AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 02:43   Link #7901
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
oh well, the sign was there. but I really dissapointed AK threw away all the flags. Is it got axe or AK got bore we could only guess.
The main problem I have is that he said so many times that Magic World arc wasn't the last one. Well now it looks like it was which is very frustrating. I don't think it got the axe, it sold about a million copies last year.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 02:55   Link #7902
Merctrin
Immi

...Is it April first by any chance?
Merctrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 03:00   Link #7903
AlaAlba

that is from 2/8 issue I think. so the breaks are 2/15 and 2/22.
the last 3 chapters would be 2/29, 3/7, and 3/14. though maybe AK will take a break again in between so we still don't know the exact date for last chapter.

the last chapter will be chapter 355 then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah... I just saw that.

That makes me think the Asuna hiberating thing was actually a last minute change to end the manga sooner.
I really agree with you on that. and with this 100 years thing, he can skip 100 years and not have a harem ending, cause all the girls would be dead by then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The main problem I have is that he said so many times that Magic World arc wasn't the last one.
ah you got that wrong there lol. the magic world arc is not the last arc. the random-useles-sport-festival arc is the last one.

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2012-02-03 at 03:20.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 03:28   Link #7904
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
At first I didn't believe it, no scan of it and it's in english so I don't believe it

but I searched around a bit and actually it's real
Spoiler for end:
"A really long time, 100 years, there's no way we gonna put it in vain. Negima until the end it's 3 chapters" it says
lol, from that sentence only it looks like KA will jump again 100 years in just 3 chapters

oh well, the sign was there. but I really dissapointed AK threw away all the flags. Is it got axe or AK got bored we could only guess. My guess is he got bored?
Is that from the newest chapter?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 03:29   Link #7905
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightl View Post
.... There is no way all questions left can be answered in three chapters. Unless there will be a sequel to Negima set after the timeskip, this ending is going to be... weird, choppy and awkward.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 03:30   Link #7906
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
.... There is no way all questions left can be answered in three chapters. Unless there will be a sequel to Negima set after the timeskip, this ending is going to be... weird, choppy and awkward.
1 chapter about confession on whom Negi really likes, 1 chapter about Nagi + Arika and 1 chapter about Asuna's reunion with Negi?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 04:54   Link #7907
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Is that from the newest chapter?
it's from chapter 352 which will be out on 2/8.

well that make it 4 chapters with next week's.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 05:23   Link #7908
Motor Bug2005

IMO with this breaking news, unless Akamatsu-sensei by some miracle manages to bring Asuna back into the story before the end (not likely since that would make the build up to her sealing look meaningless and contrived but not impossible), he makes Negi remain celibate for 100 years (might happen but puberty will make it hard for him to resist temptation should he ever go through puberty) or he does a 100 year timeskip (not likely), I can say that this development pretty much makes the NegixAsuna pairing seem more unlikely than ever therefore validating Sakurako's comment in Chapter 346.
Motor Bug2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 05:33   Link #7909
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

yeah i pretty sure they will be sequel (since negima technically shonene show so no surprise there )

i am predicting it will be 100 year time skip (or something like that) which when Chao live and space elevator been built

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 05:50   Link #7910
osorito

I wonder if in japan the readers are writing to KA asking him to please continue the manga. Hope it doesn't end so soon, I really liked it so far.
osorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 06:53   Link #7911
zibi88

maybe its like 3chapters till the final arc ?

since we still dont know about nagi... not mention Arika where the hell is she...the gravemaster identity...

so no deamon world (venus) arc.

seriously its WAY WAY WAY WAY too rushed.... it was wasted at lesat 10chapters for the sport festival that brought nothing in it... and now just end the manga with just 3chapeters is just bad writing... fans will be pissed to heavens if this happens...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 11:35   Link #7912
azziz

if ka is tired(health issue,getting old...),he can stop the manga for two years,and after plenty of rest,continue the story where it left of.
trying to conlude it in only three chapt. is a dire mistake.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 11:45   Link #7913
Lisemer

Wait... WHAT???

Isn't supposed Negi would end with a girl we'll don't expect?
Because if it's really happens a timeskip, this is almost 100% sure Asuna ending...
Maybe Negima got axed? Or why would Akamatsu rush the ending that way?
Sorry, my mind just got blown...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 11:54   Link #7914
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm frankly more worried about all the other plot related points instead of Negi's "final" relationship or the other 3-A girls stories.
Right now, there are still way too much things to consider: Nagi/Mage of the Beginning (Istanbul anyone?), Arika, Senate's actual agenda and reasons why they want Negi, Demons' clan (Hermann especially), conclusion for Eva's curse, Negi's childhood from his birth to his mage apprenticeship (thus before being entrusted to Nekane & co), Chao's fate, Negi's 9th spell, Albireo's status, Master of the Grave, etc.

Honestly, if Akamatsu doesn't even bother expanding these points (sequel, prequel, material book, whatever the means), it will just be beyond rushed: it will be plain incomplete from a simple plot perspective. And then, we have the insult to the injury: shafter characters.
Old 2012-02-03, 11:56   Link #7915
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
if ka is tired(health issue,getting old...),he can stop the manga for two years,and after plenty of rest,continue the story where it left of.
trying to conlude it in only three chapt. is a dire mistake.
Depends on the kind of conclusion here. It could be that given the demands for Negima, AK needs to do something this dramatic to get the break needed for the next part of the story.

In a sense, Negima is a victim of its success.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 12:09   Link #7916
Lisemer

So... it will become anoher School Rumble WTF-ending?
Please Akamatsu sensei, don' do that.
What will happen next?
Hayate will end soon after its hiatus too because it became more serious Hata expected?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:04   Link #7917
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

My opinions on this:

1. I'm definitely siding with those people who feel that Negima is going to suffer the same problem that School Rumble suffered when the original manga ended, especially given all the storylines that got skipped over and condensed to just comments in Negi's copy of the class roster.

2. As of right now, we don't know the direction that Negima will go in the next three chapters. Hence, I can see maybe the next two focusing on resolving the "who does Negi love" question (I really want it to be Nodoka, especially given how little screen time she had after the Magic World arc) and his confrontation with the LM, with the finale being set in the future. However, if Ken actually does skip 100 years into the future in chapter 353, then probably expect a number of fans wanting to go all "Misery" on Ken Akamatsu.
Old 2012-02-03, 13:15   Link #7918
Motor Bug2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Hence, I can see maybe the next two focusing on resolving the "who does Negi love" question (I really want it to be Nodoka, especially given how little screen time she had after the Magic World arc).
You're not alone in wanting this to happen.
Motor Bug2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:21   Link #7919
Kuze

Not gonna beat around the bush - I haven't cared at all about Negima for a long time because [tl;dr blah blah blah removed] and I found that it just didn't anything for me.

That said, I have no idea what's going on or who's doing what and I'm not gonna find out either, nor will I bother reading any more Negima, but I can't help but think this is a pretty bad way to switch and cut to end, even with the limited information on the link.

But I guess I could've said the same thing about the movie, along with a bunch of reviewers.

So I guess it's just par for the course, can't expect the world for it.

Adios Negima.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 15:22   Link #7920
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

my prediction for 3 next chapter anyway
  1. Negi and 3-A girls make some graduation party.... then suddenly Lifemaker (or Chao Linshen or something powerful) appear!
  2. battle between Negi and co vs final boss
  3. Negi and co is defeated. Final Boss the talk about stuff( what happens on the future, why they need to get stronger). then some hint of what happens on time skip like going to mars or some practicing

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy