AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-04, 18:13   Link #361
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Last edited by Trax; 2004-09-04 at 18:25.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 20:14   Link #362
Itlandm
Porcupine

I loved episode 8! Not only was there less random ecchi than in the first episodes, but we actually learn more DearS history. Yay! Oh, and more Khi-kun! Well, the girls seem not to have a problem with guessing his gender ...
Spoiler:
The DearS have some pretty fancy sports!

Oh, and one more thing ...
Spoiler:
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 20:56   Link #363
Thelastguardian

Spoiler:

An excellent serie, glad to see the story moving on again.

Spoiler:

This eps finally convince me to "chase" the show .

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2004-09-04 at 22:01.
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 21:12   Link #364
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
I loved episode 8! Not only was there less random ecchi than in the first episodes, but we actually learn more DearS history. Yay! Oh, and more Khi-kun! Well, the girls seem not to have a problem with guessing his gender ...
Yup, Episode 8 was great, and it was obvious that Khi-kun was a guy from the beginning of this one. It was definitely good to see the story progress.
Spoiler for episode 8:
I liked the emphasis on story, and hope they keep it up 'til the end. But for a series that's only going to be 13 episodes (apparently), I kind of wish that they would have started the "story" a bit earlier. Or, at least, have a little more foreshadowing and ease us into the story. Then again, that's why I prefer 26 episodes for this kind of show; I always feel that 13 episodes is just way too short. By the time you get to know and like the characters, it's already over!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 22:52   Link #365
Itlandm
Porcupine

I agree with Relentlessflame, more story is good. We knew where we had the teacher after one episode already, while the DearS remained a mystery. Until ep 8 we did not even know for sure whether they were born or made.

On the other hand, they seem to have forgotten the melon bread now. Never forget the melon bread.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 04:40   Link #366
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
On the other hand, they seem to have forgotten the melon bread now. Never forget the melon bread.
.... one question... what so special about Melon Bread??

I'm a bread lover and have one everyday without failling yet I don't think Melon Bread would that special... is it because the director love it?

Mah... don't mind me... i'm just talking to myself... and yes i agree that they shouldn't let out the Melon Bread...
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 05:49   Link #367
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
.... one question... what so special about Melon Bread??

I'm a bread lover and have one everyday without failling yet I don't think Melon Bread would that special... is it because the director love it?

Mah... don't mind me... i'm just talking to myself... and yes i agree that they shouldn't let out the Melon Bread...
I dunno I guess the creator of DearS liked it and used it and Ren likes it so much because it's the first food she ever ate?

If DearS was set in New York City perhaps she'd be obsessing over soft pretzels or bagels
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 09:29   Link #368
Anthias

Lol, the bread did make an appearance - briefly, with nii

Interesting episode. Was light on the comedy, but it gave some good background story building. I think with only 13 eps, they couldn't afford to go much further withou doing that much. I'm looking forawrd to seeing where they take this series
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 16:53   Link #369
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
This serie is good
and the girls are good lookin
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 18:09   Link #370
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Quote:
Originally Posted by giu_2
This serie is good
and the girls are good lookin
True dat! And personnally, I'm addicted to the OP and the ending theme, I like em a bit too much. Some of my favorites right now. *listens to OP right now*
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 19:02   Link #371
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax

Have they fixed the wrong translation in the op yet that is allready sung in english?
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 23:30   Link #372
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Have they fixed the wrong translation in the op yet that is allready sung in english?
No; I'm not sure if they consider it something to be "fixed". If I were to be critical, there are a number of things I might have edited differently in the OP and ED... but that's only if I wanted to be critical. I just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show - it's not as if it is wrong or changes the context, anyway, so it's just personal perference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyolux
And personnally, I'm addicted to the OP and the ending theme, I like em a bit too much. Some of my favorites right now. *listens to OP right now*
Yup, even weeks after I first posted how much I liked them, I *still* like them. Really catchy tunes, even though I admit they're weird. *listens to ED*
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 01:01   Link #373
Malek

Question:
Can some one explain what Miu meant at the end of the episode by saying "Grr?" I re-watched the scene/dialogue over and over but couldn't get what she meant at all.
Malek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 01:25   Link #374
kyok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek
Question:
Can some one explain what Miu meant at the end of the episode by saying "Grr?" I re-watched the scene/dialogue over and over but couldn't get what she meant at all.
Probably Jealousy.
kyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 01:33   Link #375
Kensuke

Actually I'm wondering that too. She says something else in Japanese and Anime-Keep translated it as "Grr?", so what's the story behind it?
If it is jealousy, then its like she is wondering that should she be jealous about Ren's actions when she is... hugging Takeya.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 01:58   Link #376
WraithOD

Yeah I'm a little jealous at that too
WraithOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 04:15   Link #377
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
No; I'm not sure if they consider it something to be "fixed". If I were to be critical, there are a number of things I might have edited differently in the OP and ED... but that's only if I wanted to be critical. I just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show - it's not as if it is wrong or changes the context, anyway, so it's just personal perference.

Yup, even weeks after I first posted how much I liked them, I *still* like them. Really catchy tunes, even though I admit they're weird. *listens to ED*

A line is sung in English. You hear the words very clearly in English. There is no other translation for them since they are In English. I consider changing something allready in english to something else, wrong.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 07:22   Link #378
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
Actually I'm wondering that too. She says something else in Japanese and Anime-Keep translated it as "Grr?", so what's the story behind it?
If it is jealousy, then its like she is wondering that should she be jealous about Ren's actions when she is... hugging Takeya.

I think so too, DearS are not suppose to get jealous about a Slave hugging her own Master, but apparently Miu is changing.

Maybe she will force Takeya to invoke the "Certification" on her too?

I mean its a Chobit's reference in the next episode!!!

Frill and silk! woohoo! and Neneko want's a peice of the action woohoo!

Old 2004-09-06, 08:48   Link #379
lamer_de

Quote:
The line is obviously changed intentionally, so there is no reason to fix it. If you see editing of "engrish" lines as an error, so be it.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-09-06, 09:01   Link #380
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Ahh~ A triangle Love battle at last... I hope they could extend the series though... it would be such a waste if it were to end at ep13... sigh~
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, peach-pit, shounen