AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-26, 21:00   Link #2741
ellifeedn
Thinker

I heard about this series from a friend and I just wanted to know if it's a good series.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 21:09   Link #2742
ta2666

Yes it is......
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 04:08   Link #2743
Breimoon

beware, it is even better of Game of thrones to kill off characters, so if you get emotionally attached easily i wouldnt suggest it to you
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 08:40   Link #2744
ellifeedn
Thinker

Also, is it monthly releases?
Old 2013-10-27, 09:03   Link #2745
NeutralZero

yes...
release on a monthly basis...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 09:37   Link #2746
ellifeedn
Thinker

I finished reading through the series. I think I'll stick around to see the ultimate conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
As a quick reminder.

Manga author of "Akame ga Kiru" = Takahiro

Takahiro is the author of many VNs, most notable: Tsuyokisu, KimiAru, Majikoi, Shakudou Road. ALL of these shows are centered around powerful and usually violent girls who fall for and are tamed by the main character. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
What's your source for this, if I may ask?
Old 2013-10-27, 10:08   Link #2747
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
Loves makes you do crazy things
Love is both a blessing and a curse.

Love is both something that can make us the most happy person in the world or the most depressed.

Love is what can make us overcome everything or destroy us.

So yeah.....the poor Mein is pretty much dead. I can see, if she try something crazy to save Tatsumi and the other will cost of her life. I really hope I'm wrong here. I really start to like her more and more.

ellifeedn@But Mentar is a Esdes fanboy

He always said thing like that, like he is the author and dismiss what the manga show us.

Esdese is not only strong and violent she is a monster she enjoy doing what she does she even admit that to Tatsumi himself.

While the author can go down that route, I still think would be the worse thing ever and a destruction of the characters.

But as far I know he is the same author of those VN.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-10-27 at 10:26.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 10:19   Link #2748
ellifeedn
Thinker

I meant what was his source for the author's work?
Old 2013-10-27, 16:34   Link #2749
Seitsuki
Onee!

I am vehemently against this blatant male power fantasy of 'breaking down' strong girls. How weak, insecure and misogynistic do you have to be to get off on that? Are we still buried in the Middle ages 'powerful independent women are an affront to the natural order of things' mentality?
Old 2013-10-27, 16:36   Link #2750
OverSeer
Inactive Member

you just took it somewhere entirely different lol
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 16:39   Link #2751
Seitsuki
Onee!

Whatever, Esdese best girl. That's all I do in this thread anyway.
Old 2013-10-27, 17:09   Link #2752
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What's your source for this, if I may ask?
It's pretty common knowledge. 10 seconds of googling yield many hits, e.g. this one:

http://akamegakill.wikia.com/wiki/Takahiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I am vehemently against this blatant male power fantasy of 'breaking down' strong girls. How weak, insecure and misogynistic do you have to be to get off on that? Are we still buried in the Middle ages 'powerful independent women are an affront to the natural order of things' mentality?
I didn't write "breaking down", I used "taming". Which is probably not the best choice, because Takahiro's heroines generally don't lose their spine or power, but they develop a softer, kinder spot for the male lead.

I do know a couple of "Esdese haters" who would love to see Tatsumi "break down" Esdese, preferably by violent means. Maa, whatever. Not going to happen, I'm pretty sure about that.

Soji: Well, so far, the story progression has generally been along my predictions. Because they've been in line with Takahiro's earlier works. But hey, more power to you.

Last edited by Mentar; 2013-10-27 at 17:16. Reason: (removed an unnecessary provocation)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 17:25   Link #2753
Soji

In all honestly I have nothing againts "Powerful independet woman", hell I even like them.

But I do have problems with character like Esdese, especially when she admit that she enjoy torture and kill just for her pleasure.
And not matter how you look at it, this was the meaning behind her words and actions.

Also why all people always seem to forget her talk with Tatsumi on the Island? I think her answers to Tatsumi questions really make this clear.

Spoiler for pag 18, ch 2, vol 6:

Spoiler for pag 19, ch 27, vol 6:

Spoiler for pag 29, ch 27, vol 6:

Spoiler for pag 30, ch 27, vol 6:

Seriously , what more people need than what is wrote in these pag?

And if her words are no enough, Tatsumi himself explain the whole thing with his own thought.

Mentar@ I would have nothing againts the pair or what you said if she was only a strong girl that do what she want(with a limit).
But I can't acept something like that and Tatsumi word in the pag that i just post explain my POV pretty well. And if him with her would not go against his character.

Then again, is the author choice, in the end and I really hope he know what he doing.
Old 2013-10-27, 17:39   Link #2754
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Seriously , what more people need than what is wrote in these pag?

And if her words are no enough, Tatsumi himself explain the whole thing with his own thought.
Gee, you mean that this would require the story for two main protagonists to alter their views? Now that would be totally unheard of

What we do know is that their _confrontational_ approach has only led to countless and utterly pointless deaths. For no progress whatsoever. None. Nüscht. Zilch. Nada. Notting.

Quote:
Mentar@ I would have nothing againts the pair or what you said if she was only a strong girl that do what she want(with a limit).
But I can't acept something like that and Tatsumi word in the pag that i just post explain my POV pretty well. And if him with her would not go against his character.
Soji, characters are not mountain ranges, they have the potential to change. If they do not, then what is the point of all this butchery? Night Raid eventually defeats Esdese, kills the PM, and a new age dawns? Is that your idea of a story?

Quote:
Then again, is the author choice, in the end and I really hope he know what he doing.
I think he does, though I've got to admit that I was beginning to disconnect when he tossed more and more throwaway characters into the pointless cruel meatgrinder. But it seems that _finally_ exactly the scene that I've been predicting and waiting for has arrived: Tatsumi and Esdese reunited in a battle, Esdese victorious without killing him, and soon Esdese receiving a huge shock on finding out that the love of her life has been fighting and trying to kill her.

Things will go from there.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 18:14   Link #2755
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder if she still thinks she can train him.
Old 2013-10-27, 19:52   Link #2756
ta2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Gee, you mean that this would require the story for two main protagonists to alter their views? Now that would be totally unheard of
That would be change the fundamentals of her charecter and well serial killers don't change.
Old 2013-10-27, 20:01   Link #2757
Soji

Mentar@I know that character view and personality can change during the story. Like I know that thing like the one you said can happen.

I play Shadow Hearst and Shadow hearts 2 that make me change opinion about the final boss of the first game, so I know that thing like this happen.

But the way that the author do thing in Akame ga kill, the way Tatsumi and Esdese are.......I can't see what you say happening.

Of course the author can totally prove me wrong, but more chapter are out, more thing happen and more I think that something like that is impossible.

Also Esdese is not the key to solve the situations I already show that she enjoy what she do and I not think that "love" can change her in this.

Even if for some miracle she do change side , the only thing that would change are the chance for NR(and even then there will be drama ) would only go up.

In all honestly even if Nr will kill the PM I doubt that we will see a happy ending here.
I get the feeling that they only go from a hell to another.

Also you forget that Tatsumi had to accept what she did until now with the knowledge of the true reason on why she did all this.
No matter how I look at it, with the way the character are even with change on both side I can't see this working.

I can't see Tatsumi forgive her even if she change, especially after the last ch and I'm pretty sure she will do something else that will make the whole thing even more impossible.

But then again, this is my opinion and like you said we need to see where the author will go from here on out.

Next ch will probably give us a good idea on what the author planning.

ta2666@ No only her but Tatsumi as well just to accept her after everything that has happened.
Old 2013-10-27, 20:44   Link #2758
ta2666

^you are correct
Old 2013-10-27, 22:05   Link #2759
OverSeer
Inactive Member

It seems obivious to me that both Tatsumi and Esdese have sexually reprsed desires for each other and they are expressing it as anger. They just need to get a room and fuck and all will be well
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 23:34   Link #2760
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
It seems obivious to me that both Tatsumi and Esdese have sexually reprsed desires for each other and they are expressing it as anger. They just need to get a room and fuck and all will be well
And you think they didn't already before? Nothing happened, btw.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!