AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-27, 03:42   Link #81
Rockpaperscissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajoro
About 6 minutes into episode 41, Ed comments on Lyla's perfume.

Does anyone know what he means? He said he hates that scent, but I
can't remember if this relates to something in previous episodes or not.
well I thought he was trying to tell Lyra "that there is something Fishy" about her. Ed is a clever person so he suspects that there is more than meets the eye about Lyra just doesn't know (just like us what that is)...(from low level alchemist, to handmaiden/alchemist apprentice and now the masternind (or one of) behind an uprising? yeeaaah suuuure!)
Old 2004-07-27, 05:34   Link #82
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Yup, that part also strikes me as quite odd... maybe it has something to do with the Lyra/Dante mystery...
Old 2004-07-27, 08:11   Link #83
Lavender

OMG can FMA get any better >w<~~~~~~~

I hav lots to say about ep 41 and 42, but looking at the time (5 am in the morning...I need to sleep= ="), I'll just say this one thing first

Spoiler:

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....so good cant wait for the next eP><~
Old 2004-07-27, 08:50   Link #84
neoko

Sounds like the best thing i'll see in the next week or so. I hope i can get it soon! I just can't wait!! I guess this is what makes us all fall in love with full metal alchemist despite the fillers it has during intense momments...
Old 2004-07-27, 11:20   Link #85
DNE
Kyo!

oo, a new opening theme, what does everyone think of it?and what isit called??
Old 2004-07-27, 12:20   Link #86
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Aaah, no matter how I look at FMA 41, Scar just seems to be riling them up. Poor Ed, he's the only one who's got his head screwed on correctly -_-.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2004-07-27, 13:35   Link #87
dreamless

Hmm... as far as I see, Scar is definitely not riling them up, but more like gathering them around Roze/Holy Mother so that they will obey Roze's orders, follow his plan, instead of going out fighting an impossible war against the army. With all the things happened in Lior, the people are already quite angry, and it's hard to convince them to escape rather than fighting a hopeless war. Scar just made quite a clever plan to get all those people not confronting the army directly but escape. What's the point of "riling up" people when your goal is to make them peacefully escape their enemy without any counter-attack? He's trying to get some already "riled up" people not fighting.

Ed got his head screwed on correctly? All he said is that he'll try to think out something when the time comes, try to prevent the war and any people from suffering and dying, which, as Lyra said, holds no credibility. And how can he prevent people from suffering and dying when many people has already been killed or are still suffering? If he is so confident and correct, why couldn't he say anything when standing before all those tombs in Lior, when he saw Roze's child? If he could give some good retort at those time and devise some good plan to save people, instead of "you just hand out Scar and let the army do whatever they want to you, and I'll try to do something to make sure they don't invade/rape/kill you, no guarantee though", I'll say his head is screwed on correctly, but judging from what he has said and done, I have to say he's just an overly naive child (which is already quite apparent when he think he can become an army dog without helping them killing people =.=) and tries to escape from reality a lot (like trying to escape the possibility of him creating Sloth all the time even when Al tried to bring it up -_-)

Also, fighting against Army make Scar a freedom fighter, but what makes him a true Hero is how he faced Lust, confronted his inner darkness and saved Al. I mean, due to Al's stupidity and naivete, he lost one of his arms. And still he sacrificed his other arm and his life to save Al, trusting Al's kindness and love for the hope of future, that surely makes him a hero for me.

About Ed and Al, well, all I can say is that, after all, children are children, they just try to live in their own peaceful and beautiful fantasy, but the world certainly doesn't revolve around their ideals... I just hope they can face reality sometime (instead of "don't kill anyone" when people are been killed, like Al prevented Martel killing Kimblee, and what's the result? a soldier got killed, and later lots of villagers got killed, and later himself almost got killed if not for Scar's heroic sacrifice) and truely become the hope of future that Scar trusted them to be.

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-07-27 at 14:21.
Old 2004-07-27, 17:12   Link #88
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Arghhhh, stupid Al, no wonder Mustang and Hawkeye are more popular than him .
Old 2004-07-27, 17:37   Link #89
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I've only seen 41 so far...

I believe Hohenheim is the man behind all the homunculus. I think it's likely that he performed human transmutation. I think it is likely that the result is Envy. However, the problem is that Hohenheim would have to be 140+, like Dante, since Greed knew Gluttony, Pride, and Envy. Then again, Envy would be more fleshed out if the reason he hated Hohenheim so much is because Mr. Elric is Envy's creator...

Based on 41, it looks like Gluttony might live a little longer, if Lust goes to Lior alone.

More from me when I watch 42. My raw is only 22% done and I'm aching to see the new opening and ending

Last edited by Fighter Volk; 2004-07-27 at 17:58.
Old 2004-07-27, 19:10   Link #90
inu-fma88fan

Spoiler:

i am just wondering how they will end fma in onlly 9 episode... i am guessing there will be no more fillers and the rest will be mostly all infopacked or actionpacked. yay
Old 2004-07-27, 22:31   Link #91
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

He's trying to rile them up into putting up ENOUGH resistance against the army so that the army would send in troops so that he can kill them for usage in his philosophers stone. I really wonder, if Scar hadn't been there, if Roze hadn't been set up as the holy mother, how much different things would have been.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2004-07-28, 00:34   Link #92
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by inu-fma88fan
Spoiler:

i am just wondering how they will end fma in onlly 9 episode... i am guessing there will be no more fillers and the rest will be mostly all infopacked or actionpacked. yay
they dont have 9 episodes left they have 10+movie

52-42=10
Old 2004-07-28, 00:40   Link #93
Anthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Spoiler:
I think that would be because of the whole
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-28, 02:57   Link #94
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
He's trying to rile them up into putting up ENOUGH resistance against the army so that the army would send in troops so that he can kill them for usage in his philosophers stone. I really wonder, if Scar hadn't been there, if Roze hadn't been set up as the holy mother, how much different things would have been.
where did you get the idea that it's Scar who "riled up" the people in Lior to put resistance against the army? I never see anything like that in any previous episodes or in episode 41. I've only seen Scar drawing transmutation circle before, and from what I can see the war between the army and Lior is always there, before Scar decided to go to Lior... heck that's the very reason that Scar decided to go to Lior...

from what's shown in episode 41, it's most likely that the people in Lior will go against the army themselves instead of retreating peacefully if Scar was not there.
Old 2004-07-28, 03:29   Link #95
tektonik
I can see that speed

The same guy who is at the previews for next episode at train station is also seen in the OP in fornt of a grave that looks to be Ed's and Al's mom's grave IIRC. Definately their dad IMO.
Old 2004-07-28, 04:07   Link #96
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Episodes 41 and 42 were absurdly good! I loved the series before but after everything that happened in the last two episodes I'm left in a state of aw. With not many episodes left I assume the pace will keep moving quickly unless they give us a berserk type cliffhanger ending.
Old 2004-07-28, 04:33   Link #97
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias
I think that would be because of the whole
Spoiler:
The only thing that stopped him from killing Scar was Lust. I think after Greed, Ed has a dormant killer instinct that he can use when he wants to, whether he likes it or not.

Even if he does want to save people more than kill them, he knows that he's going to have to destroy all the Humonculus one by one, one way or another, regardless of who they once were...
Old 2004-07-28, 08:34   Link #98
DNE
Kyo!

hmm i kinda dont get this, its from ep 42, and il post it here since no1s made a ep42 thread yet

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-28, 09:52   Link #99
dreamless

saw a theory that maybe Lyra used a lot of perfume to cover a deteriorating smell from her body... maybe after some soul transfer process Lyra's body is fast deteriorating... hmm...
Old 2004-07-28, 10:02   Link #100
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
saw a theory that maybe Lyra used a lot of perfume to cover a deteriorating smell from her body... maybe after some soul transfer process Lyra's body is fast deteriorating... hmm...
yeuw, that would be nasty...but may explain Ed's comment, perhaps the smell was the smell of death...
Closed Thread