AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 17:27   Link #1341
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for Other type of Ending for 2 Key games:
I know nothing of Little Busters' plot, so no comment on that one, but as for Clannad...

Spoiler for implied spoilers for the Clannad Game:
Cheers.
Old 2008-03-31, 17:31   Link #1342
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I know nothing of Little Busters' plot, so no comment on that one, but as for Clannad...

Spoiler for implied spoilers:
Cheers.

Spoiler for Clannad ending, LB Ending:
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 17:34   Link #1343
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering Key tradition, happy ends (IF there is one) take a huge toll on player's sanity and morale, much like what Skane said

And that's the problem, because it almost look like Key want to demolish the players to the point they can't reach the happy end
Old 2008-03-31, 17:54   Link #1344
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~
So I think that what's important is not the steps to get to the ending, but the ending itself.
~
I disagree on this. The journey to the ending is important as well. Endings tend to be hollow if no importance is placed on the process that led to it. The usual exclamation in such cases being, "So what the f*** was the point of the previous chapters/episodes?"

KEY is particularly notorious for making their players jump screaming into the meat-grinder when it comes to their games. It's part of what makes them so adorable.

On a more positive side, what makes KEY likeable is that there is always a central theme in their games, and the game actually revolves around it (and not the humpa-humpa). The journey is always relevant, the ending poignant and meaningful, be it happy or sad.

In Clannad's case, it is about family, and that is why After Story is going to be the real meat of the story, with the School Arc being the introduction phase.

Cheers.
Old 2008-03-31, 18:08   Link #1345
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I disagree on this. The journey to the ending is important as well. Endings tend to be hollow if no importance is placed on the process that led to it. The usual exclamation in such cases being, "So what the f*** was the point of the previous chapters/episodes?"

KEY is particularly notorious for making their players jump screaming into the meat-grinder when it comes to their games. It's part of what makes them so adorable.

On a more positive side, what makes KEY likeable is that there is always a central theme in their games, and the game actually revolves around it (and not the humpa-humpa). The journey is always relevant, the ending poignant and meaningful, be it happy or sad.

In Clannad's case, it is about family, and that is why After Story is going to be the real meat of the story, with the School Arc being the introduction phase.

Cheers.
You're right.

And I like that meat grinder metaphor. Great imagery there.
Old 2008-03-31, 22:21   Link #1346
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Some news taken directly from the official site:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/clannad/01news/news.html

TVアニメ本編とは全く別のストーリー「智代編」が制作され、「CLANNAD」DVDの第8巻(最終巻) に収録されることが決定しました!(1話分) 原作でも人気の高かった智代ルート。是非チェックしてみてください!!

The second Extra episode (episode 24) given in DVD8 will focus on Tomoyo (智代編 - Tomoyo-hen: Tomoyo's chapter/compilation).
According to the "description", since Tomoyo's route was quite popular, they produced a parallele story based on it.

I hardly believe they will squeeze her route within 1 episode, so they just might do a "a daily scheldule of a studen council president" or some unfold points of her past and presents (beating up, Takafumi, etc).
There goes Baseball .

But more Tomoyo is fine too . I'm guessing they're gonna put in the Clannad: Official Another Story chapter which features Tomoyo's past.
Old 2008-04-05, 19:52   Link #1347
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

I'm wondering whether Clannad's town is based on a real location? For example, Air's village was inspired by Kami, Hyogo whilst Kanon's city includes locations found in Moriguchi, Osaka coupled with the atmosphere of Sapporo, Hokkaido.

Hmm...
Kanon = Large city in winter
Clannad = Suburban town in spring
Air = Village/small town in summer

Nice pattern
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 12:29   Link #1348
Kristen
*Author

So, it's April 14th. In other words, happy Clannad day everyone! Time to celebrate the anniversary of the first meeting of Tomoya and Nagisa!

Thinking of it... Key makes their games to take place 1 year after they release. So, this is 2008, 3 years after Tomoya met Nagisa. Where in the story is that... *Me goes to think*
Old 2008-04-14, 12:31   Link #1349
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
So, it's April 14th. In other words, happy Clannad day everyone! Time to celebrate the anniversary of the first meeting of Tomoya and Nagisa!

Thinking of it... Key makes their games to take place 1 year after they release. So, this is 2008, 3 years after Tomoya met Nagisa. Where in the story is that... *Me goes to think*
According to Wikipedia, the game is set in 2003... so it's been 5 years since they met...
Old 2008-04-14, 12:35   Link #1350
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, it is definitely 2003.
If it was 2005, 14th april would be a thursday. Meanwhile, it would be wednesday for 2004.
Old 2008-04-14, 13:39   Link #1351
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
According to Wikipedia, the game is set in 2003... so it's been 5 years since they met...
Oh, guess it's one year before instead of one year ahead then.

In that case, that definately means this is one of the years where nothing of note occurred in the Clannadverse, other that another anniversary of meeting Nagisa. Two more years to go...
Old 2008-04-14, 17:15   Link #1352
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Slightly off-topic but, Little Busters! was actually set in 2007 and released in 2007.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:17   Link #1353
Un1234l

oh cool, I just watched some parts of Clannad episode 5 (i don't know what led up to that) and Tomoya was thinking "Sanae-san looks really comfortable with the teacher role."

damn, like 20 week foreshadowing and I still didn't notice.
Un1234l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:32   Link #1354
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1234l View Post
damn, like 20 week foreshadowing and I still didn't notice.
Key is fun like that
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 01:20   Link #1355
eggplant
Eggplant

I was fortunate enough to have attended yesterday's CLANNAD ep.24 screening at the KFC Hall (no relation to everyone's favorite colonel). 400 selected CLANNAD fans flocked to the event, and interestingly enough, approximately a quarter of the audience was female.

Spoiler for ep.24 details:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 07:28   Link #1356
Farplaner

Thanks for the report on the screening.

A couple questions on whether certain elements of the game was shown...

Spoiler for ep24 questions:

I like how the ending sounds like from above, can't wait to see it!
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 07:49   Link #1357
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Spoiler for implied spoilers for the Clannad Game:
Spoiler for Not spoiling anything because I haven't played the game, I just wanted to say...:
Old 2008-06-01, 08:46   Link #1358
Farplaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Spoiler for Not spoiling anything because I haven't played the game, I just wanted to say...:
Spoiler for response:
Old 2008-06-01, 10:06   Link #1359
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplaner View Post
Thanks for the report on the screening.

A couple questions on whether certain elements of the game was shown...

Spoiler for ep24 questions:

I like how the ending sounds like from above, can't wait to see it!
You're welcome.

Unfortunately, I have neither played "Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~" nor listened to the Drama CD, so I'm not qualified to answer your questions, however...

Spoiler for ep.24 questions:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 11:13   Link #1360
Farplaner

Thanks for the answer.

It sounds like their relationship is not shown as intimate as in the game, which is okay (As long as the relationship was portrayed) It's disappointing about the other scene not shown, but I can understand because of they only have 25 minutes...

Spoiler for what I was referring to:

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen