Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-11-06, 09:16   Link #261
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Chapter 208

Spoiler:

Next Chapter will be in Mid December. That's gonna be a long wait I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalessi View Post
Thank you so much for the spoilers. What Chihaya blushes are you exactly talking about?
There had been moments when Chihaya blushed after seeing Taichi returning back to their karuta-circle. Or when she saw him having good time with those around them again. I thought those could lead to something

Spoiler for impression:

Spoiler for Chihaya and Taichi:

Off Topic: I find it funny how I always think about Kumiko from Hibike! Euphonium when I think about Chihaya lol. Probably because their characters are so polar opposite and probably because so many people I came across never truly understood Kumiko's character and saw her as a simpleton as Chihaya.
Old 2018-12-07, 06:04   Link #262
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Chapter 205. Probably one of the best chapters of this entire manga.

Spoiler:

I am not sure how to explain this chapter. It was simply amazing. T_T

I've just read this chapter, and I can't agree more with you in this. Probably one of the best in the entire manga no doubt. It stings a little that the main character has nothing to do in one of the best moments, but on the other hand, it shows how important are those two for the story and us.

Now I want the story to reach one more year so we could see Taichi as a challenger facing Arata as the Meijin, but sadly I guess it would be impossible
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 10:59   Link #263
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^that's actually very likely if the anime boosts the manga sales yet again.

Anyways, it is highly likely that the manga is going to enter Arata's part of the story now (which is reflected on the disappointment of a group of fans). But I doubt how much ground he can make up given that Taichi enjoyed 8 out of every 10 chapters up until this point since the beginning of the manga.

I think they won't admit but what hurt Taichi fans more is not Taichi's crushing defeat but
Spoiler:

I don't care what fans think of Taichi's one sided feelings for Chihaya. He might have dumped his girlfriend for Chihaya, built a club for Chihaya, confronted his demonic mother for Chihaya, withstood the pain of seeing Chihaya looking only Arata's way, but all of this he did was to get Chihaya's love. There was no selflessness in it because he was ultimately doing it to get Chihaya's love - for himself. There was nothing in him that he was genuinely doing for himself other than trying be Chihaya's number one. The "never getting better than Arata" was only a drive stem from wanting to be Chihaya's number one. But Chihaya's rejection made him find passion in Karuta. He finally found something he wanted to do for himself. What happened to Chihaya in her grade school years when she grew out of Chitose, the same thing happened for Taichi in his final year of high school as he grew out of Chihaya, both because of their new found passion for 'Karuta' - ultimately what the manga is founded upon.

Chihaya returning Taichi's feelings, if it is meant to happen, will have to happen after, say, another 100 chapters at the very least. She is still passionately in love with Arata. It's not some stupid high school girl's infatuation or mistake over her passion for Karuta like Taichi fans claim it to be. Her connection with Arata is deeper than Taichi fans can ever understand. The stupid high school girl in Chihaya leaves her when it's about Karuta and Arata only. The author has shown time and again that when one of them thinks of the other, the other reciprocates the thought the exact same way. That's how deep their connection is, which is also shown in the latest chapter (ch. 208) for the record.
Old 2018-12-14, 03:20   Link #264
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Slightly related: BeLove, the manga where Chihayafura is serialized is going monthly after the December 28th issue. Which means Chihayafuru will become monthly yet again.

There was a time when the manga was published in every alternate circulation of BeLove. Only very recently the manga went fully fortnightly.

Chapter 209 will be released today (2018-12-15).
Old 2018-12-15, 08:12   Link #265
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Chapter 209
Spoiler:

Next chapter will be on Dec 28th. Then the manga will become monthly.
Old 2022-04-21, 16:33   Link #266

Damn, this thread has been dead since 2018. Anyone still read it? The "Chiha" take finally happened last chapter. Looks like both Arata and Chihaya will win their matches and be crowned the titles. They'll most likely get together in the end or in the spin-off content. One volume to go.
1001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 16:13   Link #267
Blaat

Final match has been dragging on for years now so I'm glad it's finally ending.
Old 2022-07-07, 14:15   Link #268

Chihaya and Arata won, nice. Sorry Taichibros, maybe he will find someone in college. Last chapter will have more than 80 pages.
Old 2022-07-29, 02:05   Link #269
bastek66

Oh shit, last chapter spoilers are up https://harunokazesblog.tumblr.com/p...0163574636544/
Old 2022-07-29, 02:38   Link #270
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Oh shit, last chapter spoilers are up https://harunokazesblog.tumblr.com/p...0163574636544/
I hope it's legit.

Spoiler for discussion:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-07-29 at 16:12.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 10:35   Link #271
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Saw it coming when she overhead him saying he was moving on from her .
Old 2022-07-29, 21:41   Link #272
scififan

Arata only shows surprise when he learns that Chihaya is going out to Taiichi. So, Arata's love is karuta afterall.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 00:26   Link #273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I hope it's legit.

Spoiler for discussion:
Me too, but I thought it'd be funnier if it was the other way around.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 06:57   Link #274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We did it, Taichibros.
Old 2022-07-30, 10:08   Link #275
dark44

Worest end i never liked taichi but whatever i stoped reading long ago
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 13:42   Link #276
nikita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001010 View Post
Chihaya and Arata won, nice. Sorry Taichibros, maybe he will find someone in college. Last chapter will have more than 80 pages.
Looks like it's Arata who needs to find someone in college.
nikita22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 14:05   Link #277
grecefar

Well now I know that I don't need to read this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-01, 04:12   Link #278
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I think mostly everyone knew Arata was boned when he won his match, no writer in this situation (ie 2 guys pinning for the same girl and the same prize) would ever commit to having one dude win at both, specially when the guy that lost at their chosen trade is the single most popular character of the series.
Not that I agree, I woulda prefered one guy winning at both and the other one finding his way doing whatever else but I cant blame the writer for splitting the baby.
Old 2022-08-02, 00:06   Link #279
SirCopert

So Taichi won, huh.
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-02, 11:22   Link #280

Holy kek, so she went for the ending to make her largest fanbase happy. Sad outcome, but not surprised since the Taichi fans were ruthless to her on social media. My friend who reads Japanese said the chapter is a bit weird in how it handles some things and apparently the three characters won't be reunited in Tokyo since Taichi is studying in Kyoto, kek. And there's an NTR joke from Arata at the end.

Tags
josei, karuta