AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Ore no Imouto character(s)
Kousaka Kyousuke 73 36.32%
Kousaka Kirino 65 32.34%
Aragaki Ayase 59 29.35%
Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko) 128 63.68%
Bajiina Saori 48 23.88%
Tamura Manami 57 28.36%
Kurusu Kanako 25 12.44%
Kousaka Yoshino 10 4.98%
Kousaka Daisuke 15 7.46%
Other (Specify) 4 1.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-09, 08:26   Link #41
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Or because majority of oriemo fandom are trash otakus who

1. don't have a sister
2. never got laid
3. kirino is a b*tch

Simply put, the poll result must be wrong!

Wait, the irony didn't come out as clearly as I wanted it to.

Let's just say, that the Japanese audience clearly are more receptive to the whole tsun tsun love love personality than the animesuki denizens.

Oh..I voted for Ayase, and Kuroneko will probably be in the bottom half if all ranked. Such a bland character, as if there's not enough cute lolis in anime already.
irony of not..i read your post like a sort of non sense attack.

It's simply a preference.

Some people love to do BDSM (for real) me not for example...but is a personal preference....

There isn't a"becouse", it's simply a choice.
Old 2011-02-09, 08:32   Link #42
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Haahaha.. teh b!etc lost to girl next door..

Haha

and the cat (but its to be expected for the cat will steamroll win the poll)

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-02-09, 08:52   Link #43
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Kuroneko FTW~
Old 2011-02-09, 08:52   Link #44
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
D' HELL!!

kirino won the poll over kuroneko? 0_o man, this is too farfetched. =/ definitely unacceptable! kirino doesn't deserve it! tch! now, im pissed.>=/ sorry kirino fans...

DENGEKI FAVORITE OREIMO CHARACTER SURVEY.

here...

http://bit.ly/fMNz4X
Looking back at the forum section of this article, I can't help but feel pity at everyone:

Quote:
"Boohoo, my favorite girl didn't win the poll. Japan's taste must suck!"

"Kirino's a b... this. Kirino's a b... that"

"Why's Kirino in first place? [insert character name here] is much better because [insert excuses here]!"
I honestly feel people take Kirino's actions too seriously to resent a fictional character this much...
Old 2011-02-09, 08:55   Link #45
Seihai
スマイリウム

I voted for Kanako and Ayase. lol I really like Kirino, too but just not as much, and I honestly thought she'd get 2nd in the AS poll after Kuroneko. xD
Old 2011-02-09, 09:05   Link #46
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
I honestly feel people take Kirino's actions too seriously to resent a fictional character this much...
She never really had any development, and the fans felt more like they were trolled through the entire series about the never changing relationship that seemed to have occurred between her and her brother. As well as the basic "tsundere harshness" that never went away, even after being helped by her brother so much. She did redeem that much in episode 12, but I can just leave this discussion for her thread and not here..

This thread does seem to slowly and slowly turn into a "Kirino hate center", let's try to focus that somewhere else please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I voted for Kanako and Ayase. lol I really like Kirino, too but just not as much, and I honestly thought she'd get 2nd in the AS poll after Kuroneko. xD
The hatred for Kirino is deep indeed
Old 2011-02-14, 13:22   Link #47
Miraluka
Banned

Vote por Kuroneko and Saori.... oh, it seems the Punching B... is second, eh I mean Bagsuke.
Old 2011-02-14, 14:35   Link #48
Solafighter
Hige

Kuro~neko~-chan~
Old 2011-02-16, 12:53   Link #49
GreatTeacherKen

Kousaka Kyousuke (Brosuke)- Probably the best brother ever and a likable protagonist, the lengths he will go to help out his sister is pretty impressive.

Bajiina Saori- I think she's the best subversion of the negative stereotypes of otaku in this series; she looks like a stereotypical female nerd and names herself after an anime character (Quattro Bajeena from Gundam Zeta); she is one of the sanest and nicest character in the whole series and is near unflappable. For these reasons, I find her quite charming and I always found her cute even before it's revealed that she's a rich girl. I'd love to hang out with someone like her.
Old 2011-02-18, 02:42   Link #50
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Kousaka Kyousuke (Brosuke)- Probably the best brother ever and a likable protagonist, the lengths he will go to help out his sister is pretty impressive.
I personally would not say he is the best brother ever as he seems to 'submissive' towards his sister, he as the elder sibling should stand up for himself more. But i will agree that he is my favourite character in the series.
Old 2011-02-22, 13:24   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Went with a simple trio for this one. Kuroneko, Kyousuke, and Kirino.

Kuroneko easily made herself the most likable character in the series. Plus like how things were going for her in the true ending that came out. Kyousuke is a good guy who really stepped up when the time was right for his sister. Kirino definitely had some bad moments, but by the end had some good ones as well.
Old 2011-02-22, 13:36   Link #52
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Voted Kuroneko. No wonder the author made her have a bigger part since she is so popular.
Old 2011-02-23, 17:31   Link #53
potchip

Very simply, most that hate Kirino do not even try to understand what a character is being portrayed in a show, rather how the character compares with what THEIR version of a good (taken literally good, eg not interesting, or thought provoking, but just, good/cute..meh) character should be. So if any character happens to differ to their ideals then it is a bad character automatically. They also tend to confuse quality of story telling, which is really about consistency on characterisation, with how likable (an subjective measure) a character is. And finally, they ask the question WHY a character is thus, looking for a backstory, which vindicates my previous point on judging characters relative to their own views - Why should there be an explanation on the character being different to the ideal? To ask why implies a bias that the character is not what it SHOULD be like. Why can't a character just BE what they are portrayed to be? In life when you meet a girl who initially seems extremely closed and untrusting, do you think 'I wonder if something happened in her childhood/family that caused this behaviour?' People are different, deal with it.

At least most characters in Oreimo are consistent. Of course Kirino will be paying for her own ticket. She's been self-reliant on all instances. It is unusual for Kirino to ask for anything, and usually it's Kyousuke that goes and do things for Kirino. He does it some times even behind her backs. This is the whole point of him being a good brother, he's not seeking rewards, do the thing itself is reward enough. And knowing Kirino, not telling directly is better because of her pride. Many blame Kirino for the troubles Kyousuke go through, thing is, it's just him..he choose rather than continue the existing dead relationship with his sister, he wants to do something about it, good for him. His choice.

A major narrative missing in the anime is Kyousuke's own assessment on how his actions has led to self-improvement. So stop telling Kyousuke what he *should* do or *shouldn't*, the guy himself is comfortable with it.

Last edited by potchip; 2011-02-23 at 19:54.
Old 2011-02-23, 19:14   Link #54
GreatTeacherKen

^^

I think the issue people have with Kirino is that, in the anime, she comes off as rather selfish and bratty, traits made more irritating because Kyousuke sacrifices a lot to help her out, the fact that she's the female lead, and that she's fond of hitting him when she's angry which might rub people the wrong way.

Ironically, Kirino in episode 9 sums up the problem people have with her, "100% tsun and 0% dere."

She may be consistent, but I don't think that will raise her detractors' opinion of her.

I agree with some of the criticisms of Kirino, but I don't hate her because some of her antics can be pretty funny.
Old 2011-02-23, 20:09   Link #55
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm going to break this up since I'm having a hard time scrolling up and down and it'll be easier to organize.
Quote:
Very simply, most that hate Kirino do not even try to understand what a character is being portrayed in a show, rather how the character compares with what THEIR version of a good (taken literally good, eg not interesting, or thought provoking, but just, good/cute..meh) character should be. So if any character happens to differ to their ideals then it is a bad character automatically.
So you're saying that people having opinions is a bad thing?
Quote:
They also tend to confuse quality of story telling, which is really about consistency on characterisation, with how likable (an subjective measure) a character is. And finally, they ask the question WHY a character is thus, looking for a backstory, which vindicates my previous point on judging characters relative to their own views - Why should there be an explanation on the character being different to the ideal? To ask why implies a bias that the character is not what it SHOULD be like. Why can't a character just BE what they are portrayed to be? In life when you meet a girl who initially seems extremely closed and untrusting, do you think 'I wonder if something happened in her childhood/family that caused this behaviour?' People are different, deal with it.
1. People try to look for a backstory to justify what they see as behavior they don't like. When people try to look for Kirino's backstory, they're trying to justify what they see as a poor attitude. Basically, they're doing her character a favor.
2. Yes, bias tends to happen when people have opinions. Also, this "ideal" you're talking about is just people's preference regarding character personalities.
3. People are different, yes. They have individual preferences that allow them to do things like dislike Kirino.

Quote:
At least most characters in Oreimo are consistent. Of course Kirino will be paying for her own ticket. She's been self-reliant on all instances. It is unusual for Kirino to ask for anything, and usually it's Kyousuke that goes and do things for Kirino. He does it some times even behind her backs. This is the whole point of him being a good brother, he's not seeking rewards, do the thing itself is reward enough. And knowing Kirino, not telling directly is better because of her pride. Many blame Kirino for the troubles Kyousuke go through, thing is, it's just him..he choose rather than continue the existing dead relationship with his sister, he wants to do something about it, good for him. His choice.

A major narrative missing in the anime is Kyousuke's own assessment on how his actions has led to self-improvement. So stop telling Kyousuke what he *should* do or *shouldn't*, the guy himself is comfortable with it.
That just means Kyousuke's a saint and has no bearing on anyone's impression on Kirino. Considering the amount of work he goes through to make sure that Kirino can keep her hobby, other people would expect her to be grateful even if he doesn't, because that's a positive trait. You have to realize that people dislike Kirino just as much (more so, in my case) due to an absence of positive traits than due to negative traits.
Old 2011-02-23, 22:14   Link #56
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Considering the amount of work he goes through to make sure that Kirino can keep her hobby, other people would expect her to be grateful even if he doesn't, because that's a positive trait. You have to realize that people dislike Kirino just as much (more so, in my case) due to an absence of positive traits than due to negative traits.
Kirino has a lot of her positive traits. She's self-sufficient, headstrong, and has an extremely good sense of responsibility. She does come off as way too tsun with the main character, and I know that she garners a lot of hate for it, but that's no reason to deny the good points she has. Heck, even Kyousuke points them out from time to time.

Also, I have absolutely no idea how exactly is she ungrateful to Kyousuke. No matter how bratty she acts, there's a very large difference between that and not grateful at all.
Old 2011-02-24, 01:56   Link #57
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Kirino has a lot of her positive traits. She's self-sufficient, headstrong, and has an extremely good sense of responsibility. She does come off as way too tsun with the main character, and I know that she garners a lot of hate for it, but that's no reason to deny the good points she has. Heck, even Kyousuke points them out from time to time.

Also, I have absolutely no idea how exactly is she ungrateful to Kyousuke. No matter how bratty she acts, there's a very large difference between that and not grateful at all.
It's great that she's self-reliant, but considering that we don't see her unless she's interacting with Kyousuke, that strong-mindedness comes off as harsh, especially considering we're seeing things from Kyousuke's perspective and thus know that he's doing things to help Kirino out.

Plus, like I said before, it's a personal thing. Some people might think that the way she acts throughout the series is more significant than those good traits. Not to mention that a big part of what attracts people to characters in a show like this is how they interact with the other characters. Although I should take back what I said; Kirino does have good traits.

Really, I guess it's that she acts so bratty that she comes off as ungrateful and that there are a lot of instances where she makes it harder for Kyousuke to help her and really only thanks him at the end of an arc. Her making it harder for him to help her makes it seem like she forgot what he went through to help her out previously.

Personally, the reason why I don't like her is because I have no reason to like her. She does have good qualities, but they never appear when she's interacting with everyone else, and as I said before, that's really important to certain people [like me]. Honestly, I do like her a bit more after watching the new episode 12, but it's just that the tsun turns me away from her.
Old 2011-02-25, 13:40   Link #58
kyosak
poo

#1 Kirino
#2 Kanako
Close 3rd Ayase
Old 2011-02-25, 22:32   Link #59
MiyanoAi
The Blind Bandit

Kuroneko!!
Old 2011-03-01, 09:20   Link #60
Gamer23