AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-26, 09:44   Link #61
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
i think the DJ did the right call, C&T don't really seem like the demographic his club goes for.
And he didn't care that they cost him probably hundred thousands of dollar worth of damage in his big home.
I know we are supposed to dislike the DJ(they certainly go out of their way to make him unpleasant) but he was correct about their music not being that good.

I wish the girls where ex-members of a Motörhead inspired band instead of their manager,that would at least be different. And we might have a chance to see a couple of teenage girls on Mars belting out "Ace of Spades","(We are)The Road Crew","Killed by Death", or appropriately "Jailbait".
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-28, 12:58   Link #62
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
i think the DJ did the right call, C&T don't really seem like the demographic his club goes for.
And he didn't care that they cost him probably hundred thousands of dollar worth of damage in his big home.
Since the Narcissist didn't listen to their music, there's no realistic way he could tell whether or not they would be a hit or not. Unless he's also some kind of mystic. As for the damage to his house, why should he care since, no doubt, insurance will cover 100% of the repair bill?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-28, 20:15   Link #63
grecefar

love the new song, 2/2.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 15:48   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lesson of the day: don't buy a product that has 2k+ reviews and only one star on Amazon. There just might possibly perhaps be something wrong with it. Truly an educational anime.

Really didn't like this episode. It relied too much on making the characters act like complete idiots. And throwing in as many references as you can does not make a good anime, it's what you do with those references that matters.

Only thing I found funny was seeing Ertegun's car getting blown up.
Old 2019-05-02, 18:36   Link #65
grecefar

I wonder wich girl roody likes?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 18:59   Link #66
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Oh my god, that music video was fuckin hilarious, especially the unfinished animation and the 120 dancers being edited in. This episode was just a goofy and silly one all around that's devoid of common sense, but that's okay. We got a small Space Dandy cameo out of it! And Giggy is so frakkin cute. I want an owl A.I. alarm clock.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 20:08   Link #67
Kitsu Breaker

They take son naturally the yuri on this episode, and a very rare because was between mature woman, one was properly married and she will married again.

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 20:16   Link #68
HandofFate

lol @ the car getting blown up. Gus has a good heart
Old 2019-05-03, 05:14   Link #69
Dop
Mmmm....

The music video was hilarious, and while i was not expecting to see "The Breakfast Club" references there, the funniest part was their take on Aha's "Take On Me" video.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-03, 14:41   Link #70
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

That was a rather funny and entertaining episode.

No surprise the AI was a scam, 1 star rating from over 1000 reviews.

Roddy channeling Michael Jackson from thriller and then the convertible being blown up lol.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-03, 17:57   Link #71
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This might be my favorite episode so far. Plus this:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

No stupid product placements. Just a funny episode from start to finish.

Liked the score in this episode.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 04:31   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Felt like a bit of a filler episode but then again stand alone episodes are a thing with Watanabe for better or worse. I did think it was pretty funny but I think it might just be time to accept that this show is going to fall into the "Good but not great" category.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 05:00   Link #73
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Felt like a bit of a filler episode but then again stand alone episodes are a thing with Watanabe for better or worse. I did think it was pretty funny but I think it might just be time to accept that this show is going to fall into the "Good but not great" category.
To me, this is the P.F. Chang's of anime. There's nothing remotely authentic about it but it looks real purty, and it's designed to be inoffensive and mildly pleasant to as wide a cross-section as possible.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 09:07   Link #74
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
To me, this is the P.F. Chang's of anime. There's nothing remotely authentic about it but it looks real purty, and it's designed to be inoffensive and mildly pleasant to as wide a cross-section as possible.
If you're expecting me to get that reference then I'm more than happy to disappoint you. XP

Anyway, I don't doubt the sincerity of the storytelling but I do feel like it's overhyping itself especially when it opens up every episode on a supposed "miracle" that we're sure to witness. Otherwise I'd put it in the same category as Space Dandy. Speaking of which that "director" bot is a total cross between QT and Bender from Futurama.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 10:05   Link #75
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

P.F. Chang’s? A whitewashed corporate “Chinese” restaurant chain in America. Fancy garish faux Asian decor, competent but bland sorta Chinese dishes, very safe and very popular in suburbia.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 12:38   Link #76
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Felt like a bit of a filler episode but then again stand alone episodes are a thing with Watanabe for better or worse.

Anyway, I don't doubt the sincerity of the storytelling but I do feel like it's overhyping itself especially when it opens up every episode on a supposed "miracle" that we're sure to witness.
"Filler" episodes are going to be the norm if they intend to take all or nearly all the projected twenty-four episodes to get to the "miracle." Since Netflix likes to release shows in cour-sized bunches in the US, maybe they'll get to the miracle by episode 12 and have a new story after that.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-09, 17:19   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tuesday's big brother proved to be a good guy. He left his sister alone after seeing her perform. He could have said hello and encouraged her after the gig, but I guess it's better this way.

Angela's performance didn't wow me at all, so I didn't really understand why that guy was so moved he invested 12 million woolong in her.
Old 2019-05-09, 17:33   Link #78
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Tuesday's big brother proved to be a good guy. He left his sister alone after seeing her perform. He could have said hello and encouraged her after the gig, but I guess it's better this way.

Angela's performance didn't wow me at all, so I didn't really understand why that guy was so moved he invested 12 million woolong in her.
The music in general has just been blah so far.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-09, 17:58   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
The music in general has just been blah so far.
I like The Loneliest Girl (finished version) and the ED. But overall, the music has indeed been disappointing. I thought it was because they were green at first but seeing as everybody is in awe when they sing, that doesn't work anymore.
Old 2019-05-09, 21:23   Link #80
HandofFate

I like the list of people Roddy and Gus are asking flavors from thru their connections and relationships. Helpes to paint the scope of big of an industry they're trying to break into.

I am looking forward to the clash between the big money invested girl vs. the broke duo

Last edited by HandofFate; 2019-05-09 at 21:36.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music, sci-fi