AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-07, 13:00   Link #1081
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i think homura really
is madoka. it would explain why there's no present!homura. but i wonder, if madoka/homura died in the end..bec. if yes, how was she able to return in time? is madoka/homura's parents the main reason why she wants to stop herself from becoming an MG? Was she the Only One who remained in the future? she's like the new eve then? Aarggh! I WANT EP 10 ASAP!!
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 13:43   Link #1082
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
i think homura really
is madoka. it would explain why there's no present!homura. but i wonder, if madoka/homura died in the end..bec. if yes, how was she able to return in time? is madoka/homura's parents the main reason why she wants to stop herself from becoming an MG? Was she the Only One who remained in the future? she's like the new eve then? Aarggh! I WANT EP 10 ASAP!!
I have a theory here. Put in spoiler space to save space.

Spoiler for Extension off of Archer Theory:
Old 2011-03-07, 13:58   Link #1083
Shadow5YA

I think the biggest question would be Madoka's dream vision at the beginning of ep1. It was almost a vision of the future. How could a supposedly ordinary girl have a vision? It's too specific to be a concidence, especially in a story where the writer places details in for a specific reason.

Somehow Madoka is connected to a future self where she is already a Puella Magi. The new magazine scans aren't a big revelation, because the opening sequence showed two Madokas. Perhaps it is possible for Madoka to awaken to her powers without a contract with Kyubey.

The Archer theory doesn't exactly fit, because Archer was a character who regretted his past, and sought to destroy himself to prevent his own future from happening. The Puella Magi Madoka seems like a guardian angel who gives the human Madoka the power she needs to make her hopes come true.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 14:05   Link #1084
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think the biggest question would be Madoka's dream vision at the beginning of ep1. It was almost a vision of the future. How could a supposedly ordinary girl have a vision? It's too specific to be a concidence, especially in a story where the writer places details in for a specific reason.

Somehow Madoka is connected to a future self where she is already a Puella Magi. The new magazine scans aren't a big revelation, because the opening sequence showed two Madokas. Perhaps it is possible for Madoka to awaken to her powers without a contract with Kyubey.

The Archer theory doesn't exactly fit, because Archer was a character who regretted his past, and sought to destroy himself to prevent his own future from happening. The Puella Magi Madoka seems like a guardian angel who gives the human Madoka the power she needs to make her hopes come true.
Well, I don't think that people are saying that Homura is exactly to Madoka what Archer was to Shirou, just that you have the same "future self with different identity traveling into the past in order to change it" thing going on.

The term "Archer theory" is just used as a shorthand for that.
Old 2011-03-07, 14:09   Link #1085
Shadow5YA

Unless ep10 reveals Homura to be a much, much kinder person, I don't see her being a future Madoka. She does not care about anyone but Madoka, while Madoka cares about everyone. Homura doesn't always help Madoka either.
Old 2011-03-07, 14:12   Link #1086
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Unless ep10 reveals Homura to be a much, much kinder person, I don't see her being a future Madoka. She does not care about anyone but Madoka, while Madoka cares about everyone. Homura doesn't always help Madoka either.
That's one of the key problems with the "Homura = future Madoka" theory, yeah.

However, going by my extension off of it, maybe becoming a witch truly twisted original Madoka into the Homura that she is now. :shrug:

The "Homura = future Madoka" theory certainly isn't the only possibility, of course. It's just my somewhat educated guess here given those magazine reveals.

Whatever Episode 10 reveals, I'm looking forward to it. It'll be great to finally know who exactly Homura is...
Old 2011-03-07, 14:36   Link #1087
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's one of the key problems with the "Homura = future Madoka" theory, yeah.

However, going by my extension off of it, maybe becoming a witch truly twisted original Madoka into the Homura that she is now. :shrug:

The "Homura = future Madoka" theory certainly isn't the only possibility, of course. It's just my somewhat educated guess here given those magazine reveals.

Whatever Episode 10 reveals, I'm looking forward to it. It'll be great to finally know who exactly Homura is...
Alternatively, the reason Homura (future Madoka) is so obsessed with present Madoka is that she knows exactly how horrible things will get if she turns into a witch. Let's say your theory is true, Madoka turned into a witch, and murders a huge amount of people or nearly destroys the world. It's possible Homura's focusing on her present self because she sees her as by far the biggest threat and number one thing to stop.

Or maybe this Madoka has a cynical view of the world for different reasons. She may have gone through these events multiple times, or what Triple_R said happened, or maybe there's other reason. But it's not impossible for Madoka to have lost her kind nature due to events we don't know yet. She's shown hints of concern after all, for Mami when she died (and before she fought Charlotte), and for Kyoko when she knew she was going to get herself killed.
Old 2011-03-07, 14:41   Link #1088
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Don't know how accurate this is but:

まず10話を観てください。ほむらのことを見直します!そして、もし
ずっと録画していらっしゃる方がいたら、11、12話の前に、1話を観て

いただきたい。きっとぜんぜん違う物語に見えてくると思うんです。それ
てすごく贅沢のことですよね。1回観てだまされているわけじゃないです
か。でもそれって無茶苦茶気持ちいい騙され方ですよ、たぶん。最後まで超

期待してください。ハードルを最大級まで上げてください!この作品はき
っとそれを飛び越えられる作品です。

"Please first just watch episode 10. You'll see Homura in a much better light. And for any viewers out there who have been recording the whole thing, please watch the first episode before episodes 11 and 12. It'll totally look like two completely different shows. I think that's pretty cool. It's as if the first time you watched it you were completely fooled. But the good kind of fooled...maybe. Please watch all the way to the end. And set the bar high. This show will definitely surpass that."
Old 2011-03-07, 15:06   Link #1089
Triple_R
*Author

Wow, I can't wait until Episode 10.

This is going to be great!

What Kazu-kun translated there would fit the Archer theory, I think. If the Archer theory is correct, everybody who can should definitely re-watch the 1st episode, just for all the "Aha!" moments it'll give with little clues being realized.

However, what Kazu-kun translated could allude to something even more compelling. Something perhaps that hasn't even been speculated yet. Given the entropy reveal, that is genuinely possible.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:07   Link #1090
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Need episode 10... soon...
Damn you, Shaft! Damn you, Nitroplus!
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 15:15   Link #1091
Kazu-kun

Quote:
What Kazu-kun translated.
It's not mine. I just took it from somewhere lol

Anyway, I can see Homura's VA knows how to hype her shit up. I'm just hoping she's not bluffing.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:16   Link #1092
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Please watch all the way to the end. And set the bar high. This show will definitely surpass that.
I'm remembering that quote,because that's quite some confidence they're showing.And if it turns out it's just madoka=homura then no they won't surpass my expectation,people have been speculating that since episode 1

There is definatly a connection though,homura's soulgem is pink afterall,I just hope it's more complex than Homura=Madoka,it wouldn't ruin the show for me,not even close,but it definatly wouldn't "wow" me.

Of course I've already rewatched episode 1 and 2 a few times,maybe I wouldn't be saaying this if I hadn't.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:19   Link #1093
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
And set the bar high. This show will definitely surpass that.
They are already thinking the legacy of the series x_X
Old 2011-03-07, 15:21   Link #1094
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiNoKen View Post
Need episode 10... soon...
Damn you, Shaft! Damn you, Nitroplus!
Thursday can't come soon enough, eh?

I can't remember being this excited about an anime in literally ages, and the way I see it, loads of people feel that way too. Does anyone else?
Old 2011-03-07, 15:27   Link #1095
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm remembering that quote,because that's quite some confidence they're showing.And if it turns out it's just madoka=homura then no they won't surpass my expectation,people have been speculating that since episode 1

There is definatly a connection though,homura's soulgem is pink afterall,I just hope it's more complex than Homura=Madoka,it wouldn't ruin the show for me,not even close,but it definatly wouldn't "wow" me.

Of course I've already rewatched episode 1 and 2 a few times,maybe I wouldn't be saaying this if I hadn't.
What? I thought Homura's Soul Gem was purple.

I think Homura is just MG Madoka's friend from another time. From teaching her how to fight to how to protect others, Homura was Madoka's ally. However, Madoka met a tragic end, and Homura is in grief. She becomes a bit cynical and resigns only to protect Madoka in the past and nobody else. Ep10 will probably show us why she cares about Madoka so much, and that Homura protecting Madoka not just because of a future she regrets, but because she truly cares about Madoka.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:28   Link #1096
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

The same applies to me.

It's only through rewatching Episodes 1 and 3, and paying closer attention to the OP, that the Archer Theory even occurred to me (keep in mind that I wasn't following all the posters and sites putting forward the Archer theory before then). There's these tiny little hints in Episode 1 that may just perplex a person on first viewing, but kind of pop out at you on second viewing if you watch them with "Maybe Homura is future Madoka" in mind.

I'd be quite satisfied if the Archer Theory ends up being correct. It would wow some viewers, just not the folks who engage the most in series speculations, like we do.

Of course, it could be something else entirely, and I'll (probably) be happy with that as well.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:47   Link #1097
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
The same applies to me.

It's only through rewatching Episodes 1 and 3, and paying closer attention to the OP, that the Archer Theory even occurred to me (keep in mind that I wasn't following all the posters and sites putting forward the Archer theory before then). There's these tiny little hints in Episode 1 that may just perplex a person on first viewing, but kind of pop out at you on second viewing if you watch them with "Maybe Homura is future Madoka" in mind.

I'd be quite satisfied if the Archer Theory ends up being correct. It would wow some viewers, just not the folks who engage the most in series speculations, like we do.

Of course, it could be something else entirely, and I'll (probably) be happy with that as well.
The main thing that set all "Homura might be Madoka" alarms off for me was the pink soul gem. And then the fact that checking official art...you can find out that they both use bows as their weapon of choice. So there's more supporting evidence for your theory, in case you momentarily forgot about it...

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see that the pink soul gem thing was in the post you answered. The bow still applies, though.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2011-03-07 at 15:59.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 15:47   Link #1098
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I think Homura is just MG Madoka's friend from another time. From teaching her how to fight to how to protect others, Homura was Madoka's ally. However, Madoka met a tragic end, and Homura is in grief. She becomes a bit cynical and resigns only to protect Madoka in the past.
Think about this. In episode 7, when Madoka told Homura she would like to do something for Sayaka because Sayaka's her friend and saved her before, Homura said, don't mix gratitude with responsibility...

Considering that, if Homura was just a friend that wanted to save Madoka out of friendship and gratitude, she would be a fucking hypocrite for saying that to Madoka in episode 7. I don't think she's like that and I definitely don't think this line was just coincidence...

After 9 episodes I'm pretty convinced Homura isn't like that. Homura definitely loves Madoka, but she's trying to save her no just out of friendship but also because it's her responsibility somehow. So forcibly she has to be either Madoka herself, or someone from her family (like her mother or daughter), or a part of Madoka herself (like a familiar) but definitely not just a friend.

Just my two cents, but I'm calling it!!
Old 2011-03-07, 15:49   Link #1099
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
For sure, the series has done a great job in creating suspense and speculation. Of course, someone will figure out the suspense and foreshadowing ahead of time. However, it takes good story writing skills to get people to even think and speculate about the suspense and foreshadowing. The fact the creators managed to get you thinking is a sign of skill from the creators.
Old 2011-03-07, 16:08   Link #1100
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see that the pink soul gem thing was in the post you answered. The bow still applies, though.
Good point on the bow. That's a pretty big piece of supporting evidence there, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Think about this. In episode 7, when Madoka told Homura she would like to do something for Sayaka because Sayaka's her friend and saved her before, Homura said, don't mix gratitude with responsibility...

Considering that, if Homura was just a friend that wanted to save Madoka out of friendship and gratitude, she would be a fucking hypocrite for saying that to Madoka in episode 7. I don't think she's like that and I definitely don't think this line was just coincidence...

After 9 episodes I'm pretty convinced Homura isn't like that. Homura definitely loves Madoka, but she's trying to save her no just out of friendship but also because it's her responsibility somehow. So forcibly she has to be either Madoka herself, or someone from her family (like her mother or daughter), or a part of Madoka herself (like a familiar) but definitely not just a friend.

Just my two cents, but I'm calling it!!
Very good observations. Homura as Madoka's daughter is a fascinating idea, that I've never encountered before. Now that would wow a lot of people, even most people on this board I think. It would mean, though, that Madoka lasted a long time as a magical girl before becoming a witch - long enough to actually become pregnant and give birth to Homura.

Also makes me wonder who the father might be, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiNoKen View Post
For sure, the series has done a great job in creating suspense and speculation. Of course, someone will figure out the suspense and foreshadowing ahead of time. However, it takes good story writing skills to get people to even think and speculate about the suspense and foreshadowing. The fact the creators managed to get you thinking is a sign of skill from the creators.
Agreed.

Tags
madoka magica