Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-01, 01:23   Link #30361
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Now here is an interesting read :

Stock Market Reactions to The US of Airstrikes

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-09-01, 04:01   Link #30362
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
No permanent US bases in PH

Quote:
The United States has no plans to establish permanent military bases in the Philippines but is committed to helping its strategic ally to build its own ''modern military,'' visiting US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced yesterday.
China and the Leftish here will be piss off again....
Old 2013-09-01, 05:44   Link #30363
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
No permanent US bases in PH

China and the Leftish here will be piss off again....
Meh, it's just an excuse for the US firms to make more money by selling arms to other countries.
While the tax payers fund the overseas pay of it's military
Old 2013-09-01, 06:22   Link #30364
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Meh, it's just an excuse for the US firms to make more money by selling arms to other countries.
While the tax payers fund the overseas pay of it's military
We don't mind. It produce jobs and income in our country.
Old 2013-09-01, 07:28   Link #30365
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
We don't mind. It produce jobs and income in our country.
I agree with you.

Stop shipping housekeepers to high-HDI countries in this region (like mine), not only is it demeaning to home-care workers, it also fuels the goddamn grudge mentality I am seeing everywhere.

I would be glad to see those maid-abusers being forced to do their own shit without others to help them out.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-09-01, 07:30   Link #30366
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

South Africa's Mandela back home after long hospital stay
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...98003220130901
Old 2013-09-01, 07:51   Link #30367
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Hayao Miyazaki retires

Japanese animator and manga master Hayao Miyazaki retires
Quote:
ENICE (AFP) - Japanese animation and manga master Hayao Miyazaki is retiring, the head of his production company said on Sunday at the Venice film festival, where his last work Kaze Tachinu (The Wind Rises) was being shown.

"Miyazaki has decided that Kaze Tachinu will be his last film, and he will now retire," said Mr Koji Hoshino, head of Studio Ghibli co-founded by Mr Miyazaki.

Mr Hoshino did not give any further details, saying only that Mr Miyazaki would hold a briefing in Tokyo. The director himself was not at the film festival.

The 72-year-old Mr Miyazaki has won hearts and accolades around the world in a career that began in the 1960s.
Oh wow, I am quite sad about this announcement.
Old 2013-09-01, 08:23   Link #30368
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Meh, nothing's gonna happen. Typical dickish Indian judiciary.
That is all the judge could sentence him to, as three years in prison is all a juvenile can be sentenced to in India although the family of the victim wants him to hang for what happened.
Old 2013-09-01, 08:42   Link #30369
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post

Well, as sad as the news is, you have to admit he had a very good run.

Endless "Thank you Hayao Miyazaki" Soul
Old 2013-09-01, 09:12   Link #30370
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Overseas Concern Follows Obama’s New Approach to Syria
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/02/wo...-to-syria.html
Quote:
“The Obama administration’s conduct gives us insight into the strategic challenge posed by Iran’s nuclear program,” the analysis said. “From an Israeli point of view, the conclusion is far from encouraging. The theory that the U.S. will come to Israel’s aid at the last minute, and attack Iran to lift the nuclear threat, seems less and less likely.
The lesson I would take if I was a Israeli would be '' Better not doing something very stupid, the US might not save my ass in time''
Old 2013-09-01, 09:32   Link #30371
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
It does explain why he said he was okay with Anno doing a Valley of the Wind sequel/remake. That if he is going to retire, he had to be ready to let other people do their thing.
Old 2013-09-01, 13:43   Link #30372
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:

I guess some things were inevitable.

It's a good thanks to him that I discovered a wide variety of Japanese animation media many years ago. I can only hope that Studio Ghibli will keep pulling out great animation movies again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It does explain why he said he was okay with Anno doing a Valley of the Wind sequel/remake. That if he is going to retire, he had to be ready to let other people do their thing.
Well, Anno was excellent in adapting a concept first used by Hayao Miyazaki when Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water came out. I'm sure Anno will do a great job with the next Valley of the Wind.
Old 2013-09-01, 15:05   Link #30373
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Well, Anno was excellent in adapting a concept first used by Hayao Miyazaki when Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water came out. I'm sure Anno will do a great job with the next Valley of the Wind.
He did Nadia by throwing away the script he was given.
The TV station sends him a script every week, and he never used them. The only thing that the TV station got was the Island arc.

When there was a party organised for the DVD release of Nadia, people organised a party with Gainax and the TV station together. It was an awkward meeting because they are not on friendly terms.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:42   Link #30374
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:

Eh?..... EHHHH?????? Where is Nausica's sequel now!!! Bomber...
Old 2013-09-01, 19:35   Link #30375
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Eh?..... EHHHH?????? Where is Nausica's sequel now!!! Bomber...
He wasn't going to do it. So better ask Anno after he finishes with Rebuild. He would have some spare time then.
Old 2013-09-01, 22:10   Link #30376
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Ditch the stats: China retailers don't buy signs of recovery
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9800HE20130901

Analysis: How much Europe is too much Europe?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9800CB20130901
Old 2013-09-01, 22:57   Link #30377
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru
Overseas Concern Follows Obama’s New Approach to Syria
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/02/wo...-to-syria.html
Quote:
“The Obama administration’s conduct gives us insight into the strategic challenge posed by Iran’s nuclear program,” the analysis said. “From an Israeli point of view, the conclusion is far from encouraging. The theory that the U.S. will come to Israel’s aid at the last minute, and attack Iran to lift the nuclear threat, seems less and less likely.
The lesson I would take if I was a Israeli would be '' Better not doing something very stupid, the US might not save my ass in time''
One of the edge Democrats have over the Republican is that the party isn't seen as war-mongering. If Obama goes to bomb Syria all by himself just because he can as the Commander in Chief, then it gives the GOP a lot of talking points come next president election. The overall sentiment around the country has been that we (US) need to stop playing the cop when it suits us. I acknowledge that Israel is our ally but we shouldn't get into these self-created mess in every few years when it's not in our best interest. The old approach needs to change where we are bombing everyone who Israel thinks as threats. It's not in Israel's best interest or ours. I had a huge grin when I learned that the Brits won't be there to back us. They showed their backbone for a change.

I can also say that a lot of opinion about the Democrat party will change nationally if Obama goes to bomb Syria and then, entangles US to another messy Middle East affair. For once I will welcome the GOP lead congress to say "NO, Mr. President."
Old 2013-09-01, 23:07   Link #30378
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For once I will welcome the GOP lead congress to say "NO, Mr. President."
Why are you so sure they would say no?

IMO it is 50/50. The GOP had to struggle between their own desire to go to war (As they had been demanding for months) or to oppose Obama in complete contrary manner to earn political points that aren't there.

War = more money from lobbyists. They might decide opposing Obama is not worth it if they lose funding.

Don't forget that the GOP need to #### ###### to get their voters to the polls too.
Old 2013-09-01, 23:16   Link #30379
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Why are you so sure they would say no?

IMO it is 50/50. The GOP had to struggle between their own desire to go to war (As they had been demanding for months) or to oppose Obama in complete contrary manner to earn political points that aren't there.

War = more money from lobbyists. They might decide opposing Obama is not worth it if they lose funding.
While that's a good point, I just can't see them saying "yes" when the general sentiment all around the country regardless of the party affiliation has been for us to not get involved. I think Obama is clever enough to fall back on this decision by putting it on the GOP lead congress. If congress says, "Yes" then Obama will claim he has people's consensus. If congress says "no" then Obama can say he doesn't want to go against the collective wishes of the citizens. Either choice allows Obama and Deomcrats to score a lot of browny points which may even reflect in the coming congressional election.

If you've access to CSPAN, I suggest listening to it on this topic and you will start seeing where I'm coming from.
Old 2013-09-01, 23:38   Link #30380
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

McCain is trying to go both ways by saying he would only agree to the war if removing Assad is part of the deal. This is his method of both rejecting war, AND desiring war at the same time. So the war hawks are happy, and he gets to vote no. Politics, huh?

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international