AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-06-05, 23:34   Link #10001
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ Not everyone craves for attention or fame. Also being crowned as hero of a nation can often be more trouble than it's worth.
Old 2020-06-05, 23:48   Link #10002
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Is being a hero of a nation less attractive than being unaffiliated freelancer?
Depends on what kind of country you are in. Would you like to be the hero of a Nazi like country?

Realistically speaking, the political system and laws of a lot of medieval countries probably would have abhorred a lot of reincarnators/transmigrators. I don’t think a lot of people from our world would feel a sense of respect for the government of such countries and as such not want to serve them.

In CN,most transmigrators/reincarnators only serve the government so that they could gain political power and overthrow it,unless they are already the ruler of said country.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 00:31   Link #10003
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^
If I were to be reincarnated in isekai, I'd probably prefer to be adventurer too

But in the case of creating story about isekai, considering the oversaturation of adventurer MCs
Wouldn't other types of MC be popular now?

Adventurers, they are kinda detached from geopolitical situations
It's not really their place to say anything about governance
I kinda pissed when seeing adventurer MC is commanding the entire knight brigade
Yea I know you're OP because of cheat, but you're still an outsider
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 00:37   Link #10004
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Speaking of reincarnation, why there is no reincarnated MC with ambition? Why didn't they aiming higher goal?! Like Hitler
Dude is monster but he want to unite the world for his selfish desire and ambition.
Why no MC have similar goal? Uniting the world?
Why they always humble and prefer slow life?
Even They have a fu**ing cheat yet decided stay as lowly citizen.

I just remembered that Hercule is the MC I looking for
Old 2020-06-06, 01:13   Link #10005
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Speaking of reincarnation, why there is no reincarnated MC with ambition? Why didn't they aiming higher goal?! Like Hitler
Dude is monster but he want to unite the world for his selfish desire and ambition.
Why no MC have similar goal? Uniting the world?
Why they always humble and prefer slow life?
Even They have a fu**ing cheat yet decided stay as lowly citizen.

I just remembered that Hercule is the MC I looking for
CN webnovels are what you are after.
Old 2020-06-06, 01:39   Link #10006
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Son-con is one of my favourite CN.
MC got character development.
From our world moral to cold blooded rules. It happen slowly.
Too bad author wrapped the ending in super rush way because he want to write/continue other series.
Old 2020-06-06, 09:48   Link #10007
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Problem with CN is it's always from rock bottom to peak

Like MC is invalid or made invalid, then got cheat, then just trample everyone on his way to the top

So tired after reading the same setup hundred of times
Old 2020-06-06, 11:41   Link #10008
apr
Pedestrian

Oof, Boku wa Inai was completed yesterday, at roughly 1500 pages, and I think it's fair to say it was great. Wrapped up quite beautifully, and stands out from the crowd with its oddly philosophical bent, while still remaining very much erotica.
Old 2020-06-06, 15:23   Link #10009
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Oof, Boku wa Inai was completed yesterday, at roughly 1500 pages, and I think it's fair to say it was great. Wrapped up quite beautifully, and stands out from the crowd with its oddly philosophical bent, while still remaining very much erotica.
So the invisible exploits are over eh?

I got up to chapter 57 I think. It was getting a little too uninterestingly sparse with the H-stuff so I tried to catch up on other H-novels instead (too many chapters to read).

I'll try to get back to it someday. I haven't officially dropped it yet.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 15:47   Link #10010
dragon1412

To be fair, The kind of ending where MC getting famous as hero of the nation is belong to the last decade trend. I mean, we see getting famous is kinda good back then, but now, ehhh... I thinks most people now would agree that fame and glory come with serious price. I mean, the issues was always there but now with social media and people willing to dig literally thousands of posts to find dirt on someone else really dampening the desire to become famous. If you can secure your living, being free is infinitely better than being a hero.

MC having ambitions is depend on what is that ambitions for me, I mean, let's be real, uniting the world or building your own Kingdom is a guarantee that you will have no life and only work if MC like power, as in obsessed with it. I said it long before in this thread, running a country is hardwork and not to mentions the risk such as betrayal, corruption, assassinations. And for these type of novel, You can't write it too convenient for MC either since these kind of story easily spark discussion and reader finding holes such as events are too convenient for MC, etc....
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 16:53   Link #10011
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Problem with CN is it's always from rock bottom to peak

Like MC is invalid or made invalid, then got cheat, then just trample everyone on his way to the top

So tired after reading the same setup hundred of times
Same thing with JP tbh.Most Jp MCs are losers before they get a cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
To be fair, The kind of ending where MC getting famous as hero of the nation is belong to the last decade trend. I mean, we see getting famous is kinda good back then, but now, ehhh... I thinks most people now would agree that fame and glory come with serious price. I mean, the issues was always there but now with social media and people willing to dig literally thousands of posts to find dirt on someone else really dampening the desire to become famous. If you can secure your living, being free is infinitely better than being a hero.

MC having ambitions is depend on what is that ambitions for me, I mean, let's be real, uniting the world or building your own Kingdom is a guarantee that you will have no life and only work if MC like power, as in obsessed with it. I said it long before in this thread, running a country is hardwork and not to mentions the risk such as betrayal, corruption, assassinations. And for these type of novel, You can't write it too convenient for MC either since these kind of story easily spark discussion and reader finding holes such as events are too convenient for MC, etc....
I would say that being a monarch is the only way to be safe and free in an isekai world,provided you are a monarch with real power. Being a successful adventurer isn’t actually less dangerous, as you may run afoul of people in power or just die in some dungeon because of unknown threats.It’s not like being an adventurer isn’t hard work either.There’s no room for error in a dungeon.

I fully disagree that being a monarch means you have no life. You can always delegate power to competent individuals.

Out of the three, I think being the ‘hero’ of a nation is the worst because you are working for an authoritarian regime, you have to do things you might not agree with because of government orders,your reward is subjected to the whims of the king, constantly being suspected of being too powerful, arouse jealousy from your peers and frankly, the level of work you have to do in order to be acknowledged a hero might be better spent building your own kingdom.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2020-06-06 at 23:08.
Old 2020-06-06, 23:30   Link #10012
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^
Ambition ≠ King
Why must everyone striving to be king?
Why not trying to be the head of Court Magician or Knight Commander?
I swear these people only cares about being in the very bottom or very top
There are people in between you know

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The MC doesn't have to be THE HERO
But 1 of The Heroes is fine, isn't it?

I mean, in the legends of isekai, there were group of people who saved the world
Now it's just 1 FUCKING JAPANESE DUDE swagging around
Would make a shitty legend, eh?
Old 2020-06-06, 23:46   Link #10013
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
^^
^
Ambition ≠ King
Why must everyone striving to be king?
Why not trying to be the head of Court Magician or Knight Commander?
I swear these people only cares about being in the very bottom or very top
Because the MC often has the ability to be on the top.

A lot of rulers will likely see the MC as a threat over time because they don’t care about whether you are loyal or not(it’s not something that could be measured or remain unchanged), but do you actually have the ability to overthrow them? This is especially the case in China, where highly successful generals and their families were often purged because they did not rebel against a paranoid ruler,but chose instead to remain loyal to them.Even if the MC is insanely OP, the ruler can still harm the MC by targeting his family.

From the perspective of the MC, why does the bumbling idiot who treats me like a dog all this time deserve the throne when I am the only reason why he is still sitting on it?Given the MC is transported through time and space to the isekai world with cheats, he is actually someone favored by the gods unlike the monarch.There’s literally a story where one MC spent his entire life serving a ruler, yet when when he told his son that he is actually a human from earth, his son thought that his family is actually favored by the gods and therefore overthrew the emperor after the MC died.As someone from modern day, the MC probably also have a lot of disagreements with the country’s elite with regards to it’s policies.The only real way to change the country would be for the MC to become the monarch himself.

In CN, the ambitious heroes you see are most likely a backlash against Wuxia heroes written in the last century. In classic Wuxia novels, the hero is often unassuming, and live a free life. The problem about that is that they couldn’t change the country for the better in the grand scheme of things. They can delay the inevitable, but ultimately, they could not change the outcome. In Louis Cha’s novel for example, the MC killed the Mongol Khan, which stopped the Mongol invasion for the time being, but the government was so corrupt and incompetent that the Mongols managed to conquer the empire the next time they invaded. Only by taking the reigns of government could the MC realistically change the outcome. Speaking of Wuxia novels,the tendency for Chinese MCs to have massive harems until the present CCP purge is also likely a backlash against Wuxia heroes as well. In classic Wuxia novels, the MC just couldn’t decide who he should marry and sometimes ‘gives’ the best girl away to his friend because said friend also fancies said girl, under the assumption that he can both appease the friend and give the girl a good husband,despite said girl being interested in the MC more than the friend. This rarely leads to a good outcome because the scorned heroine just turns said friend against the MC,who realized that he’s been ‘betrayed’ because his wife actually loved than MC more than himself. All of this crap happened despite the fact that Chinese men at the time could have concubines legally.
Quote:

YouTube

I mean, in the legends of isekai, there were group of people who saved the world
A entire class is often transported in JP novels nowadays, it’s just that some people are more of a legend than the others.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2020-06-07 at 07:06.
Old 2020-06-07, 05:16   Link #10014
n0m@n
C-Z

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n2631gg/

This author made many web novels that were later adapted to a LN.
Though there are many comments that he's using a trick to bring his series in the top ranks so he could get his series novelised.
Anyone here knows about this?
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-07, 05:56   Link #10015
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Ah, author of Kujibiki Harem... he certainly has his ways to get all WN got adapted. Too bad he had removed my favourite, Kujibiki.
Old 2020-06-07, 07:26   Link #10016
n0m@n
C-Z

Yeah, it's that author. Though some people are saying that the ranking system is rigged.
Wonder if its true.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-07, 07:29   Link #10017
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^
He's the first author who wrote MC that is cheat + non-hetare + ambitious + harem + sex

His worldbuilding is simple, but somehow the story developments are not cliche

True power fantasy wish fulfillment and he's not trying to hide that

Almost all of his MCs want to build harem snusnu

It deserves to be popular compared to other pretentious works

And subscription is a thing, so his daily upload will put his works on the top of his subscribers notification list, which is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Fanta View Post
Because the MC often has the ability to be on the top.

A lot of rulers will likely see the MC as a threat over time because they don’t care about whether you are loyal or not(it’s not something that could be measured or remain unchanged), but do you actually have the ability to overthrow them? This is especially the case in China, where highly successful generals and their families were often purged because they did not rebel against a paranoid ruler,but chose instead to remain loyal to them.Even if the MC is insanely OP, the ruler can still harm the MC by targeting his family.

From the perspective of the MC, why does the bumbling idiot who treats me like a dog all this time deserve the throne when I am the only reason why he is still sitting on it?Given the MC is transported through time and space to the isekai world with cheats, he is actually someone favored by the gods unlike the monarch.There’s literally a story where one MC spent his entire life serving a ruler, yet when when he told his son that he is actually a human from earth, his son thought that his family is actually favored by the gods and therefore overthrew the emperor after the MC died.As someone from modern day, the MC probably also have a lot of disagreements with the country’s elite with regards to it’s policies.The only real way to change the country would be for the MC to become the monarch himself.

In CN, the ambitious heroes you see are most likely a backlash against Wuxia heroes written in the last century. In classic Wuxia novels, the hero is often unassuming, and live a free life. The problem about that is that they couldn’t change the country for the better in the grand scheme of things. They can delay the inevitable, but ultimately, they could not change the outcome. In Louis Cha’s novel for example, the MC killed the Mongol Khan, which stopped the Mongol invasion for the time being, but the government was so corrupt and incompetent that the Mongols managed to conquer the empire the next time they invaded. Only by taking the reigns of government could the MC realistically change the outcome. Speaking of Wuxia novels,the tendency for Chinese MCs to have massive harems until the present CCP purge is also likely a backlash against Wuxia heroes as well. In classic Wuxia novels, the MC just couldn’t decide who he should marry and sometimes ‘gives’ the best girl away to his friend because said friend also fancies said girl, under the assumption that he can both appease the friend and give the girl a good husband,despite said girl being interested in the MC more than the friend. This rarely leads to a good outcome because the scorned heroine just turns said friend against the MC,who realized that he’s been ‘betrayed’ because his wife actually loved than MC more than himself. All of this crap happened despite the fact that Chinese men at the time could have concubines legally.
So enlightening

So people basically just said fuck you to the trend at the time and began seeking for stories that are opposite or "fixing" the flaws of that trend
Which in turn became the current trend and now I'm hating on it

But, with the rise of YURI CRAP lately, what was that backlash of?

Last edited by wuhugm; 2020-06-07 at 07:47.
Old 2020-06-07, 07:34   Link #10018
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
YouTube

Like become Dragon Knight?
Kain from FF IV was cool dude.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-07, 08:06   Link #10019
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
^^

So enlightening

So people basically just said fuck you to the trend at the time and began seeking for stories that are opposite or "fixing" the flaws of that trend
Which in turn became the current trend and now I'm hating on it

But, with the rise of YURI CRAP lately, what was that backlash of?
I still like the current trend than classic Wuxia novels. Classic wuxia novels are memorable and tell a story about truly heroic people, but at the same time are just heart-wrenching and leave a lot of regret. The message of the story is always that no matter how OP the MC is, he is only a human,and that there's a limit to what he can do by himself.

In my opinion, power hungry heroes strike a perfect balance between the tragedy of classic wuxia genre and idealized high fantasy stories. Unlike classic Wuxia stories, the MC has political power--therefore he can reform the state and he is not alone--he has an army. At the same time, the cunning and sheer ruthlessness of the MC's policies avoids the unrealistic oversimplifications of running a state in a high fantasy story. Realistically, someone like Aragorn would not have been a good king because he is just not ruthless enough. CN novels of such genre goes into depth of the MC's tax policy.Through such details, you can understand why the MC's state succeeds, and why the MC's subjects prosper under good governance, instead of the author simply brushing things over and say that the MC ruled fairly,the end.
Old 2020-06-07, 08:27   Link #10020
dragon1412

You mean Jin Young works ? I mean, I watched a few movies adapt his work and while very good at the beginning and the middle to later half, it can get really frustrating at the end, It's like watching a bad soap opera drama.

For me, Power hungry hero might be a good Idea, but might be a bad idea as well. What I mean is, they are very heavy depend on the execution of author, for well written work, we can easily see a dream chaser, but many of them make MC rather 1 dimensional and really just there to become the center rather than have any personality of his own, this is extremely prevalent in cultivation type of story. Power hungry or ambitious hero is influenced a lot more by writing skill of the author.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel