AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-07, 12:01   Link #81
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know, I'm wondering why Trigger can't seem to make a decent trailer for Gridman. Then again, at least this actually shows us more of Gridman himself in his full glory.

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 14:16   Link #82
Chichiryuushintei

The music should be good at least.
Old 2018-07-07, 15:00   Link #83
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I thought the trailer was great because it felt like they were intentionally making the trailer like that. And that Hikari Midorikawa.

Hype level increasing.......
Old 2018-07-07, 19:51   Link #84
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Gridman actually looks half interesting to me (cue The Who here, I know) but I'm boycotting any Trigger until they take down that hideous sham of a Patreon Page. And preferably donate any funds they scammed off gullible fans to the animators' housing fund.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 23:55   Link #85
Wheeljack83

I saw the first episode at Anime Expo. It was very weird and confusing.

Also, is the SSSS supposed to stand for Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad?
Old 2018-07-10, 00:11   Link #86
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
I saw the first episode at Anime Expo. It was very weird and confusing.

Also, is the SSSS supposed to stand for Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad?
It seems to be a reference for the american adaptation, but so far every promotional material only mentions the original Gridman.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 00:17   Link #87
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
It seems to be a reference for the american adaptation, but so far every promotional material only mentions the original Gridman.
Then why even call it SSSS.Gridman? In the show, Gridman calls himself Hyper Agent Gridman. I guess the kids might call themselves the Syber Squad, but dunno.

The premise is actually remarkably similar to that old TV show, just done in anime style with Japanese adolescents.

However, there's also a lot of vague weirdness. This is just my prediction based off the first episode, but I almost get the sense that the human race or the main characters are stuck in some sort of VR world or computer simulation.
Old 2018-07-10, 00:23   Link #88
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
Then why even call it SSSS.Gridman? In the show, Gridman calls himself Hyper Agent Gridman. I guess the kids might call themselves the Syber Squad, but dunno.

The premise is actually remarkably similar to that old TV show, just done in anime style with Japanese adolescents.

However, there's also a lot of vague weirdness. This is just my prediction based off the first episode, but I almost get the sense that the human race or the main characters are stuck in some sort of VR world or computer simulation.
He also called himself Hyper Agent Gridman in the original 1993 Japanese series. In fact, Gridman the hyper agent is the international name Tsuburaya has for the series

Seems Trigger just want to make it familiar to american audience who never watched the original Japanese series. Or maybe it will have another meaning?
The kids the original Japanese series never got themselves a team name, so maybe they could appropriate the name in the anime, who knows.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 00:15   Link #89
Wheeljack83

I'll give it a couple more episodes and see what happens. I'm a little mixed on the opening episode.