs.
Old 2014-09-01, 16:22   Link #4880
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Are you sure about that?

I haven't been able to find confirmation that Aria in the Starless Night was published as a web story, but to me the quoted post suggests that it was published in some form before it was published in Dengeki.
The time aria in the starless night sserialize on web is in-between early July and August 4 of year 2011.
SAO commercially published starting from year 2009.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
Sorry for the interruption, but I'm beginning to get curious on how the Alicization arcs ends. I know that you guys might recommend me to just read it but I have almost no spare time to do that. So can guys kindly put a small summary of it?
There are summary being made for the web version of this and it is linked in signature of someone in this thread.
Quote:
Also in regards to the Fluctlights, is there a method of expanding its lifespan without the using method of Administrator?
Cradinal's way.
Quote:
Oh and, (this question might be far from my topic but) Does the high output scan done by Kayaba that somehow made a copy of his conscience managed to show in the later story arcs?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm always curious about how or what happens in the end every time a new story begins. Thanks in advance.
More a reflection of it.
Quote:
What I meant in that question was, is his conscience was somehow put into use or rather appeared in the Underworld(or in other VRMMO) in the form of a Human with the appearance of Kayaba himself. Simply put, I wanted to know if his Fluctlight was able to go into VRMMOs.
From what I remember, it have not been made clear

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality