AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-26, 10:29   Link #61
whsie

the speed difference can't be emphasized enough. To the swordies, humans are moving at slow motion (think Matrix). They can dodge the humans attack without even trying. On the contrary, swordies move lightening fast to humans.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 10:31   Link #62
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
the speed difference can't be emphasized enough. To the swordies, humans are moving at slow motion (think Matrix). They can dodge the humans attack without even trying. On the contrary, swordies move lightening fast to humans.
But why and how is it different for Kuro, who i a human?
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 10:35   Link #63
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
But why and how is it different for Kuro, who i a human?
think of him as similar to Saitama(onepunch man) it's not his strength reach Saitama level but he have trained with one of those Swordie ever since young, allowed him to get used to the movement of one of the strongest of their kinds, time plus experiences can overcome other problems, similar to how while a 18 years old 1-2 dan kendoka is lightning fast but nearly never hit a 70-80 years old 8-dan sensei who have accumulated enough experiences to nullify the need for speed.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:02   Link #64
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
euh I don't see why, to begin with If I had seen a message from the translator about not asking questions regarding future chapters I wouldn't have done so, also the informations are in spoilers tags so it users aren't going to read them by accident while reading through here and more importantly there are even users like me who probably wouldn't start reading a series unless they've gotten to see a few bits of spoilers here and there to get a general idea of what it is about, look at Mahouka it's one of the most liked novels and it has extensive summaries before the volumes even got translated but still a very very big amount of users read the translation afterwards myself included(several times actually).
anyway I really hope i didn't kill the project because I really do enjoying reading this.
Translation is a time-consuming pain-in-the-butt. People are only willing to translate because they want to share a series with others who can't read it for themselves. When someone spoils all the best parts, it can destroy that motivation because you lose the feeling that there's anything left to share.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:08   Link #65
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Btw how does the Swordies beat us human anyway? I get that they are faster and stronger then us average human being but come on they use sword only while we have nuke, missile, gun, and all the modern weapon. So how the hell we human get owned by bunch of sword-welding sword-zealous girls?
This was the middle of WWII so the nuke, which was developed in the final years of WWII, wasn't developed yet. As for the other stuff, missiles weren't as convenient back then as they are today.

Quote:
It happened during the Second World War on Earth seventy years ago. At the time of the deadlock, right when each country's military strength began to dwindle————the door was opened.
Within this world, who knows how many of those massive, bizarre doors, or portals rather, linking Earth and Swordia were opened. Swordia's massive army rushed through with one goal in mind and that was to invade.
Following that, the Great War changed in a way that humanity could never have predicted.
For the Swordies whose main weapon was the sword, everyone thought for sure they would be instantly slaughtered by the firearm equipped infantry, tanks, battleships, and aircraft.
However————that wasn't the case.
An abnormal atmosphere arose due to the influence of the massive portals. The earth's environment immediately turned chaotic as the skies and seas became turbulent. Not only were aircraft and battleships unable to move, each individual nation's front lines collapsed since sea, air, and ground transportation abilities were lost.
The Swordies were able to receive supplies from Swordia using their portals which spanned all over the world. Moreover, the elite Swordie troops were unfazed by this abnormal atmosphere.
I think I know what happened to Kurou's master. (Can anyone provide a name?)

Spoiler for Speculation:

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-07-26 at 11:23.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:25   Link #66
sunsown

Translation updates are going at a good pace. Nice to follow the story in a sequence. TJP1600 is doing a great job.
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 09:28   Link #67
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Thanks TJP for the updates keep rockin man!
Old 2013-08-02, 22:13   Link #68
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I remembered reading from somewhere that Kurou accidentally use his [Light] and went out of control while fighting with his master. His master then use her [Light] and manage to get Kurou [Light] under control, but due to her exhaustion of light, she went somewhere seclusion to recover her [Light].

*edit*
After reading, the 60% of chapter 2, it seem Kurou sword skills is on another level, one hit ko against 2nd rank of all 1st year student... it look like even the number one won't be any different.

Thank TJP for the update.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2013-08-02 at 23:50.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 02:19   Link #69
R.LocK
My turn

The author is genius. TJP, you've found a gem, totally have.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 02:28   Link #70
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
The author is genius. TJP, you've found a gem, totally have.
Those innuendos am I right? Part of the reason why I'm tling it lol. Makes me giggle like a little kid.
Old 2013-08-03, 02:36   Link #71
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Those innuendos am I right? Part of the reason why I'm tling it lol. Makes me giggle like a little kid.
Yeah, and they're not even subtle Keep up good work.
Old 2013-08-03, 04:27   Link #72
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

^ Am I missing something? I have no idea what you two are on about.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-08-03, 05:44   Link #73
bones

i think they mean the part about Swordies falling in love with people who exhibit superior swordplay to theirs. I don't think I should have to tell you what sword is an euphemism for.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 05:46   Link #74
cloud04
Scanlator

a whole new reason for a girl to love MC..coz stronger than themselves XD although what i do wonder is..if those girl fight each other..or team up against him XD
Old 2013-08-03, 06:25   Link #75
R.LocK
My turn

And I can blabber a lot about other parallels, but I'm giggling like crazy already.

^Ah, by the way, the author did manage the trick with harem thingy, so I respect him/her already. The prose is better than in most LNs, too.
Old 2013-08-03, 06:55   Link #76
hayashis
Guardian of Mikos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
^ Am I missing something? I have no idea what you two are on about.
Replace the word sword with penis. Now go reread sefi talking about kurou's sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
a whole new reason for a girl to love MC..coz stronger than themselves XD although what i do wonder is..if those girl fight each other..or team up against him XD
Yuri happens. No seriously.

Also for the record hinako's mine, I've already settled this with tjp.
hayashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:02   Link #77
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayashis View Post
Replace the word sword with penis. Now go reread sefi talking about kurou's sword.

Yuri happens. No seriously.

Also for the record hinako's mine, I've already settled this with tjp.
Considering everyone refers to Sefi as "Sefi-sama" and it was blatantly stated that they are more attracted to other girls, I kind of figured it'd happen at least once....
Old 2013-08-03, 10:42   Link #78
Hiyono

Yeah, the naming sense of this series is awful, and the setting terribly contrived, but the dialogue? Highly entertaining.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 11:54   Link #79
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
“Hmm, if that’s the case then you must try your hardest under all the attention. You also have this one advantage.”

“Advantage?”

“You’re the Sword Saint’s disciple, plus you’re a human living among Swordies. Us Swordies————you probably understand the tendencies of Swordie women right?”

“......Well, more or less so.”

“If you are truly strong, then this academy might become your harem one day.”
Prediction, Kurou is going to one day RULE the academy with his cold hard sword and would stab any girls that stand in his way.

Old 2013-08-04, 11:11   Link #80
Jirachier

at least in this series there is a pretty understandable reason why the girls fall in love with the MC unlike every single other harem type series where he gets all the girls while being the most useless and uninteresting creature that has ever lived in his world.
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, mf bunko j