AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 23:34   Link #141
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, what comes to my mind is Azumanga Daioh's Sakaki --recast as a tall slender bit of moe rather than an amazon. Quiet, kind, interested in medicine, loves a large white dog - attaches herself to a very small character in the series.

@Kaoshin: No, I think Wavedash said Kona's dad was handled well by his VA ... we just don't get enough of him in this episode to pass any sort of judgement yet (as I waits for the subs).
Hmmmm, well this nothing even remotely like his part in L-Gaim (In which he's a heroic gentleman that turns down the advances of every woman that comes at him in the series) of which I've seen 13 episodes so even I'm not sure. Kona-Pops Is a complete reversal of his role in L-Gaim, because there he's a younger man who often has older women vying for him and he only considers them comrades, whereas Kona-Pops is some learing old man that has a thing or the younger girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Jj3...elated&search= That's him. And before anybody get's any thoughts, thats a fairy with him not a loli.
Old 2007-05-28, 00:44   Link #142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I won't dispute the "leering" ... but he more accurately has a thing for waifish people (like his wife, Kona-mom). The 'gag' is that the girls think he's a bit worrisome but not seriously scary. He doesn't come off quite so leering in the manga so we'll just have to see what they do with him in the anime.
Old 2007-06-07, 21:34   Link #143
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

First photos I've seen of the four main VAs together, at a Friday photo-session for Voice Newtype. From Hirano Aya's blog (left) and from Fukuhara Kaori's blog (center). At right is a shot of Kaori with her drawing of herself and her "twin". She says they were shooting in an elementary school and that everything seemed so small, but the smell was nostalgic:

(l-r) Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa), Hirano Aya (Konata), Katou Emiri (Kagami), Endou Aya (Miyuki). Below is a shot of Kaori with her drawing of herself and her "twin":
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-06-08, 12:47   Link #144
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Kaoru ..... O.o (oh the cuteness) ... do *any* o them crack the five foot mark in height? Fukuhara-san is an absolute doll...

edit: apparently Fukuhara-san is exactly five foot (153cm). The positioning of the blackboard made them look even smaller (American blackboards are hung lower I guess).

Her website banner graphic animation is pretty cute and points for her web layout (so often I visit japanese websites and think "wtf? who teaches them these hideous web design styles?")
Old 2007-06-30, 15:55   Link #145
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In watching the credits for ep13 of Darker than Black, I find that Katou Emiri (Kagami) plays the role of the detective's (comic) sidekick in eps 13-14, and in a previous ep I can't remember the number of.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-04, 22:20   Link #146
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
edit: apparently Fukuhara-san is exactly five foot (153cm). The positioning of the blackboard made them look even smaller (American blackboards are hung lower I guess).

Her website banner graphic animation is pretty cute and points for her web layout (so often I visit japanese websites and think "wtf? who teaches them these hideous web design styles?")
I've notice the trend of seiyuu being cuter and cuter. I think they're really trying to make real star out of the seiyuus and looks are becoming important.

153 is average in Japan.. you'll have to be below 145cm to be considered short. If a girl cracks 150 she's considered average, if they crack 160 they're tall. if they crack 170, they can be considered models. Any taller and people start to question your ancestry.

Vexx-kun, many Japanese websites have mobile users in mind as most people browse the web on their phones. Thus unless you're a major site with enough cash to develop a phone version of your site, you tend to keep it really simple in term of graphics or layout. Look at sites like Mixi and you'll see some great layouts. PC ownership in Japan is extremely small compare to handset penetration, it's natural when they design a site they have mobile users in mind first.
Old 2007-07-05, 00:47   Link #147
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
AVPlaya, I just wanted to say thanks for making me feel tall. Thanks!
Old 2007-07-05, 01:43   Link #148
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post

153 is average in Japan.. you'll have to be below 145cm to be considered short. If a girl cracks 150 she's considered average, if they crack 160 they're tall. if they crack 170, they can be considered models. Any taller and people start to question your ancestry.
Yes, my 149cm wife (of japanese heritage) has a special bank account she plans to empty when we visit Japan because the stores there actually carry her size (she's about to slide under size 0 here because they keep "upgrading" the sizes so people can pretend they aren't fat). Most of her cousins of the female persuasion run about "five feet".

When I saw the picture, I actually thought the seiyuu were smaller because the blackboard is set higher than blackboards are in America. When I looked up their heights, I realized I was incorrectly using the blackboard as a visual reference.

Quote:
Vexx-kun, many Japanese websites have mobile users in mind as most people browse the web on their phones. Thus unless you're a major site with enough cash to develop a phone version of your site, you tend to keep it really simple in term of graphics or layout. Look at sites like Mixi and you'll see some great layouts. PC ownership in Japan is extremely small compare to handset penetration, it's natural when they design a site they have mobile users in mind first.
Hmmm, whatever... I could throw a few hints at them because its pretty simple to learn what browser is being used and adjust the website appropriately. Hell, my teenage sons can do it
I suppose its somewhat like Korean websites that tend to be Internet Explorer - limited (as in broken for other browsers) ... that's due to the overwhelming dominance of MS-IE in that country.
Old 2007-07-08, 15:57   Link #149
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Kagami and Tsukasa's seiyuus (Katou Emiri and Fukuhara Kaori) were on the A&G Anisupa radio show on Saturday and Washizaki Takeshi and Asano Masumi, the hosts, gave them a cake for their characters' birthday.

I've made a blog post about it, with photos. There are more pics on the show's site, which is linked to from the blog post.
Old 2007-07-09, 13:28   Link #150
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I still think its kind of cute that the VAs could actually sort of pull off playing their characters in live-action.

Your Youtube links to the karaoke EDs from the new CD had me spewing my coffee (especially cha-la head cha-la).
Old 2007-07-09, 15:59   Link #151
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've updated my characters/seiyuus page for Lucky Star to add photos and info for Yutaka (Hasegawa Shizuka) and Minami (Chihara Minori).

It turns out that Hasegawa started in show business even earlier than Aaya, having done commercials at two months of age, and then they both debuted as seiyuu in the same show, Tenshi no Shippo, in 2001. She is a year younger, and just graduated from high school (Horie Yui's old high school), as student council vice-president.

Minorin's father is a baseball coach and manager, and Minorin herself is apparently a decent infielder. That would explain why she made a point of going to a Dodgers game when she was in LA last week. Minorin started in show business late (23) as an assistant on a radio show, and was unknown enough to do one-woman street shows in Akihabara with her guitar until early last year. Now her agency, Avex, is pushing her for all it's worth. Here's a photo of her at the ball game. She commented admiringly on how big all the players were.

Old 2007-07-09, 16:54   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh, they're still batting pretty high in "their VA could play the character in live-action because they carry enough of the look of the character"
(with some hair and makeup work).

Kagami's VA "having some guts" eating what *looks* like the biggest riceball that can be made with two hands --> http://blog.livedoor.jp/clovercafe/ (sorry, couldn't get my usual image servers to respond, check the profile box).

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-07-09 at 17:09.
Old 2007-07-09, 17:17   Link #153
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Minorin's father is a baseball coach and manager, and Minorin herself is apparently a decent infielder. That would explain why she made a point of going to a Dodgers game when she was in LA last week. Minorin started in show business late (23) as an assistant on a radio show, and was unknown enough to do one-woman street shows in Akihabara with her guitar until early last year. Now her agency, Avex, is pushing her for all it's worth. Here's a photo of her at the ball game. She commented admiringly on how big all the players were.
That's cool... but Yuki's also a good catcher. At least someone in SOS-dan actually knows something about baseball... How did she stay unknown after last summer in AKIBA? The otaku's can't recongnize Yuki? That's almost hard to believe. She is a pretty good singer (Yuki's CDs were my favs) and pretty darn cute as well, Avex should push her musically to the non-otaku.
Old 2007-07-09, 20:41   Link #154
*aya*
生田斗真、大好き!

Send a message via MSN to *aya*
I like Hirano Aya's voice in this manga,and I also like Konno Hiromi's voice^_^
I like its OP and ED..^^I feel so loveliness>_<

I'm new here,and my English is poor,I would appreciate your comments.^^

Last edited by *aya*; 2007-07-09 at 21:25.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:29   Link #155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@*aya*: your english in that post was done well.
The second sentence was awkward but conveyed your thoughts well.

The sad part is I can't think of a grammatically proper english way to express "I feel so loveliness" without losing what you clearly meant.
Old 2007-07-10, 05:51   Link #156
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

EDIT: I've done a couple of blog pieces involving Hirano Aya and Chihara Minori: one about their appearance at Animelo over the weekend; one showing Aya's little dramas involving figures from Galaxy Angel 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
...How did she stay unknown after last summer in AKIBA? The otaku's can't recongnize Yuki? That's almost hard to believe....
She was doing those street shows "until early last year," as I said. After Suzumiya Haruhi hit, in April 2006, she became too well known, just as you say. I remember seeing photos of her doing a street show during the time she was playing Erika in Lemon Angel Project, maybe in February or March.

I think Minorin is the most capable singer of the women in the SOS-Dan. I may enjoy listening to Aya more sometimes, but not because she's more professional. At the Animelo show last weekend at Budokan, Minorin had two songs and was one of the originally invited singers, whereas Aya only had one and was a "special guest," invited only a few weeks before the show.

And Aya, thanks for posting. I agree: I like Hirano Aya's voice in many shows, but especially here. She is hilarious. I also like her a lot in the serious role of Layla in NANA.

Your English is good enough. Please post again. One small suggestion:
漫画 = "manga"
动画 = "anime"
Or did you mean you think Aya's voice suits the character from the manga?

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-10 at 14:50.
Old 2007-07-13, 01:34   Link #157
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Two images of Hirano Aya just posted to 2channel: one for Lucky Star, one for the game Trusty Bell. And something completely different from her blog, done up for a photo session for Seiyuu Grand Prix mag today. 2channel is thrilled with the pony tail effect.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-13 at 01:45.
Old 2007-07-13, 03:30   Link #158
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

She does a remarkable job of looking totally goofy and cute at the same time.
Old 2007-07-13, 11:24   Link #159
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Two images of Hirano Aya just posted to 2channel: one for Lucky Star, one for the game Trusty Bell. And something completely different from her blog, done up for a photo session for Seiyuu Grand Prix mag today. 2channel is thrilled with the pony tail effect.

The third one reminds me of the kind of expression a Gravure Idol named Aki Hoshino would wear.
Old 2007-07-13, 12:05   Link #160
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The first two shots were professional studio photos. The third one, I'm pretty sure, was her holding her cell-phone camera at arm's length. The wide angle, as well as her more informal humorous expression, gives that charming goofy look.

Having found Hoshino Aki's home page with Google, I can see what you mean, Kaioshin. Although she doesn't look like Aaya in many other ways, attire or lack of it not least.

By the way, there's a long vid from Trusty Bell on nicovideo. Aya plays Polka, the blonde girl in the red skirt. Overacted, perhaps, but effective.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-13 at 14:09.
Closed Thread