AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 07:17   Link #201
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, this episode was surprisingly serious. I figured Ichiko's personality issues would have to be dealt with at some point, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. The dinner scene was almost painful to watch. I understand where Ichiko is coming from, but she went way overboard. I was happy Tsuwabuki threw that money back in her face.

Thankfully, Ichiko's action in the second half made up for her earlier horrible behavior. She isn't as rotten as she pretends to be (though she certainly isn't a saint either). Using her own fortune to save the boy was a big step forward for her. I assume this isn't the last time she will willingly use up her fortune to save others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but I'm starting to be more curious about Binbougami. She looks like a lazy bum, and she probably is, but it looks like she has some idealism in her. Like she wants to educate Ichiko rather than just do her job by forcefully taking her fortune by force and calling it a day.
That's definitely what it looks like to me. She's trying to make Ichiko a better person. Momoji actually seems to have strong morals.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:12   Link #202
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Momiji has been said to be comparable to Gintoki by many... even the author joked that there's a good number of fan demographic that's donning yurigoggles over her. Momiji and the fellow gods of poverty definitely is something to think about!~

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:31   Link #203
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Imo, Momiji is doing all this out of pride at the end of the day. In episode 2, the telephone conversation seemed to show that she was trying to change Ichiko because it would be embarrassing for her as the goddess of misfortune if she could not defeat the latter even after using her full power. As the saying goes, you catch bees with honey, not vinegar.

Not saying that Momiji is self-centred or anything though, just that there is still some element of self-interest remaining for her.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:59   Link #204
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Imo, Momiji is doing all this out of pride at the end of the day. In episode 2, the telephone conversation seemed to show that she was trying to change Ichiko because it would be embarrassing for her as the goddess of misfortune if she could not defeat the latter even after using her full power. As the saying goes, you catch bees with honey, not vinegar.

Not saying that Momiji is self-centred or anything though, just that there is still some element of self-interest remaining for her.
It is less obvious, but this anime is as much about Momiji's character development as Ichiko's.

No matter how you slice it, Ichiko gave Momiji something she never had; motivation. Ichiko gave Momiji a reason to get out of bed every morning. They need each other to get better.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:37   Link #205
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Count in the "didn't expect Ichiko to be facing serious stuff" boat. The good point with this development is that Ichiko didn't magically switched into "goody two shoe" instantly, and she has still way to go for that.
Meanwhile, it becomes indeed more obvious that Momiji changed her objective slightly, even if it is due to pride than really a genuine attempt to make Ichiko a better person.

It would be interesting to see more interactions between Ichiko and Keita's family, considering that the others would still have mixed feelings about the former, even if Ryuu was saved.

That aside, while it was more or less fine in ep1 and 2, the parodies in ep3 are being a tad too "shoehorned", without really much subtilities in them.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:58   Link #206
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
There have been a few subtle hints that Chichiko's personality isn't hers by nature, nor even by nurture, but purely by reaction to being alone most of her life. The only times she really seems to get aggressive and haughty are obviously towards Momiji, but also when she feels threatened and reminded that she has no real friends or family either by the jealous girls at school or even by seeing how another big family lives. Hell strangely enough she even seemed briefly worried after she threw Momiji out the window and into that creepy teddy bear that she might have done some real damage so she's hardly above showing concern for others. Sunrise seems to love using that key image of her sitting alone in the dark at a table eating dinner (it's in the opening too) to illustrate her subconcious reaction to being reminded of being alone and how she fakes that everything is fine and that she's superior as a means of convincing herself as much as others of her happiness.

Anyway it still doesn't forgive how she treated Keita's family, but everytime the chips are down and there's a real threat of loss, even if it's not her own she seems willing to do what's in her power to prevent it. I like the way it's a slow growth for her. It would have just been so easy to make her the perfect heroine chick who always has everything turn out her way and is always right like a Medaka (so far Ichiko feels like a Medaka type done right by me) or something, but instead in spite of all her luck she does have to deal with some real adversity and the judgement of others and is being forced to slowly become a better person and perhaps eventually more honest with herself and others over time. Imagine that from a comedy show.....

Anyway I like Keita and his hot-blooded...errr tiredness. So far he seems like the most normal everyday person in this show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:48   Link #207
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ironic as it may be, it's really lucky that Momiji exists....
Old 2012-07-20, 11:12   Link #208
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So Ichiko was a bitch in this ep. Well she's still even though she saved that boy.
I didn't like her behavior toward Keita's family , acting like a fucking rich man.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:02   Link #209
halibonga

an episode about morals/values, i guess it's fine

This show deserves its own subforum, come on guys, lets flood the threads until the admins have no choice but to establish one!
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:33   Link #210
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^ i love this series, and even this si my favorite manga of the season, but to be fair, this is hardly a series that deserves a subforum, at least compared to other threads, it migth be possible if the LN start to get translated, wich there havent even hints about that happening.
Old 2012-07-20, 14:47   Link #211
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post

This show deserves its own subforum, come on guys, lets flood the threads until the admins have no choice but to establish one!
Lets not.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:49   Link #212
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post

Please review the Anime Sub-Forum Principles and Guidance FAQ post to see our criteria for sub-forum creation.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 18:37   Link #213
halibonga

i never used the word 'spam', dont misunderstand me..
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 05:38   Link #214
FateAnomaly

I like the part where Momiji took some of the money that Keita threw at Chichiko.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 03:51   Link #215
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^ this is one of the details that show that the people making the anime do pay atention to the manga, there are things that happen in the backgrund in the manga and havent noticed them untill the anime(thoug the money part wasnt one of those).
Old 2012-07-25, 09:22   Link #216
Xaturas

[grossly off-topic]

Didn't watch the ep yet, because I've read that chapter in manga. What I've seen is that anime literally translates manga chapters, while adding at the same time a shitton of anime references. For example previous ep closet references, or Rosario Vampire reference with the photo.

Last edited by monir; 2012-07-25 at 13:24.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:49   Link #217
larethian

Hate to watch it in LQ but couldn't wait.
Spoiler for ep 4:

Last edited by larethian; 2012-07-25 at 20:33.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:59   Link #218
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

@monir: ive been very objective about things, and certainly i dont go to subforums and vote poorly anything other that what i like,flaming or worshipping, and deleting a post for beign a "tard"? for god sake, good job trying to do that in this forum, or did i touch a sensitive spot?

anyway good episode, the drama felt more well developed than the past episode, and not a bad thing, but making it so emotional heavy puts it in a position where it makes a huge contrast with the comedy wich is the focus of the series, though is something the team has worked with before in gintama.
Old 2012-07-25, 17:14   Link #219
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Off-topic:--

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
@monir: ive been very objective about things, and certainly i dont go to subforums and vote poorly anything other that what i like,flaming or worshipping, and deleting a post for beign a "tard"? for god sake, good job trying to do that in this forum, or did i touch a sensitive spot?
Sorry about that, but a point was begging to be made which is don't hurl around words that can be equally hurled at you. Over generalization should be avoided when possible because words can be hurtful. Judging from your reaction I think the point was made. The deleted-message edited.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 13:48   Link #220
ookamigirl

Momou & Momiji duo vs Sakura.
He was totally cute, but a total masochist.
Momiji was really enjoying her sadistic games with him.
Dragon Ball moment was just awesome!!
Momou successfully infiltrated Sakura's home. She really is really messy.
He just didn't stand a chance against her. Her luck was too strong.
OMG! Sakura going through trash at the dump. You go to admire her will.
Momou was surprised to see that Sakura had a different side that what Momoiji told him.
Bathing time was... BAD for Momou ROFL!
Awesomely funny episode!!!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, supernatural