AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2010-11-04, 21:22   Link #281
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out, as I only had the Kanji to go by in the Chinese version ^^;

Though is there anything else about that staff/rod you can find? For example, it's powers and such.
Also, that rod made its 1st appearance at the end of Vol10, when Aleister looked at it and said he might have to step onto the battlefield himself after the Croce di Pietro plot by Lidvia was stopped.
I found this:

Quote:
One of the few true ritual accoutrements that he kept was a "blasting rod," a highly charged magical wand that he mounted in a wooden handle painted or carved with various power words. Bennett was also dedicated to finding some means of communication with the astral world, and, exploiting his latent scientific bent, experimented with machinery towards achieving this end.
It apparently paralyzed a person for fourteen hours as well. *Edit* Found a quote from The Confessions of Aleister Crowly:

Quote:
Having now rejected Catholicism, he took up Magick and at once attained extraordinary success. He used to carry a "lustre" --- a long glass prism with a neck and a pointed knob such as adorned old-fashioned chandeliers. He used this as a wand. One day, a party of theosophists were chatting sceptically about the power of the "blasting rod". Allan promptly produced his and blasted one of them. It took fourteen hours to restore the incredulous individual to the use of his mind and his muscles.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 00:52   Link #282
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Beyond the Tree of Sephirot and the mathemathics of this existence....

What then is Aleister now? In Nirvana being La Persona Superiore a Dio? Virtually that powerful already and still he and Aiwass seem intent on playing with each other...
Old 2010-11-05, 03:44   Link #283
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Makes sense... Aleister is just a dad wanting to claim his daughter. And make sure no one tries to kidnap her again, he's going to destroy all of magic world or at least make attacking them a sin.

Suddenly, what Aiwass said about Aleister and Accel has context. Now for Touma and Shiage...
what if Laura and Vassila used to both be part of aleister's harem

i mean in real life Aleister had sexual relationships with various women, sooo....
Old 2010-11-05, 04:39   Link #284
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
what if Laura and Vassila used to both be part of aleister's harem

i mean in real life Aleister had sexual relationships with various men and women, sooo....
Fixed that for you.
Old 2010-11-05, 06:09   Link #285
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Fixed that for you.
Makes me wonder... If Aleister and Aogami had a child...

OH NOES!!

*blasted by blasting rod!*

EDIT: Anyone notice that this thread is for discussing "tehnology"?
Old 2010-11-05, 15:35   Link #286
Inept Forum User

Question An Esper-related question

How much is known so far about what an 'awakening' is and it's required conditions?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 18:58   Link #287
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Alot of speculations but from what is generally accepted, it relies on the Esper to reach a certain state of mind or to attain a certain revelation.

...And you would probably need to master quantum mechanics like the back of your hand
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 02:02   Link #288
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Makes me wonder... If Aleister and Aogami had a child...

OH NOES!!

*blasted by blasting rod!*

EDIT: Anyone notice that this thread is for discussing "tehnology"?
Actually.....not until you mentioned it...
Old 2010-11-18, 22:01   Link #289
MegamiMiko

So what are the current theories about "Son of God" given Aleister's claims? Was he really what the Christian factions say he was, and was it his intention to bring about the Aeon of Osiris?
MegamiMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 09:20   Link #290
tsunade666

huh? I don't understand your question...... but if your talking about the aeons, no one brings the aeon of Osiris. It's the human who creates it.
Old 2010-11-19, 13:27   Link #291
MegamiMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
huh? I don't understand your question...... but if your talking about the aeons, no one brings the aeon of Osiris. It's the human who creates it.
I'm saying that since the Aeon of Osiris basically corresponds to the time when Christianity and their magical theories are dominant in To Aru that means it would have started with the teachings of Son of God, the same way the new age started with the theories of Aleister and Aiwass giving him the Book of the Law. Like he says here...
Quote:
My theories are things which along with the Book of the Law’s completion brought an end to the era of Christianity’s magical methods.
What I'm asking is was this Son of God's intention? Was he really a divine being? Was he just revealing as much as humanity was ready to know at the time? Where does he fit into the scheme of things in the To Aru universe?
MegamiMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 13:50   Link #292
tsunade666

I don't know. There are no wrong teachings from the son of god. It's how we interpret them.

The age of Christianity or Aeon of Osiris comes forth when the times christianity start to spread. For me the Teachings of god is not wrong. It's how it's been passed on and translated to future generations. The twisted priest use it the wrong way when they start conquering all for the sake of spreading chirstianity. That time brought down lots of death and sacrifice which signifies what Aoen of Osiris is. Up till now that's way of doing things might not be known to the public but still goes on.
Old 2010-11-19, 15:06   Link #293
Miraluka
Banned

The Chrisitianism didn't started with Son of God but with his 12 apostles after his death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamiMiko View Post
What I'm asking is was this Son of God's intention? Was he really a divine being? Was he just revealing as much as humanity was ready to know at the time? Where does he fit into the scheme of things in the To Aru universe?
My guess is: The 12 apostles feared a world going into corruption once again and forbid things such as cleansing the body through unknown methods rather than waiting the Judgment of the Final Day (Vol. 4), and the same time preventing people to try to reach a state equal to God or higher than him, a blaspheme for them, if their teachings are on the Aeon of Osiris, the reason probably was they set their teachings in order to make whoever who tries becoming a godlike existence to fail coughFiammacough.

Aleister discovered this and started the Thelema Cult, breaking with the 12 apostles teachings, and guess what?
Aleister is currently spreading corruption and darkness in order to achieve the Absolute Power.
BUT, still I'm noticing that although Aleister reached the Aeon of Horus, his power is not absolute.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 16:28   Link #294
tsunade666

Christianity was started by the son of god. But the roman catholic christianity was started when st. peter I think died. Declaring to be the first pope.

Well Aleister has his limits and he still can't create anything from nothing and so be it just by word.
Old 2010-11-19, 22:39   Link #295
Flere821
Lurker

^ Yes, The Roman Catholic branch of Christianity in ToAruVerse is started by the death of St. Peter (or Pietro). This is how the artefact 'Croce di Pietro' came to be.

And as for the whole 'Son of God' thing... his teachings got distorted by people when they broght politics into religion (according to Index, stated in Vol1) and multiple branches of Christianity is formed. Simply put, people damn themselves through their own actions.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 00:40   Link #296
tsunade666

where the GOD didn't do anything wrong. it's the people who did something wrong.

Thus the birth of aeons with different ages on how the interpretation of gods and there works was brought forth.
Old 2010-11-20, 02:15   Link #297
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The Chrisitianism didn't started with Son of God but with his 12 apostles after his death.

My guess is: The 12 apostles feared a world going into corruption once again and forbid things such as cleansing the body through unknown methods rather than waiting the Judgment of the Final Day (Vol. 4), and the same time preventing people to try to reach a state equal to God or higher than him, a blaspheme for them, if their teachings are on the Aeon of Osiris, the reason probably was they set their teachings in order to make whoever who tries becoming a godlike existence to fail coughFiammacough.

Aleister discovered this and started the Thelema Cult, breaking with the 12 apostles teachings, and guess what?
Aleister is currently spreading corruption and darkness in order to achieve the Absolute Power.
BUT, still I'm noticing that although Aleister reached the Aeon of Horus, his power is not absolute.
Because Crowley is not entirely following the teachings of God, Aiwass, Horus etc....

If the AIM way really involves liberation of the human soul, then Crowley's methods still bring death and suffering; something that hampers him just like it did the Christian churches
Old 2010-11-21, 03:13   Link #298
reaper with no name

So, I was watching episode 14 again, and something occurred to me.

The first plasma shot Accelerator threw at Touma was still mostly gas (which was why he spent longer charging up the next one), but the fact remains that there was still plasma in there, and Touma was hit by it.

Seeing as how the plasma itself is just an object (like the girders), Touma should not be able to negate it (and if he could, why would he get hurt by it to begin with?). So then, shouldn't he have been badly burned (to the point of skin melting) by the plasma?

I am aware that there are cool plasmas out there, but could a plasma formed through compression and friction ever be cool enough to only cause, say, first or second degree burns, as opposed to third degree burns or outright vaporization?
reaper with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 03:25   Link #299
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
So, I was watching episode 14 again, and something occurred to me.

The first plasma shot Accelerator threw at Touma was still mostly gas (which was why he spent longer charging up the next one), but the fact remains that there was still plasma in there, and Touma was hit by it.

Seeing as how the plasma itself is just an object (like the girders), Touma should not be able to negate it (and if he could, why would he get hurt by it to begin with?). So then, shouldn't he have been badly burned (to the point of skin melting) by the plasma?

I am aware that there are cool plasmas out there, but could a plasma formed through compression and friction ever be cool enough to only cause, say, first or second degree burns, as opposed to third degree burns or outright vaporization?
Touma's Imagine Breaker works like that.

If a power is in any form whatsoever sustained by magic or ESP, Imagine Breaker also seemingly cancels the adverse effect from said powers. Which is why he suffers no noticeable burns from even being in close proximity of Stiyl's power.

Tl;dr, As long as it's not specifically stated that there after-effects of a power would become a natural phenomenon after the power is used to manipulate nature/physical laws, Touma's Imagine Breaker would cancel the relative effects of said power too, be it residual heat or friction.

So, another flame magic/esp power may hurt Touma as long as his power fits the condition of it being 'normal fire' after ignition, but a different flame user may not hurt Touma at all if the power is literally 'esp fire' or 'magic fire.'

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 03:45   Link #300
tsunade666

No, the plasma fire of Accelerator should have at least burn him if it's a direct attack. Other form of attack might be cancel but accelerator or rather the past accelerator. Has only aim field from skin touch. The compress plasma is just send out in a direction and that's it. Accelerator after the fire, the plasma should act on it anymore after sending it on that direction. Like a water in a hose when you increase the pressure on one direction. It would burst on where you point the hose.

Like an explosion. That's why it's in scattered and fire from different direction. Touma just barely evade it. And in the anime he probably didn't receive or rather shown the damage. But the index manga shown how badly touma is. His clearly in death bed in the fight with Accelerator.

Touma's Imagine Breaker can clearly protect him from after effects of super natural phenomenon. So burns, cuts or be it a other dimension attack. Imagine breaker would act on it.

But if you use a physical matter that's not created by your power. It could hurt you. Just like Accelerators attack using metal and debris from earth. It pierce through Touma's skin. But Mikoto's railgun which has a direct application of her electricity acting on it. It's nothing. Even a dimension rift created by a teleporter is nothing to be feared up.

Tags
hard science