AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-08, 00:56   Link #41
Jehuty

I actually felt a little embarrassed watching this episode because the 'offline meeting' got too close to home. I had this happen in WOW - my guildmates all went to meet eachother in Phoenix. Introducing yourself is a lot harder than one would think.
Old 2016-04-08, 07:32   Link #42
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I still dread those times when people I know IRL learns of my online handle

2 girls who are using male characters in an online game, that's kind of unusual, usually the boys are the ones using a girl character to get items or whatever. I fondly remember the times when I trolled other characters while controlling a female account, for a while I was told that somebody kept messaging my character asking either for a picture or a RL meetup while somebody else was piloting the account
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 08:32   Link #43
SidVicious
Anime addict

Nice episode.
I was expecting something much worse...
Old 2016-04-08, 11:49   Link #44
IceHism

Entertaining episode.

I enjoy making friends online (as well as offline but they tend to be different sorts of people usually) and it'd be fun to see them grow to become friends. Not sure if there is any sort of romance in this but I don't think this type of story needs it to be successful.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 16:31   Link #45
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Entertaining episode.

I enjoy making friends online (as well as offline but they tend to be different sorts of people usually) and it'd be fun to see them grow to become friends. Not sure if there is any sort of romance in this but I don't think this type of story needs it to be successful.
actually have romance the anime is around mc being a gamer hardcore and have a "real life girlfriend which also is a hardcore gamer but also a sort of "shut-in then he try to help her to learn to be more "sociable" while they relationship grown in funny ways ofcourse.

chunybiou anime is the most close anime to this one in sort of comparation the difference while in chunybiou the mc was trying to hidding his "chunybiou side" here the mc is open in being a gamer hardcore.
Old 2016-04-08, 17:07   Link #46
James Rye

Nice start, really liked this first episode and its main cast. Poor Rusian getting his first love crushed by cruel reality. Master buying all dem money items, frikkin premium player. Schwein being a pig and the most normal of them all. Ako being Ako. xD

A fun group for sure. Although it looks like Ako has real issues compared to the other four. No matter how much they "hate" normies the other three have integrated pretty well in todays society. Master is the president meaning everybody trusts and respects her enough to lead the school student body. Schwein has a close friend from the looks of it and she is cute/charming enough to get a popular boy confess to her. And Rusian has his own circle of sorta friends who talk with him, hang out with him and make fun of him but not in the real bully way but more like in good fun way. But the way Ako reacted when she ran into Rusian in school and how her character at the meeting when the guy she shly asked turned out to be Rusian... seems like somebody really has trouble adjusting to reality she has problems in it.

Wonder if the other three can help her out with it.

Anybody else thought that Schwein's line about not getting a bf because it would cut into her gaming time was a tiny bit of a lie? Have more of the feeling our tsuntsun girl likes somebody but never dared to approach her crush because they are/were so differently.^^

Also Ako's reaction to killing normies is worrisome. Just how would she react if Rusian would find a RL girlfriend? Probably not so good I fear...
Old 2016-04-08, 18:03   Link #47
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Really? Because the website gives it as Rusian:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The scanlators for the manga changed from Rusian to Lucian midway through because they said the latter was official. I assumed they knew what they were talking about. Maybe that was the case for the manga only. Either way, only one is a real name, and only one keeps people from mispronouncing it as "Russian".
Old 2016-04-09, 04:07   Link #48
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 1

Soo it turns out despite his supposed bad luck, the MC manages not only land himself in a guild full of beautiful girls, but they all go to same schools? What are the chances of that happening?!

Heh, putting that I decided to check this out because of some of the buzz was receiving... and turned out decent enough for what it is. I dunno if I'll stick with it all the way through it's run, as I have a bit too much on my plate right now, but I think watch at least to ep 3.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 12:18   Link #49
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Simply put...I already love Kyou, lol. Gotta love that outgoing, fun, kind, and good-looking student council president.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 13:42   Link #50
tsunade666

Ah... This is nice. Away from harem and blissful funny romcom story. I just watched the first episode while escaping from reality called worked and its really nice. I likes the pacing and animation. I have read the manga, chapter 1-5 and I'm happy for this adaptation. Ako is really cute.
Old 2016-04-10, 05:56   Link #51
Brother Coa
Banned

Just finished watching episode one, and I must say that I ahve been palyign the wrong games all this time. xD

On the serious side anime started great, it has yet another interesting premise, I didn't realized that all of players were actually guys except Russian ( I know it's Rusian, I jsut found it hilarious how his name is one letter short of actual real life nationality ).

It is interesting so far and I am hyped for more, so let's see where it will go.

One more question: are LN finished? I saw that there is 10 of them so far but did they finished the story?
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 09:18   Link #52
Dysprosium
Banned

The hell? Is this the Konosuba of this season?

Can't say I was that impressed, though, till the RL meet, at least.

Hearing Hestia again was nostalgic.

Not sure if this is a keeper, yet; will continue to watch the next few episodes or so to make a decision.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 09:55   Link #53
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
One more question: are LN finished? I saw that there is 10 of them so far but did they finished the story?
Still on going and vol.10 isn't on sales yet.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 10:17   Link #54
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have no idea why I'm watching this. I guess I needed something absurd and silly this season?

In any case as someone who also had his fair share of awkward RL meets I can sort of understand the surprise of meeting online people for the first time in person.

On the other hand, here in the Philippines people in MMOs tend to be the same as they are IRL (besides sometimes their sex anyway) so it's we don't tend to have conflicts in personalities.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 16:34   Link #55
grecefar

well it was a pretty fun chapter, I'm going to follow this for now.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 17:40   Link #56
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Whoa, I didn't expect the guild would become his harem. One of them doesn't even have a shirt on lol. I am fully expecting a doujin between the male PCs in the foreseeable future.
Old 2016-04-10, 18:01   Link #57
coded321
He Who Games

actually, this is not a harem series. its one of those series where the mc is only romantically involved with one of the girls, and the other girls are simply friends or associates with no romantic feelings or developments between him and them.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 19:27   Link #58
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
actually, this is not a harem series. its one of those series where the mc is only romantically involved with one of the girls, and the other girls are simply friends or associates with no romantic feelings or developments between him and them.
yeah i already told it few posts ago but looks like or peoples don't read it or just ignore and want it to be a harem, this serie is not a harem or even close this is like you told, like chunibyou the romance is only between rusian and ako the others girls are just "friends" with none romantic feelings toward him.

Ofcourse if the anime director decide to do the same as the one from dagashi and turn this non harem in a harem will be another history.
Old 2016-04-10, 19:58   Link #59
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Yeah I actually want it to be a harem, you got a problem with that?
Old 2016-04-10, 22:38   Link #60
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I think people want it to be a harem because neither of the best girls are the designated love interest. You have the jaw-droppingly perfect onee-san in Guildmistress, and you have the perfect proto-tsundere in Schwein. Ako is beautiful and affectionate, sure, but she's also all kinds of broken.

Tags
harem, not harem, romcom