AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-10-03, 08:06   Link #1181
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That is pretty ridiculous news. Maybe that's why there was all the free character DLC if you bought the game early. So that people would have already bought it before figuring this fact out.

It's bad enough that they actually did this, but also staying quiet on that is pretty low. I don't hate the voice cast for P4 (although you have the qualify that statement with the amount of times they've recasted these characters), but this is still pretty low.
Eh, it's Atlus. I don't expect dual audio in any Western release of theirs. First P4U was an outlier.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 08:24   Link #1182
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Eh, it's Atlus. I don't expect dual audio in any Western release of theirs. First P4U was an outlier.
I think I've read somewhere over Dustloop that the JP Audio for the story mode is actually in the disc, that it's just a locked content. Knowing this makes me even more angrier

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 08:39   Link #1183
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
If they didn't have it for the original game I probably wouldn't care. But once you create a standard for the Arena games, it's something annoying to suddenly cut out. Especially since that seems to be the only voice cast that has any consistency. How many P4 characters haven't gotten their English voices recasted from the original P4?
Old 2014-10-03, 14:15   Link #1184
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I think I've read somewhere over Dustloop that the JP Audio for the story mode is actually in the disc, that it's just a locked content. Knowing this makes me even more angrier
I sense Square Enix style DLC to unlock it in the future...
Old 2014-10-03, 22:53   Link #1185
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So... after going through some of the english gameplay already... it seems that alot of the english casts has actually been replaced...

- Matthew Mercer replaces Troy Baker as Kanji, from what I've heard this is union thing
Yeah, I've heard the same. Originally I was under the impression that he didn't reprise Kanji because he was on his honeymoon, but now it appears that since he's such a big-name in the VA industry and is union that he's cutting down on his anime roles. Matthew Mercer has also replaced him as Yamato in Naruto Shippuden. Not to disparage Matthew Mercer in any way, because I think he's plenty talented and can do a fine Kanji, but it is disappointing Troy had to leave the role
Quote:
- Valerie Arem replaces Erin Fitzgerald and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Naoto
She was also apparently Arena and Golden's voice director. Well, at least we finally have a name and face to Naoto's game VA .

Though I wonder if they'll keep Mary Elizabeth McGlynn for the Golden Animation to at least maintain consistency with the anime's?
Quote:
- Marisha Ray replaces Michelle Ann Dunphy as Margaret, apparantly due to family related things on Dunphy's end
Huh. Well, I wish Ms. Dunphy and her family the best on whatever it is they're dealing with. As for Marisha Ray, the most I can find with her in it is a fan-series starring her as Batgirl (Stephanie Brown to be exact) and a "Not a Working Girl" video on youtube. She's... easy on the eyes to say the least .
Quote:
- Vic Mignogna replaces Dan Woren as Igor
Still as weird as when I first heard about it .

Quote:
From various Tweets and such, apparantly all these changes will continue from Persona Q onward...
And probably for the Golden Animation as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
If they didn't have it for the original game I probably wouldn't care. But once you create a standard for the Arena games, it's something annoying to suddenly cut out. Especially since that seems to be the only voice cast that has any consistency. How many P4 characters haven't gotten their English voices recasted from the original P4?
Yu, Adachi, Yosuke, Yukiko, Rise, Dojima, and Nanako, off the top of my head .
Old 2014-10-03, 22:57   Link #1186
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I didn't know that, and assumed it was the same as previous version. Got the game and now I'm angry.

I know if they release a DLC for it, I'll buy it, but man.
Old 2014-10-04, 02:25   Link #1187
Zoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I didn't know that, and assumed it was the same as previous version. Got the game and now I'm angry.

I know if they release a DLC for it, I'll buy it, but man.
I think they did that to prevent Japanese players from importing the US version due to the lower prices. I mean the original P4A they region lock it, but this time they didn't due the insane amount of backlash they have with the original P4A on the region locking fiasco.

One thing for sure is, if you play the Japanese version, you get dual audio just no english text. Man if I knew the English version had only one audio I would have imported the Japanese version on launch instead of waiting a month for the US version.
Old 2014-10-04, 02:32   Link #1188
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoel View Post
I think they did that to prevent Japanese players from importing the US version due to the lower prices. I mean the original P4A they region lock it, but this time they didn't due the insane amount of backlash they have with the original P4A on the region locking fiasco.
That is probably not the reason for that, the text could be the reason for that, but voice?
The biggest reason that I can think of is that the 360 version didn't have enough space for it since the Japanese PSN store size is 12.6 GB (but at the same time, the 360 version have cut content) or Atlus didn't want the Japanese audio and removed it.

it wouldn't surprise me if the reason for the battle voices can be in Japanese is so that the online mode doesn't break and they would have removed that as well if they could.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 06:15   Link #1189
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
That is probably not the reason for that, the text could be the reason for that, but voice?
The biggest reason that I can think of is that the 360 version didn't have enough space for it since the Japanese PSN store size is 12.6 GB (but at the same time, the 360 version have cut content) or Atlus didn't want the Japanese audio and removed it.

it wouldn't surprise me if the reason for the battle voices can be in Japanese is so that the online mode doesn't break and they would have removed that as well if they could.
It's to prevent reverse imports into Japan due to the higher prices in Japan. It's always been this way with Atlus releases and the only outlier was the original Arena game where they managed to release the ONLY GAME ON THE PS3 WITH REGION LOCK (just highlighting this due to the 6 MONTH DELAY IN THE EUROPEAN RELEASE).

I was hoping that Sega would have made these kind of decisions go away but I should have known better. Sega might have dual audio in their last releases but those were years ago and they have still to release Valkyria Chronicles 3.
Old 2014-10-07, 00:59   Link #1190
steam fish

was there any mention of the p3 protag in this game?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 01:24   Link #1191
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
was there any mention of the p3 protag in this game?
Minor references and you can choose him as your avatar in lobbies if you pay real money but otherwise does not even make an appearance.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 19:18   Link #1192
Miraluka
Banned

This made my day to be not so grimdark

Quote:
And remember: "WE OWN YOU~!"
I can't stop laughing
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 22:21   Link #1193
anime fan99

I just bought the game and currently playing the P4A Story" DLC I played it first because i did not play the first game so far i cleared yosuke and yukiko and lebrys and yu but yosuke and yukiko and lebrys clear is Red and yu clear is yellow why so
Old 2015-04-21, 23:59   Link #1194
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That indicates whether you've 100% cleared their story line or not. Alternate endings only come in true ending or joke ending and not all characters have joke ending. Then there's also the alternative dialogue choices which don't affect the subsequent events but still have an effect on completion rating. Yu's choices will affect the final true ending though.

Tags
fighting game, ps3