AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-05, 14:24   Link #1
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Neosteam (licensed by Atlus and Gamigo)

A free-to-play/cashshop game currently in open beta (at posting time).

In Europe, its licensed by Gamigo. The rest of the world signs in over at Atlus. Linky -> http://www.neosteam.com/

If you like steampunk themes, you might check it out. I was in the closed beta and now in the open beta. Its on par with games like DOMO, Ether Saga, Perfect World, and so forth. Some of the mechanics are better, some not-so-good.

I like the crafting aspect -- the game doesn't really hold your hand and baby you.

Be aware that you have to make a choice on installation on whether to play the tech-dominant side or the magic-dominant side and you can't switch within one account. Both sides have tech and magic... its more of an atmosphere and emphasis difference. You can always create two accounts if you want to try both sides out.

Also, choose your characters and their names wisely --- there's a 10 day lockout for names if you delete a character. I have no idea why asian games think this is a good idea (several do it).

The artwork is semi-cute (not so cute you want to gag at the monsters) and the emotes are limited. The character customization is limited as well - though as you level you can achieve a fair level of unique gear combinations.

Probably the most hilarious bit are the Pom races.... small critters with beeg weapons.... nothing funnier than watching a horde of Pom come over the hill before they smish you.
Old 2009-06-08, 16:29   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Open Beta shuts down at 3pm Pacific Time today (6june) .... when it opens again, it'll be "commercial release" and the premium/cash shop will be open.

Ah well, doesn't look like much interest here but at least it is logged. I'll probably keep playing it as a backup MMO.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-06-09 at 14:17.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 20:31   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Neosteam went live last night... the Premium Shop is open and all the beta testers got little rewards based on their participation.

The winner of the Steampunk Goggles (real ones) was the player HeavyKnight.
Old 2009-06-13, 10:07   Link #4
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I played it for one day when it came live... I dropped it since its extremely cookie cutter like every free mmo out there.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 15:05   Link #5
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Neosteam went live last night... the Premium Shop is open and all the beta testers got little rewards based on their participation.

The winner of the Steampunk Goggles (real ones) was the player HeavyKnight.
Damn this thread is lonely. I love this game, though the UI is a little unwieldy.

Vexx, it's the moment of truth. State your allegiance: Rogwel or Eltard? *cocks rifle*
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 14:04   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh... I close beta'd in El but played the open beta in Rog ... I think I just like the color scheme and atmosphere better in Rog so I've stuck with that (though I do have two accounts, >.>, so I can muck about and get to know the entire world). I keep thinking they'll nerf the summoner classes. :P

I've got a character of each major class but tend to be playing either my scout or machinist mostly. Sadly, I haven't played much at all in the last week -- too much else going on.
Old 2009-06-19, 18:27   Link #7
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually dl'ed the game, but considering the game crashes when I push the 'Play' button, I never actually really played it. And to be quite honest, I don't have the time to troubleshoot for the time being, and with Devil Survivor coming next week, I guess I won't be able to give it a shot till in a month's time or two.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f2p, steampunk