Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-04, 04:47   Link #61
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
(On a side note, I personally always felt that Nami was more of a vice-captain than Zoro due to her usually being the one the crew consults with whenever they go sailing to the next island (not just in terms of navigation but also stuff like money and daily necessities), but that's just me).
It's true, I've also thought about that. Of course, Zoro was always the first one to substitute Luffy when the captain was out and strength or guts were needed (which is natural, because he is the second strongest after all) but you're right about those other points. If I didn't forget anything, it was only once that he disciplined the crew and acted somehow as a vice-captain (although that was an important speech), namely when the others wanted to just accept Usopp back into the crew.

And there's another thing, why Zoro can't compare with Nami for the position of vice-captain. The most dreadful ability exlusive to female manga characters, which is why he will never stand a chance: The Dummy Smack
Old 2013-10-04, 08:47   Link #62
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
When was the last time we had some real teamwork?
When they brought down Oars, I think. Anyway, you never see much teamwork in manga/anime, just too complicated to draw compared to one on one.
Old 2013-10-04, 16:50   Link #63
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
When was the last time we had some real teamwork?

That one Kumabot at Sabaody that took the entire crew's effort to destroy, if memory serves me right (I think he was PX-4?). Still, even if Nami's group and Law DO back up Sanji, we can't rule out Fujitora joining in on the fun as well, and I think it's safe to say that he's MORE than capable of sinking the Sunny with his powers.....
Old 2013-10-04, 17:18   Link #64
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Can't wait for the power level debates that will take place next week.
Old 2013-10-04, 20:13   Link #65
JonSnow

Since doflamingo's a df user, that gives Sanji a better chance of fighting him above sea water. Probably enough to buy time for the sunny team to escape with CC. After that, Law and Sanji will get a good beating from Fujitora and Joker. Unless they find a way to escape.
Old 2013-10-04, 22:17   Link #66
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Can't wait for the power level debates that will take place next week.
Will be funny if Oda decides to jump back to the Colosseum next chapter and leave this fight for later down the road
Old 2013-10-05, 06:43   Link #67
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Since doflamingo's a df user, that gives Sanji a better chance of fighting him above sea water. Probably enough to buy time for the sunny team to escape with CC. After that, Law and Sanji will get a good beating from Fujitora and Joker. Unless they find a way to escape.
While two mecanism for escaping are out (ussop and franky) surely they should thing another way to fight and buy time.
Old 2013-10-05, 07:14   Link #68
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

What chapter does Sanji fight Vergo? IIRC Sanji has his leg fractured by Vergo when the clashed...if so I'd imagine Vergo to be around the same level as Sanji, ergo Dolfy should be stronger
Old 2013-10-05, 07:56   Link #69
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ The question here is not who's stronger, but how well can Sanji hold his own against the warlord.
Old 2013-10-05, 08:26   Link #70
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The difference in power shouldn't be too big. Zoro and Sanji are not strong enough to face the strongest shichibukai like Doflamingo or Mihawk just yet, but they are probably comparable to some of the others. I'm pretty confident that with the help of the rest on the ship, especially Brook and Chopper, Sanji would have decent odds of defeating Doflamingo, if Fujitora weren't around. But that's why I think that for some reason, we won't see much of a fight just yet. Oda will not show Doflamingo having a hard time before it comes to the final match of the arc. However, I have no idea what could interrupt the brawl.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2013-10-05 at 12:19.
Old 2013-10-05, 17:01   Link #71
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
However, I have no idea what could interrupt the brawl.

Besides Fujitora, you mean? Well, I guess there's also the possibility of Jora recovering and disabling Sanji with her art powers while everyone else is distracted by the fight or something....

Anyway, something else interesting I wanted to touch upon: So far, we've learned that some of the various Dofla officers actually belong to sub-divisions commanded by Dofla's top 3 men (like Violet and Jora being part of the Trebol squad, Gladius belonging to the Pica squad, etc.). So I guess this means that the guys taking part in the tournament are all part of Diamante's squad? That makes the most sense to me, I think. And seeing as Dofla said he had reserved the "heart seat" for Law, I wonder who his officers would have been? His own crew? Or a different group of people hand-picked by Dofla himself?
Old 2013-10-05, 17:06   Link #72
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The difference in power shouldn't be too big. Zoro and Sanji are not strong enough to face the strongest shichibukai like Doflamingo or Mihawk just yet, but they are probably comparable to some of the others. I'm pretty confident that with the help of the rest on the ship, especially Brook and Chopper, Sanji would have decent odds of defeating Doflamingo, if Fujitora weren't around. But that's why I think that for some reason, we won't see much of a fight just yet. Oda will not show Doflamingo having a hard time before it comes to the final match of the arc. However, I have no idea what could interrupt the brawl.
Thats true, Zoro and Sanji aren't strong enough to beat the shichibukai. . But mihawk is stronger than Dofla, and zoro is stronger than sanji. df power aside, Doflamingo mainly fights with his legs, so one could argue he is Sanji's opposite (he certainly treats women bad enough!). He and sanji match up pretty well.

(sorry for the power-level talk, which is running rampant now after the chapter, but its to set up this super-cool, legen-dary theory):

And since I don't think it'll be Luffy, but actually Zoro, who takes down Mihawk, I think Sanji might just have a shot at beating Dofla, if not here than later in the arc or even the series. He might just be Sanji's sort of arch-nemisis, someone sanji has to fight often. Im almost positive this arc will not be the end of Doflamingo, he's been around way too long.

my bad if this theory is already out there

Last edited by wombface; 2013-10-05 at 17:20.
Old 2013-10-05, 17:46   Link #73
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Shichibukai in opposition with the strawhats are Kuma, Doflamingo, Mihawk, and most likely the unknown one (the guy that cut off Zephyr's arm in the past). Zoro's got dibs on Mihawk, and I have a sneaking suspicion Kuma will be dealt with by Franky or Zoro. I'd rather not have Luffy defeat any more shichibukai since he's already beaten two of them (Croc and Moria). As it stands now, he's already got his hands full with other up-and-coming major adversaries like the Yonkou.
Old 2013-10-05, 18:26   Link #74
JonSnow

Quote:
Besides Fujitora, you mean? Well, I guess there's also the possibility of Jora recovering and disabling Sanji with her art powers while everyone else is distracted by the fight or something....
The last page showed Jora tied up with a Kairoseki chain. She won't be any help, all she can do now is cheer on her master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Shichibukai in opposition with the strawhats are Kuma, Doflamingo, Mihawk, and most likely the unknown one (the guy that cut off Zephyr's arm in the past). Zoro's got dibs on Mihawk, and I have a sneaking suspicion Kuma will be dealt with by Franky or Zoro. I'd rather not have Luffy defeat any more shichibukai since he's already beaten two of them (Croc and Moria). As it stands now, he's already got his hands full with other up-and-coming major adversaries like the Yonkou.
It would be nice if someone else ends up defeating Doflamingo in this arc. Law with the help of one of the SH's stronger crew would be good. Since Sanji and the sunny team's in green bit, Doflamingo probably realized by now, that some of his traps have failed.
Old 2013-10-05, 18:50   Link #75
Veviticus

Sounds like violet is a possible new member too. And unlike rebecca, she would add something new to the crew like being their lookout. She can take the spot in the crow's nest.
Old 2013-10-05, 21:38   Link #76
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
And since I don't think it'll be Luffy, but actually Zoro, who takes down Mihawk, I think Sanji might just have a shot at beating Dofla, if not here than later in the arc or even the series. He might just be Sanji's sort of arch-nemisis, someone sanji has to fight often. Im almost positive this arc will not be the end of Doflamingo, he's been around way too long.
It would be cool for Sanji to deal with Doflamingo and Luffy Fujitora.
Old 2013-10-06, 00:33   Link #77
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
The last page showed Jora tied up with a Kairoseki chain. She won't be any help, all she can do now is cheer on her master.

Can we be certain that those chains are made from sea stone, though? I know that Caesar's handcuffs are made of the stuff, but it hasn't exactly been made clear if the Sunny just so happens to have a ton of sea stone materials on board.....

Also, about Zoro vs. Mihawk, I guess I'm part of the minority of those who believe that Zoro will never have a proper final match with him. I'm honestly expecting the guy to either get killed or at least grievously injured before Zoro finally reaches his level (like he loses an arm ala Shanks or something). After all, remember that Zoro's goal isn't so much to beat Mihawk as it is to beat the world's strongest swordsman. If someone else were to defeat Mihawk then that would mean that Zoro would have to fight THAT person for the world's strongest title instead, don't you think? At least, I wouldn't feel this way if Zoro hadn't spent the last two years training under the hawk eyes.....
Old 2013-10-06, 01:15   Link #78
JonSnow

Quote:
Can we be certain that those chains are made from sea stone, though? I know that Caesar's handcuffs are made of the stuff, but it hasn't exactly been made clear if the Sunny just so happens to have a ton of sea stone materials on board.....
Well Usopp did gather a bunch of cuffs and chains from punk hazard and used them on Buffalo, 5 and CC. Plus why would they let Jora stand next to them conscious knowing she can turn them back into art?
Old 2013-10-06, 16:49   Link #79
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
Sounds like violet is a possible new member too. And unlike rebecca, she would add something new to the crew like being their lookout. She can take the spot in the crow's nest.
Actually this could be a nice thing. I am kinda tired of Sanji's endless attempts on women, so this humor could get some nice twist with little jealousy around. Would be so awesome if Sanji would hurry to marry and then feel like unhappy gazed bird which always tries to find a way to sneak out and chase other women..

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-10-06, 17:45   Link #80
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Actually this could be a nice thing. I am kinda tired of Sanji's endless attempts on women, so this humor could get some nice twist with little jealousy around. Would be so awesome if Sanji would hurry to marry and then feel like unhappy gazed bird which always tries to find a way to sneak out and chase other women..

Aw c'mon, hasn't the dude suffered enough already as it is!?
Closed Thread