AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 04:31   Link #81
Zekori

Had a feeling that if it wasn't Cocona, it'd be Tyria/Tilia. Although that may not entirely be the case, given how quick they're revealing about the cast of characters which is pretty unlike them. But I won't speculate here.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 05:24   Link #82
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
And the 3rd heroine is confirmed to be Tiria...
That's not terribly surprising. Where else would we have those wacky adventures in?
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 09:35   Link #83
ZeroForever

well the game comes out in another week or so in japan so it's no surprise they would be doing the full cast reveals.

Personally i'm more interested in how the characters from 1 and 2 will cameo or interact with this game. As long as there aren't any characters that make me want to face palm like luca in 2 it should be a good game.
Old 2010-01-13, 12:09   Link #84
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So Cocona isn't going to be like Mir in AT 2...now I wonder whether or not she can use her song spell in this game. Or maybe she's just going to do a simple fireball spell like in AT 2 for battle ? Doesn't matter though. Even with her old weapon she's already awesome >w<

Also, considering that Reyvateil is in higher position than the human in this game...there should be some Reyvateil that can do combats and not only using their song spell to battle (just like Cocona). I wonder if they can be used as a Vanguard while can do some song spell on their own to fight..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 01:20   Link #85
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
So Cocona isn't going to be like Mir in AT 2...now I wonder whether or not she can use her song spell in this game.
IPDs can't use hymnos unless they're within range of Infel Pira and the range of Infel Pira is far less than the towers :P (unless Sasha creates a satellite to proxy with infel pira or something)
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 05:02   Link #86
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
IPDs can't use hymnos unless they're within range of Infel Pira and the range of Infel Pira is far less than the towers :P (unless Sasha creates a satellite to proxy with infel pira or something)
Think there may be a little retconning or loopholes about that afaik, there was a discussion on another board about that logic.
Old 2010-01-14, 05:54   Link #87
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

New PV for the Hymmnos preview mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3w_SJ3F7q8
Old 2010-01-14, 07:00   Link #88
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Huh ? Is that so ? o.o

The only thing that I remembered is that IPD equals to sickness... >_>; damn, I should've done more research about this. Where did you find this info anyway ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 07:57   Link #89
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
New PV for the Hymmnos preview mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3w_SJ3F7q8
1:42~1:55 just convinced me to import it....

Chances are i'll end up buying the English version again for simplicity sake since im not fluent in Japanese. Anyways that aside, the animation does blend nicely and Cocona did well in transitioning into 3d.
Old 2010-01-15, 08:16   Link #90
Key Board
Carbon

That trailer all but confirms personality morphing in the real world

This probably means that there are many ways to use Saki and Finnel in battle
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 04:12   Link #91
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

LOL. The fanservice has been taken to another level. Even the men gets to strip.

Anyway, I like the new hymmnos especially EXEC_COSMOFLIPS by Kokia. =D
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 16:57   Link #92
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Huh ? Is that so ? o.o

The only thing that I remembered is that IPD equals to sickness... >_>; damn, I should've done more research about this. Where did you find this info anyway ?
IPD isn't technically a sickness.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Think there may be a little retconning or loopholes about that afaik, there was a discussion on another board about that logic.
Well, I shouldn't say they IPDs can't use hymnos. They just don't have access to a song server. They can, however, use 1st era "hymnos" as well as the Cruteciel dialect (humans in general can, pardon the misspell...dunno how it was translated to English). As a matter of fact, I believe Spica used the 1st era hymnos in her drama/musical CD release. They draw energy from nature, so generally, are far weaker than their tower counterparts. So, it wouldn't be surprising to see some minor song magic being used by Cocona, but it's probably limited to what we saw in her battle repertoire in AT2 if Sasha didn't tinker around with crafting.
Old 2010-01-17, 21:03   Link #93
aquagon

Quote:
IPD isn't technically a sickness.

Spoiler:
Actually,

Spoiler:

Quote:
Well, I shouldn't say they IPDs can't use hymnos. They just don't have access to a song server. They can, however, use 1st era "hymnos" as well as the Cruteciel dialect (humans in general can, pardon the misspell...dunno how it was translated to English). As a matter of fact, I believe Spica used the 1st era hymnos in her drama/musical CD release. They draw energy from nature, so generally, are far weaker than their tower counterparts. So, it wouldn't be surprising to see some minor song magic being used by Cocona, but it's probably limited to what we saw in her battle repertoire in AT2 if Sasha didn't tinker around with crafting.
Actually, only the First Era Hymmnos you say (Risshizentsukuyomi/Moon Singing of the Era Previous to the Notes) can be used by them, given that the Cult Ciel Note can only work with the support of a Song Server in the current times. And anyways, with the trailer I think that it's confirmed that the IPDs can use their songs (and that Sol Cluster is inside the effective range of Infel Phira), otherwise, I doubt that METHOD_HYMMELY/. could be executed.
aquagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 23:11   Link #94
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquagon View Post
Actually, only the First Era Hymmnos you say (Risshizentsukuyomi/Moon Singing of the Era Previous to the Notes) can be used by them, given that the Cult Ciel Note can only work with the support of a Song Server in the current times. And anyways, with the trailer I think that it's confirmed that the IPDs can use their songs (and that Sol Cluster is inside the effective range of Infel Phira), otherwise, I doubt that METHOD_HYMMELY/. could be executed.
I know the entirety Cult Ciel words are recorded within the AT song server, but I haven't read anything in regards to that particular hymnos dialect being unable to be sung without the song server, just considerably weaker and mostly forgotten.
Old 2010-01-17, 23:58   Link #95
aquagon

Maybe you're right about Cult Ciel being able to be sung like that, though there is another thing factored in, which is that Risshizentsukuyomi and Cult Ciel generally don't provoke any visible effects if they are sung by a single person, or without support technology.

For example, the ancient Moon Chanters used to sing in choruses so their singing could provoke effects in the world, and when Spica sang on her Musical CD, she had an artifact made from Parameno Crystals called the "Carillon Organit", which stores the emotions contained in the songs of anyone inside of itself, and then releases them as Song Magic when put near a Grathnode Crystal.
aquagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 01:43   Link #96
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Famitsu rating : 28/40
http://www.imagebam.com/image/82439964447543
8 - 7 - 7 - 6
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 03:13   Link #97
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
8 - 7 - 7 - 6
Same as AT 1 and 3 points lower than AT2. I can live with those scores.... and it's Famitsu.....
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 06:15   Link #98
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
8 - 7 - 7 - 6
Smackdown vs Raw got 9-9-9-9? Japanese people like American wrestling games?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 09:00   Link #99
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's not like the same person gave out those score for every game, you know. Beside, the scores are for different genres.

Quote:
Dengeki Games score: 85, 80

Review points:

A game that safely delivers its core content (i think this is just in regards to story...not the other..."stuff"); includes some humorous and risque content as well, but the story itself is heavy and isn't something that can necessarily be taken superficially (sorry...in a rush to do a few errands tonight and botched the last part of the translation...ie. not a very good fit, but I think gets the point across); it will make you think.
Be cautious in battle of breast jiggling, leg spreading and a lot of other risque aspects (which can be turned off in settings)

Normal events, CGs, and heroine scripting can be borderline NSFW.
Graphics are rough around the edges and the walking motions seem a little unnatural.
The battle system is new and innovative. To describe it in a single phrase, "Hat's off [to GUST]"
The "trust system" between [Aoto] and the heroines reveals itself to be much deeper the more you delve into it.
The monster meter thing (has always been in AT games on the maps), once it goes down to 0 results in no further monsters appearing doesn't work well with increasing your level.
More than enough content, even for those that want to enjoy every aspect of it.
If you can get over the heroines undressing, you won't regret the purchase.
Old 2010-01-20, 09:01   Link #100
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Smackdown vs Raw got 9-9-9-9? Japanese people like American wrestling games?
They probably got treated to a nice lunch by the guys at Yukes who're in Osaka.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote