AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-12-23, 06:11   Link #81
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

*sacrifices moe blobs to appease the Goddess*

Happy?
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 10:03   Link #82
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
MUST PUT MALE REPRODUCTIVE ORGAN INTO FATE-CHAN'S FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE ORGAN.
LOL. :/ Gah, it looks so good.. I may blow another 60-80 dollars on it if I can find it in shops. Will go next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Doesn't seem like Nanoha is wearing pantsu
Yes she does! Here's more proof! ... Wait, you just wanted to see more Pantsu didnt you?!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 10:29   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh yes!! found a place where they are gonna stock the alter fate fig but the shipping charges are really painful >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 11:08   Link #84
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

The shipping charges are always painful. I ordered Goodsmile Nanoha along with a batch of six other figures from Hobbylink and I expect a maximum combined shipping cost of about half of the total figure cost. Although that's a maximum and since they will come in two or three batches, it's bound to be less, but it's still painful
Old 2006-12-23, 12:11   Link #85
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
LOL. :/ Gah, it looks so good.. I may blow another 60-80 dollars on it if I can find it in shops. Will go next week.

Yes she does! Here's more proof! ... Wait, you just wanted to see more Pantsu didnt you?!

Now where did you get that idea
Old 2006-12-23, 15:09   Link #86
JediNight
キズランダム

You guys are sad .... don't you have some hentai or pr0n you can go watch instead of ogling the panties on a plastic model? ............................
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 15:27   Link #87
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
You guys are sad .... don't you have some hentai or pr0n you can go watch instead of ogling the panties on a plastic model? ............................
You do realize they're being silly, right...? (And that aside, I fail to see how one is more sad than the other -- they're all "sad", at least to varying degrees -- but I digress... )
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 15:35   Link #88
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
im confused? who ever said that we buy figures so we can flap on top of them? and i mean what other people do is their own business but i find it offensive to accuse the normal ones as well ~ heck i used to find the idea strange i mean why would someone want plastic figures? now i understand

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 21:11   Link #89
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
You're just jealous, AMIRITE
Old 2006-12-28, 14:48   Link #90
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I am looking over ebay on some of the prices for Figurines and I notice that Figurine form Bome generally cost much less then form other companies. Anyone know what the reason is for that?
Old 2006-12-29, 01:02   Link #91
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Because Bome products are released in the US for the US market as well, making them affordable for you lot.
Old 2006-12-29, 04:34   Link #92
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Bome peices are also what's called "speed painted" which generally results in lower-quality or outright bad paint schemes. I have two of his figures and both look fine across the room but up close the quality is pretty crappy.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 20:40   Link #93
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I finally got to play the full version of that doujin shmup of A's that came out with a demo a while ago (demo had 1 level with Vita for a boss)

Basic advice: If you're big into stuff like Touhou, DO NOT compare them. However, on it's own it's a pretty fun (if short) shmup allowing choosing between Fate and Nanoha (yet to beat it to see if Hayate is unlockable). The bosses are fairly imaginable compared to most generic shmups I've played and they fixed a few of the problems the demo had.
Old 2007-01-02, 16:09   Link #94
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I had both Fate's arrive today and now I have a conundrum ... my original plan was to review them all and sell all but the "best" Fate and the "best" Nanoha (imo). Now I'm stymied:
Fate:
The figure is very dynamic, her expression is grim, AND it has Bardiche in my favorite form (poleaxe).
This figure is just jawdropping, with the cape and sword (very lightweight). Her expression is good but its hard to see from straight on which means this puppy should be on a higher shelf. ... but its the sword form (less appealing). I didn't even try to pull the whole sword into the image since I wanted to focus on the figure.

Nanoha:
I like the piercing form of RH but the rest of the figure is a bit bland.
I like this one because its dynamic and her expression is "shoot first..." but its the basic round cartridge form.

I'd just swap RH units but then that would make the other unsaleable to collectors. If I were perverse, I'd convert the bland Nanoha into Dark Nanoha but I don't paint that well

The Fate pair is the tough choice... I didn't want to keep more than one but little Fate's sword form is overshadowing my 14" LH Motoko Miko sword dancing figure centerpiece here....
Old 2007-01-03, 20:26   Link #95
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

So I just went to go use my card and it suddenly declined.

"WTF!?" I said because it had well enough money on it for the transaction and my only preorders were my botched order of Fate and a preorder on an Arin (pangya) figure which shouldn't release until the end of the month! Confused, I checked my recent transactions and they showed that hlj charged my card. So naturally I checked my HLJ account only to find

Items Being Processed for Shipping
The following items are now being processed for shipping. This means we have identified these items as being in stock, and are processing your payment, calculating final shipping charges, etc. in preparation for getting this order to you. It should leave our warehouse in a few days. In order to avoid delays and mistakes, we ask that you refrain from requesting changes or cancellations to your order once it has reached this stage.

Item Code Item Name Quantity From Order No.
ALT20127 Fate Testarossa PVC (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha) 1

Oh, yes, my fellow Fans of the Black Thunder. I am also the proud soon-to-be owner of that coveted huge figure.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYA!
Old 2007-01-04, 13:51   Link #96
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Looks more like Motoko's older sister then motoko herself.
Old 2007-01-04, 17:33   Link #97
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not to derail onto Motoko... but it dates back to near the original run of the series and manga and is a resin figure (quite heavy). She's also my first ever figure purchase (and I got in a bidding war over her, ouch). Reviewing all the anime pics and models of her --- one gets quite a lot of facial variation (even in the manga) so a "true" model of her is kind of difficult to pin down. My main critique of this one is that the eyes are a bit large since she has "extra-japanese" eyes in her drawings (even when she's surprised they have an almond shape to them).

The older sister remark is kind of amusing because I've tagged her "end of series" Motoko as she's got a calm zen grace in her face rather than the tense mixed feelings look she spent much of the series in. So in that respect she's closer to the plateau her sister already reached.
Old 2007-01-04, 17:47   Link #98
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The older sister remark is kind of amusing because I've tagged her "end of series" Motoko as she's got a calm zen grace in her face rather than the tense mixed feelings look she spent much of the series in. So in that respect she's closer to the plateau her sister already reached.
Isn't the end series Motoko writing trashy romance novels
Old 2007-01-04, 18:26   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Response to Xellos spoiled since totally off-topic:
Spoiler:

Any other thoughts on the subject should be PM'd ---
Oh, and I fail at budget management... I'm keeping both Fates, so I'm only going to ebay-punt the "bland Nanoha" model.
Old 2007-01-04, 18:33   Link #100
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I thought the "bland Nanoha" beared the closest resemblance to the character, and she was really cute too. I actually thought I'd get that instead, but chose the GoodSmile one, which hasn't shipped yet (damn).