AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-11, 12:29   Link #1721
Amray

Imagine young Sakura and young Naruto as a couple. Haha, I can foresee many irritated and aggravated people within the hidden leaf village....which would probably end up not being hidden anymore due to lots of load shouting. They act like a married couple as it is anyway. They would either be non-stop rowing with eachother, or joining as one to annoy other people to an extreme level. No offense to Sakura, I actually really like her as a character.
Old 2008-08-11, 13:43   Link #1722
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Sakura won't pair with Naruto. Sakura will pair with me!
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
Old 2008-08-11, 13:50   Link #1723
Amray

As long as we can all agree that I get Tsukasa Hiiragi, then I don't care.
Old 2008-08-12, 12:52   Link #1724
APastelPainting

This might be long, but it's worth reading

That long essay by Dragon007 or whatever was well put together and had a lot of evidence for NaruSaku. Here's my support:

1. Naruto is full of parallels. I agree that the three legendary sannin were recreated in sasuke, naruto and sakura. And I agree that Naruto = Jiraya, and I can see why they would think NaruSaku couldn't happen since JirTsu didn't. But, I think NaruSaku will happen since Naruto isn't like Jiraya in regards to women. In the first Shippuden episode, when Sakura asks Naruto if he thinks shes become more womanly, he says she hasn't changed a bit, which prompts Jiraya to say "You don't know women at all". Later on in Shippuden, Naruto was going to peek at Sakura in the hot springs as Jiraya supposedly did when he was young, but Naruto doesn't go through with it because of Yamato's warning. I think these basic and subtle differences of how Naruto has approached Sakura and how Jiraya did with Tsunade will be the reason why NaruSaku happens even though JirTsu didn't.

Also, for those who claim that Sakura's love for Naruto is more like a sis/bro love, I can see why you would say that, but it doesn't make sense with what happens. Naruto has asked Sakura on two dates so far in Shippuden I believe. The first time she said OK, as long as he paid, and the second time she had a legitimate reason in they were supposed to wait for word from Tsunade. Before the time skip, Sakura would have flat out rejected Naruto if he had asked her, but in Part II Sakura has grown to like him more and is ok with going on a date with him. As far as I know, you wouldn't go on a date with someone you consider a brother. And I know this has already been mentioned, but there was the part where Naruto went four tails and Yamato was about to say Sakura you love him or something along those lines before Naruto woke up.

As for NaruHina, I don't think it's likely they will happen, but it's possible. Since they have few interactions other than in fillers, it doesn't seem likely that they will get together. However, I feel that the Asuma Kurenai relationship developed without much interaction that we saw so it could happen with NaruHina. The only problem with that theory is that Naruto is the main character, so there can't be too much happening with him that we don't see on screen.

For those who believe in SasuSaku, I can only see this relationship happening if Sasuke returns to the Leaf. Until/If he does, it will be NaruSaku. I see the love Sakura had for Sasuke kind of like that one with a high school senior and a lower classmen. As the senior heads towards college, he might still love the lower classmen. But as the new college freshmen spends more time with someone new from college, and less with his previous love, the more the senior gravitates toward the new person than the old. Same with Sakura. The more time she spends with Naruto and is away from Sasuke, the more she is going to like Naruto and forget about her feelings for Sasuke. I'm not saying she will totally forget her feelings for Sasuke, in fact, I think it would be kind of interesting if NaruSaku did happen, and then Sasuke comes back, and Sakura starts to go back towards Sasuke. I know people said that Naruto would be happy for Sakura if she got with Sasuke because he just wants her to be happy, but I feel like if he was with Sakura, and then she left him, he wouldn't just stand aside. It would bring a whole new dimension to the NaruSasu rivalry.

Anyway, this is all mere speculation, and any relationships with Naruto in it are far from happening. I think if I was in Kishi's shoes, I wouldn't pair Naruto up with anyone until the end of the series since he doesn't want to lose the NaruHina or NaruSaku base should he chose one of the other.
Old 2008-08-12, 21:24   Link #1725
Palerogue
SasuSaku Forever!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APastelPainting View Post
That long essay by Dragon007 or whatever was well put together and had a lot of evidence for NaruSaku. Here's my support:

1. Naruto is full of parallels. I agree that the three legendary sannin were recreated in sasuke, naruto and sakura. And I agree that Naruto = Jiraya, and I can see why they would think NaruSaku couldn't happen since JirTsu didn't. But, I think NaruSaku will happen since Naruto isn't like Jiraya in regards to women. In the first Shippuden episode, when Sakura asks Naruto if he thinks shes become more womanly, he says she hasn't changed a bit, which prompts Jiraya to say "You don't know women at all". Later on in Shippuden, Naruto was going to peek at Sakura in the hot springs as Jiraya supposedly did when he was young, but Naruto doesn't go through with it because of Yamato's warning. I think these basic and subtle differences of how Naruto has approached Sakura and how Jiraya did with Tsunade will be the reason why NaruSaku happens even though JirTsu didn't.

Also, for those who claim that Sakura's love for Naruto is more like a sis/bro love, I can see why you would say that, but it doesn't make sense with what happens. Naruto has asked Sakura on two dates so far in Shippuden I believe. The first time she said OK, as long as he paid, and the second time she had a legitimate reason in they were supposed to wait for word from Tsunade. Before the time skip, Sakura would have flat out rejected Naruto if he had asked her, but in Part II Sakura has grown to like him more and is ok with going on a date with him. As far as I know, you wouldn't go on a date with someone you consider a brother. And I know this has already been mentioned, but there was the part where Naruto went four tails and Yamato was about to say Sakura you love him or something along those lines before Naruto woke up.

As for NaruHina, I don't think it's likely they will happen, but it's possible. Since they have few interactions other than in fillers, it doesn't seem likely that they will get together. However, I feel that the Asuma Kurenai relationship developed without much interaction that we saw so it could happen with NaruHina. The only problem with that theory is that Naruto is the main character, so there can't be too much happening with him that we don't see on screen.

For those who believe in SasuSaku, I can only see this relationship happening if Sasuke returns to the Leaf. Until/If he does, it will be NaruSaku. I see the love Sakura had for Sasuke kind of like that one with a high school senior and a lower classmen. As the senior heads towards college, he might still love the lower classmen. But as the new college freshmen spends more time with someone new from college, and less with his previous love, the more the senior gravitates toward the new person than the old. Same with Sakura. The more time she spends with Naruto and is away from Sasuke, the more she is going to like Naruto and forget about her feelings for Sasuke. I'm not saying she will totally forget her feelings for Sasuke, in fact, I think it would be kind of interesting if NaruSaku did happen, and then Sasuke comes back, and Sakura starts to go back towards Sasuke. I know people said that Naruto would be happy for Sakura if she got with Sasuke because he just wants her to be happy, but I feel like if he was with Sakura, and then she left him, he wouldn't just stand aside. It would bring a whole new dimension to the NaruSasu rivalry.

Anyway, this is all mere speculation, and any relationships with Naruto in it are far from happening. I think if I was in Kishi's shoes, I wouldn't pair Naruto up with anyone until the end of the series since he doesn't want to lose the NaruHina or NaruSaku base should he chose one of the other.
I can see where you are coming from. I know that in manga life anything is possible I am a SasuSaku fan and I also see the parallel between the legendary sannin. I just think in the end NarutoSakuraSasuke will succeed where JiriayaTsunadeOrochimaru failed. I do agree if Sasuke does not come back then there is no chance for SasuSaku, but I do not think that Sasuke will stay away.
I like NaruHina because they compliment each other the same way SasuSaku do. They are the complete opposites so they can fill in the blanks for the other.
Ok here is my tangent...
Many people talk about how Sasuke should die and I really have a hard time believing that Kishi would dedicate so much to his character to just kill him off. But I am not Kishi. But I know if he is to die then it better be Naruto or Sakura that does it. But I hope not! I really believe that deep down Sasuke is a kind hearted person, I mean look at him before the tragedy, he was so sweet. Well that was my tangent.

SasuSaku & NaruHina Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-08-13, 01:48   Link #1726
APastelPainting

While I was reading some past pages in this thread, I stumbled upon some people who thought that Naruto won't be able to become Hokage because he will still want to go on missions. I don't really remember what this had to do with NaruSaku happening or not happening but whatever.

Anyway, Naruto will become Hokage because he won't want to still go on missions after he rescues Sasuke. In the first encounter with Sasuke in Shippuden, Kishi decided to include saving Sasuke as something Naruto needs to accomplish before he can become Hokage. And if you think about it, ever since Sasuke left, Naruto complains about any mission he receives if it doesn't involve getting Sasuke back. Therefore, once he gets Sasuke back, he won't absolutely need to go on any more missions, unless he is requested to, which frees him to be Hokage.

Also, to further "disprove" that Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke are destined to end up like Jiraya, Tsunade and Oro is as follows. There is no indication anywhere that Tsunade had a crush on Oro like Sakura did (and possibly still does) on Sasuke. Also, it doesn't seem that Oro got along with Jiraya and Tsunade as much as Sasuke does with Naruto and Sakura.

Also when looking at previous posts, I saw some people were against NaruSaku because they didn't like the idea of pink haired boys/girls walking around or something like their color styles conflicted.

Spoiler for Naruto's Parents:

Last edited by APastelPainting; 2008-08-13 at 02:07. Reason: More info
Old 2008-08-13, 09:27   Link #1727
aiko_chan
in moderation

Send a message via MSN to aiko_chan
I'm for SasuSaku all the way.
But after discovering an interview with Masashi Kishimoto in one of the issues of Shounen Jump, I think i just headdesked more than a trillion times.

Spoiler for Link to Interview:

I really would like to stab something right now.

Anybody wanna help confirming/dis-confirming it this? Would be greatly appreciated

I'd prefer any, ANY other person Naruto ends up with than this.

Last edited by aiko_chan; 2008-08-13 at 09:59.
Old 2008-08-13, 09:46   Link #1728
X_Danny_X

man, that cant be true. it says that Kishi is gay/bi if it is true, lol wanting to do something with that high school kid. nah, someone has to be pulling strings, it was taking from some girl that comes from NaruSasu planet world??? LOL too much accusation and assumptions there.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-08-13 at 09:57.
Old 2008-08-13, 09:53   Link #1729
aiko_chan
in moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
man, that cant be true, it says that Kishi is gay/bi then if it is true, lol wanting to do something with that high school kid. nah, someone has to be pulling strings, it was taking from some girl that comes from NaruSasu planet world??? LOL

I'm hoping it's not
AND the original poster from DA does seem to be for SasuNaru hardcore.
Maybe I'll go check some other things out and dig in deeper.

Last edited by aiko_chan; 2008-08-13 at 10:05.
Old 2008-08-13, 10:36   Link #1730
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Will Naruto eventually get with Sakura?

Well, I hope not. It's beyond "not being interested", for most of the series Sakura couldn't even bring herself to treat Naruto as a fellow human being. Always pointing out how big of a failure he is, he is an idiot, he is ugly, etc... Sakura can go to hell with Sasuke, Naru x Hina all the way.
Old 2008-08-13, 11:00   Link #1731
Julao

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Well, I hope not. It's beyond "not being interested", for most of the series Sakura couldn't even bring herself to treat Naruto as a fellow human being. Always pointing out how big of a failure he is, he is an idiot, he is ugly, etc... Sakura can go to hell with Sasuke, Naru x Hina all the way.
Yeah if you only watch part I, but in Part II its different.....

read this http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1546
Old 2008-08-13, 22:23   Link #1732
aiko_chan
in moderation

After reading through parts of this thread I've kinda noticed that a fair number of people say that NaruSaku can't happen solely based on comments like:

"Hinata is too cute to end up alone"
"Sakura's annoying - Hinata's way better and hotter!"

For me, it's guaranteed that very little cases of unrequited love will be returned by the end of the series and I don't think Hinata would be an exception just because of those above reasons.
Old 2008-08-14, 05:51   Link #1733
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiko_chan View Post
But after discovering an interview with Masashi Kishimoto in one of the issues of Shounen Jump, I think i just headdesked more than a trillion times.

Anybody wanna help confirming/dis-confirming it this? Would be greatly appreciated

....You GOT to be fucking kidding me...

If this happens, not only would I be sorely disappointed I will pretend I have never followed the series................ This has GOT to be a fangirl joke... It just has to be...<.<
Old 2008-08-14, 09:44   Link #1734
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:

To me that just reinforces this picture:

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-08-14, 10:23   Link #1735
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julao View Post
Yeah if you only watch part I, but in Part II its different.....

read this http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1546
I believe Naruto will end up with Sakura too, but simply because Kishimoto seems to have forgotten all about the rest of the characters he created. The story now consists of Team7 and Akatsuki... But about your post, you may be overthinking... She went from treating him like a leper to being minimally cordial / friendly, nothing more than that. Obviously she thinks more about him now, they have been through a lot together. But I really don't see any romantic interest... She doesn't blush when thinking about him, nor does she hesitate to insult or hit him whenever she feels he deserves. She also turns him down without a thought every time he asks her out, not showing any signs of being the least flattered. And she can't possibly have any doubts about his feeling for her, he's been hitting on her since she first appeared in the story. She would have to be even more dense than Naruto not to notice it... The only reason I may be pulling for them to get together is Naruto, he deserves it. She is really an ungrateful bitch.

I'm hoping for NaruHina, but I know that if we will see any couple at all in the end it will probably be NaruSaku, sadly.
Old 2008-08-14, 10:25   Link #1736
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
She also turns him down without a thought every time he asks her out, not showing any signs of being the least flattered.
The only time he actually asked her, she said yes.
Old 2008-08-14, 11:22   Link #1737
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan

Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
Quote:

OMG!!!! noo id want naruto 2 be gay noooo...i'm goin 2 die , i sooo hope it's NOT true, that would ruin the whole anime 4 me. why does kishi have 2 b gay , i had a feelin but ..why?! and that pic of kishi and sasu is probaly him daydreamin.i hope it's made up i'm goin 2 post this link 2 have someone disprove it.

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:22   Link #1738
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:

Don't worry. It's not true. It has made the rounds in SasuNaru communities and other boards since early in the year. The original story is that Kishimoto made these comments at something called ExpoAnime in the U.S. to a group of fans. The person who made it up wrote in Spanish and then it was translated as proof that Kishimoto loves yaoi and will end the manga with Sasuke and Naruto together. Of course it's garbage.

1. There is no ExpoAnime. There is an AnimeExpo and Kishimoto has never appeared there.
2. Most of the fake interview is a twist of words on Kishimoto's other interviews. Kishimoto has said he has an ending for Naruto. In the fake interview Kishimoto says Naruto will end with a Shounen-ai ending. Yeah right.
3. Kishimoto has stated there is a love triangle with Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura. Naruto loves Sakura who loves Sasuke. The fake says there is a love circle with Sasuke loving Naruto back.
4. The fake says Kishi based Sasuke on a boy he loved in High School. Unfortunately, the person who wrote this fake, never bothered to look at the history of Sasuke's creation. He was never intended to be part of cast and it was Kishi's editors who suggested the character.

Spoiler for Sasuke's Creation and conception:

5. Kishimoto has never stated he has a favorite pairing. Do these SasuNaru fans honestly believe that this usually shy and private guy would talk about fanfics and doujinshi? That this married guy who is a father would say his favorite pairing is two 15 year old boys and he collects stuff of it?

The majority of Sasuke x Naruto fans know that a boys shonen would never have the two male mains hook up so it's pointless to hope for it. The are just happy with the fanservice this couple gets and write their fanfics and draw their fanart.

But there is a small militant segment of SasuNaru fans who believe their couple has to become canon. Sasuke and Naruto must become the official couple. They say things like death to Sakura and Hinata! These are the ones who make silly stuff like this up.

Last edited by DeDe; 2008-08-14 at 12:37.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:27   Link #1739
ani_d

Quote:

I can't stop laughing I actually like Sakura a lot and I want her to be paired with either Sasuke and Naruto, but if you think about it, this interview does make sense. More than the love 'circle' between Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke, the one that's been highlighted in the series is Sasuke and Naruto's bond.

Even if that's so, I don't think Naruto and Sasuke are going to be gay. He's probably thinking more along the lines of a real man to man friendship than an all out shounen-ai thing. Since every fan wants Sasuke to come back to Konoha, that's probably the last thing Kishi will do in the series to keep everyone glued.

*edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Don't worry. It's not true. It has made the rounds in SasuNaru communities and other boards since early in the year. The original story is that Kishimoto made these comments at something called ExpoAnime in the U.S. to a group of fans. The person who made it up wrote in Spanish and then it was translated as proof that Kishimoto loves yaoi and will end the manga with Sasuke and Naruto together. Of course it's garbage.
Oh, thank goodness for this lol
Old 2008-08-14, 12:36   Link #1740
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post

1. There is no ExpoAnime. There is an AnimeExpo and Kishimoto has never appeared there.
2. Most of the fake interview is a twist of words on Kishimoto's other interviews. Kishimoto has said he has an ending for Naruto. In the fake interview Kishimoto says Naruto will end with a Shounen-ai ending. Yeah right.
3. Kishimoto has stated there is a love triangle with Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura. Naruto loves Sakura who loves Sasuke. The fake says there is a love circle with Sasuke loving Naruto back.
4. The fake says Kishi based Sasuke on a boy he loved in High School. Unfortunately, the person who wrote this fake, never bothered to look at the history of Sasuke's creation. He was never intended to be part of cast and it was Kishi's editors who suggested the character.

Spoiler for Sasuke's Creation and conception:

5. Kishimoto has never stated he has a favorite pairing. Do these SasuNaru fans honestly believe that this usually shy and private guy would talk about fanfics and doujinshi? That this married guy who is a father would say his favorite pairing is two 15 year old boys and he collects stuff of it?

The majority of Sasuke x Naruto fans know that a boys shonen would never have the two mains hook up so it's pointless to hope for it. The are just happy with the fanservice this couple gets and write their fanfics and draw their fanart.

But there is a small militant segment of SasuNaru fans who believe their couple has to become canon. Sasuke and Naruto must become the official couple. They say things like death to Sakura and Hinata! These are the ones who make silly stuff like this up.
You get +Reps for saving my sanity. Thanks for digging around to bring this out before everyone went insane.
Closed Thread