AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 10:39   Link #21
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Another possibility is that a battleship fired upon the area Nanoha was in as the Captain deemed it a "necessary sacrifice" to prevent the enemy from overruning their position. That's a cannon big enough to pwn Nanoha when caught off-guard.
With the level of magical powers that Nanoha posses at the time, It is hard to think any direct attack wither magical or physical will be able to break through so easily and to to so much damage to her, unless the enermy has an insane amount of offensive powers and that Nanoha and Vita are underestimating the enermy too...

That leaves surpise attack or caught in friendly fire... With this said I think a ambush is more likely out the 3 situation above... something with a long ranged attack with high offensive power behind it, much like Nanoha herself

Erio I'll make a note to call him by Kha chan now
Old 2007-05-27, 10:42   Link #22
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Indeed, a surprise attack must have been the cause. After all, Nanoha did say she messed up.
Old 2007-05-27, 10:44   Link #23
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Okay, so while I still haven't seen the episode, I want to venture a guess and say that the culprit was none other than Vita, herself.

You saw the way she tore into Teana after she nearly hit Subaru with her own shot -- who's to say that Nanoha's injury wasn't also the result of a friendly-fire incident?
Old 2007-05-27, 10:47   Link #24
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Hey, thanks Kha-chan. I'll stop the -chan now, promise.

lol If your possibility is even a bit accurate, I dont think our Aces would still be with the TSAB.

Actually, I dont think the TSAB would even exist by now!
Well hmm the girls are more forgiving than we give them credit for? Like rending said battleship to pieces and sealing its Captain in an Eternal Coffin being enough to satiate their vengeance? But then, I remember Hayate was Tohsaka Rin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
With the level of magical powers that Nanoha posses at the time, It is hard to think any direct attack wither magical or physical will be able to break through so easily and to to so much damage to her, unless the enermy has an insane amount of offensive powers and that Nanoha and Vita are underestimating the enermy too...

That leaves surpise attack or caught in friendly fire... With this said I think a ambush is more likely out the 3 situation above... something with a long ranged attack with high offensive power behind it, much like Nanoha herself

Erio I'll make a note to call him by Kha chan now
Yes I agree about the friendly fire. Very possible, after Tea's incident.

Kha: Young Page, Emperor. If the both of you look in the OC thread, you will find that the Aces do call me Kha-chan, so I'm used to it.
Old 2007-05-27, 10:49   Link #25
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
Okay, so while I still haven't seen the episode, I want to venture a guess and say that the culprit was none other than Vita, herself.

You saw the way she tore into Teana after she nearly hit Subaru with her own shot -- who's to say that Nanoha's injury wasn't also the result of a friendly-fire incident?
That is an interesting theory you got there but, I believe that is unlikely to happen... Nanoha's injuries seem to be from a very powerful magic attack rather than a physical attack. Remember that Vita's Graf Eisen in a melee weapon.
Old 2007-05-27, 10:51   Link #26
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post

Friendly fire is high on my list too but when I considered the friendly fire option, there is one main thing I can't get around and that is attack power, while Vita does high strong attack power it is shown in A's that it is hard for her to break through Nanoha's barriers, espeacially now from a misfire.

It is true that Vita's attack may hit a bind spot and Nanoha can not block it, but for some reason Vita's action against the drone in chapter 2 of Phase A's to StrikerS seems to point the curpit to someone/thing else.....

Can't wait to find out what happens myself

Quote:

Kha: Young Page, Emperor. If the both of you look in the OC thread, you will find that the Aces do call me Kha-chan, so I'm used to it.
One more reason to shy away from it
Old 2007-05-27, 10:54   Link #27
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Friendly fire is high on my list too but when I considered the friendly fire option, there is one main thing I can't get around and that is attack power, while Vita does high strong attack power it is shown in A's that it is hard for her to break through Nanoha's barriers, espeacially now from a misfire.

It is true that Vita's attack may hit a bind spot and Nanoha can not block it, but for some reason Vita's action against the drone in chapter 2 of Phase A's to StrikerS seems to point the curpit to someone/thing else.....

Can't wait to find out what happens myself
How about that battleship gun? The reasons can vary, and she might have gotten caught in the shockwave of one because a Captain panicked, but ultimately, its the biggest blue-on-blue I can think of.
Old 2007-05-27, 10:59   Link #28
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
How about that battleship gun? The reasons can vary, and she might have gotten caught in the shockwave of one because a Captain panicked, but ultimately, its the biggest blue-on-blue I can think of.
Since Vita is relatively unharmed, a large area shockwave is unlikely. Besides if an average ship's cannon is something with around or just above the the level of a SS mage's Starlight breaker I should think Nanoha should be able to tank it, as long as its not pointblank

anyway night to all catch you all in some hours time
Old 2007-05-27, 11:00   Link #29
Erio
Hiromi

I think Vita attacking Nanoha is totally out of the question here. Even though she has a strong rivalry with Nanoha, she wouldnt go as far as to almost kill her. And there are a bunch of reasons for this: Nanoha is Hayate's friend; Nanoha saved Hayate; Vita is still in probation by the TSAB and she would have been suspended or even sent to prison for attacking Nanoha; all in all the only reason she would have to beat Nanoha up is that Nanoha pats her on the head; etc.

The key here is Nanoha saying, "Are you OK, Vita-chan?"

Definitely not Vita.
Old 2007-05-27, 11:05   Link #30
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
The way Vita said that it was supposed to be regular mission made it seems that they were ambushed or the opponent was more dangerous that they thought

She said something along the line "It was supposed to be regular mission, that thing was also unconfirmed at the time" "i should have noticed before anyone else"

So it is less likely that it was friendly fire or she wont say that.
Old 2007-05-27, 11:38   Link #31
Aaron008R

It's almost here anyway, so I guess we'll know soon enough. And hopefully we also get to resolve Teana's little problem along the way.

Oh, how much easier it would be if Teana would just:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
"I'm sorry. ;__;"

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-27, 11:40   Link #32
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
It's almost here anyway, so I guess we'll know soon enough. And hopefully we also get to resolve Teana's little problem along the way.

Oh, how much easier it would be if Teana would just:

I would forgive here in the spot...
Old 2007-05-27, 11:41   Link #33
raidou
Confused person

The real teana doesn't look as cute as that when she cried

Edit:the show should be finished airing about now i think
Old 2007-05-27, 11:43   Link #34
Aaron008R

I'm also hoping we would get to see her go dere-dere soon.
The emo-tsun-tsun act is starting to get out of hand.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-05-27, 11:43   Link #35
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Only waiting for the first pics out of 2chan now. I'll withhold any speculation on Nanoha's injury until that happens.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-27, 11:45   Link #36
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I'm also hoping we would get to see her go dere-dere soon.
The emo-tsun-tsun act is starting to get out of hand.
The question is who she would go dere dere on ? Chrono?Vice?Yuuno?Zafira?Subaru? lol
Old 2007-05-27, 11:45   Link #37
herbert

I bet Nanoha was beaten by some less powerful enemy, whom she used to pawn easily, due her health problem.

Friendly fire is impossible. Vita is a knight, isn't she? As a knight she wouldn't attack from back even if you hold the opinion she still hated Nanoha, which I don't agree. If it is unintentional, Vita would blame herself more than we have seen.

As for Nanoha took the hit for protecting Vita, I feel sort of pointless. There is no evidence hinting this. If Nanoha is too strong to be defeated in battlefield, so is Vita weak enough to be beaten? Why anyone think Vita an easier target than Nanoha? IMO, by accident or by sneaky attack, everyone who agree the one can take Vita down in battlefield should recognize the person also can own Nanoha.
Old 2007-05-27, 11:48   Link #38
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
The question is who she would go dere dere on ? Chrono?Vice?Yuuno?Zafira?Subaru? lol
Preferably Chrono. Though I'd also welcome an out of the blue TeanaXAcous scena-

Wait. Now where did that idea come from?

OC Profiles
Old 2007-05-27, 11:51   Link #39
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I bet Nanoha was beaten by some less powerful enemy, whom she used to pawn easily, due her health problem.

Friendly fire is impossible. Vita is a knight, isn't she? As a knight she would attack from back, even if you hold the opinion she still hated Nanoha, which I don't agree. If it is unintentional, Vita would blame herself more than we have seen.

As for Nanoha took the hit for protecting Vita, I feel sort of pointless. There is no evidence hinting this. If Nanoha is too strong to be defeated in battlefield, so is Vita weak enough to be beaten? Why anyone think Vita an easier target than Nanoha? IMO, by accident or by sneaky attack, everyone who agree the one can take Vita down in battlefield should recognize the person also can own Nanoha.
As far as I know her health problem, if there is, was cause by THIS incident.

Is hinted that Vita might had been the initial target from a surprise attack from which Nanoha defended her cause Nanoha says: Are you all right, Vita? though, it's just a hint there are plenty of situations where Nanoha could have said the same thing.
Old 2007-05-27, 11:53   Link #40
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
As far as I know her health problem, if there is, was cause by THIS incident.

Is hinted that Vita might had been the initial target from a surprise attack from which Nanoha defended her cause Nanoha says: Are you all right, Vita? though, it's just a hint there are plenty of situations where Nanoha could have said the same thing.
Yeah, and the fact that Nanoha apologized and said that she messed up only makes it all the more confusing.

OC Profiles
Closed Thread