AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2018-01-21, 19:48   Link #641
4th Dimension

Well, as far as I know, kinda everyone jobs in this once due to U-D and Formula Eltria hax.
But I personally don't know the details vis a vis the Wolks.

Wait...
One moment let me ask...

Okay, apparently according to Hoki...

DAMN YOU HOKI, you thunder stealer

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 19:50   Link #642
Hoki
Professor Lech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Well, as far as I know, kinda everyone jobs in this once due to U-D and Formula Eltria hax.
But I personally don't know the details vis a vis the Wolks.

Wait...
One moment let me ask...

Okay, apparently according to Hoki...

DAMN YOU HOKI, you thunder stealer
Figured I get back to this place after some time.
Old 2018-01-21, 19:56   Link #643
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Alright then, it's decided. I'm not very sold on the Florian Sisters but it will be cool to see Stern being best girl for two hours.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 20:57   Link #644
Hoki
Professor Lech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Alright then, it's decided. I'm not very sold on the Florian Sisters but it will be cool to see Stern being best girl for two hours.
I won't expect THAT much.
Old 2018-01-21, 21:12   Link #645
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Aki's always going to have unreasonable expectations anyway.
Old 2018-01-21, 21:27   Link #646
Hoki
Professor Lech

Well, he's going to be disappointed when Stern shows up for less than two hours.
Old 2018-01-21, 23:00   Link #647
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I mean everyone jobs every now and then. The Wolkies don't even have that bad of a record aside from that nonexistent manga nobody cares about.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 02:22   Link #648
4th Dimension

Quote:
Weell, depends on which version of theirs you are familiar with. If it's the GOD one , well they have been changed from that, and maybe not for the better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoki View Post
Well, he's going to be disappointed when Stern shows up for less than two hours.
Will certainly be interesting to hear his opinion.

Old 2018-01-22, 03:40   Link #649
AP24

Quote:
Just found out the movie will be played on my home city. What should I do? I don't know if I want to see Signum job at the big screen. On the other hand it's a Nanoha movie in a movie theater.

Soft spoil me, without details, does she jobs too hard? How's the Wolks overall participation in the film (are they useful?)?
I didn't watch it when it came out in my city because it's a two part story. I plan to wait for the BD subs and then watch the second part movie in theatres.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-03, 19:18   Link #650
4th Dimension

Translated first issue of Reflection manga is up on Bato.to for anyone interested (of course no links here due to forum policy).

Old 2018-02-10, 15:03   Link #651
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

After coming home from watching the movie, I am 100% happy with it. Definitely pleased that Fate didn't overshadow Nanoha like she did in the previous movies.

Note: Everyone jobs, everyone gets a chance to shine. Even Yuuno.
Old 2018-02-25, 02:59   Link #652
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Just came back from watching the movie. It was: okay. Not the second coming of Jesus by any means but not too terrible either. It was serviceable enough. Watching Signum job will always pull strings in my heart but after eight years I'm able to see past that and evaluate in other details.

On the bright side of things I agree with Hiss13 on Nanoha, she finally feels like an important character which is a welcomed change compared with the previous two films that pretty much were "The Fate Testarossa Show: Featuring Nanoha & Friends". The Materials were cool and the fights were awesome when both sides were even (more on that later) and even if the movie couldn't avoid kissing Fate's feet for a while it lead to interesting resolution for other characters. I also liked the further world building of Uminari and Earth, it's refreshing after all this time the franchise spent on distant planets. We finally get to see Arisa and Suzuka's families a bit more closer and their role in the movie, if small, rises interesting questions. Amita was a bit divisive for me at times but is overall a decent heroine (although her habit of making everything about her was a bit jarring).

On the things that weren't so cool (aside of my Signum issues) the story was very rushed, the movie was so hurried to stablish Kyrie as a threat that the whole deal with her powers ended up being ambiguous as hell (hopefully the Reflections manga will give more light on how the whole Formula Eltria thing works, what are it's limits, etc) and then it rushed things again to the big twist making the whole deal with the Florian Sisters moot. The Materials while awesome were affected by the fact they appeared with their fully awakened personalities which diminished their development (I know, I know, tight movie schedule), hopefully DETONATION will give them more focus like the games did. Was bummed the whole first half if the movie was basically Eclipse-lite with everyone using weird weaponry without any introduction nor explanation (I can't believe I'm going to talk positive about FORCE but at least there the faulty prototypes had and actual reason to be).

The Mecha fights were decent although it was obvious those were there to give the jobbers (mainly the Worfenritter) something to do before biting it. Also it lacked the weight of the fights against the Dark Pieces and while I'm aware it's impossible to cram that into a two hour film at least they could had introduced the ones with the biggest impact like Precia (her fights with Signum and Linith were pretty intense). The fact none of the Wolks got to fight in any duels also hurt. Hopefully they'll get to fight an actual character in Detonation.

I kinda like the Mr. Piccolo approach they're taking with Signum in relation to Fate, though.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2018-02-25 at 05:23.
Old 2018-02-25, 06:24   Link #653
4th Dimension

Well, Dark Pieces were never going to be a feature, since:

A: they would add talky bits, which was the big draw for them, getting characters to interact with alternate versions of their friends and people from their past (and yet it's only people from RECENT past).
B: Movie is just taking elements from GoD, and pretty much tossing most of it's lore out of the window, probably to fit it into one movie, although I'm still perplexed with why they introduced Iris and made Kyrie just another woobie. Because of that DPs aren't a thing in Movie verse.
C: Also talking about them would make them add more explanations to basically explain them too.
Etc.

Also Presea and Rynith DP segments (currently in translation) are the Testarosa Angst segment that seems to be the only way MT knows how to write her, and since she already has the plot line that covers that in Reflection, that's not needed.

Old 2018-02-25, 10:22   Link #654
Kurohane

While the first movie, I understand why they focused on Fate, because she was central to that story. How is the second movie more of the same? I haven't managed to watch it yet, but is it around the dream eater machine and the outfit change to look more like her Strikers version? The dream eater machine was in the original series though.
Old 2018-02-25, 13:05   Link #655
Serovectra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
While the first movie, I understand why they focused on Fate, because she was central to that story. How is the second movie more of the same? I haven't managed to watch it yet, but is it around the dream eater machine and the outfit change to look more like her Strikers version? The dream eater machine was in the original series though.
It's an exaggeration. She didn't have any additional focus from my recollection(besides a two minute scene with Lindy, but they removed most of the school life segments that had a large focus on Fate). She still had the dream eater, which is pretty important to her development, and Nanoha still solo'd Reinforce for awhile. Nothing really changed between the a's series and the 2nd a's movie.
Serovectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 13:46   Link #656
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serovectra View Post
Nothing really changed between the a's series and the 2nd a's movie.
I politely disagree. The tone changed a lot with the removal of the Graham subplot and the shoehorned introduction of Nachtwal.

~The ASFB~
Old 2018-02-25, 14:02   Link #657
Serovectra

Quote:
I politely disagree. The tone changed a lot with the removal of the Graham subplot and the shoehorned introduction of Nachtwal.
That response was in relation to Fate.
Serovectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 17:14   Link #658
4th Dimension

Second chapter of the Reflection manga is out (translated). Showing how Iris and Kyrie first met.
Also raws of 3rd are also out, and it seems Reflection COMICS is going to be the backstory of Eltrians and Iris and Kyrie in particular.

Old 2018-03-03, 20:48   Link #659
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Not really. The main problem was that it was much harder to compress A's into a movie and some plotlines got smashed. It wasn't really particularly Fate heavy; her fight against Signum has her getting rekt pretty quickly as compared to the series. If anything the gap is bigger and makes Signum look better. *cough*

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 01:02   Link #660
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
If anything the gap is bigger and makes Signum look better. *cough*
Need to rewatch first fight but Signum got a weird trade in MOVIE A's. She got to beat Fate quicker the first fight but was deprived from most awesome character shaping moments from A's TV and as a result she seemed a lot more dumb and irrational that in the main show. In the show the Wolks had more solid reasons to go with their flawed plan to save Hayate. In the movie they seem to almost willingly cover their ears and ignore every bad sign of something going wrong right in front of them.

~The ASFB~