2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-23, 15:14   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
And also, is this whole arc really only going to be covered in 2 episodes?
Who told you that? I don't think the actual number of episodes is known, but there's no reason for this arc to be so much shorter than the previous ones. It will be 4 episodes long at least.
Old 2013-09-23, 15:22   Link #42
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Who told you that? I don't think the actual number of episodes is known, but there's no reason for this arc to be so much shorter than the previous ones. It will be 4 episodes long at least.
It's four.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 21:45   Link #43
HandofFate

So how many episodes is season?
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 23:03   Link #44
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

So... apparently, people loved Renai Circulation, so what do they do? Do it again?

No, they UNDO it. Awzm
Old 2013-09-24, 00:02   Link #45
novalysis

To me, it seems like they were foreshadowing Nadeko Meduaa with Renai Circulations lyrics.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 01:28   Link #46
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
To me, it seems like they were foreshadowing Nadeko Meduaa with Renai Circulations lyrics.
Highly unlikely. The first season came before the second series of novels.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 02:11   Link #47
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
nah they just realized how popular Renai Circulation was and realized how opposite Nadeko Snake was to Nadeko Medusa. Thus, the opening song.
Old 2013-09-24, 09:04   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
It's four.
Thanks. I would have liked 5 like NekoShiro, but I'll take what I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Highly unlikely. The first season came before the second series of novels.
And it seems like Kana Hanazawa is the reason this arc was even written.

Quote:
Nisio Isin: I have a question that I want to ask as well. In the future, what sort of characters does Hanazawa-san wish to tackle?
Hanazawa: I wish to take on the role of those characters with a very bad personality. As I had not acted for a really evil character before, I wish to challenge that at least once.
Nisio Isin: I understand. Then in the future, the <Bakemonogatari> series will have an evil girl added to it, so please be her voice actress as well. Or, I can write Nadeko as an evil girl - such a plot isn't too bad either.
Hanazawa: Which means to say that she will become 'Dark Nadeko'. *laughs* Please do that.
Old 2013-09-24, 12:14   Link #49
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Finally got around to listening to the OP with some lyrics attached to it... Now I have the feeling I might still end up loving Nadeko as a character.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 12:29   Link #50
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Finally got around to listening to the OP with some lyrics attached to it... Now I have the feeling I might still end up loving Nadeko as a character.
Speaking of the OP, what is the song called?
Old 2013-09-24, 13:11   Link #51
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Literally Delusion Express, but I've seen people translating it as Express of Fancy which I guess adds a neat angle.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 13:40   Link #52
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
もうそう えくすぷれす
mousou express
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 14:42   Link #53
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Nisio Isin: I have a question that I want to ask as well. In the future, what sort of characters does Hanazawa-san wish to tackle?
Hanazawa: I wish to take on the role of those characters with a very bad personality. As I had not acted for a really evil character before, I wish to challenge that at least once.
Nisio Isin: I understand. Then in the future, the <Bakemonogatari> series will have an evil girl added to it, so please be her voice actress as well. Or, I can write Nadeko as an evil girl - such a plot isn't too bad either.
Hanazawa: Which means to say that she will become 'Dark Nadeko'. *laughs* Please do that.
lol. it looks like this nadeko arc is a ripoff of black hanekawa just because hanakana wanted to voice a "dark" character.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 17:17   Link #54
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
lol. it looks like this nadeko arc is a ripoff of black hanekawa just because hanakana wanted to voice a "dark" character.
I assume you meant that Hanazawa (Nadeko's VA, instead of Hanekawa) wanting to voice a dark character.

I seriously doubt that this is the case. The novel predated the anime announcement, but even if this is the case, Nadeko snapping makes all the sense in the world. Also her reasons are very different from Tsubasa's and in addition she seemed to focus on Koyomi, while Black Hanekawa avoided him.

Agian, based only on this episode (and doujinshi, which might not follow loyally the novel storyline), Nadeko and Tsubasa have completely different motives, behavior, reasoning and approach.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 19:46   Link #55
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I assume you meant that Hanazawa (Nadeko's VA, instead of Hanekawa) wanting to voice a dark character.

I seriously doubt that this is the case. The novel predated the anime announcement, but even if this is the case, Nadeko snapping makes all the sense in the world.
Nah.
The arc is written after Nisio taking in the consideration of HanaKana's wish.
She told him that she wanted to do a dark character in an interview and then Nisio made Nadeko as the snake god.
Old 2013-09-26, 20:23   Link #56
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Nah.
The arc is written after Nisio taking in the consideration of HanaKana's wish.
She told him that she wanted to do a dark character in an interview and then Nisio made Nadeko as the snake god.
Maybe her wish just happens to overlap with what he would have written anyway. Even before the original anime started and only up till nise was written, the fandom had been calling nadeko the final boss due to her aggressive ways in nise.

It was the only way to go for her anyways, she murdered like twenty poisonous snakes without batting an eye. Bitch is crazy. And I love that.
Old 2013-09-26, 20:32   Link #57
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
The fandom had been calling nadeko the final boss due to her aggressive ways in nise.
Though Nadeko is merely the final boss for the second season...

Quote:
It was the only way to go for her anyways, she murdered like twenty poisonous snakes without batting an eye. Bitch is crazy. And I love that.
QFT
Old 2013-09-27, 01:40   Link #58
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
I meant HanaKana, at least that's what I think people are calling her.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 04:21   Link #59
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Finally got around to watching this episode..... I've always thought Nadeko's killing of the snake was creepy. I no longer remember the exact detail as to why she thought killing the snake would lift the curse, but it still takes some serious balls to cut a snake to pieces and then pin those pieces to a tree. I distinctly remember the part where she was holding down the snake by its head while it is still moving and then trying to chop it with the chisel before Koyomi interrupted.

This girl is no pushover and much more vicious even though she comes across as docile and gentle.

And what's the deal with that creepy girl? Was she hypnotizing Nadeko with subliminal messages? The entire point of that conversation was to hammer home to Nadeko that she isn't exactly a victim even though she might be playing as one in the present. Looking forward to the next episode.

Btw, I couldn't stop laughing at the amount of blood Koyomi's heart was ejecting. It was like a Geyser.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 22:13   Link #60
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
So Nadeko gets 1200 yen per month as allowance and goes to Middle School. Wtf does the parents expect the kid to use $12 per month on? That's not even enough for Netflix...