Old 2008-10-01, 23:31   Link #15541
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Thanks for the infos, koshimizu

About the gumline, koshimizu posted this in the episode thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...50#post1946250

And also this a few minutes ago http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1391
Honestly, if that is really true I just don't know what to think. Everyone else's lines were about themselves in some way but Kallen's was about C.C? It just annoys me that basically what Kallen's development seemingly amount to was to ship C.C and Lelouch. Which is beyond retarded given the direction her character had taken throughout the course of R2.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:31   Link #15542
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
You haven't seen the Korean-Japanese Code Geass Fanhood Wars
At least, koshimizu is not like that. She is not japanese. Her favorite character is not c.c., but still she sometimes gave her opinion about some things and without any bias.

So I guess that some japanese fans are the same. I guess that some cluclu fans can admit things, same as some kalulu fans.

I mean, don't generalize <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Well, I didn't say I discounted the interpretation completely, but am taking it with a grain of salt. It's be like trying to expect a country with 65% of its power provided from windmills to post a theory as to how to reduce coal power consumption -_-. Theres a finite number of answers to expect, and the one you get should be fairly understandable given their...preset conditions.
And I said what? That it's just their opinions, nothing official, so no need to overreact.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:33   Link #15543
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
At least, koshimizu is not like that. She is not japanese. Her favorite character is not c.c., but still she sometimes gave her opinion about some things and without any bias.

So I guess that some japanese fans are the same. I guess that some cluclu fans can admit things, same as some kalulu fans.

I know, I was just joking

Anyway..... I suppose Kallen's mother would accept Lelouch if Kallen said she loved him. Currently writing the scene of Kallen and Lelouch being in Kallen's house.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:37   Link #15544
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:

And I said what? That it's just their opinions, nothing official, so no need to overreact.
But overreactings FUN!!!. Okay, maybe not ^^ . But its true that over-generalization is a bad idea. Heck, if we followed that, Kang would be a closet Starcraft tournament champion, Narona would only wear berets & black clothing, and I visit foreign countries wearing a cowboy hat, hawaiin T-shirts, sandals and cart around an oversized camera -_-. And stereotypes do fit in with generalization =P . Stereotypes are typically negative generalizatons.

In any case, it'll probably be a bit before we learn anything new about the gumline (if we ever do). If it wasn't adjusted to being in 24, I think its highest probablity is A) Cutting room floor, B)Side material or C) OVA/Movie .

I hold out for the highest hope myself XD
Old 2008-10-01, 23:39   Link #15545
Micante

Quote:
But overreactings FUN!!!. Okay, maybe not ^^ . But its true that over-generalization is a bad idea. Heck, if we followed that, Kang would be a closet Starcraft tournament champion, Narona would only wear berets & black clothing, and I visit foreign countries wearing a cowboy hat, hawaiin T-shirts, sandals and cart around an oversized camera -_-. And stereotypes do fit in with generalization =P . Stereotypes are typically negative generalizatons.

In any case, it'll probably be a bit before we learn anything new about the gumline (if we ever do). If it wasn't adjusted to being in 24, I think its highest probablity is A) Cutting room floor, B)Side material or C) OVA/Movie .

I hold out for the highest hope myself XD
I think I fit in with the generalizations of being quite skilled at maths and sciences but having the physical abilities of Lelouch. >_<
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:42   Link #15546
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I laughed so hard. I remember that documentary about a Videogames tournament in Korea. There was a french guy there. I don't remember if it was about starcraft though (BTW I loved starcraft.............. in singleplayer) but they said that the korean people were very good at some videogames.

And what was that? Berets? Black clothing?

XD Funny post of the day
Old 2008-10-01, 23:43   Link #15547
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Anyway..... I suppose Kallen's mother would accept Lelouch if Kallen said she loved him. Currently writing the scene of Kallen and Lelouch being in Kallen's house.
Well, she did have a fling w/ a Britannian herself. AND her son's best friend married a Britannian.

I think the whole, 'he-looks-just-like-the-DB-that-tried-to-take-over-the-world-and-have-you-executed-Kallen' thing might be a little harder to explain.

Quote:
Kang would be a closet Starcraft tournament champion
Okay, completely off topic, but is it true that a Korean kid died by playing Starcraft for like 50 strait hours w/o a break until his bladder burst or something like that?
Old 2008-10-01, 23:45   Link #15548
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
And what was that? Berets? Black clothing?
J'aime votre béret noir.

Yes, sterotypes can be funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, she did have a fling w/ a Britannian herself. AND her son's best friend married a Britannian.

I think the whole, 'he-looks-just-like-the-DB-that-tried-to-take-over-the-world-and-have-you-executed-Kallen' thing might be a little harder to explain.
I would say Kallen would explain the true goal of Lelouch, which the mother will accept
Old 2008-10-01, 23:45   Link #15549
Xevious451
Unassuming Local Guy

Send a message via AIM to Xevious451 Send a message via MSN to Xevious451
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post

There's Geass for that, riiiiiight?
Xevious451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:48   Link #15550
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
J'aime votre béret noir.

Yes, sterotypes can be funny.
I don't wear berets XD!!!!!

Tu as même mis l'accent sur le mot béret, c'est bien
Old 2008-10-01, 23:51   Link #15551
Velden

Since there is no Spoilers and speculation thread, and I would have liked a third season...What I would have liked is that the story continues and Lelouch becomes immortal and makes a contract with susaku, then susaku attains the last level of geass and becomes immortal, thus turning into the earth´s eternal protector.
At least Kallen got her place in the story, being the only witness who knew all the faces of Lelouch.
But these are just the words of a hopeless Kalulu fan i guess...I already started to imagine how could be the continuation...-.-

Spoiler for Less likely script for a continuation:

Spoiler for Least likely script for part 2:
Velden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:51   Link #15552
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

The only person I've ever known who wore a beret was one of my best friends in graduate school. He was gay, grew up in Canada, but was of Vietnamese decent.

I swear I'm not making that up.
Old 2008-10-01, 23:59   Link #15553
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:

J'ai porté des bérets pendant mon service comme un Fusilier marin ROK. Peut-être je suis le français

Now, I see Kallen's mom preparing a special meal for newly-wed people, and the couple becomes embarassed at the fact that the mother figured things out.

Kallen's Mom: Lelouch, I want you to take care of Kallen.

Lelouch: Yes, Mother-in-law.... I mean mam.
Old 2008-10-02, 00:01   Link #15554
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Speaking of Kallens' mom has she actually recovered from Refrain?

When Kallen headed out it seems she was still in bed resting.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:05   Link #15555
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Speaking of Kallens' mom has she actually recovered from Refrain?

When Kallen headed out it seems she was still in bed resting.
Really? I thought she was at the table drinking coffee or something?

hmmm..... It was odd how they didn't show her face... IT must mean something!!!
jk
Old 2008-10-02, 00:07   Link #15556
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Considering she'd been jailed for over a year, I would think her body had completely detoxified and recovered from the withdrawal symptoms. Unless refrain is a terribly more malignant/damaging drug than we had currently surmised O_o.

One way to look at it is, unless you REALLY need to be doing something, who's up and about when High Schoolers are heading to school? Especially if Kallen & her mom are getting supported by her good friends in high government? Even if its a small apartment, I'm sure they're taking it easy.
Old 2008-10-02, 00:07   Link #15557
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Really? I thought she was at the table drinking coffee or something?

hmmm..... It was odd how they didn't show her face... IT must mean something!!!
jk
I was pretty sure she was lying down. We have no idea how long it takes to recover from Refrain, although upwards of two years seems kinda long.
Old 2008-10-02, 00:08   Link #15558
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Kallen's mother was drinking coffee or tea, but she's clearly in bed. You can see the sheets at the edge of the screen.

I would think what must be a little less than two years now would be enough to recover from Refrain.
Old 2008-10-02, 00:09   Link #15559
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Thanks for the infos, koshimizu

About the gumline, koshimizu posted this in the episode thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...50#post1946250

And also this a few minutes ago http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1391
*facepalms*
Even if it's true, that line she said to C.C. reminds me of third-grade fanfiction, when the writer can't resist to make one party look bad to ship his/her OTP....

My LOL on the deleted ZeroQ1 chuu.
I knew that Lelouch's kisses were cheap, but I never imagined they were THAT cheap.

Or either it is, he was falling for her without knowing it...

SIGH

RIP Lelouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Kallen's mother was drinking coffee or tea, but she's clearly in bed. You can see the sheets at the edge of the screen.

I would think what must be a little less than two years now would be enough to recover from Refrain.

Which supports the Kallen=Karen(pitiful) pun
Brother dead.
Mother-drug hangover.
Love/r dead.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:12   Link #15560
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh, give her a break, guys. Kallen's mom's been working her ass off for how many years now? Lady just wants to lounge in bed for a while, and I say more power to her.