Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-05, 13:07   Link #27341
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
well if PETA considers pet ownership to be horrific and equivalent to slavery, it's not too surprising to discover they'd consider euthanasia to be a first response to getting animals.
It is when you remember them going on about how killing animals is murder, the same as killing human beings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is pretty normal. Animal shelters usually cull over here because of space constraints, and I don't blame them.
Animal shelters don't usually kidnap animals under the pretext of rescuing them.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:28   Link #27342
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

What you perverted Frenchman, $32 trillion and all you think of are maids?

C'mon! At least send them for EP training and turn them into NINJA maids! Heck you can even build a training institute for them with a thousandth of that amount! Plus you can pad their uniforms without feeling any pain - *knifed*
I can't beat you and RRW, your level of devianceness is way too ahead of common mortals.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:41   Link #27343
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I can't beat you and RRW, your level of devianceness is way too ahead of common mortals.
please, you guys all think too small.

with 32T, while bother building a school.

Buy a country, buyout the population and rename Country of Maids.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:44   Link #27344
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

Country? The world.

Images
Huge Size .. For effect
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-05, 14:30   Link #27345
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S. judge strikes age rules for "morning-after" pill
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9340ES20130405
Old 2013-04-05, 14:38   Link #27346
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
wait you compare me to SH

Old 2013-04-05, 14:48   Link #27347
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

The international economy only has a value of $70T, according to the CIA world Factbook. Meaning which that US isn't the richest country in the world, their English allies are - technically speaking.

That total amount in the bank is twice that of US's GDP, but is only 3/5 of their private debt. And the international derivatives market is 20x of US's GDP..........

I love the money creation process. [/sarcasm]

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:45   Link #27348
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/violent...enator-6406507
Quote:
Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein says if industry continues to make games that glorify guns, Congress could step in.

comments: and then here we go again with these old fart senators attacking the violent gaming.
Old 2013-04-05, 18:53   Link #27349
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
and then here we go again with these old fart senators attacking the violent gaming.
The interesting thing about this kind of opinion is that not just "old fart(s)" have it. There's a culture of do-gooders here in the United States that, I think, would be welcomed by many of Asuki posters as fellow travelers on many issues -- environmentalism, civil rights, etc.

Except they're a bunch of do-gooders after all, so they look down on the "media," and videogames to them are like, the even more childish media with guns and hoes and corrupting the children (and if they know anything at all about anime, well...). They have no idea how prejudiced and retarded they sound to us.

You find them working mostly in nonprofits and the like. They can be surprisingly young people, too.

I find it sad. I'd be like, yes I will march with you on the gay pride parade, but fuck off about my videogames.

That said, Feinstein is the...lady...who co-sponsored PIPA, SOPA's Senate sibling. She also backed COICA, an earlier, similar effort. That's all we need to know.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:26   Link #27350
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/violent...enator-6406507

comments: and then here we go again with these old fart senators attacking the violent gaming.
Yes. Violent video games are a negative influence on a generation of young people that...is substantially less inclined to violent crime on average than preceding generations, in spite of bad economic conditions.

Yeah. That's bollocks.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:35   Link #27351
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We've been trying to vote her out of office, but it never works.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:57   Link #27352
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
We've been trying to vote her out of office, but it never works.
problem is who the republican put up as a alternative.
Old 2013-04-05, 22:51   Link #27353
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
and then here we go again with these old fart senators attacking the violent gaming.
A total bucketload of bollocks as usual. Then she should explain me why kids from countries such as Japan, Canada, Germany, France, Australia and many more don't seem to have issues with playing those games and controlling their so-called primitive instincts.
Old 2013-04-05, 23:46   Link #27354
sneaker

Germany had several school shootings. Other countries also did have some, so the problem is not limited to the U.S.
Old 2013-04-06, 00:04   Link #27355
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
Germany had several school shootings. Other countries also did have some, so the problem is not limited to the U.S.
Yeah, but if we go by volume, numbers are still ridiculously low outside of the US.

Instead of blaming video games, it would be much more helpful if someone brings the hammer and sparks the debate on how parents raise their children in the US compared to other countries instead. I'm sure there are more skeletons there than on the topic of video games.
Old 2013-04-06, 01:57   Link #27356
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The interesting thing about this kind of opinion is that not just "old fart(s)" have it. There's a culture of do-gooders here in the United States that, I think, would be welcomed by many of Asuki posters as fellow travelers on many issues -- environmentalism, civil rights, etc.

Except they're a bunch of do-gooders after all, so they look down on the "media," and videogames to them are like, the even more childish media with guns and hoes and corrupting the children (and if they know anything at all about anime, well...). They have no idea how prejudiced and retarded they sound to us.

You find them working mostly in nonprofits and the like. They can be surprisingly young people, too.

I find it sad. I'd be like, yes I will march with you on the gay pride parade, but fuck off about my videogames.

That said, Feinstein is the...lady...who co-sponsored PIPA, SOPA's Senate sibling. She also backed COICA, an earlier, similar effort. That's all we need to know.
They are called idealists - blackwhite thinkers who have a sense of ethics but no sense of reality. They don't believe in sociocultural limitations and the diversity of free thought.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-06, 04:12   Link #27357
Xacual

Quote:
problem is who the republican put up as a alternative.
Indeed, we never have an alternative to her and she keeps getting reelected. So depressing.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-04-06, 08:34   Link #27358
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

U.S. and Japan Agree on Returning Okinawa Land

But that doesn't mean the US would leave Okinawa:
Quote:
By agreeing to a clear timetable for the return of 2,500 acres, both nations are hoping to entice Okinawans to drop their opposition to the air base, which Washington and Tokyo want to move to another part of the island but which many Okinawans want to move off the island. Fierce local opposition has kept Japan from being able to follow through on a deal originally made in 1996 to allow the base and its noisy aircraft to be relocated to a less populated area of the island.
Nor will the process be a swift one. The 2,500 acres would be returned by the US this year, but the entire process of relocation extends past 2023. Returning the Marines airbase in Futemna, probably the one most offensive to the local population given that it sits in the middle of the city of Ginowan, would only take place if the Okinawans will agree to the relocation of the bases to another part of the island.

One wonders what goodies PM Abe passed along to his fellow LDP member Nakaima Hirozaku who is the governor of Okinawa. Up to now Nakaima has supported those seeking a removal of the US bases, but might have succumbed to what the Times calls "offers of generous financial aid and other efforts to court the island’s governor.... In a sign the government’s tactics may be working, Mr. Nakaima offered uncharacteristic words of praise Friday, though he warned that the central government still had to win over other local leaders."
Old 2013-04-06, 12:05   Link #27359
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Friendliest country in the world named

Quote:
What is the friendliest country in the world for overseas visitors? It's not Australia – not by a long shot – a new study has found.
Australia placed only 27th on a list ranking countries' friendliness towards overseas visitors.
In the list of 140 countries ranked by the World Economic Forum, Australia was beaten by countries such as Yemen, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...#ixzz2PhhJQssw

full list http://i.imgur.com/qwfA39x.png

http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_TT_...eport_2013.pdf

Old 2013-04-06, 13:22   Link #27360
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Singapore friendly towards foreigners? How did this...............

Oh I forgot. You foreigners have money. No wonder our fellow citizens are so friendly to you.

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international