AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-18, 19:00   Link #21
tuckersister

I wonder if Kougami found Sybil's secret in the movie.
Old 2015-01-18, 21:42   Link #22
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wonder if Kougami found Sybil's secret in the movie.
Nope not any wiser then the first season and Tsunemori wasn't going to share either knowing Sybil would go after him with vengeance if he did.
Old 2015-01-28, 22:08   Link #23
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
...Sounds like the creators don't know what to do with this franchise anymore. They are just throwing ideas to wall at this and running with whatever sounds vaguely good to exploit fans. :|
They do.

Especially with a 2nd movie.
Old 2015-02-10, 21:29   Link #24
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
The new screen writer was totally useless and probably too much interference by the producer and main financier Dentsu. Production IG would have done so much better if they done it by themselves.
Urobuchi + someone else from S1 wrote the movie, there was nobody new
Old 2015-02-18, 21:27   Link #25
Miraluka
Banned

I don't even care about Kogami, as long as Ginoza makes a proper role in the movie I would be okay, I think.
Old 2015-07-26, 23:21   Link #26
prototype_sky

What would happen if other countries tech matches or surpasses the drone tech in Japan
Old 2015-07-27, 02:27   Link #27
HighGuard

wow, Really enjoyed the movie. Wiped the taste of season 2 out of my mouth
Old 2015-07-27, 09:19   Link #28
prototype_sky

Kougami and Shogo definitely missing from season 2 hope they find a way to bring Kougami back if they do a season 3 or at the very least they need a replacement.
Old 2015-07-27, 15:07   Link #29
Chosen_Hero

While the movie was better than season 2 I felt like it was a f*ck you to the Kougami fans, especially with Ginoza looking like the writers stand in, made even worse by thr fact that I feel that the writers are trting to Ship Ginoza and Akane, they do realize that Kougami is basically their only interesting character, that anytime he is involved the series does way better, right? I can't be the only one that's noticed this.

Then there is Sybil, the writers seem to want their cake and eat it too, it's liliterally the same shit as the past two seasons, Sybil does some unbelievable bs thing that costs human life but then the writers try to use Akane to humanize the Sybil System but still in the end Sybil System ends up winning and still doing evil shit.

Well, as much as I enjoyed the movie it killed any enjoyment I had for the series, this is now a definite drop for me.
Old 2015-07-27, 16:59   Link #30
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I really enjoyed this movie!
Old 2015-07-27, 21:07   Link #31
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
While the movie was better than season 2 I felt like it was a f*ck you to the Kougami fans, especially with Ginoza looking like the writers stand in, made even worse by thr fact that I feel that the writers are trting to Ship Ginoza and Akane, they do realize that Kougami is basically their only interesting character, that anytime he is involved the series does way better, right? I can't be the only one that's noticed this.

Then there is Sybil, the writers seem to want their cake and eat it too, it's liliterally the same shit as the past two seasons, Sybil does some unbelievable bs thing that costs human life but then the writers try to use Akane to humanize the Sybil System but still in the end Sybil System ends up winning and still doing evil shit.

Well, as much as I enjoyed the movie it killed any enjoyment I had for the series, this is now a definite drop for me.
Sadly it seems like their society will fall into chaos without Sybil now and with everyone left alive by the system turning into sheep they're doomed in a century or two.

I wonder how the Western societies are in this world.
Old 2015-07-29, 20:26   Link #32
GDB

Enjoyed the movie. You can tell that, other than the characters they drew and said the names of, season 2 had absolutely no bearing on the movie. None of the characters acted like they did in the second season beyond Akane smoking cigarettes. Mika was basically Ginoza-lite rather than her super bratty, batshit insane self from season 2. The two new enforcers I don't think even made a grunting noise, let alone talked. Sybil respected Akane again rather than trying to get rid of her by any means necessary.

Honestly, the only bad part about the movie was the massive amount of Engrish and the sort of non-ending ending.
Old 2015-07-29, 23:35   Link #33
Arararagi-Senpai

Well, having watched it, I have to say that I did enjoy it, and it did a much better job at building upon the ideas and themes introduced in S1 than S2 did (not completely ignoring the concepts that were established in S1 may have helped a bit), and took the series to a place where it felt like it should logically go.

That being said, it really felt like this could have used an entire season to be fully fleshed out. The SEAn guy was pretty boring, and the mercenary dude, while he had potential, ultimately felt like a distraction from everything else going on. There was way more that could have been expanded on like how Kogami came into contact with the resistance force, how the world went to crap without the Sibyl System, the political strife that unfolded when Han implemented it, etc. There was a lot more that could have been done with the premise if it weren't condensed into a two-hour film.

The action scenes also didn't do much for me. They were admittedly very nice-looking, but A) they weren't really noteworthy compared to other things I.G has done (like Ghost in the Shell), and B) I don't really watch Psycho Pass for the action scenes. I'm not against their inclusion, but a decent chunk of the film was made up of action set-pieces that could have been more well spent doing what Psycho Pass does best: the sci-fi world-building.

(I'd also like to say that Mika, for the two seconds she was in the film, immediately seemed much more logical, assured, and confident of herself than she EVER did in S2 :P)

Overall, I can't really say I didn't enjoy the film as a whole. It took the series in the direction it needed to go, gave Kogami some resolution, while leaving the door open for the future. Though I must say, after watching both this and Expelled From Paradise, I think Urobuchi's writing may be more well-suited to full-length series' than films. His works have a lot of dense material that I feel is best explored in a show.

Overall though, it was good. I give it an arbitrary score of 8/10.
Old 2015-07-29, 23:44   Link #34
IceHism

I loved watching the adventure of akane chasing after her hot boytoy. It was really really cute.

This film mostly dealt with a government entity manipulating a near perfect objective system to create tyranny which is nothing new in the context of dystopias but was a logical thing to explore in psycho pass.

Writing is focused on two above main points with little distractions so it was fine.

Unlike other people, I actually liked mika's character regardless of which season. Her cold hardened foil to Akane was well shown here and shows her growth from the events at the end of season 2. Also ayaneru is fantastic. The Engrish in this movie was also fantastic. Had a great laugh from that.

All in all, it was fun.
Old 2015-08-04, 03:34   Link #35
Tiberium Wolf

The movie was awesome and entertaining. The only minus is Mika. I wish she would have died in S2.
Old 2015-08-05, 11:40   Link #36
Jaden

While the movie does show the conclusion of the Sibyl exportation plan, it's really more like a double episode than a movie in that it doesn't stand on its own. Also the firefights and robots were well animated...the martial arts scenes not so much.

All the English speaking was really weird. On one hand, I admire the VA's English skills, which were far above average. But it still doesn't make sense how everyone has a Japanese accent. It would have been better to use the translator gadget as a plot device from the start and just abandon the English speaking altogether.

I don't think the franchise can be made to shine again. In my opinion, it reached a dead end at the end of season 1.
Old 2015-08-07, 18:25   Link #37
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I don't think the franchise can be made to shine again. In my opinion, it reached a dead end at the end of season 1.
Nah, it's possible. And probably wouldn't be hard. Just make people act in-character, stay in Japan, not go full idiot, and have a plot that isn't literally worse than dirt.
Old 2015-08-13, 02:10   Link #38
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Nah, it's possible. And probably wouldn't be hard. Just make people act in-character, stay in Japan, not go full idiot, and have a plot that isn't literally worse than dirt.
Season 2 in a nutshell.

That said I'd rank S1 > movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>> S2. It would have been nice if I could erase S2 in a "There is no Tsukihime anime" way.

I enjoyed the movie for what it is. Akane still believing in the potential of humans stood out to me. Kougami was still Kougami. Etc... I have been rather nerdgasming when I heard "Siem Reap", thinking to myself that my dad would love the movie for that alone (he is Khmer), stories taking place in Cambodia are rare. I mean they even got the khmer salute right in the Angkor Vat scene.
Old 2015-08-16, 19:16   Link #39
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
, they do realize that Kougami is basically their only interesting character,
lol what? I dont think so
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2015-08-16, 20:03   Link #40
Wandering Soul

I liked the movie but it is now obvious that season 2 was pointless. The new investigators had no lines and Mika while still unlikable wasn't as crazy as she was during season 2.