AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 16 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-20, 05:08   Link #221
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Oh no I've known this for an awhile now. But I held myself back hoping for a decent focus on characters who made this serious originally wonderful to read.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 05:24   Link #222
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post

Anyway I am kinda hoping for kamisatos disapperence for good so we can start focus again on IT, Aleister and maybe Laura.
Kamachi won't make that happen even if 99% of the character cast was removed.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2016-08-20 at 08:44.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 05:43   Link #223
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Oh no I've known this for an awhile now. But I held myself back hoping for a decent focus on characters who made this serious originally wonderful to read.
considering that:
-Index was thrown away in OT already,
-since NT6 we didnt get a single volume that was focused on one of the other 2 "main characters",
-and throughout the entire nt-series we got one-shot villians and comrades in more or less each volume,
i gave up hope long ago :/

@Kuroageha
yeah, i also doubt that kamisato will "vanish" for good, mostlikely he will be used for a few more volumes and than he will get a "ending" similar to accel and shiage where he shows up sometimes :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 07:37   Link #224
LazyHunter

We see how Touma is figuring out Kamisato's characters a bit more with his plan to drag out Yuiitsu from her shelter by playing on her fears, a good strategy. Kakeru's BtL inner monologue is perfect to sum up his character after what we learned in the last volumes and his change from NT15. Only the last fight left, I hope it's as good as the rest of the volume.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 10:15   Link #225
Chosen_Hero

In all of NT out of all of the new characters introduced (that shared the spotlight with Touma in certain volumes in one way or another) only two really piss me off those being Kanou Shinka and Kamisato Kakeru. Kuroyoru, the President, every character from NT.4, Thor, Othinus, Niangniang, Nepthys and the High Priest, they have all been pretty interesting characters to read and learn about and then we have these two. Pop quiz, what about them is similar between each other yet different from the other characters I mentioned? ... That they are two different extremes of what Touma is (Kanou being useless and Kamisato being way too competent for no real reason) and that while the other characters took their share of the spotlight none of them were ever treated like pseudo-Toumas for the sake of comparing them to him.
Old 2016-08-20, 10:26   Link #226
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

All of you. I don't understand your hatred for Kamiaato. And to be frank, I don't really care. I thought Kamisato was done quite well here. All of you are just far too biased against him. I swear. I mean, he is a Touma tier character whether you like it or not.

This means that what is happening is totally reasonable. Also, I think all of you are jumping way too fast in making assumptions about what is going on. I can totally expect to see Kamijou lecture Kamisato for hours next chapter or I can expect Kamisato to get schooled and blah blah blah.

Anyway, what I've tried to point out since long ago is that the people who read this sort of series don't have any sort of patience for the sort of character like Kamisato who is the opposite of Touma who represents the essence of what this series is like. However, that's an important point. If you want to really see all the different ideologies, then you need to also look at Kamisato and accept him instead of just cutting him off and not reading his role. He's slowly starting to actually make more and more sense to me. He is a selfish bastard. He pursues his own goals regardless of the bigger picture. That's why he's a high schooler. He doesn't give a shit about other bigger responsibilities. At the same time though, he himself wants to take all responsibility for his mistakes. It's interesting because we're so used to every character appearing in this series being a badass that does literally everything right. Even Hamazura fits that bill eventually. But it's interesting seeing Kamisato appear in this series as well since he specifically is normal and doesn't have any lofty aspirations. He wants normalcy in a very different way. He wants it to the extent that he's gone crazy, probably anyway.

My main point here is that Kamisato actually has quite a lot of depth and maybe you don't like his current development or changes to the story. But he is a character in this story and there's a reason Kamachi put him in here. He isn't just some animal in a zoo. Lots of people in the real world think like him and it's important to show what an idealized version of said thought process is like. I fully expect him to change in the next two chapters or to flat out die. The between the lines already made that more than obvious. And regardless of how all of you choose to dislike Kamisato and be blinded by your dislike of a foreign Element (no pun intended ) to this series, he represents something important here, and it is true that the more character development he'll get the more he'll grow on you as is true Kamachi style. He even made you all like Fiamma and Othinus sheesh. Why wouldn't he be able to succeed with a derpy Kamisato?

Finally, I want to point out that Kamisato is acting within totally reasonable limits to his powers here. Just like Touma he is slightly abnormal because when it comes down to it he is capable of taking action and putting what he can imagine in his mind into reality. That is probably a part of why the magic gods gave him World Rejecter in the first place. He is capable like Touma but has a completely opposite approach to things. But this is why it's important to consider his character even if you don't like it. It IS a valid approach. You just don't like it because that isn't why you started reading this series. And yet, including Kamisato raises the maturity of the series much higher. Finally though, as I was saying earlier: Kamisato has the ability to take action when necessary, he has powerful girls supporting him, and he has a lot of information on the thing he is facing because he has an understanding of both science side and magic side matters unlike the girls of tokiwadai middle school. All considering, it should be fucking obvious for him to be able to overwhelm the elements or it would be out of character. You all need to stop seeing him as OP just because of his hand. He did work at least a little bit for things. You can't curb stomp everything just because of a hand. Like Touma pointed out, you need other qualities as well. And he's that one person out of a class of normal people that you'd see taking revenge in a WN after something bad happens to the entire class.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on this. Of course none of you need to agree. But I'm saying this because I feel like some of you are being biased and not actually reading between the lines. I hope this analysis of mine helps somewhat.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )

Last edited by dniv; 2016-08-20 at 10:40.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 11:09   Link #227
LazyHunter

@dniv
People can dislike Kamisato's character because they don't like his type of character or for whatever other reason they may have. That's just subjective opinions and tastes, nor objective facts like you appear to believe. There's types of characters that I don't like, and no character development less than a total shift will change my mind on them. Same with some series. Honestly, you need to stop reacting like this every time someone complains about anything in the series. Claiming you don't care doesn't really work when you continue your post like that.

You're free to disagree with people's opinions, I don't agree with some people's opinions about several things in the series, including Kamisato. But just because you don't share their opinion, it doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 11:19   Link #228
entei08

@Chosen_Hero

Kamisato I can understand, but how is Kanou remotely related to Touma's character? His whole purpose in the story was leagues different from Kamisato, to pay homage to Frenda, that's it. In fact, I would argue that Hamazura had more meaningful interactions with him. He was never set up to compare with Touma. I understand how people generally dislike wimpy kids, but at least don't make irrational accusations like that.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 11:36   Link #229
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Please @Dniv explain to me how my opinion is biased? When not only did I give an honest thought, but I also hoped that Kamachi make me like later on. Do you realise it took me until halfway through OT series to like Misaka Mikoto and even then it was only a minor liking. I'm a hard man to please and any opinion shared on this forum is one based on reading the entire OT and NT just like everyone else up to this point.

Please refrain from sounding like what you've got from reading the novels is correct and everyone else's is biased opinions. You done this many times and it's disrespectful for all of us who are only expressing our first honest thoughts.
Old 2016-08-20, 11:44   Link #230
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

I agree with LazyHunter and Loremaster here, you have done this way too much in the past few days and it just makes any sort of NT16 discussion absolutely worthless. If you're going to say you're going to do effort on that aspect then please provide that effort and stop judging and implying other peoples' opinions are worthless via your "I don't care" as you provide an analysis of why people are reading this series wrong unlike you. You're on a discussion forum, so if you're unwilling to accept anything but opinions akin to your own then you're going to have one hell of a hard time.

Not to mention this is both rude and unacceptable. Please stop blindly white-knighting the series at the cost of the people trying to have a mature discussion, you said it yourself you enjoyed a fair share of criticism towards the series, so why are you utterly incapable of accepting any amount of it (which really goes against your notion of an equal balance of criticism and praise) and feel the need to defend everything as if you were the only one truly understanding Kamachi's will which exempts the series from anyone's criticism unless you agree with it? Just because you don't agree with the criticism doesn't mean it's not valid and no one ever said that for the series to have a flaw, all 100% of the readers had to agree and the fact that you don't accept any criticism you feel is "biased" only proves the point of people who dislike this fandom without giving us a chance.

And that's speaking as someone who has no bloody clue of what's even going on in Chapter 3 so I can't possibly have a biased opinion on the matter. I'm just seriously not looking forward to what kind of battlefield awaits me when I'm actually going to read NT16 if this kind of shit happens on a daily basis already.
Old 2016-08-20, 11:48   Link #231
WiliamZ0

Whoa! Calm down guys!! It's just opinion. I can't say everyone wrong and right here. I understood why such differences of opinion appeared. I get and read every opinion here to the point I get each of them.

Each people have different way to interpret this volume. I can say that This is one of most complex volume Kamachi made.

And let's not forget, the author of this LN is none other than Kamachi. If he didn't like it, he won't put his idea in the LN, no matter how we argued
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 11:50   Link #232
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Kamachi is no God sent writer, he has made many mistakes that I don't like but stayed on for the characters I love in this series.

Princess Carissa is number one in my book, honestly though this entire series felt dragged on with many unanswered questions from OT still not answered yet in NT. Kamachi is far from a God sent writer and as someone who is trying to be a professional writer I have to give my honest opinion.
Old 2016-08-20, 12:02   Link #233
WiliamZ0

And yet we all know none of us perfect. Can you actually make a writing that everyone completely agree?
Old 2016-08-20, 12:03   Link #234
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Kamachi is no God sent writer, he has made many mistakes that I don't like but stayed on for the characters I love in this series.

Princess Carissa is number one in my book, honestly though this entire series felt dragged on with many unanswered questions from OT still not answered yet in NT. Kamachi is far from a God sent writer and as someone who is trying to be a professional writer I have to give my honest opinion.
To be fair, his ability to keep people invested in the story regardless of how many flaws they find as long as they enjoy one character or aspect of the story is a notable skill in and of itself that not many LN authors are granted with. It takes a certain amount of talent to keep people this passionate about a series they keep finding flaws with since NT began and I'm unfortunately guilty of that.

@WiliamZ0 I think you're a bit mistaken on the source of this... argument, I guess. It's less about whether we enjoy what Kamachi wrote or not and more that speaking opinions has been making everyone step on one landmine or another for a few days now (even outside of this thread) and that's got nothing to do with Kamachi, or even Index.
Old 2016-08-20, 12:12   Link #235
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
And yet we all know none of us perfect. Can you actually make a writing that everyone completely agree?
yep no one is perfect and I accepted that, this is why I don't go around shouting out loud how bad Kamachi is and why he should improve. I only share what I as a hopeful professional writer think about his writing decisions. But Kamachi isn't bad, I think he's pretty skilful and good but he's no where near the best and that was an opinion I had to make clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
To be fair, I think his ability to keep people invested in the story no matter how much flaws they find as long as they enjoy one character or aspect of the story is a notable skill in and of itself that not many LN authors are granted with. It takes a certain amount of talent to keep people this passionate about a series they keep finding flaws with since NT began and I'm unfortunately guilty of that.

@WiliamZ0 I think you're a bit mistaken on the source of this... argument, I guess. It's less about whether we enjoy what Kamachi wrote or not and more that speaking opinions has been making everyone step on one landmine or another and that's got nothing to do with Kamachi, or even Index.
Exactly he has good skill I never intend to deny it. He's kept me invested but that has been seriously tested in NT, much as the characters are great, the overall story is a completely another thing and the characters can't save it forever.
Old 2016-08-20, 12:26   Link #236
WiliamZ0

Quote:
@WiliamZ0 I think you're a bit mistaken on the source of this... argument, I guess. It's less about whether we enjoy what Kamachi wrote or not and more that speaking opinions has been making everyone step on one landmine or another for a few days now (even outside of this thread) and that's got nothing to do with Kamachi, or even Index.
Probably, Most likely...

Sorry LoreMaster m(_ _)m
Old 2016-08-20, 12:27   Link #237
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
@Chosen_Hero

Kamisato I can understand, but how is Kanou remotely related to Touma's character? His whole purpose in the story was leagues different from Kamisato, to pay homage to Frenda, that's it. In fact, I would argue that Hamazura had more meaningful interactions with him. He was never set up to compare with Touma. I understand how people generally dislike wimpy kids, but at least don't make irrational accusations like that.
What I meant was that Touma is someone that tries and works hard for what he wants to achieve, we see him stuggle just to even grasp a tiny bit of hope. Then we have Kamisato who doesn't need to put too much work for everything to just go his way (mostly because his harem does the work him), and then we have Kanou Shinka who never tried to do anything and was lead around by St Germain only to end up getting all of the credit for the defeat of St Germain and being classified as a true hero and a man just for throwing the last inconsequential punch (the only thing he did all volume long apart from cowering, crying, and getting controlled). I wasn't saying he was an exact copy but that if you compare the things that they've done they contrast against Touma and in my opinion that is a weakness of NT.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-08-20 at 12:48.
Chosen_Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 13:20   Link #238
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
What I meant was that Touma is someone that tries and works hard for what he wants to achieve, we see him stuggle just to even grasp a tiny bit of hope. Then we have Kamisato who doesn't need to put too much work for everything to just go his way (mostly because his harem does the work him), and then we have Kanou Shinka who never tried to do anything and was lead around by ST. Germain only to end up getting all of the credit for the defeat of ST. Germain and being classified as a true hero and a man just for throwing the last inconsequential punch (the only thing he did all volume long apart from cowering, crying, and getting controlled). I wasn't saying he was an exact copy but that if you compare the things that they've done they contrast against Touma and in my opinion that is a weakness of NT.
That's fair enough. I guess Touma meant the hero thing as Kanou getting past going on a revenge on Frenda's death. I don't think the last blow meant much, tbh I also felt that it was lacking, even with the illustration backing it. After all Kanou was not someone that memorable other than being a token Shota. Still, he didn't choose the easy way out, realized his faults and would rather St Germain kill him right there instead of tarnishing a friend's memory, that's a brave thing that should be celebrated. In that instance Touma feels he's just an outsider, which is why I think Hamazura was the star there.

Honestly at this point it's hard to compare Touma's feats to people he comes across. It puts Touma on a pedestal and I think that's a bad thing. Which is why I think it would be better to see what Touma can reflect off of others. Just like he did with Hamazura in NT 12, reflecting that he was "weak" but was OK with it after prodding from Othinus. In this case Kamisato raised an interesting point about the responsibility that comes with their powers. It would be interesting to see Touma's take on the subject. Ultimately, these other characters have influence on our main character, giving him a chance to shine in a speech or action, and that intrigues me.

So Kamisato is going to be this convenient guy who doesn't struggle when Touma would and people don't like him because of it? This is great. Of course we want to see characters make an effort, it's only logical, just like how I enjoy seeing Touma's wits and endeavors every time. It only means I need to look elsewhere for enjoying Kamisato's character. Such as what other characters would do to counter him, what's really going on behind the smug confidence (though we know more than half of it by now), what does Laura expect him to do to Aleister etc. He's part of the battle between Laura and Aleister after all.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 15:17   Link #239
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
@dniv
People can dislike Kamisato's character because they don't like his type of character or for whatever other reason they may have. That's just subjective opinions and tastes, nor objective facts like you appear to believe. There's types of characters that I don't like, and no character development less than a total shift will change my mind on them. Same with some series. Honestly, you need to stop reacting like this every time someone complains about anything in the series. Claiming you don't care doesn't really work when you continue your post like that.

You're free to disagree with people's opinions, I don't agree with some people's opinions about several things in the series, including Kamisato. But just because you don't share their opinion, it doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong.
All of you seriously need to take a chill pill. I was literally just sharing my opinion both on the writing and my opinion on all of your opinions since you were saying it was destroying the writing for you. Maybe that's how you feel. But I'm entitled to thinking that feeling that way is biased, even if I'm wrong, amn't I? Sheesh.

And I agree that people hate different types of characters and also like different types of characters. But that doesn't mean that I have to agree with you hating a particular type of person regardless of whether or not it is actually the case. A lot of us did think we'd never like whatever character and then we did... many of us felt that way even about Accelerator so I think it's all hard to tell ahead of time. To be honest, a lot of my point is that I have faith in Kamachi. He is no God, but that doesn't mean he sucks. I'm allowed to praise him as much as I want here, because I was giving an analysis. I think all of you read my tone wrong. I wasn't trying to make fun of your choices. I was just saying I think all of you should be giving him more of a chance. You all being biased doesn't mean that you're wrong. It means that you're weighing his appearances in the other books and looking at what he is like at the end of chapter 3 when we still have two whole chapters left that'll clearly develop him more and hopefully give him some closure. I don't see how that's unreasonable (of me to point out).

Quote:
Please @Dniv explain to me how my opinion is biased? When not only did I give an honest thought, but I also hoped that Kamachi make me like later on. Do you realise it took me until halfway through OT series to like Misaka Mikoto and even then it was only a minor liking. I'm a hard man to please and any opinion shared on this forum is one based on reading the entire OT and NT just like everyone else up to this point.

Please refrain from sounding like what you've got from reading the novels is correct and everyone else's is biased opinions. You done this many times and it's disrespectful for all of us who are only expressing our first honest thoughts.
I think all of you misunderstand my tone. Perhaps it's my communication style. But I have my own way of enjoying what I read. You don't need to like the same characters as me, but I still have my own opinions that I'm free to express. I think that based on what I can read from Kamachi's intentions based on the organization of the writing and based on the symbolism in the text, that Kamisato is meant to represent something specific. This was obvious ever since his first appearance, and it was highlighted again after his thoughts were included in the between the lines section for the chapter. I am not mandating any of you to agree with me, but I am still taking the time to explain how I feel about him, how Kamachi has probably tried to portray him based off of what I've gathered from the text, and blah. And I want to assert, I always talk like this. I say X is true or Y is true because I'm a math person. However, I'm the sort of person who after I am corrected will instantly change what I say to Z is true and I was wrong. I just talk in absolutes, but what I say is true is much less stable or unlikely to change or mandatory on what I think you should think or feel when reading the story than you probably imagine. It has and probably always will be my communication style. This is very different from me going out there and saying stop hating on an aspect of the work. There's a huge difference between me saying you are wrong, you are biased, and you are a hater. These are very different levels of criticism. Saying you are biased is a genuine concern I have to offer because I think you are not reading between the lines. Everyone has their own way of reading, but until we discuss things thoroughly here I don't see why I have to think your way of reading things is right until you have proven your point. I mean, it partially has to do with your opinion and what you are subjectively looking for and I understand that and everyone has their own subjective pleasures and I'm a subjectivist (well more of a relativist) so I REALLY understand that (in no way am I an objectivist in the least), but my "scolding" isn't scolding. I'm just frustrated when I liked something so much and saw something good and then see Chosen just whale on Kamisato which from my perspective seems utterly random based on the fact that y'all don't like that type of character.

It especially bothers me though because the whole literal point of this series is to respect different ways of thinking and being and that is as clear as day. So when you all just can't accept a particular character even when he continues to get character development that just obviously bothers me. This is especially true when his ideological viewpoint is important enough to make him a literal foil to Touma in probably some of the most ways we have seen another antagonist/protagonist do yet.

Quote:
I agree with LazyHunter and Loremaster here, you have done this way too much in the past few days and it just makes any sort of NT16 discussion absolutely worthless. If you're going to say you're going to do effort on that aspect then please provide that effort and stop judging and implying other peoples' opinions are worthless via your "I don't care" as you provide an analysis of why people are reading this series wrong unlike you. You're on a discussion forum, so if you're unwilling to accept anything but opinions akin to your own then you're going to have one hell of a hard time.

Not to mention this is both rude and unacceptable. Please stop blindly white-knighting the series at the cost of the people trying to have a mature discussion, you said it yourself you enjoyed a fair share of criticism towards the series, so why are you utterly incapable of accepting any amount of it (which really goes against your notion of an equal balance of criticism and praise) and feel the need to defend everything as if you were the only one truly understanding Kamachi's will which exempts the series from anyone's criticism unless you agree with it? Just because you don't agree with the criticism doesn't mean it's not valid and no one ever said that for the series to have a flaw, all 100% of the readers had to agree and the fact that you don't accept any criticism you feel is "biased" only proves the point of people who dislike this fandom without giving us a chance.

And that's speaking as someone who has no bloody clue of what's even going on in Chapter 3 so I can't possibly have a biased opinion on the matter. I'm just seriously not looking forward to what kind of battlefield awaits me when I'm actually going to read NT16 if this kind of shit happens on a daily basis already.
I'm getting really annoyed here. You first all misinterpret my post. I didn't criticize your opinions. This is just getting inappropriate here. I just want some freaking analysis for god sake. Kamisato is unlikable. Kamisato is not an old character. This series went down since Kamisato has been here. Fine, those are your opinions. Fine you can express them. But give substance to what you are all saying. I did that. That's what I expect from myself, so what's wrong with me expecting that from all of you? I mean, I'm not going to force you to do it, but I'll still spend the time arguing for my own points.

And as far as me saying I don't care if you agree or not. That doesn't mean I don't value your opinion. It means I won't force my opinion onto you. So you all read that completely backwards. That was me trying to be polite. I don't care means that everyone is entitled to feel the way they want. I could have said something like you are all wrong. From my perspective you are all biased because you disagree with me. It doesn't mean you are actually objectively biased. It doesn't mean you are wrong, but since none of you were providing what to me seemed like clear or effective explanations I said you were biased from my perspective based on the information that I currently have access to.

I don't want to make anything posts in this forum. I gave good reasons. I'm starting to personally lose my patience with all of you. I didn't make any fighting words. In fact, I gave a long, thoughtful post, that I thought all of you would enjoy. Then I come back in a few hours and see people insulting my post style and making fun of my post. If anything is inappropriate it is that. I have been working on my style. And I did. I understand that I did it before, and so you all chose to interpret my post that way because it conformed with your original mental image of what my style is like. But that isn't what I intended with my post, it isn't what I was saying, and I'd like an apology from all of you for reading it wrong and trying to call me out on something that I never did. I stick by my promises and I worked on what I said I was working on. Sheesh.

Anyway, I can promise to work on not only being more positive here, but also on improving my communication style so it's hard to read into it things like that. But that is much harder for me to do because I have little control over my communication style because of my ADHD. But I can guarantee that you read into my entire post wrong. It was supposed to be a positive light hearted jab at you all. It wasn't supposed to be me brutally making fun of you all and then getting insulted by three people all at once who are trying to defend themselves because they feel hurt. That wasn't my intention at all. And I'm sorry if I did cause that by accident. :|

Quote:
Whoa! Calm down guys!! It's just opinion. I can't say everyone wrong and right here. I understood why such differences of opinion appeared. I get and read every opinion here to the point I get each of them.

Each people have different way to interpret this volume. I can say that This is one of most complex volume Kamachi made.

And let's not forget, the author of this LN is none other than Kamachi. If he didn't like it, he won't put his idea in the LN, no matter how we argued
That's true enough. And you are right. This is just my opinion. Nothing more nothing less. And I agree, Kamachi put it there because he has intentions. And I agree with them. I can see what he is going for. Regardless of his execution, I like what he was going for. Of course, nothing is ever perfect.

Quote:

I think he is a god sent writer lol. I just think he is always very flawed. But I still think he is a god sent writer. He does things no other writer does. And that makes me think he is a god sent writer. For me he's a God because he is so ambitious, he puts so much together, and because he describes things so damn well. Not to mention his plots are super interesting, his characters are wonderful, and he's super original. And his stories are excellent and emotional with the best twists and foreshadowing. If that doesn't make him God, then I don't know what does. Sure he has hits and misses, but I don't really care. For me, he does something other writers are way too afraid to try and that's why he'll always be my god in a sense.

Quote:
To be fair, his ability to keep people invested in the story regardless of how many flaws they find as long as they enjoy one character or aspect of the story is a notable skill in and of itself that not many LN authors are granted with. It takes a certain amount of talent to keep people this passionate about a series they keep finding flaws with since NT began and I'm unfortunately guilty of that.

Uh, it was just an opinion as I described earlier. He read my post right. Please don't put words in my mouth for me, and once again I apologize if my intent was hard to construe. But yes, you read it wrong. Please read it again with anger goggles off. And I really am sorry, even if I look like I'm being casual about this. I just don't want to cause more anger here. I don't know what to do about my communication style, but yes, you definitely read it wrong...

Quote:
yep no one is perfect and I accepted that, this is why I don't go around shouting out loud how bad Kamachi is and why he should improve. I only share what I as a hopeful professional writer think about his writing decisions. But Kamachi isn't bad, I think he's pretty skilful and good but he's no where near the best and that was an opinion I had to make clear.

Exactly he has good skill I never intend to deny it. He's kept me invested but that has been seriously tested in NT, much as the characters are great, the overall story is a completely another thing and the characters can't save it forever.
Mhm. Lol. That makes sense. For me, he is near the best. But only in a few senses. I think he has lots of weaknesses. But he does some things no other writers do and those are the things I care far more about than with other aspects of writing and storytelling and this is also why I often act as I do. And once again, I don't care means I will tune out what others think. I won't pursue it vindictively, and I won't be swayed by it, but I will consider it. It's not supposed to be demeaning... sorry if I came across like that...

Quote:
Probably, Most likely...

Sorry LoreMaster m(_ _)m
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
What I meant was that Touma is someone that tries and works hard for what he wants to achieve, we see him stuggle just to even grasp a tiny bit of hope. Then we have Kamisato who doesn't need to put too much work for everything to just go his way (mostly because his harem does the work him), and then we have Kanou Shinka who never tried to do anything and was lead around by St Germain only to end up getting all of the credit for the defeat of St Germain and being classified as a true hero and a man just for throwing the last inconsequential punch (the only thing he did all volume long apart from cowering, crying, and getting controlled). I wasn't saying he was an exact copy but that if you compare the things that they've done they contrast against Touma and in my opinion that is a weakness of NT.
That's a pretty good analysis. And I already knew about you disliking those two lol. It annoys me, but of course I accept it. It still annoys me though. I feel bad for Kanou Shinka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
That's fair enough. I guess Touma meant the hero thing as Kanou getting past going on a revenge on Frenda's death. I don't think the last blow meant much, tbh I also felt that it was lacking, even with the illustration backing it. After all Kanou was not someone that memorable other than being a token Shota. Still, he didn't choose the easy way out, realized his faults and would rather St Germain kill him right there instead of tarnishing a friend's memory, that's a brave thing that should be celebrated. In that instance Touma feels he's just an outsider, which is why I think Hamazura was the star there.

Honestly at this point it's hard to compare Touma's feats to people he comes across. It puts Touma on a pedestal and I think that's a bad thing. Which is why I think it would be better to see what Touma can reflect off of others. Just like he did with Hamazura in NT 12, reflecting that he was "weak" but was OK with it after prodding from Othinus. In this case Kamisato raised an interesting point about the responsibility that comes with their powers. It would be interesting to see Touma's take on the subject. Ultimately, these other characters have influence on our main character, giving him a chance to shine in a speech or action, and that intrigues me.

So Kamisato is going to be this convenient guy who doesn't struggle when Touma would and people don't like him because of it? This is great. Of course we want to see characters make an effort, it's only logical, just like how I enjoy seeing Touma's wits and endeavors every time. It only means I need to look elsewhere for enjoying Kamisato's character. Such as what other characters would do to counter him, what's really going on behind the smug confidence (though we know more than half of it by now), what does Laura expect him to do to Aleister etc. He's part of the battle between Laura and Aleister after all.
I think we'll see more of Kamisato to come in a light that will make at least some of us feel differently about him.
__________________________________________________ _________

Either way, I do treat Kamachi like god at times because he is god in certain respects. I read a lot, but I can say that some of the things Kamachi does are never replicated anywhere in other writing. No other styles seem to be both so casual but also so philosophical and meta and fantastical and blah at the same time for me. I don't like it too dry, I love it chunny. But I also like the philosophy and Index goes crazy with it so I love it.

Lastly, I hate the effect of certain first impressions. I'm annoyed this happened. I won't apologize for what I said because I said nothing hurtful. I will apologize for my communication style, but I caution that I don't have much control over that. And I hope people apologize back because frankly the way you all misread my writing was pretty inappropriate all considering it was just an opinion. I've been here for a long time and I'm a lot more mature than you all probably think...

Edit: I recommend you all read through all sections of this post for my full answer. Each person I replied to shouldn't just look at their own section because those are individually incomplete. *derp*

Edit: Once again. I don't want to make enemies here. I just want friends. Regardless of how I may seem. I talk like this because I trust all of you. We're all fans of this series. We all want to discuss what is good and what is bad about it. And I trust that you can all see my intent and not get too hurt by it after I take the time to explain myself. We can all relatively understand each other here. That's why we all like reading a series like this in the first place anyway... probably. "I believe in the you that believes in me."

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )

Last edited by dniv; 2016-08-20 at 15:36.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 15:38   Link #240
mark1246

Geez your gone for a few hours and 1 page turn into a total kamisato hate festival, where was this when Othinus show up and change her mind to go back to touma world cause "SHE FOUND A FRIEND", wish i had this backlash those years ago.....oh god it been that long

Well get got tonight chapter to wait for to see Kamisato last time to shine, cause if we know Kamachi, every charcater that gonna die get badass fight before the Quote Unquote "Bite the Dust" (well that is we save him, then he walk out of the story)

PS: have a quick question for the Die hard fans, i know i ask this yesterday but really need to know this now

Has...Kamachi actually foreshadow any event from his past novel for any future volumes? Me and my friends brought this up and thought really hard and we came up with nothing, (rip NT10 weather theory).

thanks

PS2: so i seeing this tread on twitter: #鎌池作品版深夜の真剣お絵描き60分一本勝負 and it litererally show tons of Nt16 fanart and other index pics. I google tran and it say this: Kamaike work version midnight seriously drawing 60-minute one-game match

is it like a "draw what u can in 60min" thing? please explain and thanks