1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.13%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-03, 04:18   Link #181
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
If I'm not wrong, it was mentioned in the series that Moonlight Butterfly turns everything in it's range into dust. Like a giant beam saber.
The Moonlight Butterfly is actually a massive nanotech emission, which destroys all forms of technology it touches, which is why the Turn-A was responsible for the Earth's pre-technological plight in the beginning of the story.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 04:24   Link #182
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Things are getting interesting. Seems like they finally realized Veda is not to be trusted.
Old 2008-02-03, 05:08   Link #183
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, in the beginning they said, that the presence of the Gundams intefere with normal radio communication, but since a few eps ago, all those fighters have no problems with communication during the battle.
Sounds like an inconsistency to me too, but I suppose there is an explanation for that somewhere. I get the feeling, though, that the particles weren't in much use during the Meister Disaster in episode 15, which might actually explain why communications were still online.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:12   Link #184
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
BTW, in the beginning they said, that the presence of the Gundams intefere with normal radio communication, but since a few eps ago, all those fighters have no problems with communication during the battle.
As repeatedly shown, Gundams jam communications by choice, that is they can choose NOT to release GN particles for the purpose of blacking out communications systems. This was the case with Graham first finding the Exia, and Lockon switching off communications jamming in preparation for seriously fighting Graham (which explains why they suddenly recieved those communiques about the conservatives seconds later).

GN particle communications jamming isn't a passive, always active feature, it can be turned on or off at will.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-03, 05:30   Link #185
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Dude obviously you have not seen Wing or SEED/DESTINY

Kira beam spams

Kira beam spams again

Kira beam spams still

Kira continues beam spamming

Wait a minute... isnt this the same old recycled crap over and over????

Yeah was alot of fun watching kira and co just owning every grunt suit out there.

00 have aces in custom suits that can give meisters a fighting challenge..

So this is a step up from the older series in the past 10 years

im surprised that you gave a good score... thumbs up

But yes i do agree neena giving setsuna a kiss would of made him react in abnormal manner.. He isnt your typical teenager and probably felt violated in his state of mind.... i havn seen the raw yet but given the screenies it kinda looke like that....

Im still rooting for a setsuna x neena pairing i hope setsuna doesnt go ape $hit on us and kills her....

Time will tell and another 8 episodes till season 1 is over

Never know.. maybe Setsuna and neena may duke it out, only to crash land on a deserted island, while spending some bonding time together get over their differences

Crap!!!! Seed already done this
Oh I shouldn't do this but... i just have to say something

What is obvious is that I'm big CE fan from the moment it begun to the moment it finished. That more than 50% of people can't see the depths and elegance of GSD story is understandable, that people complain so much about not-that-big number of reused scenes is barely understandable,
but people complaining about balance of CE fights should be punishable by law :P

Let's see.... until Kira gets Freedom, for more than half of GS he enjoys quite a nice hell defending Archangel against other X numbers and then on the desert and in ocean and again X numbers. Those battles were damn good, dynamic, balanced and contained NOT A SINGLE reused scene.
Then, Kira gets Freedom, pwns everything around him in Josh-A battle as anyone surely would and then guess what?
Three psycho's come!
So don't bash at GS, this trio nearly shred Freedom to pieces which was saved only due to Justice last-moment intervention. And then this didn't pushed the balance to other side as even combined almighty blah blah blah so hated Killer Duo couldn't beat Forbidden, Raider and Calamity. Moreover, they were close to total defeat when Kira lost his brainz and rushed to retrieve Flay later on in space.
Oh, and then what comes? Final battle. Guess what. Some beam spamming here and there and not only comes psycho-trio but Raul.
I'd say anyone who is saying that GS battles were boring/unbalanced/gundams were untouchable should rewatch the whole last episode. There is nice zoom-in on Freedom in the first half, its armour was already in bad shape at a time.
(I could continue about GSD but that's 00 thread not CE thread so I'll say it's enough. One thing tough - Kira beam spam proved pretty much underpowered later in the series. Remember Destroy? :P)

Now where do I see that in 00?
Nowhere.
No damage to CB mobile suits armour. Not after 12 hours of constant bombardment. If I were commanding officer of one of three powers at this time I would drop a nuke or two on the guys, just to see if I can damage their paint job.
I daresay they had the autorization to use nukes.
No balanced battle. Those few encounters with Graham/Patrick/Siergiei/Soma I refuse to count as battles, battle in real robo show should not last 1 minute. And then again, some of them was "Gundam pwns everything" too.
Besides Gundam Wing which was first Gundam show I've ever seen and which i consider horrible, nowhere in entire Gundam history we've witnessed so one-sideness.

Still 00 is better than wing at least because it has lower plotholes concentration up until now and it has few interesting characters. I've watched wing because of Duo and Deathscythe, now I have Ali/Hali, Kyrios, Lockon, Luise/Saji, Marina, Ali, younger trinity guy, Black-Comet Graham...
and it was damn fun to see Soma dodging Fangs in so bulky mobile suit How she managed that I can't understand but I hope she'll do that again xD
She and Halleluyach will team up and beat the crap out of Zwei and then will live long and prosper together.

You know people, this really is 00 thread, it's sad I have to defend CE here. It's sad that everything which happens in 00 is compared to CE and CE only.
If to anything, 00 should be compared to WING, they are similar.
Damn... well... I know, I can't stop some people from blind hating CE, they just need it to live as I need oxygene. I think I'll go rewatch CCA or last episode of GSD to repair my mood.
I hope that one day they'll make something with similar idea to Gundam X.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:34   Link #186
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boohahaha View Post
And that is when it went all downhill in terms of the action and later the series.

like Kaioshin_Sama said, GSD has the worst action scenes. When Kira comes in.. it's ALL OVER.. predictable outcomes coupled with even more horrible recycled scenes. Phew Phew there goes the head, arm, gun. Phew Phew there goes the head, arm, gun. Phew Phew there goes the head, arm, gun. Phew Phew there goes the head, arm, gun. Phew Phew there goes the head, arm, gun.

If you guys want to see a more balanced fight, watch UC Gundam series and OVA's.

I like the new Gundam Meisters, adds more spice and intrigue into the story.
Dont remind me, *Kira shows up* spam, cuts ms arms off, next scene beam spam...next scene *the enemy sits there in a stunned state as Kira flies in and cuts his ms arm off*Wait a minute wasnt that the same background i saw just a second ago *enemy yells* Oh no, its the freedom *Kira swoops in and start spamming the scene*. If knew Kira was about to attack me in a ms, id be like let me try, cuz i can always get in another suit or show back up at the base to get repairs done on my arm.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:37   Link #187
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Jokes aside, Setsuna's reaction to the kiss was perfectly normal(quite realistic really) for someone raised as he was. I find it commendable that he didn't lose himself there and stayed true to his character.

Great episode overall. Sucks for the Professor to go like that, those kinds of deaths always bother me a bit("Ah, I've finally found the secret! Too bad I'm going to die now.").
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:38   Link #188
ReddyRedWolf

More like Veda has been hacked.

When your Haro see's something is amiss better take notice.

I have a feeling each of the power's pilots will lose someone dear to them to the Thrones.

Soma- Sergei

Patrick- Col. Manekin (Maybe stop being goofy and start being serious.)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:41   Link #189
Chase

lol the haros scene was kinda funny.also i laughed when johann goes by setsuna and pays him no mind, then his brother goes by and acts like he wants to fight and the neena goes by with the fatal attraction tauntwhile setsuna has that guard up face on
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:49   Link #190
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
This doesn't really fit into the story so far.

If they can choose, why did Exia jam the communication in the first episode, when encountering Patrick, instead of keeping this ability still a secret?
Why did the crew of the Ptolemaios didn't deactivate the communication jamming, at the time they were doing the overhaul? Instead of beeing surprised by the HRL's attack, they could have just avoided it completely.
Exia's purpose was to show the world the presence of the Gundams, so in effect communication jamming either didn't really matter or it simply served as a method to take the attention of those present when he took out Patrick.

I'm guessing Ptolemaios' crew didn't imagine that their best defence against detection was actually the bane for them that day.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 06:13   Link #191
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Episode was much better than the previous ones we were finally given some more infos and the story advanced.
it will prolly surprise a lot but i liked this episode.
it would be a shame if the show was to totally drop every subjects that has been raised so far (ethnic/religious conflict, power supply issues) and only focus on CB vs world now that the CB's high executive have been exposed

little details :
I wonder how they could be blood related, seeing how thrones are looking so much different i d say that either their father/mother had many affairs
Why does every suit/unit has to be pink for a girl.
Good job saji refusing to kiss her, you would have doomed her otherwise.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 06:13   Link #192
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Saji is Union. Union = North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan. . . basically much of the Ring of Fire.

Louise looks like she's been injured. I wonder if her plane crashed or if someone at her cousin's wedding was a target for assassination. Anyhow, Saji basically just graduated from college or high school? Which one is it? I know he's studying engineering. What happens now? Does he run into Setsuna and find out his big secret? Does he join CB or does he enlist in the Union Air Force? Setsuna is back at his apartment next week and the preview mentions something about him rejecting GUndam? Does he run into Saji crying over Louise?

Anyhow, this is one of the best episodes in the series. The story is getting good now. The professor was assassinated by the Observer(s) who are giving the Trinity orders. I think Alejandro may have been part of the crew that left to check on the Jupiter expedition. I'm getting that feeling. And that kid with green hair may have been born in Jupiter orbit. Maybe, after they found Haro. . . they were detained by some Gundams. They talked their way out of it and were sent back with the green haired kid. For his service to the Observers and for his connections to the Jupiter colony. . . Alejandro could have gotten a promotion.

Anyhow, where were the GN drives that CB is using built? Were they built with the same technology used on the solar power plants on the space elevators? CB calls their GN drives "solar furnaces." And we know Schenberg was behind them both the technology in the space elevators and GN drives.

Could it be that the difference between the light emitted from the GN drive could be attributed to the method of production?

Red GN drives. . . manufactured on Jupiter using the "Jupiter method." Easiest, cheapest, and most efficient means of making GN drives. This technology would probably easily help a group of people build an ever growing space colony. Several red GN drive cores could power this station. This could explain why the Trinity ship seems to have one. They grow on trees around jupiter. Easy to build.

Green GN drives. . . manufactured using special method developed by long line of CB scientiets and took over 100 years to fully work out. Requires vasts amounts of solar energy/radiation. Complicated! Explains why the Ptolemaios doesn't have one. Gundams come first.

Professor Howard theorized that GN particle engines could only be built in Jupiter and we are indeed shown that the Throne Gundams originated in Jupiter with the purple Haro being found there. Howard doesn't know everything and went for the easiest answer. This is a problem CB ran into over 100 years ago. They had to figure out how to built them without a gas giant.

What if Billy figures out the alternative to creating such GN drives with all the data they were able to collect? What if he figures out how to use the massive power generated by the space elevators to manufacturer GN-like drives? They could be yellow or blue in color. It could power earth mecha. We'd have GN powered Flags, Enacts, and Tieren

Did Sumeragi and crew figure out what Neena did with Vader? They were reluctant to share the data they retrieved from scanning the Throne with their A.I.

Last edited by mechalord; 2008-02-03 at 06:37.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 06:23   Link #193
Crazy_O

so we wont see any other gundams cause it takes them years to build a gn drive. (traveling to jupiter then build it an come back) even if one of the three faction captures one.
Crazy_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 06:35   Link #194
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Big question here is why do they need jupiter in order to make the drives >.>

From the preview louise is going to get hit pretty hard (sole survivor from her family?). That orta sort out her naivetivity, but I hope she doesn't end up like flay

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 06:41   Link #195
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Big question here is why do they need jupiter in order to make the drives >.>
No answers to that yet, but we're assuming that the unique conditions within Jupiter's proximity (stronger gravitational force, powerful magnetic field, high radioactivity, etc... ) are ideal conditions for the creation of the GN Drives.

In fact, here's a nice theory by ROU Limiting Factor from the Gundam 00 forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROU Limiting Factor

So according to Random Curiosity: "Professor Eifman has figured out that the Gundam’s energy generation engine uses topological defects and attributes this to why there are so few Gundams. The environment in which they can build such an energy generation engine is Jupiter, and Eifman remembers that there was a manned Jupiter probe project 120 years ago. He wonders if that project was connected to the development of the Gundam, and he realizes that if this is the case, then Aeolia Schenberg’s true goal isn’t actually the eradication of war."

My guess is that the solar furnace relies on magnetic monopoles (or GN particles, pick your name) to create a stable fusion reaction. That would fit with the rarity of monopoles and the need for extreme secrecy (because once you know where they got the monopoles, there's nothing to stop you going out and getting some of your own).

Old 2008-02-03, 07:14   Link #196
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

do we know where CB/Sumeragi's unit got theirs? Did they make them on Jupiter or did they make them closer to Earth?

Anyhow, when the GN drives were conceived. . the space elevators didn't exist. Anyhow, there seems like there could be a hostile space colony in orbit around jupiter. How would CB built their units there? Schenberg designed both. Maybe the elevators can be used to create GN drives, a small quantity to start. Maybe CB has their own solar energy collectors that slowly cook GN drives into existence some place between the earth and the sun?

What if CB and the observers figured out how to build GN drives without jupiter?

What if the key to building a GN-like drive on Earth involves the space elevators?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 07:15   Link #197
EternalDestiny

somewhat off topic: Does anyone know if there are releases for the HD versions (1280x720) that is in AVI format?

The only ones I managed to find are all in mkv formats. I wonder why.
Unfortunately, my PS3 can't seem to read mkv format files.
EternalDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 08:09   Link #198
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
do we know where CB/Sumeragi's unit got theirs? Did they make them on Jupiter or did they make them closer to Earth?

Anyhow, when the GN drives were conceived. . the space elevators didn't exist. Anyhow, there seems like there could be a hostile space colony in orbit around jupiter. How would CB built their units there? Schenberg designed both. Maybe the elevators can be used to create GN drives, a small quantity to start. Maybe CB has their own solar energy collectors that slowly cook GN drives into existence some place between the earth and the sun?

What if CB and the observers figured out how to build GN drives without jupiter?

What if the key to building a GN-like drive on Earth involves the space elevators?
Actually I'm wondering if the Thrones GN Drives are Earth built. It would explain why they're referred to as pseudo GN Drives. They were built using technology that mimics the conditions required on Jupiter to create the Drives. I get the feeling though that there will be a flaw with those Drives if they are built like that. Well I get the feeling there will be a flaw in general with those Drives.
Old 2008-02-03, 08:12   Link #199
arkxkra
全力全開

Haro come find bro, but his bro memory all gone. so they using tat Purple Haro to make the GN drive?

Setsuna 1st kiss like that gone...

Tat dead professor might know what they want to do then dead. I hope to know soon what the real conspiracy behind.

And also wish to see gundam vs gundam.
Old 2008-02-03, 08:31   Link #200
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Going by the preview for episode 18, it looks pretty certain that we'll see the death of Louise's parents, that or badly injured.

As for episode 17, all i kept thinking was "if only Graham had a Gundam". I'm not saying he should have one, though him becoming more and more angry everytime something like this happens does a lot for his character development. He's going to strike back in the future of this series, and i can't wait.

Also i've been saying it since the start, and i still see Alejandro as more then just an observer in this series. Not only does he have that masked character aura, you have the mysterious Ribbons with him --- his scene in the preview is very mysterious.