AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-12, 13:04   Link #21
Frontier

Yes! Siluril lives! Mitama managed to revive all the killed villagers! What a pint-sized, powerful, God !

I guess I shouldn't be surprised there's barely any new animation in the Opening, but at least the song is pleasant to listen too .

Putting panties on a God! Though Alural's more concerned about the idea that Yukito is into little girls rather than her, though Mitama isn't possessive enough of Yukito that she shuns Alural's love for him .

I didn't expect Roy to become a hardcore and desperate pervert for Mitama, but I guess there's no going back for his character at this point .

Everything should be okay! Yukito has Mitama on their side, and nothing the Empire can throw at them can hurt a God! Except Mitama has no worshippers in this world so she barely has any power. Not even Yukito really worships her. Okay, they're kind of screwed .

Well, of course Roy is their first worshipper, he's having very sexual fantasies for Mitama and will take the brunt of any pain in his fervent (and kind of creepy) loyalty towards her .

Okay, maybe a God isn't the best choice to promote herself as a God...not that Yukito quite knows what he's doing either. Poor Alural was about to chop her boobs off for fear that Yukito only liked them small .

Oh no, not Chichiril! He may look so out of place but he's too cute to die! Luckily Roy was good for something and Mitama can still heal him, which lands her Alural and Siluril as worshippers !

And before Mitama can go too mad with power, she can at least revive all the soldiers she killed...except now instead of a Bishonen soldier, Bertrand has become a hot naked chick. From Junishi Suwabe to Miyu Tomita. Okay, I can see the improvement :naught:.

The Ending is pretty cute, leaning into the 8-bit style complete with an Akarin song .
Old 2023-04-12, 16:50   Link #22
grecefar

yeah, this is so much fun.

mitama is hilarious.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-12, 18:46   Link #23
magnuskn

I guess this ain't working too well for me, it's a touch too weird. Ah, well.
Old 2023-04-12, 20:48   Link #24
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This is funny in light of the One-Hit Kill Sister anime coming out this season .
Vinland Saga's muscle bound older sister got her own fan manga.

It raises a question. Why the Deity of the body building cult does not have muscles? Even the protagonist shows his muscles in the anime.

The Deity has a weakness. She doesn't have followers in isekai. Her first follower has problem in his head.

I wonder why anime has sexy jokes. I remember the manga doesn't have sexy jokes until much later.

Last edited by scififan; 2023-04-27 at 03:30.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-12, 21:16   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahh yes, the perfect way to start the episode.
An OP that consists of one horrible 3D object and a bunch of reused shots from the actual anime

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-12, 21:48   Link #26
stray
Classic Yandere

The pixel art is kinda neat but the CG is embarrassingly bad. I might give it another episode for the cast but I can't see myself going the distance with this series.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 13:09   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While the CG is pretty bad, the rest of the show is so good that I can't care much about that. Mostly since...there's only a little CG and the rest really does look solid. Also it's kind of entertainingly bad. Like they dropped PS2 CG creature into the anime for no reason.

Plus...I'm liking the cast. Mitama is pretty fun. She's all about Yukito, but also had nice little moments such as being happy that someone is in love with him. Because she knows as much as anyone how miserable his life had been on Earth.

Alural fits in with the absolute insanity of the cast. Everyone is extreme in just the right way for it to be funny. She's momentarily depressed over Yukito potentially being a lolicon, but bounces back. Roy...oh boy he had an awakening in the best/worst way. Absolutely loving people treating him like worthless trash .

And the whole follower thing makes for an interesting difficulty setting. She could be the most OP thing on the planet, but she needs belief for it to happen. And there's good challenge to it. Since it requires legitimate belief. Something hard for Yukito and obviously difficult in a world that's never had religious belief. But if they get there...oh boy. We know what she can do from the first episode.
Old 2023-04-13, 19:29   Link #28
Alchemist007
*Author

I like the craziness, since that's about what the show has going for it. Reminds me of Ningen Fushin with the budget too.
Old 2023-04-19, 12:11   Link #29
Frontier

If I had a nickel for every time Miyu Tomita played a guy transformed into a girl through magic and into a total knockout who gets stuck in plenty of fanservice situations...I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's strange it's happened twice .

Well, the Empire won't take Bertrand back because they won't believe he's now a woman, so I guess he/she doesn't have a choice but throw her lot in with Yukito and company, especially after he saves her from a pervy Roy. Just the way Yukito planned it .

Yukito knows how to run a cult! He can't rely on people understanding what a God is or Mitama to do, well, anything so he'll just make it so their religion provides stuff people need so they'll join up. Need protection? That's what Bertrand is for! Need booze? Become a believer! Need a pot? Become a believer! It's pretty devious and effective .

I guess they couldn't resist putting Bertrand into maid outfits that get progressively more skimpy and provocative as the episode goes along, meanwhile she's stuck having to deal with Bertrand. I almost feel bad for her, much as I enjoy the view .

Looks like the main threat of our protagonists is the Empire's Archons. Do they have any hope of stopping them with Mitama's current power level? Seems like their only choice is roping in the other isolation villages .

Is it just me or does Loki's voice sound like Megumi Ogata? Who is also playing Clen...huh, wasn't Loki able to change genders, come to think of it ?

I love how the religion's committee is formed with the only people in the village who have actual brain cells. Okay, sure, Siluril is a lady drunk but she's aso the most relatively normal person of the whole group. Also Chichirl is there as the committee idol because of course .

Looks like Yukito has turned the village into a modern farming village complete with hoses and vehicles! Just in time for this loli Archon to show up and see what all the fuss is about .
Old 2023-04-19, 12:57   Link #30
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Is it just me or does Loki's voice sound like Megumi Ogata? Who is also playing Clen...huh, wasn't Loki able to change genders, come to think of it ?
Yep, thought the same.

We going the Dr. Stone route.
Old 2023-04-19, 17:10   Link #31
grecefar

lol so much suffering for bertrand, abandoned by the emipire and became a woman. Then the sisters using her for their outfits that I'm pretty sure yukito has been giving them ideas since they too modern for their world. Then she became a masochist...

I'm loving this anime.
Old 2023-04-19, 19:57   Link #32
Strahan

Their tech increase may not help them offensively with the empire, but it probably saved all their lives. Archon chick is inquisitive, as she kept Bertrand to study so I imagine she'll be a bit hesitant to wipe the village off the face of the map. At least, until she studies it heh

I'm an LGBTQ ally, just not a member so I feel a little weird lusting after Bertrand, lol. He may be in a female body but is still a man inside. But daaaayum, they made her hot hehe

Spoiler:
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-19, 22:14   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Truly Bertrand is paying for the sin of killing Yukito in full. Got a gender flip, abandoned by the Empire, and basically turned into the village's slave . My goodness, what a ride this show is. Though honestly things might turn out ok if Atar actually does take Bertrand back to the Empire. Since Bertrand's identity can be confirmed...might get his job back. Although probably not since Atar seems set to get converted to the "good guy's" side sooner or later.

Seems likely that Clen is Loki or is connected to Loki. Why else would Loki have bought time and prevented Atar from fulfilling her job of going to wipe out that village? Had to know what is going on there. And the fact that she's arrived in the village should represent that preparations to handle her are completed.

I'm not really sure what good unleashing a technological revolution on that society will do to deal with someone that can blow up mountains, but let's see. Maybe it will just work as a way to keep them too valuable to kill. At least worth investigating before taking things too far.

The long term goal would seem to be gathering the other villages under their banner and gathering followers that way. But we'll see how it goes. One problem of Yukito's style would seem to be the quality of believers. If they are joining the religion for those reasons they aren't really believing much in Mitama. That they count as believers is a bit of a stretch, but even with them counting it may not provide that much of a power boost. At least not compared to those that actually have some belief in what Mitama is capable of.
Old 2023-04-26, 12:18   Link #34
Frontier

If you want to get followers, the best way to do so is to give them modern conveniences (and fanservice!). And the best way to facilitate that is Yukito draining Mitama dry as she creates thing after thing. She does recover after she gets new believers, but still. Though I can't argue with Yukito's results .

That Roy head super-imposed on the harvester with the Akari Kito (?) insert song...I can't even .

Girls in swimsuits! Siluril in a bikini! Alural in a one-piece that shows off her generous curves, boobs, and back! Truly bringing culture to this modern world and exposing how much Siluril wants to dress her sister up in sexy cosplay! And I approve .

Roy really has become the horny degenerate of the show. He's either losing too much blood, having Siluril straight up murder him for not keeping his hands to himself, or his only takeaway from the Archon trying to kill them is that she's practically naked .

Bunny Girl Siluril and Alural! Can I sign up to the Mitama religion and it's exclusive perks already !?

Clen almost gave the game away, but I guess "his" formerly working with the Empire before moving to the isolation camp was true enough .

Is that Aoi Yuki as Atar? She knows how to voice dangerous loli's .

Poor Betrand gets practically stripped naked and gotten water poured on them...though it is quite the view .

Loli vs loli as Mitama battles Atar! Mitama has power but is still limited in what she can do even with all the followers they've gained up to this point, and Atar's energy seems limitless. Also of course when she shows off her true power she strips her jacket off to show off her basically naked body .

Mitama pulling out all the stops for Yukito! Even summoning all the other Gods! Who...then bail on her because they see she doesn't have enough followers. Yeah, they're screwed .

What is it with this show and dudes turning into hot babes? But yeah, Clen is Loki, and it looks like she (they?) plans to use Yukito and Mitama to kill the empire. Is this connected to the Archon who betrayed the group ?
Old 2023-04-26, 14:01   Link #35
grecefar

And I just thought this was only a comedy... man what a chapter.
Old 2023-04-27, 03:21   Link #36
scififan

I stopped following the story after Archon encountered tractors. I thought the village is doomed, but it turned out fine.

Mitama constantly calls herself almighty, and she is associated with soil/earth. Even she is one of the most ancient among 8 million Japanese gods, they kinda look down on her when she calls for their help.

Atar is the new enemy and first Achron who attacks the village. Achron means human ruler in Greek, and the origin of the word Gnosticism. Atar is derived from Persian fire god of Zoroastrian.

Loki is another Achron who can change his gender, as Ranma 1/2 of mythology. The name is famous since it is been used frequently by different anime shows.
Old 2023-04-29, 00:26   Link #37
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Love Loki, hoping that he is going all Komaeda all over the cast.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-03, 12:12   Link #38
Frontier

I almost kind of feel bad for Atar getting "stabbed" and then handcuffed by her own comrade...and it's all downhill for her from there. Also Bertrand is handcuffed too, because why not throw in some more bondage ?

I guess this is the first time the OP has had all new footage just because they're playing it over the actual events of the show !

So Yukito and co. finally confront the Emperor...except there never was an Emperor, it was all some computer AI that basically took over after he died and have been running a cold, clinical, population control this whole time. Like a Wizard of Oz type deal, complete with Mitama destroying the magic and then shocking herself .

That's not even the end of it. This was never an Isekai, Mitama just carried out Yukito's wish by plucking him to a point in time on Earth where there were no Gods like he asked. Yukito frikkin time-traveled !

At least Yukito knows better than to trust Loki and wants to know why she's doing this...I guess living in a society of order and death, to the point where humans become lower or less humane than insects, could sour anyone who looked too deeply into it. At least the people in the Isolation Camps are actually alive, even if Roy was still a horny degenerate .

And then Yukito shows up...and then Mitama shows up...and Clen becomes marveled at what they're able to achieve and the power Mitama has at her finger tips, the power of a God that is worshipped. Powerful enough that she was able to see Clen was a woman the whole time .

Gotta appreciate Siluril imagining her sister in a bikini getting wine poured on her and still trying to hook her sis and Yukito up .

So Loki basically has a God complex now and she and the other Archons (except for Atar) are planning to become Gods and gain the power that comes with that. And Yukito knows this isn't going to end well, so I guess it's a real God vs the Archon Gods .
Old 2023-05-03, 13:45   Link #39
scififan

The biggest revelation of the story is Yukito is not in isekai. Mitama reveals she transport Yukito to the future. Because Yukito wished a life in the world without religion, Mitama heard about his wish. She had difficulty to find this world, but she finally finds it after looking into future. So, Yukito is transported to ten thousand years ahead. The world is already destroyed once.

After hearing truth, Yukito reasons that ending empire's control can save the village. He also has to make Mitama stronger, in anticipation of future conflict.

After reviewing the throne room's database, Loki found out other Archon names are Takini and Gaia. I have a theory why these named are picked. Mitama is 国之常立神 is one of the first born deities in Japanese mythology. Kojiki refers Mitama as "first man/person". This deity is said born with cheerful attitude. . The deity is associated with geography/earth. Gaia somehow fits the description. Takini was said to introduce to Japan in the period of famine. So, she was known as the god of or agriculture and abundance. So, she has close association with Inari Okami, the rice and agriculture god of Japan. Both Takini and Inari have fox tales from Japanese folklore, so their worships became the fusion in Japan. The Indian mythology of Takini also associates the god/daemon of sexuality. It could be the material of future jokes.

Last edited by scififan; 2023-05-03 at 14:00.
Old 2023-05-03, 17:27   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I kind of feel bad for Atar. She was literally the only one that was truly loyal to the Empire . Wow. That's got to be as hard a hit as finding out the truth of the Empire itself. She's literally the only one.

I kind of wonder what they'll do with Atar going forward. She's certainly got no desire to become a God herself. But the way of life that has always been doesn't seem possible to maintain or get back either. The obvious turn would be her joining up with Yukito and company. But I'm not sure what she'd actually get out of that. I guess there'd be some direction for her life going forward, but that's about it.

Good reveal though. I didn't expect that it was a time travel situation. Though I guess the results are almost the same. I know Yukito was upset, but Mitama really did fulfill his wish. She worked hard and found a place and time that would fulfill his wishes. She's not playing around with him and honestly wants to make him happy. In that sense it's all the more sad that he seems to be the last person that will actually become her follower. Despite pushing for her to be the god of this world...he doesn't truly believe in her himself.

The battle to beat out the other Archons and make Mitama into the true God of the world begins now. Because these Archons can gain power in the same way it will be a race against time.

Tags
comedy, fantasy