AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-06, 16:46   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ran to Haiiro no Sekai(Ran and the Gray World)

Categories: comedy, drama, fantasy, romance, seinen, slice of life, supernatural
Author/Artist: Aki Irie

Synopsis
Quote:
Meet the Urumas, a slightly dysfunctional family of four sorcerers. Mom, being the most powerful sorceress around, works away from home keeping the world safe. Dad picks up the slack and takes care of the family. Except when he's out, which is when the older brother Jin finds himself in the unenviable position of keeping tabs on his sister Ran. And Ran, the youngest, is a willful girl with too much power and too little wisdom. Let's take a look at Ran's everyday misadventures, shall we?
Read the first chapter a good while back and really liked the art style, so after I spotted it on MU, decided to read the whole thing; and what a read it was! There're so many aspects to this manga I don't even know where to start D0=.

The first couple of chapters deals with pretty much as stated in the synopsis; the naive little girl, Ran, that has immense magical power(and when I say "magical power", think Bewitched )gets into something, usually because she uses magic to grow older, with her brother stepping in to "save" her before she gets herself into more trouble. After that, it expands its scope; supernatural elements, some romantic elements, all the while showcasing it in a sort of slice-of-life style of storytelling. Ran's personality is simply dazzling, all the while retaining the mindset of a 10-year old girl. Just something about her makes me LOVE her character (^,^)! The supporting cast all have their own moments in the spotlight, but none develop all too much except one over the course of several volumes. What does develop is akin to what one would expect in a slice-of-life read; very subtle, but potent changes.

Spoiler for pedo disclamer/ no spoilers:

Spoiler for up to chp 35:

Spoiler for Hibi and Ran:

Spoiler for other minor things I liked:

Wow, kinda overdid it. In any case, its a good manga to me, even though it misses in some places, overall, the entertaining and variety of good characters make up for it.

Last edited by frubam; 2014-04-06 at 17:05.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 23:14   Link #2
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chp 44:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 11:48   Link #3
IAmAsianNoob

New chapter full of cuteness
IAmAsianNoob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags