2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-21, 23:54   Link #21
hanekawa
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dydogcn View Post
I am a little bit lost with the timeline now.

Mayoi Jiangshi is happening during Tsubasa Tiger right ?

So Nadeko Medusa is after Tsubasa Tiger if i make no mistake.

So when Araragi called Kanbaru for help, during Tsubasa Tiger, it was for another different story ?
Mayoi Jiangshi happens before Tsubasa Tiger and ends on the day Tsubasa Tiger starts.

Nadeko Medusa happens two months after Tsubasa Tiger.

When Araragi calls Kanbaru for help, it was for a different story that was happening while Tsubasa was dealing with the tiger.
hanekawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 00:52   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man this is going to be one hell of an arc. Talk about an unsettling beginning. Certainly don't like the idea that someone's got to die here. But with how Nadeko is getting it could certainly end badly. But with how things have gone hopefully there is a plan here. That suicide attack from Araragi and Shinobu couldn't have actually been their main move right?

Suppose it's not surprising her class ended up like that though. All that chaos with the fraud left the place pretty unsettled. Though not like that school hasn't had issues already such as that original curse incident. So in the end that original attempt to remove the curse on her not only made things worse in that incident but triggered this current problem.

Also while it might not help, next time a creepy voice tells you to go somewhere Nadeko...don't go there!

Anyways overall liked the new OP/ED.
Old 2013-09-22, 02:03   Link #23
teja208
Critical fanboy

I don't feel like comparing this OP to Renai Circulation. Both songs are too different from one another, and yet with parallel opening sequences, they seems like the two sides of the same coin. It's as if the current OP captures the darker side of Nadeko.

It's quite surprising that this arc kicks start with what seems to be the climax of the book. What's more, like Tsubasa in Neko Shiro, Nadeko takes up the role of the story narrator. I think this is a good decision on Nisio part. What both Tsubasa and Nadeko had in common is their one sided crush for Araragi, and how Araragi seem to unable to understand them beyond their exterior. In this case, Araragi views Nadeko as no more than his sisters' friend, so I'm glad to be able to hear her thoughts from first person narration.

I'm not sure if the snake was really telling the truth. Why is it appearing now after many months when Nadeko start killing the snakes? I wonder if Ougi has something to do with this.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 05:25   Link #24
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
What both Tsubasa and Nadeko had in common is their one sided crush for Araragi
I wouldn't say this is totally correct, in that Araragi and Hanekawa share a lot of history, and Araragi repeatedly expressed some kind of attraction for her. Nadeko is in a league of her own
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:34   Link #25
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
Hey, did anybody notice that Nadeko's phone card has a picture of Mami from Madoka Magica on it? :P It wasn't the full picture, but it was the bottom half of the picture of Aoki Ume's original character design for Mami from way back in 2010, and I recognized the boots.
Well it's not exactly the same thing... more like modeled after Ume's original Mami art. The boots is actually different but yeah the pose and the borders of the card is the same.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2013-09-22 at 08:46.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 10:17   Link #26
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I wouldn't say this is totally correct, in that Araragi and Hanekawa share a lot of history, and Araragi repeatedly expressed some kind of attraction for her. Nadeko is in a league of her own
Well there was sort of a clue for him about Nadeko in Kabukimonogatari, when Shinobu asks him about copying his friends homework (which sadly wasn't in the anime), and when she suggests Nadeko, he himself goes into a monologue about how she isn't the earnest person he thought she was. With Hanekawa he was just kind of retarded.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 10:20   Link #27
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I was pretty excited to see Nadeko again. She's been gone long enough that I'd kind of forgotten her, but she's been such a deliciously foreboding presence all along. Even Kanbaru called her the "final boss," I seen to recall.

On that topic, part of what I loved about Bakemonogatari was that above and beyond the usual "appeals" that a more standard harem cast might have, all of the girls have a sense of danger about them, either overtly, or otherwise. Interestingly, it's the ones who are the least overtly aggressive that creep me out the most, specifically Nadeko and Tsubasa. Their threatening natures mostly simmer beneath the surface in Bake and Nise. Meanwhile, Kanbaru seems the least dangerous to me, and yet she's the one whose arc culminated in her spinning Araragi around by his eviscerated intestines.

To me, Nadeko has always been this alluring mix of sweet, sensual, and dangerous: The kind of girl who is all rainbows and puppies as long as you keep her spoiled and happy. She's never actually done anything wrong, but she keeps displaying all of the warning signs of an obsessive personality. Add to that the fact that she's at the age where some girls start to realize that if they play the game right, they can get pretty much anything they want out of a man, and she becomes potentially the stuff of nightmares. Her new OP illustrate this perfectly. "Zenbu-zenbu-zenbu-zenbu..."

I guess we'll see for sure how much of my prior reading of Nadeko's personality was accurate, and how much of it was just my own headcanon soon enough, but that cold opening sure made me feel like "Yup, that's pretty much how this had to end from the very start."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mayoi and Tsubasa's arcs took place in August. This is October 31rd, so yes, this arc takes place after them. Whatever happened to Araragi during Tsubasa Tiger remains untold.
Thanks, that helps clear things up. I knew we couldn't possibly be into October already, but at the same time I had expected this arc to explain where Araragi was during Tsubasa Tiger.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 11:11   Link #28
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
On that topic, part of what I loved about Bakemonogatari was that above and beyond the usual "appeals" that a more standard harem cast might have, all of the girls have a sense of danger about them, either overtly, or otherwise.
In fact most of the girls try to kill the main character, and even those who don't, have physically hurt him at least once. This is not a world you'd wish to be in
Quote:
Meanwhile, Kanbaru seems the least dangerous to me, and yet she's the one whose arc culminated in her spinning Araragi around by his eviscerated intestines.
She was stalking him, and she even assaulted him before and smashed his beloved mountainbike.
Old 2013-09-22, 13:25   Link #29
taichi-kun

Nadeko was a victim in Bake,no matter what ougi or the snake said.

Wow this episode was so much better than the entire neko white
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 14:16   Link #30
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I didn't expect Nadeko to be this creepy, though she also seems very naive for getting lured in by another snake oddity, not to mention that the new OP suggests that she's very, very possessive, probably to yandere levels, even.

Ougi is becoming a mystery on her own. It looked like she came from another point in time and she seems to be tied in with Mayoi, who she said couldn't find.
Old 2013-09-22, 14:52   Link #31
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanekawa View Post
When Araragi calls Kanbaru for help, it was for a different story that was happening while Tsubasa was dealing with the tiger.
...which begs the question - is that gonna be covered in the show, at all?
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 20:12   Link #32
Dawn
^o^

I love how this arc is genuinely creepy. Very intriguing. I can't say I felt this hooked during Kabuki.

Real hero's of this episode were the art and music. Amazing.
The OP uses very similar beat patterns and melodies to Renai Circulation but either in reverse or in the native minor key. Which isn't exactly original but it's very effective.

I also really like Nadeko as the narrator. Maybe I just don't like Araragi. Or REALLY like HanaKana ><
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 20:17   Link #33
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
...which begs the question - is that gonna be covered in the show, at all?
The story hasn't even been covered in the novels. Nisio has done something like this before with Katana.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 23:29   Link #34
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
The story hasn't even been covered in the novels. Nisio has done something like this before with Katana.
So not even the latest novel cover it? That's a shame, but thanks anyway for telling us this in advance so anime only people won't feel too rip off disapointed. I kind of suspect either Suruga Devil or Shinobu Time, more of the latter, will cover it. Guess Nisio can be such a troll sometime.

Do you really need to remind us of that 4th volume of Katana?

Last edited by teja208; 2013-09-22 at 23:48.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 00:08   Link #35
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So not even the latest novel cover it? That's a shame, but thanks anyway for telling us this in advance so anime only people won't feel too rip off disapointed. I kind of suspect either Suruga Devil or Shinobu Time, more of the latter, will cover it. Guess Nisio can be such a troll sometime.

Do you really need to remind us of that 4th volume of Katana?
It's funny, I'm pretty sure the thing I was talking about wasn't the same as what I'm sure u were thinking about, even though it happens in vol4 as well.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 11:47   Link #36
HandofFate

Not a fan of the OP, one of the weaker character OPs imo.

And also, is this whole arc really only going to be covered in 2 episodes?
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 11:56   Link #37
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

^ It was well-made, considering Nadeko's latter psychology development.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 12:41   Link #38
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
In fact most of the girls try to kill the main character, and even those who don't, have physically hurt him at least once. This is not a world you'd wish to be in
Heh, no kidding. The only one who hasn't tried to kill him is Mayoi....except when he tried to save her and that caused the world to end.

What's interesting to me about all of the Monogatari stories I've watched so far is that the only one who seems genuinely cured of an apparition is Hitagi. The rest are stuck in remission, or merged, or prone to new afflictions. Hanekawa fits all three for example.

Plus, they seem to be getting stronger. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Nadeko by the end of this arc.
Old 2013-09-23, 12:42   Link #39
zero7090

you can feel the yandere in the OP.

i wasnt too shocked. May be due to number of doujin about Nadeko honny-trapp Araragi
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 13:57   Link #40
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Heh, no kidding. The only one who hasn't tried to kill him is Mayoi....except when he tried to save her and that caused the world to end.
And even Mayoi was a bit rough in the beginning

Quote:
What's interesting to me about all of the Monogatari stories I've watched so far is that the only one who seems genuinely cured of an apparition is Hitagi. The rest are stuck in remission, or merged, or prone to new afflictions. Hanekawa fits all three for example.
Yeah, Hitagi has an uncanny talent for keeping herself out of troubles, unlike her boyfriend.

On that thought, I wonder what would be the progression from crab. Hitagi Lobster?