AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-07, 20:07   Link #61
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Glad to have this one back, season one left us hanging on the Yaralandra storyline.
To be fair, the Yarandrala storyline was only resumed in LN Vol 5.
S1 covered Vols 1-4 which wasn't focused on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Good to see the gang back together. I was wondering where they'd go with the story after the first season, but it seems we'll focus on a "the Almighty has preordained destiny" vs "Free will" storyline.
That's always been the underlying plot of the series as a whole, imo.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 20:55   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Was that OP designed purely to show off how cute Ruti is? If so...good choice! That was a visual festival of Ruti moments! And I guess Tisse was looking good too .

Wow...that new hero is pretty horrifying. Definitely makes getting Ruti out of her situation the greatest win in the history of that world. No reason for her to have to be turned into something like that. I do feel for the kid though. He lost his kingdom and now has been basically turned into a humanoid weapon for the divine. Seems a given that he'll be sent after Ruti at some point. And will pose an interesting dilemma. Ruti gained her freedom. But then someone else had their freedom taken. They might save this kid, but that should just mean another person will get that burden dropped on them. Free will is complicated.

Holy smokes Yaralandra is a loose cannon. I'm half surprised she didn't accidentally destroy Red's house during all her crazy attacks.

Anyways, back to the important stuff...like Ruti being ungodly cute . Her smoking of the goblins was hilariously awesome. I know action isn't the main focus here. But every time she gets to fight it is a treat. All the more so thanks to her being a much more complete person. Cancelling out the terrible stuff attached to that hero's blessing while still having quite a bit of power to spare.

I'll give Yaralandra credit. It is unreasonable to just ask a small group to save the world. A much larger group would obviously have a much larger chance. Although the world does need to be saved or...everyone dies. So definitely important to get to the right conclusion.

Great episode. Red and Rit remain a great couple. Ruti remains super cute. Tisse is pretty awesome. Just a solid episode.
Old 2024-01-07, 21:19   Link #63
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Pretty good episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Wow, that's quite nice
did you see when she was knockin' the goblin heads in this ep? Her clothing was as looking mighty fine; *chefs kiss at the midnight blue top with midnight blue leggings and short-shorts, but there was something in her animations that made her seem a little more special(cute? sexy?) than usual. Then that unnecessary shirt hike with tight abs at the end, animated only to titillate the viewer .
Spoiler for img:

Anyway, the elf coming back was nice. It was obv she was in love with Red, but was too afraid of making the commitment due to previous relationships(lovers passing away) as well as being generous to give Rit the chance. I doubt she'll make any waves in their relationship at this point, but seeing how she interacts with the both of them might be a fun time =03.

And it looks like it'll eventually be hero vs hero for this season's antagonist. But I'm more interested in the slow life with everyone in the village.

And I wonder what the polearm woman(who was part of the old party) role will be in all of this. Can anyone give me a synopsis of what she did/said in the prev season? I just remember she had a personal talk with Gideon at some point, but can't remember any details.

Last edited by frubam; 2024-01-07 at 21:36.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-08, 00:00   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Pretty good episode.

did you see when she was knockin' the goblin heads in this ep? Her clothing was as looking mighty fine; *chefs kiss at the midnight blue top with midnight blue leggings and short-shorts, but there was something in her animations that made her seem a little more special(cute? sexy?) than usual. Then that unnecessary shirt hike with tight abs at the end, animated only to titillate the viewer .
Spoiler for img:

Anyway, the elf coming back was nice. It was obv she was in love with Red, but was too afraid of making the commitment due to previous relationships(lovers passing away) as well as being generous to give Rit the chance. I doubt she'll make any waves in their relationship at this point, but seeing how she interacts with the both of them might be a fun time =03.

And it looks like it'll eventually be hero vs hero for this season's antagonist. But I'm more interested in the slow life with everyone in the village.

And I wonder what the polearm woman(who was part of the old party) role will be in all of this. Can anyone give me a synopsis of what she did/said in the prev season? I just remember she had a personal talk with Gideon at some point, but can't remember any details.
She was part of their original party. She was pretty faithful to their religion and was on team "make Ruti keep being the Hero without any better option" but eventually just left them be.
Old 2024-01-08, 01:01   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Pretty good episode.

Spoiler for img:

Definitely seems like they wanted to up the Ruti appeal for this season. No complaints here of course . Some nice leg work on her kicking some goblins around and then going for the face crush . Definitely some attention to detail with having her shirt rise up to show off that fit body. Even giving her a chance to re-adjust her top after. Plus a whole OP to show her off . She's finally part of the main story and the show is making the most of it! No more B plot for Ruti.

The nice thing is that outside of being a hot-head that elf does seem pretty chipper about Red and Rit being together. I'm curious if she'll remain around town as part of the main story or a "here sometimes, gone at other times" character? Might depend on what they find out about this weird plant health situation.
Old 2024-01-08, 01:16   Link #66
Random14

Nice to see this series back, and glad they already had Yarandrala meet up with the party again. Though she seems a bit hotheaded even if it was out of concern for Gideon.

That's definitely a... different opening from the first season. So there's already a replacement Hero for Ruti, and he's way more zealous. Not-Theodora is probably going to miss Ruti soon, if not already.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-08, 07:54   Link #67
Lex79

I was worried that we would spend half the season before the elf would meet Red, but luckily it only took one episode.
The new hero feels like bad news. He seems to be the kind of zealot who'll gladly try to force Ruti, Red and Rit back to their roles or kill them for being heretics who disobeyed god's will. Of course given what we know from season one that might not be entirely his fault if his mind is being corrupted by his class.
I'm still expecting that at some point the protagonists will decide to go back saving the world, only this time because they personally want to and on their own terms. I'm curious to see if that's really going to happen or the author is committed to slice of life.
Old 2024-01-08, 10:33   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Nice to see this series back, and glad they already had Yarandrala meet up with the party again. Though she seems a bit hotheaded even if it was out of concern for Gideon.

That's definitely a... different opening from the first season. So there's already a replacement Hero for Ruti, and he's way more zealous. Not-Theodora is probably going to miss Ruti soon, if not already.
I'm just thinking if Yarandrala had actually killed Gideon it would've saved them the trouble if he ends up exposing that Ruti broke him out of prison and the main cast helped keep him out of prison, making them all criminals and accomplices .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I was worried that we would spend half the season before the elf would meet Red, but luckily it only took one episode.
The new hero feels like bad news. He seems to be the kind of zealot who'll gladly try to force Ruti, Red and Rit back to their roles or kill them for being heretics who disobeyed god's will. Of course given what we know from season one that might not be entirely his fault if his mind is being corrupted by his class.
I'm still expecting that at some point the protagonists will decide to go back saving the world, only this time because they personally want to and on their own terms. I'm curious to see if that's really going to happen or the author is committed to slice of life.
Honestly I've been wondering about that since season 1. Especially when Ruti still seems to be dwelling over what she should be doing in life.

But the show seems to reject the notion of a Hero fighting against the Demon Lord or that automatically being the protagonists' job and something they need to do, that I'm not sure if it'll actually happen. The only way I can see it is Ruti deciding to do it and Red and Rit going along with her because they wouldn't really care otherwise.
Old 2024-01-08, 22:28   Link #69
Strahan

Quote:
Oh yea, I definitely rewound that, paused, then frame advanced to enjoy the nice work they did
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-09, 01:41   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm just thinking if Yarandrala had actually killed Gideon it would've saved them the trouble if he ends up exposing that Ruti broke him out of prison and the main cast helped keep him out of prison, making them all criminals and accomplices .

Honestly I've been wondering about that since season 1. Especially when Ruti still seems to be dwelling over what she should be doing in life.

But the show seems to reject the notion of a Hero fighting against the Demon Lord or that automatically being the protagonists' job and something they need to do, that I'm not sure if it'll actually happen. The only way I can see it is Ruti deciding to do it and Red and Rit going along with her because they wouldn't really care otherwise.
Having Yarandrala kill Gideon/Red sure would have made this a completely different episode . I know you mean Godwin, but it's way more hilarious to read it the way you typed it up .

I do wonder if they will end up going down the road of trying to save the world. The big issue was that Ruti had no choice. She wasn't motivated by anything because she wasn't allowed motivations. Of course when free she wouldn't just go on that journey and would want to spend time with her brother. But is that something she's fine with long term?

Could definitely see either this situation or something down the road pushing Ruti to take action. Red I'm not sure about honestly. He doesn't seem that worried about taking action. Partly because he puts down his own abilities and partly because he's just really comfortable. Unlike Ruti there's seemingly little internal dilemma about what he wants from his life.

Honestly regardless of what Ruti chooses I could see Red and Rit just chilling out and not bothering to go with her .
Old 2024-01-14, 11:37   Link #71
Frontier

It's nice to see Yarandrala with Red and Rit again and to see how happy she is that the two are finally together...but she would be even happier if they moved back with her to the home of the High Elves. Though I love how Ruti said "nope" so fast, she knows what she wants and doesn't want now .

I get where Yarandrala is coming from thinking it would be safer with Elves who never betray or turn on you, especially when she's so incensed at the situation Red and Rit went through (more than they are at any rate), but the pair are happy in Zoltan right now. I mean, if you find a place where if you want to spend more time with your wife the people make a family dinner out of it, who wouldn't want to stay behind? And maybe they can sell Yarandrala on Zoltan ?

Thank you Tisse and your love of Hot Springs for finding one for the group! I definitely appreciated the view and I'm not just talking about the sunset !

Poor Red got his lady, his lady friend, and his sister walking in on him buck-naked when he's just trying to relax...or lucky Red, depending on the perspective. Also apparently Ruti rationalizes her closeness with her brother as being his "lover," which...yeah. Though at least she accepts Rit as the wife !

I see elves and dwarves not getting along is a universal truth .

These Gem Giants aren't looking so good! But that just makes it all the more sweet how Red and the gang freely give up their glass to heal them with no promise of gems in return. No wonder the Gem Giants swear eternal friendship !

On paper the Gem Giants seem like the kind of enemy in an RPG you defeat and level up/collect rare gems from, but here they're sentient, have families, and are as human as you or I. And it's nice that Ruti is gaining better perspective on things .

Welp, looks like a boss battle with a beast that hasn't been defeated in any sort of history! And the Gem Beast is so ferocious that not even Ruti's Hero strength is enough to completely topple it, and not only can it absorb and mimic the magic attacks of it's enemies but it also has so many Blessing's it's near invincible! It's even got a Meteor Shower attack !

Luckily we've got Red's potion and with some great teamwork they're able to weaken the beast enough for Ruti to end it in one punch! But what was with that writing ?

Well, Red struck out on a gem for his engagement ring, but at least Mogrim is happy and they slew a dangerous create. And Yarandrala is happy to see Red and Rit happy and that means she's going to be sticking around !

Uh oh! They're going to be investigating Zoltan after finding the airship Ruti and Tisse used! And Van is interested in going there too! I can see Esta doing her utmost to keep him away, but I don't trust Ljubo at all .
Old 2024-01-14, 21:35   Link #72
grecefar

nice fanservice, as always I'm grateful that there is not white light. No nippiles?, ok, doesn't matter I can live with it but I won't accept the white light or black screen.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 21:46   Link #73
Random14

Oh boy, Tisse is probably going to need a lot more hot spring time after hearing about Ruti's plans for the future. Its a good thing Ruti isn't against Rit being Red's wife at least.

Who would have thought they'd run into a beast that even Ruti was having a hard time with? Especially when their current party is still pretty strong too.

I wonder how far they'll go with the divine blessing backstory this season, that's always been one of the most interesting things about this setting. Between that Gem Beast's multiple Blessings and Ruti and Red refusing to see other beings as just fodder, maybe they'll look more into the nature of their world.

Though the new Hero coming to town will probably be a bigger problem soon. Its not a matter of firepower (between Ruti and now Yarandrala hanging around) but rather there goes that quiet life they love about Zoltan.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 23:17   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well..it's good to know that Ruti has things planned out . Pretty sure it's not going to go like she's planning, but it's good to have goals I suppose!

The one good thing is that it seems like this Van is still being built up in terms of power. Makes sense that he's not going to catch up to Ruti that quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some powered down impact thanks to that new blessing she gained. But even if she's not at prime strength she's likely still a good deal more powerful than this guy who is just getting started. But...he's pretty determined to get stronger so it's only a matter of time before he becomes a threat.

No surprise that Red and Rit are happy to stay in Zoltan. They are settled and are comfortable. They'd be treated well with the elves of course. But no point uprooting when they spent a whole season getting settled in and becoming part of the community. Of course that may not be so easy to maintain if threats like the upcoming Hero are dropped on their heads.

That Gem Beast was...well a beast. That's a major threat to deal with. Strong enough to handle this group which is pretty darn capable. They did managed to overcome it, but not easily. Also I'm not sure what Red is talking about regarding not being able to keep up with the hero's party. Seems like he can keep up just fine.
Old 2024-01-14, 23:21   Link #75
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I swear, these shows really just can't help themselves can they...
Old 2024-01-15, 00:14   Link #76
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I swear, these shows really just can't help themselves can they...
In fairness I think the idea is that Ruti is still recovering from being so emotionally repressed and unable to properly feel or convey her feelings so she doesn't quite know what she's talking about .
Old 2024-01-15, 16:13   Link #77
AndrewR5D4

Season 1 covered four volumes, but to reach the new hero story arc, this one would need to cover at least volumes 5 though 9. Some books will need to be left out or rushed. I do recall some of the story arcs in volumes 5-7 felt long and drawn out in novel form, so maybe this could be a good thing.

Ruti is apparently fine with her brother getting married to somebody else so long as she gets some action in between. If she weren't so small and cute, I'd be more concerned by this...

I question whether Yarandrala liked Gideon but simply decided not to get in deep because she knew he would die long before her. At the very least, she's much more in touch with her human friends than Frieren typically is.
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 20:35   Link #78
Strahan

Oooh, a fanservice episode this fast. It's funny that Ruti knows she cannot marry Gideon due to familial relation but sees no problem with sleeping with him lol. Tisse's reaction was amusing

I can't believe I didn't notice Theodora was with Van before. Just didn't click until this episode. It still irks me she had no punishment from last season; if she goes against them this time, they better put her down without holding back. I know she felt she was doing the right thing, but if I were Ruti simply healing Tisse would not balance the scales. She blew a hole in the sage guy just for running Gideon off, I'm surprised she was so inclined to mercy toward a person who tried to murder him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
nice fanservice, as always I'm grateful that there is not white light. No nippiles?, ok, doesn't matter I can live with it but I won't accept the white light or black screen.
Agreed. I would prefer they not censor at all, but if we gotta do it this way is much better. Light beams are annoying, and even worse is when it's some sort of graphic just pasted over lol. At least this isn't intrusive.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-16, 13:38   Link #79
Lex79

Is the author really going for harem/incest? Maybe there is some Hope for the elf too. We'll have to wait and see what Rit thinks of the matter.
Old 2024-01-16, 16:12   Link #80
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Is the author really going for harem/incest? Maybe there is some Hope for the elf too. We'll have to wait and see what Rit thinks of the matter.
As of the most recent books that have been translated by Yen Press,
Spoiler:
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hero party