AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - Genesis Testament Volume 3 Rating
Perfect 10 2 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 30.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-10-09, 14:17   Link #1
LKK

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament Volume 3 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru... Index [LN/M], Genesis Testament Volume 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Genesis Testament Volume 3) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Souyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index 3
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka
Release Date: November 10, 2020
Pages: 504
ISBN 978-4-04-913500-8

TL;DR…
synopsis
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
cover image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2020-11-03 at 10:46. Reason: changed to better description
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-09, 16:30   Link #2
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

504 pages. So it's going to be about 30% longer than the previous releases.
Old 2020-10-09, 23:33   Link #3
tsunade666

that's long and the summary is interesting.
Old 2020-10-10, 00:27   Link #4
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Oh, I think I can already see it.
Accel has a zero tolerance policy, so there is no room for Hamazura anywhere in the city anymore.
But Anna still has an apology to make for Madame Horos's misdeeds, and thus she does so by bailing out the couple away from the city.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 04:18   Link #5
tsunade666

i just wish for parameter list to seriously takes important play in the story.
Old 2020-10-10, 05:50   Link #6
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Just as Mikoto and Misaki become the default duo, Kuroko gets the spotlight, and as expected, it's Shiage's turn. Time to protect your girlfriend again, dude.

I guess the lenght is needed since we'll be dealing with a paradigm shift in AC, so of course you want to go deep into it.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 05:54   Link #7
Tenzen12

Maybe Shiage girlfriend actually protect him instead. Remember she has level 5 potential and stuff.

...Sorry I will try come with better joke next time.
Old 2020-10-10, 07:24   Link #8
Requiem-x
The slacking one

It would be a better joke if there wasn't a chance of it actually happening.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 08:21   Link #9
Tenzen12

Are you saying there is?
Old 2020-10-10, 08:26   Link #10
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

She did before by turning Beetle against Kakine before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Accel has a zero tolerance policy, so there is no room for Hamazura anywhere in the city anymore.
But Anna still has an apology to make for Madame Horos's misdeeds, and thus she does so by bailing out the couple away from the city.
IMO Accelerator is throwing off his enemies by using Hamazura's MO for his benefit as he already pointed out back then in NT21, this way he can weed out those who oppose him but remain hidden, basics from Sun Tzu.
Old 2020-10-10, 09:51   Link #11
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Are you saying there is?
At least, if Kuroko come after them with teleportation , Rikou can predict/pinpoint Kuroko's movement and might even able to interrupt or mess with teleportation somehow. Hamazura can use that tiny opening do something. But since it actually involve Judgement, there is a chance that Uiharu will support Kuroko on the hunt too. It will be interesting how thing play out.

Anyway, I think they will stop fighting at one point, and go to have a tea in Judgement office to talk.

Hamazura can ask Uiharu to recover data from damaged Parameter List chip while they are at it.
Old 2020-10-10, 11:35   Link #12
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Didn't Hamazura already cut a deal with Accel? He wouldn't have come back to the city from London otherwise.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-11, 05:41   Link #13
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Come to think of it, couldn't any fugitives of AC whether back when Aleister was in charge or now just waltz out easily assuming they don't get killed first since the place is contiguous with Greater Tokyo? Was it even mentioned before what actual border controls OUT does the city have? they seem focused mainly on keeping away external threats than imprisoning people in the city

Although I guess Archetype Controller is as good a prison warden as any....
Old 2020-10-12, 01:17   Link #14
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Come to think of it, couldn't any fugitives of AC whether back when Aleister was in charge or now just waltz out easily assuming they don't get killed first since the place is contiguous with Greater Tokyo? Was it even mentioned before what actual border controls OUT does the city have? they seem focused mainly on keeping away external threats than imprisoning people in the city
The series mentions many times how difficult it is for espers to be allowed outside, so the border should be strictly managed. And there is a unit they use to catch runners as well.

Quote:
Although I guess Archetype Controller is as good a prison warden as any....
This is an good point. We've already seen the effect the lack of Archetype Controller has had on Mikoto and Index, I'd be interested to see if maybe we'll see more people agititating to leave the place now.

Old 2020-10-12, 17:42   Link #15
faiz blaster

I am more interested in how this will fit in the timeline. Since Christmas was mentioned, it should be roughly at the same time as the chaos caused by Anna. But given that no foreshadowing was made during Hazamura's brief cameo in Vol 2, I will wait for the other shoe to drop before making any definite statemants.
Old 2020-10-14, 15:37   Link #16
Twi

I think he's having Hamazura and ITEM arrested for their own sakes. Remember, he's turning himself in for the crimes he's committed with the intention of staying inside so that all the hate will be focused on him as someone who willingly committed the acts he did. He knows he's looking at a life sentence a 1000x over.

But Hamazura and the others who were students of AC could he been stated to have been coerced into it and entered into the Dark Side unwillingly. Their testimonies would essentially nail every adult who was connected to the Dark Side while they could in theory be given a pass or at least leniency. More to the point, while they are locked up they can't be co-op'ed by someone who wants to gather all the remaining Dark Side forces to launch an attack against him or forced to do anything else scummy.

There's also the fact that once they clean house, the Parameter List could come into place. Remember, Level 0s only exist because they have the means of determining who will have decent powers and the giving them more dedication and resources. Without the focus on the Dark Side, they can basically make sure every Esper gets their development to the point they can make actual progress. That being said, the secrets of the Dark Side coming out will likely be met with a ton of parents demanding their children be returned to them because... well, look at this mess.

How do you think Mikoto's parents are going to feel about their daughter being cloned 20003 times over and half of them brutally murdered?

Last edited by Twi; 2020-10-14 at 15:52.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-16, 10:47   Link #17
stray
Classic Yandere

If Hamazura skips town does that mean he's retiring as a protagonist? Hmm.

I wonder if we'll see Awaki or some others from the dark side we haven't seen in a long time.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-16, 12:08   Link #18
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
If Hamazura skips town does that mean he's retiring as a protagonist? Hmm.

I wonder if we'll see Awaki or some others from the dark side we haven't seen in a long time.
Hamazura could have stayed away after going to England, so I'm not sure the author would bring him back only to immediately make him leave again.

Old 2020-10-16, 14:09   Link #19
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Hamazura could have stayed away after going to England, so I'm not sure the author would bring him back only to immediately make him leave again.
Hamazura was only in the UK because of Aleis-tan and if he were to leave AC for good the rest of ITEM and Fremea would really need (like a volume) to be addressed. Takitsubo's skill is relatively worthless outside of AC but I doubt #4 and #2 are going anywhere. Also, nobody really knew what Accelerator was thinking in 22 Reverse.

I don't really know what to expect but if he's on the run I'm not sure what Hamazura could really add (and I doubt he's getting a manga) so if his role in the story is diminished indefinitely it would make sense to give him a sunset to ride into instead.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-16, 23:34   Link #20
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

He has the parameter list.
Rikou is meant to be a walking AC.
His existence is like a bug in the system for anyone who comes near him so no, he's not going away at this point .