AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-07-13, 11:00   Link #61
grecefar

volume 11 is completed traslated so yeah... rei was awesome against the cuckoo and akari too at lastest chapter, man is going to be hell waiting for volume 12.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 16:40   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

vol 12 thoughts:

Kiriyama's kinda harsh on his teacher. He did take good care of him, so I feel Kiriyama underestimates his reliability score.
Elisabeth is so smart.
Wow, Raidou so doesn't deserve his wife.

I wonder who Kiriyama will settle on, for Akari's husband?

Noguchi's got a high potential, but for now, it's just potential. Hayashida's reliability score is too low (even though, like I said, I think Kiriyama graded too harshly). The shogi sempai are devoted, but maybe too much. He's looking for a partner (for Akari).

Nikaidou... We haven't seen his grades, but his probable health score has to be rock bottom. Even if Akari likes round things, the last thing she needs is another charge to nurse. (And the difference in social standing would be another source of stress.)

Shimada. Looks like it could be Shimada. Also a bit worrying on the health front, but Akari's cooking seemed to have soothed his stomach, so it could actually work out for both of them. And aside from that, his overall score has to be pretty high.

(But even if Kiriyama picks someone, it doesn't mean Akari will go along. Shimada's pretty scrawny.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 16:49   Link #63
Flower
In harmony with the flow

For now changing the title of the manga to match that of the anime thread airing this and next season (Fall 2016 - Winter 2017).

Hopefully this will make it easier for those unfamiliar with the source to find the manga thread.
Old 2016-11-03, 15:22   Link #64
grecefar

I liked that the former kiryuu although he lost his title, he recovered his family and for me it was the best moment of the volume 12.
Old 2016-11-13, 15:11   Link #65
Alucard396

3 gatsu no lion

I have a couple of questions before I start the series if you don't mind please

1. Does rei get raped by kyoko?

2. Will rei get together with Akari?
Alucard396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 18:00   Link #66
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard396 View Post

1. Nop

2. And Nop.
Old 2016-11-30, 12:10   Link #67
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard396 View Post

1: Unless I missed something in the translation, the past event is never elaborated upon; something happened, but what it was isn't clear. Probably not to the point of rape though, considering what I've seen of her.
2: Definitely no. A certain other individual quickly takes the spotlight, with actions and words that hit him much deeper and experiences that move him to feelings of gratitude, admiration, and a lasting desire to keep her near and protect her. Sadly, unless they change their pacing or make some cuts the anime is going to stop immediately before this character really starts to shine.

EDIT: Following the series in Young Animal. If I understand the most recent chapter right, we're getting into one of the biggest reasons Akari's never had a serious romance, potentially as big as or bigger than her dedication to her sisters if you ask me. Specifically, the problem would be her father. This isn't really all that strange, it's one of the potential ways that divorce or bad marital relationships can have a negative impact on children: their first and most thorough exposure to romantic relationships, particularly long term relationships involving serious commitment and an ability to depend on one another, is through their parents. If their parents are always fighting, refuse to depend on one another or step in when needed, or put an end to the relationship quickly or bitterly, this creates a very negative image of what serious romance is like. It must be hard for Akari to imagine actually getting serious about a man and pursuing a real future when she was raised by a father who never thought of anything besides his own convenience. Even if she believes in the man, there could always be that doubt that this good guy could someday sour and hurt her the way her father hurt her mother. Frankly, it's fortunate for Hina and Momo that they were so young when this happened, as they don't really have the same degree of exposure. Here's hoping that one of the frontrunners is able to convince her. At least one knows really well just what she's been through, as he helped dig out all the facts for Rei. Here's hoping he'll find a way to convince her that he for one is not like that...

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2017-02-04 at 12:18.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, shogi